The Open Championship at Royal Portrush GC/Dunluce Links - Shane Lowry is the 2019 Champion Golfer

tiderider

> @stanger37 said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @Cincy_Ken said:

> > > I really hope Rory gets back to #1 and winning majors again. He's an outstanding ambassador of the sport; the fact that JT tweeted as much shows how much he's respected. But he's got a lot of soul searching to do after having the year he's had and not contending in any of the majors.

> >

> > He got pretty emotional in that interview. I think he wanted it a lot more than many of us give him credit for.

>

> I think he tried to appear very loose about it and that it was just another major but it really meant something to him. Hindsight 100% but if he allowed himself to feel the emotion prior to his first tee shot rather than trying to keep it down, perhaps the first round is better. 16 yesterday is certainly the shot we all look at, but after being in a 4 shot hole when you step off the first green, how many other shots did he try to get too cute with instead of honing in and sticking to his game, not pressing? again, hindsight that he only misses by 1 shot. One of those times an NFL team doesn't kick a fieldgoal for free points and end up losing by 1 or 2.

That 3 putts from 3 feet was hard to watch.

> @MattyO1984 said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > Reading online that Bob MacIntyre and Kyle Stanley exchanged some words after Stanley didn't shout fore earlier and the ball ended up striking the mum of MacIntyre's caddie. Good on Bob for taking him to task.

> >

> > Do you really think somebody in the crowd could hear a golfer yelling "fore" ...... not likely.

>

> Better to try and fail than not to try at all...

Haven’t we already covered this? Nobody yells fore anymore. Plenty are signaling though, which is the only sensible thing.

And please tell me what the odds were of one golfer hitting the mother of the caddy of one of his playing partners. Cmon, one of you gambling degenerates must have some numbers.

Rory has the talent to be ranked number 1 and win multiple majors over the next few years. But that will not happen if he keeps going about things the way he is now. It’s just not working. I don’t know if he needs a change in swing coach, short game/putting coach, mental coach, or caddie. That’s up to him to figure out. Or he can keep doing things the same way and keep getting the same results . The fact that he fought back hard to almost make the cut is encouraging. He needs to show that kind of spirit for 72 holes.

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > Rory just wedged himself right out of the tournament....after a brilliant attempt to come back, he kits an 80-yard wedge into a pot bunker with 3 holes left.....what a choke

> I thought he was going to do make it. Dang. He was playing some inspired golf. Well, he still might...

>

that wedge into the bunker was inexcusable.....

• Like 1

> @dalehead said:

> Rory has the talent to be ranked number 1 and win multiple majors over the next few years. But that will not happen if he keeps going about things the way he is now. It’s just not working. I don’t know if he needs a change in swing coach, short game/putting coach, mental coach, or caddie. That’s up to him to figure out. Or he can keep doing things the same way and keep getting the same results . The fact that he fought back hard to almost make the cut is encouraging. He needs to show that kind of spirit for 72 holes.

He needs a real caddie. Start there.

> @dalehead said:

> Rory has the talent to be ranked number 1 and win multiple majors over the next few years. But that will not happen if he keeps going about things the way he is now. It’s just not working. I don’t know if he needs a change in swing coach, short game/putting coach, mental coach, or caddie. That’s up to him to figure out. Or he can keep doing things the same way and keep getting the same results . The fact that he fought back hard to almost make the cut is encouraging. He needs to show that kind of spirit for 72 holes.

You could say the same about John Daly in the 90s

He just don’t want to do the work and commitment.

I don’t judge or blame him. Bank is insane.

Either that or his talent level and mental game eroded a heck of a lot.

He made an 8 on the first hole. Couldn’t get it back. And did even worse. A champion finds his game and gets it together.

He couldn’t.

> @tsecor said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > Rory just wedged himself right out of the tournament....after a brilliant attempt to come back, he kits an 80-yard wedge into a pot bunker with 3 holes left.....what a choke

> > I thought he was going to do make it. Dang. He was playing some inspired golf. Well, he still might...

> >

>

> that wedge into the bunker was inexcusable.....

So was the 3 putt from 3 feet on 16 yesterday

Not long in from a busy day at Royal Portrush.

Firstly, the course is in fantastic condition. Really well set up and played fair, good shots were rewarded while bad shots were punished. Theres also much more elevation changes than it seems on tv e.g. the first goes quite steeply uphill, the 17th is massively downhill. The 16th is just downright intimidating!

Followed Rory for the back nine. It was chaotic but the atmosphere was unbelievable. The bogey on 13 killed him but still looked like he might get it done. The crowds and noise level for 8pm on a Friday night was off the charts.

