Apologies to Ping! The G410 is the best looking driver I have ever seen!

Comments

• norge5norge5 Members Posts: 1,492 ✭✭
    Gender neutral drivers. Don't want to **** anybody off.
  • SCOTT4099SCOTT4099 Members Posts: 987 ✭✭
    Flattery will get you no where...
    Callaway epic 9.0
    Cobra bio cell 3/4
    Ping G 19 degree hybrid
    Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
    Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
    Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,280 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

Yes, but does it project masculinity?

When i buy a driver, i want to think of guys playing volleyball in jeans listening to Kenny Loggins

Paging Dr. DavePelz4....

Can you please help this patient Doctor?
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭
    Lamb wrote:

J9293 wrote:

I think the 410 doesn’t look good at all. It’s a bit too bulbous for my taste. I can’t get that fish tail out of my mind when I look at it either. I much prefer the more angular look of the 400.

Each to their own - if you think it's too bulbous then I wonder what you thought of the G5, G10,G15, G20, G25, G30... Oh and the fish tail is one of the best things. What an aerodynamic master piece. This is the Formula 1 of golf drivers. We should also not forget the Ping logo was gold plated chrome what a truly stunning look for a logo. No OEM has every done such a fine job with their logo. Also the G410 sign was more pronounced with Ping placing it in the centre. This is a bold statement and shows they are proud and confident of the G410 model. If you compare the G400 they all but hid the G400 sign making it inconspicuous, as if to say "hey guys try this out and see if you like it but in case its not good you will forget what ping model it was"

As for the G400 - its boring but functional. I hear it sounds awful too. In fairness, the most important thing for most people is performance, therefore I guess one can describe the G400 as the loyal dependable and plain wife. Great for most people but not for me, I want ****, I want vivacious, I want titillation and that final celebration and that's everything that G410 offers.

While I'm not over the moon with my wife, she is Loyal, Dependable, and Plain image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . She is great for ME, also ****, vivacious and titillating, at least to me. Am I describing my wife, or my 2017 M1?
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,826 ✭✭
    Woodland sold lots more Ping drivers for them at Kap
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • MitchellGolfingMitchellGolfing Members Posts: 1,303 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 8:31pm #37
    Now Ping can sleep at night knowing they have now sold one more already.
    Callaway Xr 9* set to 11*, Project X 6.0
    Adams Tightlies 16*,Stock stiff
    Wilson Reflex 4-G Uniflex stock steel
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 54/58* Wedge flex
    Ping Anser 33” Superstroke 3.0
  • sramp17sramp17 Members Posts: 72 ✭✭
    G400 was better looking IMO
  • CheckJVCheckJV Male Model Members Posts: 2,102 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

When i buy a driver, i want to think of guys playing volleyball in jeans listening to Kenny Loggins

Big hitter the Loggins.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,793 ✭✭
    MtlJeff wrote:

Jean shorts with the pockets hanging lower than the cut line.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • EgobblewobbleEgobblewobble Members Posts: 303 ✭✭
    I really dislike the g410 looks. Found the sole of the g400 much more clean
    That dog'll hunt
  • Payton1020Payton1020 Members Posts: 2,006 ✭✭
    Nixhex524 wrote:

Payton1020 wrote:

Lamb wrote:

So I made a dumb thread questioning if Ping had ever made a good looking driver, in fairness this was before I saw pics of the G410 in the other thread. I am shocked! So shocked that they could produced something that looks so mean, so ****, so.... (lost of words here!) I am 100% convinced they have a new design team.

100% buying this driver! I don't care who it feels or plays I am just going to buy it period!!! When does it come out?

That matte finish on the bottom is gonna get beat to s***! What's the rest of it look like?

The 400s are matte on the bottom and seem to hold up really well. That said, I am not much of a fan of the looks of the 410 so far and I can not see it outperforming the 400 by much if at all, but hoping to be proved wrong.

I was goofing. I love the looks of the Ping woods.
    COBRA Fly Z, Fly Z+, LTD Black
    ADAMS Super S 15* & 18* Matrix HD Radix SVI
    WILSON STAFF 20° Fybrid RS UST Mamiya VTS
    GOLFSMITH P2 4-PW, GW, SW, LW True Temper Formula 1 stepless

ODYSSEY Tri-Ball SRT

OGIO Grom 14 way stand bag
  • SilenceXSilenceX Members Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 10:15pm #43
    You can see the top of the club in this video, including the draw and fade slider
  • collingsom1acollingsom1a Chicago, ILMembers Posts: 834 ✭✭
    edited Jan 8, 2019 10:22pm #44

J9293 wrote:

I think the 410 doesn’t look good at all. It’s a bit too bulbous for my taste. I can’t get that fish tail out of my mind when I look at it either. I much prefer the more angular look of the 400.

