2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Now we know why Brooks was slimming down...

third-times-a-charm

> @Maximilian said:

> > @jmkenn0 said:

> > > @Maximilian said:

> > > Kind of a weird photo isn't it? Not sure too many golf fans will get much pleasure out of seeing a naked Brooks Koepka, and there must be tons naked photos of of better looking men on the Internet if that's what you're looking for. Who is the target group here?

> >

> > ESPN the magazine - body issue.

> Well yes I saw that, but do these pictures really help sell copies? I guess they do, because it looks like this thread will soon have more views than the tour championship thread. Lol.

Not enough apparently. Iirc ESPN the Magazine is shutting down soon.

> @"j.b.newton" said:

> > @"Titleist 670" said:

> > > @"j.b.newton" said:

> > > > @"DON SVO" said:

> > > > He works his butt off with that Joey D guy right? I find his lack of abdominal definition... disturbing.

> > >

> > > Glad Im not the only one that was expecting a more impressive physique.... The guy is obviously in shape, but visually not to the level that he is hyped to be.

> >

> > Why would anyone have expected him to be ripped? He's clearly not - you can tell that just by watching him play golf. He's 6' and walks around at 200+ pounds. He's obviously a strong guy, but beyond that it's not like he's prepping for a bodybuidling contest.

> >

> > This seems so obvious.

>

> > @"Titleist 670" said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > Why? Because he is on the "Body" issue of the biggest sports site on the planet ; )

> > >

> > > It's very strange. Everybody is different but the guy can bench 225 15 times, he posted a video of it. But he looks like a guy who actually quit lifting a year ago.

> >

> > What in those pictures makes him look like he can't bench press or doesn't lift?

> >

> > There are skinny guys who can bench a ton of weight, guys with chicken legs who can squat a ton of weight, etc.

> >

> > Did people really expect Brooks was going to look like Arnold? People gushed over Tiger's lifting and fitness obsession and he didn't look like more than an average gym bro, either. Most of the guys on Tour are very, very thin, and a guy like Brooks looks big in comparison, but he's not some hulking 5% BF 225 monster.

> >

> > The pictures for the ESPN issue are always staged and goofy; I'm not saying they're anything but that. But the people in here who "expected more" - I don't understand. You can look at the guy playing golf and it's completely obvious he's not going to be ripped to shreds.

> >

> >

>

> There is a difference between realistic expectations and HYPED expectations. The media tells us the guy is a "linebacker", etc. We can basically see what he looks like on tv, but I've never seen the guy in person. We also didnt see him for a few months while he was "cutting down or dropping weight". Typically when someone, athlete or model, does this you expect to see more aesthetic presentations of their body. **The guys looks fit, and is specifically in shape for his sport, but is not the "specimen" that the media has presented him or what has been typically featured in previous issues.**

Agree. It's the media's distortion of what is a "specimen." Most of the media are hacks and or little bean polls that have to watch out for a good wind as it will blow them away. Everybody that's larger is linebacker size and lifting to them equates to a drink. lol Have a good day.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

Wow... this is the golf Superman. The linebacker, as they say. I can accidentally do a push-up and have a better physique than that and this guy devotes a ton of time to lifting and nutrition.

Koepka... not a linebacker. (Not even the size of a place kicker really)

DeChambeau... not a scientist.

Please stop this, golf media.

He's in a lot better shape than what it looks like. If he cut down to 190lbs he would look super jacked, most people look way bigger shirtless when they lose fat assuming they have a reasonable level of muscle because you get better proportions and more of a v taper. But he's not a bodybuilder and likely lifts more for strength than pure size. Being at a low level of body fat is not necessarily ideal for max performance either, if you try to hang around at 10% body fat or less you won't feel great nor will you perform well. Fitness is my other passion besides golf and having spent the better part of the last few years under 10% BF I can confidently say it doesn't help in golf

I can't unsee that. I regret opening this thread! :(

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @BeerPerHole said:

> Chicks dig Brooks. Whatever. He's got a nice physique. More power to him. **Perhaps this will help with his endorsements and marketing...**

Surely that was the consideration. I guess cynics might say ego but I can't think of any other reason for doing it.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

**Brooks Koepka defends going naked: Haters ‘don’t have the balls to do it**

Brooks Koepka is out there and he’s loving every minute of it.

The two-time US Open champion hit back at online haters on Thursday after he posted a nude photo of himself from ESPN’s Body Issue.

“It’s one of those things where all these people that talk crap and whatever on social media, they don’t have the balls to do it, and they wouldn’t look that good,” Koepka said after an opening-round 3-under at the Tour Championship.