A few other highlight:

- I was right behind Tiger's putt on one which dropped from a long was out. Big pop for that.

- Similar for the Westwood putt on 16.

- The noise off the club head - they're playing a different sport to hackers like me.

- Delighted G-Mac made the cut on his home course.

Great day.

Let’s not forget how devastated Gator must be because of El Tigre missing the cut.

Hang in there, Gator. Hang in there.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @lowheel said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > and if spieth can hit that fairway two consecutive days, anybody can ...

>

> seve won a few of these so that goes out the window

maybe, but you get the point ... internal ob on 1st hole shouldn't be that big of a deal, esp with an iron in your hand ...

> @Lagavulin62 said:

> > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > > Reading online that Bob MacIntyre and Kyle Stanley exchanged some words after Stanley didn't shout fore earlier and the ball ended up striking the mum of MacIntyre's caddie. Good on Bob for taking him to task.

> > >

> > > Do you really think somebody in the crowd could hear a golfer yelling "fore" ...... not likely.

> >

> > Better to try and fail than not to try at all...

>

> Haven’t we already covered this? Nobody yells fore anymore. Plenty are signaling though, which is the only sensible thing.

>

> And please tell me what the odds were of one golfer hitting the mother of the caddy of one of his playing partners. Cmon, one of you gambling degenerates must have some numbers.

he failed to yell fore twice, hitting someone each time ... you yell "fore", regardless ...

• Like 2

> @flushem said:

> The Open Championship updated

>

> B Koepka 5/1

> T Fleetwood 11/2

> J Rose 7/1

> S Lowry 8/1

> J Rahm 14/1

> J Spieth 14/1

> L Westwood 14/1

> JB Holmes 16/1

> D Johnson 20/1

> C Smith 30/1

> M Kuchar 30/1

> X Schauffele 30/1

> H Stenson 40/1

> J Harding 40/1

> R Fowler 40/1

> T Finau 40/1

> P Reed 50/1

In all my years following horse racing and also making my own odds line I have never encountered 11/2. Is this normal for general sports betting odds?

> @Texas1 said:

> So glad chamblee called Rory out

> My boy loves him, me I think he should have won at leat 10 majors by now. However that 5 inches between the ears isn’t tigers 5 inches ?

Yep. Chamblee often says on TV what many are thinking but unwilling to openly admit. I love watching Rory, but he has his flaws. I'm glad Chamblee also mentioned that many of Rory's 2019 stats, like strokes gained, are the best of his career. Many people don't seem to realize that.

> @Lagavulin62 said:

> > @flushem said:

> > The Open Championship updated

> >

> > B Koepka 5/1

> > T Fleetwood 11/2

> > J Rose 7/1

> > S Lowry 8/1

> > J Rahm 14/1

> > J Spieth 14/1

> > L Westwood 14/1

> > JB Holmes 16/1

> > D Johnson 20/1

> > C Smith 30/1

> > M Kuchar 30/1

> > X Schauffele 30/1

> > H Stenson 40/1

> > J Harding 40/1

> > R Fowler 40/1

> > T Finau 40/1

> > P Reed 50/1

>

> In all my years following horse racing and also making my own odds line I have never encountered 11/2. Is this normal for general sports betting odds?

Generally, in the US we stop at 9/2 and then just go 5-1, 6-1 etc. only when we go below 2-1 do we see things like 6/5 or 3/5.

In the UK they use all sorts of fractions, 11/4, 7/4, 10/3.

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > @flushem said:

> > > The Open Championship updated

> > >

> > > B Koepka 5/1

> > > T Fleetwood 11/2

> > > J Rose 7/1

> > > S Lowry 8/1

> > > J Rahm 14/1

> > > J Spieth 14/1

> > > L Westwood 14/1

> > > JB Holmes 16/1

> > > D Johnson 20/1

> > > C Smith 30/1

> > > M Kuchar 30/1

> > > X Schauffele 30/1

> > > H Stenson 40/1

> > > J Harding 40/1

> > > R Fowler 40/1

> > > T Finau 40/1

> > > P Reed 50/1

> >

> > In all my years following horse racing and also making my own odds line I have never encountered 11/2. Is this normal for general sports betting odds?

>

> Generally, in the US we stop at 9/2 and then just go 5-1, 6-1 etc. only when we go below 2-1 do we see things like 6/5 or 3/5.

> In the UK they use all sorts of fractions, 11/4, 7/4, 10/3.

Ah. Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

> @Collace said:

> Not long in from a busy day at Royal Portrush.

>

> Firstly, the course is in fantastic condition. Really well set up and played fair, good shots were rewarded while bad shots were punished. Theres also much more elevation changes than it seems on tv e.g. the first goes quite steeply uphill, the 17th is massively downhill. The 16th is just downright intimidating!