LOL!! Total fish tail.

And has anyone seen what actually matters? The crown??

Still have all the dragonflies and titulators?? Fugly. They certainly function well, but they are fugly.

No dragonfly!

Another home run!

Par for the course!!!!!
    Hey man, I'm the dude
  • TexasCarlosTexasCarlos Unregistered Posts: 861 ✭✭
    I wonder how good this driver would look next to some pleated khakis ?
    G400 LST
    TM SLDR TS
    Apex UT 18'
    Apex MB 18'
    RTX 2.0 Raw
    Ping Anser Milled
  • sailfishchrissailfishchris Members Posts: 894 ✭✭
    That's it! I'm selling my Ping's and buying the Hammer X...... I need something with more testosterone!
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Synergy Proto 65TX
    Ping G400 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tours 3-PW Super Peening Blue X
    Vokey SM5 52, 56, 60 DGTI-s400
    Cameron Newport 1.5
    TP5X/ProV1X
    Jones Player 003/ Jones Utility Trouper
  • mantanmantan Members Posts: 2,518 ✭✭
    halliedog wrote:

Lamb wrote:

J9293 wrote:

Each to their own - if you think it's too bulbous then I wonder what you thought of the G5, G10,G15, G20, G25, G30... Oh and the fish tail is one of the best things. What an aerodynamic master piece. This is the Formula 1 of golf drivers. We should also not forget the Ping logo was gold plated chrome what a truly stunning look for a logo. No OEM has every done such a fine job with their logo. Also the G410 sign was more pronounced with Ping placing it in the centre. This is a bold statement and shows they are proud and confident of the G410 model. If you compare the G400 they all but hid the G400 sign making it inconspicuous, as if to say "hey guys try this out and see if you like it but in case its not good you will forget what ping model it was"

As for the G400 - its boring but functional. I hear it sounds awful too. In fairness, the most important thing for most people is performance, therefore I guess one can describe the G400 as the loyal dependable and plain wife. Great for most people but not for me, I want ****, I want vivacious, I want titillation and that final celebration and that's everything that G410 offers.

While I'm not over the moon with my wife, she is Loyal, Dependable, and Plain image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . She is great for ME, also ****, vivacious and titillating, at least to me. Am I describing my wife, or my 2017 M1?

post pics and we'll let you know...
    WITB (as of 3/28/19)
    PING G400 Max 10.5*
    PING G400 5-Wood
    PING G25 20* Hybrid
    PING G25 23* Hybrid
    Srixon Z565 5-AW
    PING Stealth ES Glide 54*
    PING Glide ES 58*
    PING Sigma 2 Fetch
    Callaway Chrome Soft TruVis
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,751 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 9, 2019 11:27am #48
    SilenceX wrote:

You can see the top of the club in this video, including the draw and fade slider https://youtu.be/3wxyVdOeJxo?t=132

Thanks for the video. I am waiting for the spring to get fit for new driver and irons. Thought it would be G400max, but will check out the G410. But those turbulator bumps on to are too big to look at. Im sure I can make it work if it performs, but man!!

Also, the colors look for orange than red. Was look forward to the Red/black theme matching my current covers. But those colors look more like orange.

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Kuro Kage Silver Hybrid 80, stiff
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/Clicgear 3.5+
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WIMembers Posts: 6,776 ✭✭
    SubaruWRX wrote:

th6252 wrote:

So you try to rectify making a dumb thread by making another dumb thread? 2 wrongs don't make a right.

But 3 lefts do...

This was a good post

MtlJeff wrote:

Well played
    Cobra LTD Pro Xphlexxx Rickie Proto / G400 LST Veylix Roughneck
    Cobra F7 AXE Fairway
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • mosesgolfmosesgolf Members Posts: 6,833 ✭✭
    Meh. IMO the Anser and i25 were the best looking Ping drivers. Ping actually made an unforgiving driver though. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Taylormade M1 9.5 661 Tour Spec Stiff
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood 15 Kuro Kage Stiff
    Taylormade RBZ 18 Altus Stiff
    Adams Peanut 24* Altus Stiff
    Taylormade PSI Tour DGS300 Stiff 5-PW
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52 56 60
    Taylormade SI Spider 72 38
  • th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭
    SubaruWRX wrote:

th6252 wrote:

So you try to rectify making a dumb thread by making another dumb thread? 2 wrongs don't make a right.