The photo shoot, and Koepka admittedly dropping weight to look svelte for it, has been a source of controversy. In April, Golf Channel’s Brandel Chamblee called it “the most reckless self-sabotage that I have ever seen of an athlete in his prime.”

Koepka responded by winning the PGA Championship and finishing second at the Masters and US Open.

According to USA Today, Koepka weighed 187 pounds at the time of the shoot.

“It was something I enjoyed,” Koepka said. “I was looking forward to it for months. It’s something I definitely don’t regret doing. It’s been enjoyable to see the pictures over the last couple of months and see, I guess, all the hard work I put into it and see the results.”

https://nypost.com/2019/08/23/brooks-koepka-defends-going-naked-haters-dont-have-the-balls-to-do-it/

> @bscinstnct said:

> **Brooks Koepka defends going naked: Haters ‘don’t have the balls to do it**

>

> Brooks Koepka is out there and he’s loving every minute of it.

>

> The two-time US Open champion hit back at online haters on Thursday after he posted a nude photo of himself from ESPN’s Body Issue.

>

> “It’s one of those things where all these people that talk crap and whatever on social media, they don’t have the balls to do it, and they wouldn’t look that good,” Koepka said after an opening-round 3-under at the Tour Championship.

>

> The photo shoot, and Koepka admittedly dropping weight to look svelte for it, has been a source of controversy. In April, Golf Channel’s Brandel Chamblee called it “the most reckless self-sabotage that I have ever seen of an athlete in his prime.”

>

> Koepka responded by winning the PGA Championship and finishing second at the Masters and US Open.

>

> According to USA Today, Koepka weighed 187 pounds at the time of the shoot.

>

> “It was something I enjoyed,” Koepka said. “I was looking forward to it for months. It’s something I definitely don’t regret doing. It’s been enjoyable to see the pictures over the last couple of months and see, I guess, all the hard work I put into it and see the results.”

>

> https://nypost.com/2019/08/23/brooks-koepka-defends-going-naked-haters-dont-have-the-balls-to-do-it/

I'd be in Brooks' camp on this, too. Everybody's a critic. Chamblee has demonstrated himself has over-critical in my mind. I remember hearing Chamblee talk about this when he did and, at the time, I was just passing by the tv and didn't realize it was about Brooks until I just read this thread today. He just sounded like a guy who's knickers were really in a bind over something somebody had done "jeopardizing his career...blah, blah!". Haters flourish on the internet. This is just a guy, a pro athlete, letting himself be featured in a shoot with an artistic photo sans-clothing. So what? We're so puritan now (?). Man...we, as a society, seem so dang soft and frail at times. There...I've wasted my limit of typing and time on something that doesn't matter. Haha....

So yet again, Brandel Chamblee is proved a moron.

> @bscinstnct said:

> **Brooks Koepka defends going naked: Haters ‘don’t have the balls to do it**

>

> Brooks Koepka is out there and he’s loving every minute of it.

>

> The two-time US Open champion hit back at online haters on Thursday after he posted a nude photo of himself from ESPN’s Body Issue.

>

> “It’s one of those things where all these people that talk crap and whatever on social media, they don’t have the balls to do it, and they wouldn’t look that good,” Koepka said after an opening-round 3-under at the Tour Championship.

>

> The photo shoot, and Koepka admittedly dropping weight to look svelte for it, has been a source of controversy. In April, Golf Channel’s Brandel Chamblee called it “the most reckless self-sabotage that I have ever seen of an athlete in his prime.”

>

> Koepka responded by winning the PGA Championship and finishing second at the Masters and US Open.

>

> According to USA Today, Koepka weighed 187 pounds at the time of the shoot.

>

> “It was something I enjoyed,” Koepka said. “I was looking forward to it for months. It’s something I definitely don’t regret doing. It’s been enjoyable to see the pictures over the last couple of months and see, I guess, all the hard work I put into it and see the results.”

>

> https://nypost.com/2019/08/23/brooks-koepka-defends-going-naked-haters-dont-have-the-balls-to-do-it/

I like koepka but his body issue was nothing special. Just another 20-something guy without a shirt on. Norman was much more impressive, at his age, more ripped looking with less body fat

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

> @BeerPerHole said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > **Brooks Koepka defends going naked: Haters ‘don’t have the balls to do it**

> >

> > Brooks Koepka is out there and he’s loving every minute of it.

> >

> > The two-time US Open champion hit back at online haters on Thursday after he posted a nude photo of himself from ESPN’s Body Issue.

