Do you think you will be playing golf the rest of your life? Tell us why?

1235»

Comments

• moegolfer11moegolfer11 steal your face right off your head Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭
    Yes, because I love it. Simple.
    Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
    Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
    Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
    Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
    Vokey Jet Black SM7 52° 56° 60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
    Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp
  • lefty1978lefty1978 Members Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Sure, why not.
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9.0° w/ HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 76g
    Callaway XR16 3w 15° w/ Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20° w/ Kuro Kage 80g
    Mizuno MP-54 4i-PW w/ DG S300
    Mizuno S18 52°/9 w/ DG S400
    Mizuno S18 56°/10 w/ DG S400
    Mizuno S18 60°/6 w/ DG S400
    Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Putter
    Srixon Q-Star Tour golf balls
  • tonypizzletonypizzle Members Posts: 32 ✭✭
    oh ill definitely be playing golf for the rest of my life. I know it'll slow down a bit when I'm married with kids but i'll still play golf and i'll try to get the kids into golf just so I have it as an excuse!
  • TheGoochTheGooch Members Posts: 86 ✭✭
    **** yeah. Yearly trip with high school buddies, ability to play wherever I travel, and the need for a challenge will keep me playing.
    Cobra F8 9*
    Callaway Rogue 3-Wood 15*
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20*
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-7-9-GW
    Ping Glide 58SS
    Tommy Armour Impact #3
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers Posts: 650 ✭✭
    I've been playing golf since I was 3 years old, so 24 years now. This game has had the largest impact on my life and who I am today. Without question I will be playing this game for the rest of my life. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to contribute to the game in a way that others can cherish it and be impacted by it as I have. 
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • gsea33gsea33 Members Posts: 671 ✭✭
    What else you going to do? Knit, play hearts, take naps?  Play GOLF man to the day u can't.

Titleist 975D 10.5
    Titleist 975F 14.5
    Titleist 975F 20.5
    Ping Eye 2 2, 4-SW BECU
    Titleist Acushnet Bullseye

• howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 720 ✭✭

@golfgirlrobin said:
    I’m planning on pulling a Bing Crosby.

Word. Family history is on my side.

• FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,464 ✭✭

Although I have a long way to go, I will stop playing at age 79.
    70 years will be quite long enough.

• MountainKingMountainKing Members Posts: 1,418 ✭✭

Provided I live a good long life it's unlikely I'll play for all of it. Part of what's fun for me is playing to the ability I know I can play to. My old man loves to play but into his 70's lost so much distance and ability that if/when that happens to me I think I'd just rather hang it up. Maybe my opinion will change, but I have no interest in being the old straight guy in the group.

Taylormade M1 8.5* Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73x
    Taylormade Stage 2 HL Accra FX 300
    Callaway Razr Tour Hybrid 19* Nunchuk
    Rocketbladez Tour 4-PW TT X100
    Tour Preferred 50/54 S400
    TM HI Toe 58 ATV S400
    TM Itsy Bitsy

• VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,047 ✭✭

As long as my body holds up and cheap courses suited to old people don't continue to go under at the pace they have the past 5-10 years, absolutely.

• The Real PacmanThe Real Pacman Members Posts: 77 ✭✭

As long as I don't go broke or have a serious injury that keeps me from playing, yes, hopefully so.

• ReasonabilityReasonability Mirror work is a good idea. Members Posts: 8,498 ✭✭

@SixtySomePing said:
    Golf is a great game, and unlike some other sports, it can be played your entire life if you have the desire, the health, the $, etc.

So how about you, looking into your future plans as you see them right now with this great game, do you think you will be playing golf the rest of your life?

The plan is to be referred to as an "old guy" (Lol - Already happened inside WRX -so I got that going for me). Then finish putting out on 18 and go cold as a mackerel whilst adding up the scorecard. 🚑 That card btw will miraculously include an ace during the round. This all goes down when I'm so old a Mail Pouch barn looks new next to me.

A cynic sees the cost of everything
    and the value of nothing.
  • greggreg Members Posts: 82 ✭✭

I sure do plan on it. Seems like every year I get a little bit better. ;-) Why quit?

• willie991willie991 Members Posts: 346 ✭✭

Retired and in my early 70's. Carded right at 200 rounds last year. Golf is my reason to get up each morning. Golf keeps the body and mind exercising. We have a group of 10 seniors. Any day we will see from three or four up to all ten. Of course we break into a couple of groups if more than five show up. It's a great way to socialize.
    So many retire, recline, and decline. One in our group was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer over a year ago. He is so weakened from the chemo treatments and the body is just trying to give up. Every day he can get out of bed, he's with us for at least nine holes... and hits the ball well. The "need" to get to the golf course has kept him going longer than just giving up and sitting down.
    A couple of us would like to... we plan on playing until we drop dead on the course. So much better than sitting in front of The Price is Right and Judge Judy all day long.

• dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,278 ✭✭
    edited Apr 21, 2019 10:41pm #136

Always have clubs, always have a bike. May not play or ride as often, but always will in some form or another. Why? Because I get real enjoyment out of both and life is too short to not have real enjoyment out of it.

in rehab for back surgery #3.....
1235»