2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Valspar Discussion Thread

Medic

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that tiger fan yelling noonan at Patrick Reed on 16 and 17 when he was cleaning up his 3 footers says it all. He didn’t have the guy tossed. Reed gave him the death stare and nothing more. The fans trying to will tiger today were overboard. The same people in the other thread about Justin Thomas saying you shouldn’t root against a guy we’re all ok with this behaviour. Snedeker had people yelling in his back swing half the day. Ridiculous.

I told someone earlier not to poke the bear ( Reed) He is the type that can feed of negativity and stomp your throat in the right circumstances.

Here’s the thing. I’m a golf fan a tiger fan, a Phil fan and so on. Love and like so many players I can’t list them all. If Phil was paired with tiger and tiger had a 3-4 footer and some clown yelled noonan at him this board would be apoplectic. I don’t like the hypocrisy. Cheer for tiger all you want but don’t yell at players during their backswing and while they’re putting. Compare that to guy who after Justin Thomas hits says get in the bunker. That seems tame now doesn’t it?

I thought that tiger fan yelling noonan at Patrick Reed on 16 and 17 when he was cleaning up his 3 footers says it all. He didn’t have the guy tossed. Reed gave him the death stare and nothing more. The fans trying to will tiger today were overboard. The same people in the other thread about Justin Thomas saying you shouldn’t root against a guy we’re all ok with this behaviour. Snedeker had people yelling in his back swing half the day. Ridiculous.

I told someone earlier not to poke the bear ( Reed) He is the type that can feed of negativity and stomp your throat in the right circumstances.

Here’s the thing. I’m a golf fan a tiger fan, a Phil fan and so on. Love and like so many players I can’t list them all. If Phil was paired with tiger and tiger had a 3-4 footer and some clown yelled noonan at him this board would be apoplectic. I don’t like the hypocrisy. Cheer for tiger all you want but don’t yell at players during their backswing and while they’re putting. Compare that to guy who after Justin Thomas hits says get in the bunker. That seems tame now doesn’t it?

That's why i always correct people who claim tour players demand silence or have rabbit ears. Its bad under regular conditions but when Tiger plays it's a whole different world. Cant stand the idiots you mentioned btw.

Not a win, but as many have said four solid rounds in a row is a really good sign. He actually played really well today in my opinion. He didn’t really seem to every really miss. Just could quite get it close enough.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Great win for Casey. Very pleased to see him finally get another PGA Tour victory after a very long period of consistent play from him. I had my doubts, based on so many fails of his in the past, but it looks like the work he's done on his putting is starting to pay off. He has always been solid tee to green.

That's why i always correct people who claim tour players demand silence or have rabbit ears. Its bad under regular conditions but when Tiger plays it's a whole different world. Cant stand the idiots you mentioned btw.

Exactly! not golf fans just celebrity chasers.

That putt on 17 was nothing short of amazing. Cannot help but look forward to Bay Hill. Tiger loves the Orlando area courses (considering he had or perhaps still has a home there) and always seems to do well.

This week certainly put the Valspar on the map.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I’m really happy for Paul Casey. That’s a guy that’s been knocking on the door for a while for a win. He played about as well as you can play. 21 putts is crazy.

Tiger just didn’t give himself any makeable putts. He said he was in between clubs most of the day and I can believe that. He played safer shots. All in all, he played better than many thought he would. While there is no guarantee of performance going forward, you have to like how he’s trending. A tournament he’s never played and puts out a T2 with Captain America.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised Connors folded today. Still he played great. He showed some skill out there.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I wonder if the Bay Hill thread will be as long. :-)

It might be this long before the first ball is hit.

Sadly true...

Why is that sad?

Back in the day, Arnold Palmer was the man, had throngs of fans.

TW is nothing more and nothing less than Arnie 2.0 in terms of his appeal to get people excited about golf.

Its a "good* thing.

What's with the idiotic commentators acting surprised that Patrick Reed can hit a fade off the 18th tee because "it's not his natural shot"? You don't get to that level without being able to work the ball both ways, especially a simple cut off the tee.

the main reason I have the TV muted during sports events...................those knuckleheads just have to fill the empty space with the obvious or idiotic.

• Callaway Rogue Draw 10.5*
  • The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

That putt on 17 was nothing short of amazing. Cannot help but look forward to Bay Hill. Tiger loves the Orlando area courses (considering he had or perhaps still has a home there) and always seems to do well.

Totally excited to see what Tiger can do at Bay Hill. He'll have a chance if he can drive it well.

I’m really happy for Paul Casey. That’s a guy that’s been knocking on the door for a while for a win. He played about as well as you can play. 21 putts is crazy.

Tiger just didn’t give himself any makeable putts. He said he was in between clubs most of the day and I can believe that. He played safer shots. All in all, he played better than many thought he would. While there is no guarantee of performance going forward, you have to like how he’s trending. A tournament he’s never played and puts out a T2 with Captain America.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised Connors folded today. Still he played great. He showed some skill out there.

Well said Tommy. Connors can take away a lot of positives, and this experience will probably motivate him even more. Tiger is playing very well considering how long it's been and the venues he has chosen. A lot of positives for him too.

Casey had 17 world wide wins entering today. Given how nice his swing is I was wondering when he would win again over here. Props to him for that final round 65. :-)

What's with the idiotic commentators acting surprised that Patrick Reed can hit a fade off the 18th tee because "it's not his natural shot"? You don't get to that level without being able to work the ball both ways, especially a simple cut off the tee.

the main reason I have the TV muted during sports events...................those knuckleheads just have to fill the empty space with the obvious or idiotic.

Well, that, and you don't have to listen to some members of the gallery shouting inane things.

um 2015 called...

Anyone else feel like they just got done watching a major?

LOL no...