> >

> > “It’s one of those things where all these people that talk crap and whatever on social media, they don’t have the balls to do it, and they wouldn’t look that good,” Koepka said after an opening-round 3-under at the Tour Championship.

> >

> > The photo shoot, and Koepka admittedly dropping weight to look svelte for it, has been a source of controversy. In April, Golf Channel’s Brandel Chamblee called it “the most reckless self-sabotage that I have ever seen of an athlete in his prime.”

> >

> > Koepka responded by winning the PGA Championship and finishing second at the Masters and US Open.

> >

> > According to USA Today, Koepka weighed 187 pounds at the time of the shoot.

> >

> > “It was something I enjoyed,” Koepka said. “I was looking forward to it for months. It’s something I definitely don’t regret doing. It’s been enjoyable to see the pictures over the last couple of months and see, I guess, all the hard work I put into it and see the results.”

> >

> > https://nypost.com/2019/08/23/brooks-koepka-defends-going-naked-haters-dont-have-the-balls-to-do-it/

> I'd be in Brooks' camp on this, too. Everybody's a critic. Chamblee has demonstrated himself has over-critical in my mind. I remember hearing Chamblee talk about this when he did and, at the time, I was just passing by the tv and didn't realize it was about Brooks until I just read this thread today. He just sounded like a guy who's knickers were really in a bind over something somebody had done "jeopardizing his career...blah, blah!". Haters flourish on the internet. This is just a guy, a pro athlete, letting himself be featured in a shoot with an artistic photo sans-clothing. So what? We're so puritan now (?). Man...we, as a society, seem so dang soft and frail at times. There...I've wasted my limit of typing and time on something that doesn't matter. Haha....

>

BK speaks to the media

• Like 1

> @grm24 said:

> > @Steele47 said:

> > "Yeah I figure if this golf thing doesn't pan out I can always become a nude model."

> >

> > Really odd duck this guy.

>

> So BK actually "said" that? Any actual proof? I'm guessing not. So then who is the odd duck?

Wow. You must really like this guy. You gonna have that photo enlarged and framed?

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @BeerPerHole said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > **Brooks Koepka defends going naked: Haters ‘don’t have the balls to do it**

> > >

> > > Brooks Koepka is out there and he’s loving every minute of it.

> > >

> > > The two-time US Open champion hit back at online haters on Thursday after he posted a nude photo of himself from ESPN’s Body Issue.

> > >

> > > “It’s one of those things where all these people that talk crap and whatever on social media, they don’t have the balls to do it, and they wouldn’t look that good,” Koepka said after an opening-round 3-under at the Tour Championship.

> > >

> > > The photo shoot, and Koepka admittedly dropping weight to look svelte for it, has been a source of controversy. In April, Golf Channel’s Brandel Chamblee called it “the most reckless self-sabotage that I have ever seen of an athlete in his prime.”

> > >

> > > Koepka responded by winning the PGA Championship and finishing second at the Masters and US Open.

> > >

> > > According to USA Today, Koepka weighed 187 pounds at the time of the shoot.

> > >

> > > “It was something I enjoyed,” Koepka said. “I was looking forward to it for months. It’s something I definitely don’t regret doing. It’s been enjoyable to see the pictures over the last couple of months and see, I guess, all the hard work I put into it and see the results.”

> > >

> > > https://nypost.com/2019/08/23/brooks-koepka-defends-going-naked-haters-dont-have-the-balls-to-do-it/

> > I'd be in Brooks' camp on this, too. Everybody's a critic. Chamblee has demonstrated himself has over-critical in my mind. I remember hearing Chamblee talk about this when he did and, at the time, I was just passing by the tv and didn't realize it was about Brooks until I just read this thread today. He just sounded like a guy who's knickers were really in a bind over something somebody had done "jeopardizing his career...blah, blah!". Haters flourish on the internet. This is just a guy, a pro athlete, letting himself be featured in a shoot with an artistic photo sans-clothing. So what? We're so puritan now (?). Man...we, as a society, seem so dang soft and frail at times. There...I've wasted my limit of typing and time on something that doesn't matter. Haha....

> >

>

>

> BK speaks to the media

>

>

LOL

> @Fade said:

> ![](https://media.sciencephoto.com/image/v8000065/800wm/V8000065-Muybridge_photo_sequence_of_a_running_man.jpg "")

>

> Why don't they get this stuff right these days, like Muybridge did. I can't stand the contrived nonsense they do in the body issue.

>

>

2 thumbs up for a Muybridge reference!!!!!