Your 2019 Golf Recap

2»

Comments

• bortassbortass ATLMembers  1465WRX Points: 142Posts: 1,465 Platinum Tees

2019 is the year I started playing again after quitting in 2013. I relocated from Maine to Atlanta for work in July. We bought a house on a course and finally got around to joining in December. I managed a handful of 9 hole rounds, which probably equals all the holes I played between 2014 and 18. The course is upgrade for me. Going from a public course to a better maintained private one, which is also more difficult. It's been fun and I look forward to enjoying myself on the course in 2020.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • RJ_MJ_JJRJ_MJ_JJ Members  116WRX Points: 97Handicap: between my earsPosts: 116 Fairways

2019 was a good golf year! Joined a country club in Eastern Washington. Played more this year than any other year in my adult life. Got my handicap down from a 6 to a 3.4 (before the WHS change). Bought new irons (i210s) for the first time in my life. Got my oldest son (6) into junior golf - he LOVES it. I'm looking forward to playing competitive golf again for the first time since 2013!

Posted:

WHS Index: ~3
    -WITB-
    Cobra F7+ 8* w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5-75g - tipped 1"
    Ping G410 Crossover 2i w/ DG SL105 X
    Ping i210 Irons 3-P w/ KBS C Taper 125 S+, hard step +1, blue dot
    Cleveland RTX 4; 50-mid, 54-mid, 58-mid w/ KBS C Taper 125 S+
    Ping Sigma G KUSHIN w/ lots of lead tape
    Bridgestone Tour B X
    Winn Dri Tac - MIDSIZE

• ObeeObee ClubWRX  4102WRX Points: 922Handicap: +1Posts: 4,102 ClubWRX

One word: LACSAC!!!!!

Posted:
    PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - S
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3W - Atmos Tour Spec Red - S
    Titleist 917 5-wood - Rogue Max 75 - S
    Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
    Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
    Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46*
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50*
    Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56*
    PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 Gring 60*
    Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 76.5*)
  • CHall1525CHall1525 Members  17WRX Points: 10Handicap: MehPosts: 17 Bunkers

Good year here. Joined a local club and gained some good golfing buddies. Simplified my swing to focus on solid contact and started seeing some results. Not scoring a ton better yet, but got to play a lot of rounds and my putting has improved greatly this year. In 2020 i'm looking to keep better track of my stats, get an official handicap and actually show some improvement.

Posted:
  • pat_katopat_kato ClubWRX  164WRX Points: 142Posts: 164 ClubWRX

2019 was the year I really got into this sport. Went from playing once every month or 2 or three to playing at least once a week. I invested in lessons and new equipment and really took my game more seriously trying to get better and better. I'm hooked and I don't see myself stepping away from this game any time soon.

Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max 9º Ventus Black 6s Stiff Flex
    Fairway: TaylorMade SIM Max 3 Wood Ventus Blue 7s Stiff Flex
    Hybrid: TaylorMade SIM MAX 3H Ventus Blue 6s Flex
    Irons: Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-P True Temper Dynalite 105 Stiff Flex
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 52º F Grind, 56º M Grind, 60º M Grind 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS

Advertisement
  • BraxtonFullertonBraxtonFullerton Members  70WRX Points: 34Handicap: 21Posts: 70 Bunkers
    Posted:

Taylormade SIM 9° / UST Mamiya Helium 5F4 Shaft

Cobra King F8 One Length 4 & 5 Hybrid

Cobra King F8 6-GW irons

Cleveland RTX 2.0 54° & 58° Wedges

Ping Scottsdale TR Senita B Putter

• Sean2Sean2 Members  32464WRX Points: 2,445Posts: 32,464 Titanium Tees
    Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• MrStiberMrStiber Members  5WRX Points: 10Posts: 5 Bunkers

Returned after a 7 year break from any golf - maybe Tiger winning the Masters got me inspired?! I actually never thought I would return.

Joined a new club but didn't find anyone to play with - played two(!) full rounds by myself and quite a few 5-9 holes evening "rounds". A new club is on the way for 2020, looks interesting :D

The golfing highlight of 2019 was bringing my to kids (9 & 5 y/o) to the Pitch & Putt course of a local club => I play the wedge shots and they putt. To see the pure joy of my children getting the ball in the hole (even after 5-7 putts...) was almost heart breaking and something that we will give more focus more in 2020. Lots of high fives and fist pumps.

Best of luck to everyone in 2020

Posted:
  • Patrik1982Patrik1982 Members  64WRX Points: 36Handicap: 4Posts: 64 Bunkers

Nice thread!

My comeback to golf has continued, this year was the first I plateud a bit. Keep shooting in the 75-80 range all the time, hitting a bunch of greens. Also keep struggling to find a swing I want to settle on.

Next year I hope to start bringing my 4 yo with me and break par for the first time since my 20 year hiatus. And no more club hooing!

Posted:
    TM M3 10.5 (set @ 9) w Diamana W-series 70x
    Mizuno MP650 3 wood w Diamana D+ 80s
    Cobra King Utility OL 2-3 w AMT White s
    Miura CB57 5-pw w Nippon 130s
    Vokey SM7 50F / 54S / 58S / 62M w Nippon 130s
    Custom SC Laguna
  • RoejyeRoejye Members  35WRX Points: 23Posts: 35 Bunkers

2019 was the first year I played golf with any regularity thanks to having a membership at a local club. It was a fun year, I felt I was improving and had some very nice shots toward the end. I greatly reduced my slicing, however I still usually play military golf. I have replaced my entire bag, bag included. Gone to the range a couple of times to try and keep what little semblance of a swing I have. My goals/plans for next year are to actually keep score more often and get myself a handicap, and I'm debating getting fitted in the offseason, but could very well put that off depending on how I'm swinging it. I also have some friends who are interested in golfing with me, so hopefully we could have a couple rounds together too.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • hoselcockshoselcocks Members  4WRX Points: 27Posts: 4 Starters

2019 was a major disappointment. Game steadily declined throughout year and then played worst golf of my life on year end buddy trip. Hoping I forget all bad swing memories by spring.

Posted:
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members  3486WRX Points: 268Posts: 3,486 Titanium Tees

The golfing highs were lower and the worst rounds were near psyche scarring affairs. He did nothing better - except Tee distance - on the course this year verses previous years.

Tried to be more aggressive going at the flag. An awful scrambling and putting year made that approach suspect.

Had much higher expectations and that may be part of it too. Went into some rounds thinking that he was ready and proceeded to implode on some, others just meander. Maintaining a consistent groove was really a struggle and he recalls moments when he knew his mind was not there like it has to be.

all his best rounds were out of town...

Posted:
    Taylormade SLDR TP 430 10*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15*
    Taylormade SLDR 19*
    Titleist 909H 21*
    Mizuno MP FliHi 24*
    Mizuno Yoro MP-15 5-PW
    Mizuno MP T7 52* 58*
    Odyssey White Hot #6
  • pat_katopat_kato ClubWRX  164WRX Points: 142Posts: 164 ClubWRX

I forgot to mention that I got my first hole in one in 2019!

Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max 9º Ventus Black 6s Stiff Flex
    Fairway: TaylorMade SIM Max 3 Wood Ventus Blue 7s Stiff Flex
    Hybrid: TaylorMade SIM MAX 3H Ventus Blue 6s Flex
    Irons: Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-P True Temper Dynalite 105 Stiff Flex
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 52º F Grind, 56º M Grind, 60º M Grind 
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.