But 3 lefts do...

didn't picture you being a nascar fan with a name like subaruwrx lol.
  • hayzoooshayzooos Madison, WIMembers Posts: 6,776 ✭✭
    mosesgolf wrote:

Meh. IMO the Anser and i25 were the best looking Ping drivers. Ping actually made an unforgiving driver though. image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I hear you on the Anser, but the racing stripe on the i25? Maybe you're talking just head shape and not paint?
    Cobra LTD Pro Xphlexxx Rickie Proto / G400 LST Veylix Roughneck
    Cobra F7 AXE Fairway
    TM P790 2 iron KBS Tour V
    Mizuno 900 Forged Nippon Modus3 120
    Vokey SM7 50F/54S/58M AMT White S400
    Odyssey MXM #1W
    WITB Link
  • uggenjigmey407uggenjigmey407 Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    Anybody with info on Ping G410 irons?
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭
    edited Jan 10, 2019 8:07pm #54
    mantan wrote:

halliedog wrote:

Lamb wrote:

J9293 wrote:

post pics and we'll let you know...

"As for the G400 (insert wife) - its boring but functional. I hear it sounds awful too. In fairness, the most important thing for most people is performance"

To be fair, I could've probably quoted this part more when compared to the part I did quote in last post. No pics coming, you can hopefully search for pics online of an M1, and hopefully not so much of my wife image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> !
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers Posts: 730 ✭✭
    I’m actually surprised. I think they did a great job with the G400 series (although the retro-ish color scheme took a bit to love). I was hoping the G410 would improve on that but I think this is a step in the wrong direction.
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 433 ✭✭
    I love Ping drivers. Especially the g400 lst and max, but i refuse to buy a driver with any red on it. Also like the new Srixon, but wont even test it bc it has red on it! Redoing the paintfill doesnt really isnt really a resolution either of im spending $400 plus on a driver.

I would hit a solid brown (doo-doo brown) before it hit one with red! Shafts and grips are another story.
  • viperstudioviperstudio Members Posts: 1,592 ✭✭
    edited Jan 10, 2019 11:11pm #57
    Lol I thought it was a Wilson driver.
    TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5° backup)
    TI M2 (2016) 13.5° TS AD-GP 7x
    TM P790 2 UDI bent 16° [font=futura-pt, sans-serif]KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X [/font] (TI RSi TP UDI 1MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX backup)

TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 S
    TI TM Milled GRIND 52° and 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
    TI Bullseye Tour Putter
    KSIG/PROv1x
  • norge5norge5 Members Posts: 1,492 ✭✭
    I am a big Ping fan. But how somebody thinks the older models look hideous but this one looks great is beyond me. From a cosmetic standpoint, in my opinion this isn't one of their better efforts. To each his own though.
  • NPVWhizNPVWhiz Members Posts: 1,976 ✭✭
    edited Jan 11, 2019 6:40am #59
    MtlJeff wrote:

Jeez, I think this is the most ambiguous statement of preference I’ve seen on the board in all these years.

Where does that fall on the spectrum? Is it left of guys in satin shorts playing volleyball listening to Miley Cyrus, or is it in the other direction? 🤔 Like Phil and Billy Mayfair in their college days. Wait a minute. Maybe that’s Charlie Hoffman.
    Taylormade r11s 9 Penley Stealth 70x 44.5" D-3
    > Taylormade 16 M1 8.5 GD AD TP6x 44.0" D3 PX Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 44.5" D-3
    Nickent 3DX Pro 14 MRC Diamana WB 83s
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18 Grafalloy CNote ProtoX
    Mizuno MP62 DG x-100 Sensicore D-4 3-pw
    > Ping i200 DG120 S3 D-3 +1/4" Red 4-U.
    Vokey SM6 56-14/60-04M DG x-100 Sensicore 1xss D-5
    > Vokey SM6 56/10 60/4M DG 120 S300 35" D-5
    Scotty Golo
  • LambLamb LondonMembers Posts: 325 ✭✭
    SCOTT4099 wrote:

Flattery will get you no where...

It does - got me the hottest girls and hopefully gonna get me a G410. (Hope you are reading this ping reps - PM for my address!!)
  • LambLamb LondonMembers Posts: 325 ✭✭

I really dislike the g410 looks. Found the sole of the g400 much more clean

You want clean, safe and angular designs with gender neutral colour schemes? Bad news Ping has moved on! Tired of being the safe, unsexy and favourite of middle management staff, it's looking to step up and join the Alpha males favourite clubs. (The Titleist and Mizuno). The G410 now projects a strong, masculine look and would no doubt be attracting a new bold following. CEO's, hedge fund owners, men in power etc. For all the ping users welcome to the change #WeToo