>

> Followed Rory for the back nine. It was chaotic but the atmosphere was unbelievable. The bogey on 13 killed him but still looked like he might get it done. The crowds and noise level for 8pm on a Friday night was off the charts.

>

> A few other highlight:

> - I was right behind Tiger's putt on one which dropped from a long was out. Big pop for that.

> - Similar for the Westwood putt on 16.

> - The noise off the club head - they're playing a different sport to hackers like me.

> - Delighted G-Mac made the cut on his home course.

>

> Great day.

Thanks for sharing a great day at the Open.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @Pent08 said:

>

> > @Texas1 said:

> > So glad chamblee called Rory out

> > My boy loves him, me I think he should have won at leat 10 majors by now. However that 5 inches between the ears isn’t tigers 5 inches ?

> Yep. Chamblee often says on TV what many are thinking but unwilling to openly admit. I love watching Rory, but he has his flaws. I'm glad Chamblee also mentioned that many of Rory's 2019 stats, like strokes gained, are the best of his career. Many people don't seem to realize that.

Some guys have flawed swings, but great golf minds. Rory has a wonderful swing, but a flawed 5 inches.

Just like physical ailments and psychologic ailments, we treat some with respect and others with derision. So I guess we're flawed as well.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Hmmm, no Tiger, no Rory, no Phil. Looks like low ratings for the weekend. Too bad considering the course and the coverage. I’m 100% pulling for Brooks. I would never of said that a year ago but The Masters this year changed my mind about him. The emergence of Matt Wolff and Victor Hovland and other up and coming players can’t come fast enough. Phil and Tiger are old. Rory and Bryson are head cases and Jordan , Justin and Rickie are all basking in their endorsement dollar lifestyles. That leaves Brooks and the young guns. Go get em Brooks.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/2019-british-open-weekend-weather-forecast-sunday-finish-could-be-brutal

_The weekend weather forecast for the 148th Open calls for partly-cloudy-to-sunny skies during the third round, but only a 10-percent chance of rain. Winds are expected to blow between 10-15 mph, with gusts up to 20 mph, and a high of 66 degrees Fahrenheit._

_Sunday, however, could be a little less inviting to the players._

_“Outbreaks of rain” are likely for the afternoon and evening of the final round, according to The Open’s official forecast. Winds could strengthen to a sustained 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph late in the day._

The Woods are the story

Let's go WestFleet !!!!!

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Cally AI Smoke 3w 17* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

> @Lagavulin62 said:

> > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > > Reading online that Bob MacIntyre and Kyle Stanley exchanged some words after Stanley didn't shout fore earlier and the ball ended up striking the mum of MacIntyre's caddie. Good on Bob for taking him to task.

> > >

> > > Do you really think somebody in the crowd could hear a golfer yelling "fore" ...... not likely.

> >

> > Better to try and fail than not to try at all...

>

> Haven’t we already covered this? Nobody yells fore anymore. Plenty are signaling though, which is the only sensible thing.

>

> And please tell me what the odds were of one golfer hitting the mother of the caddy of one of his playing partners. Cmon, one of you gambling degenerates must have some numbers.

Nobody yells "fore" anymore? Why couldn't someone in the gallery hear them?

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @cardoustie said:

> The Woods are the story

> Let's go WestFleet !!!!!

Nice one. I don't know what to think of Westy's matter of fact seeming not to care whatever happens happens I'm just having fun interview. haha. But I'm hopeful he has recognized it's all in the mind for the most part. I'm just worried if they get the same mild weather and it becomes a shootout he may get left behind. That's just the way the game is played today. Unfortunately it does not suit older guys trying to keep up. We will have to have some stars aligned. Who knows?

> @tatertot said:

> > @Lagavulin62 said:

> > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > @MattyO1984 said:

> > > > > Reading online that Bob MacIntyre and Kyle Stanley exchanged some words after Stanley didn't shout fore earlier and the ball ended up striking the mum of MacIntyre's caddie. Good on Bob for taking him to task.

> > > >

> > > > Do you really think somebody in the crowd could hear a golfer yelling "fore" ...... not likely.

> > >

> > > Better to try and fail than not to try at all...

> >

> > Haven’t we already covered this? Nobody yells fore anymore. Plenty are signaling though, which is the only sensible thing.

> >

> > And please tell me what the odds were of one golfer hitting the mother of the caddy of one of his playing partners. Cmon, one of you gambling degenerates must have some numbers.

>

> Nobody yells "fore" anymore? Why couldn't someone in the gallery hear them?

Well loud noises for starters. They sold out of walkups. Did you read that?