Usps delays?

MaxRylie222

No updates since 12/15. That stated, buyer received package today. 12/23. 

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, muniman said:

I shipped some items I sold on the BST to a fellow member that has bought alot of my stuff. Sent it out on 11/21/2020. Lafayette, IN to Cleveland OH. Here we are in January 2021, and he still has not received the items. Dreading trying to file a claim.

There is a link where you can submit to find out the status.  Now, I doubt that every office will be the same...but, I did and an amazing lady in a small town near Houston called me 2x with updates of the club I sent.  I kept the buyer updated with those updates.

3 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

There is a link where you can submit to find out the status.  Now, I doubt that every office will be the same...but, I did and an amazing lady in a small town near Houston called me 2x with updates of the club I sent.  I kept the buyer updated with those updates.

You got much better results than I did with this. I opened a case and it was closed with no communication in just a few hours. This was on a package shipped on 11/23, I requested update mid-December. The package was finally delivered this past Saturday (Jan 2)...5.5 weeks is fantastic turnaround for a priority package.

Welcome to our USPS system. They tell you on the site that not even the Priority packages are guaranteed. The only thing guaranteed is the overnite priority mail express. Between the seller and you, so much can come into play and it is frustrating. Hope you are in in for the long haul. I had the same dispute regarding some grips I purchased. Contacted the seller and they were apologetic and said they would cancel the order. Sounds to me like there are different experiences on every part of this spectrum. Good Luck

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

Usps may be getting better. Just had two items shipped to me in two days. One was across country. Also I shipped an item from South Carolina to New York and it only took three days. Maybe their backlogs are slightly lightening up after the holiday rush. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

22 minutes ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

Usps may be getting better. Just had two items shipped to me in two days. One was across country. Also I shipped an item from South Carolina to New York and it only took three days. Maybe their backlogs are slightly lightening up after the holiday rush. 

USPS service varies by location.  I’ve had numerous packages delivered in past 2 months.  I’ve learned not to buy from California, Kentucky & West Virginia to name a few.  An eBay golf company located in California shut down sales for now because of shipping issues there!

Handicap:  3

1 minute ago, Buzzkill said:

USPS service varies by location.  I’ve had numerous packages delivered in past 2 months.  I’ve learned not to buy from California, Kentucky & West Virginia to name a few.  An eBay golf company located in California shut down sales for now because of shipping issues there!

That is a good point. I will take that into consideration when selling/buying from those states. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

40 minutes ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

That is a good point. I will take that into consideration when selling/buying from those states. 

Delays noted in Colorado & Indiana too!  Since I buy a fair amount online, I now communicate with seller about known shipping issues in their area before purchase.  I’ve got 2 active eBay claims for shipping issues.

Edited by Buzzkill

7 hours ago, Buzzkill said:

Delays noted in Colorado & Indiana too!  Since I buy a fair amount online, I now communicate with seller about known shipping issues in their area before purchase.  I’ve got 2 active eBay claims for shipping issues.

Why is my state Colorado on the crap list?  First of all, they didn’t need this Covid stuff to screw up their operations, they’ve proven themselves incompetent way before that.  Anyway, I ordered a computer part yesterday from Texas and it shipped same day.  This afternoon, it shows up in my hometown, Colorado Springs, cool!  Checked 3 hours later and it got shipped 70 miles north to Denver - these knuckleheads do this freaking crap a lot, worst state ever for postal service!

Edited by Buzzkill

USPS has been hit or miss for me. I had something from SunFish come via USPS in two days (I am on the West Coast); I have something coming from LowTide Putters and its been Pre-Shipment since the 3rd. It's all good though, I understand the backlog and everything else going on right now, no biggie.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

Ohio and Wisconsin are a disaster right now too.

For the record, I had 6 packages sent to me in December via FedEx and 5 of 6 were on time and the one that was late was only late by 1 or 2 days.

I had the same amount of packages sent to me via USPS Priority and every one was a week late or more. Most were 2-3 weeks late. Once was 5 weeks late. Thankfully all of them did eventually arrive.

Edited by Mustard_Tiger

Count me & @mlfogel in this Usps delay. Paid Priority & shipped my shaft from Los Angles & heading to PA on Dec 31st. Last update was Jan 4th “ in transit” & nothing since. 

Never seen delay this bad until now. Next time ups may be an option

Edited by SwingBlues

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

On 1/5/2021 at 5:29 PM, RTP419 said:

Shipped an item from CT to OH via Priority Mail on 12/8, no update since 12/12. I filed a claim on 12/31 and was just approved/paid out today. So not the end of the world but a hassle none the less.

I would hold on to that check. My scenario. Mailed 30 Nov. No tracking after 4 Dec. Claim filed 22 Dec. Claim approved 24 Dec. On 26 Dec, club started showing tracking again. Buyer received club 2 days ago. If you cash, and it still makes it to where it’s going, USPS is probably gonna call wanting that money back. As messed up as it is right now, it may go unnoticed forever, or you could get a letter a year from now. At this point...anything goes. 

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

3 hours ago, Golfrnut said:

I would hold on to that check. My scenario. Mailed 30 Nov. No tracking after 4 Dec. Claim filed 22 Dec. Claim approved 24 Dec. On 26 Dec, club started showing tracking again. Buyer received club 2 days ago. If you cash, and it still makes it to where it’s going, USPS is probably gonna call wanting that money back. As messed up as it is right now, it may go unnoticed forever, or you could get a letter a year from now. At this point...anything goes. 

I was wondering what to do about that.  Prior to the package being delivered I sent a refund to the buyer, but that is still processing (sent from checking so assuming funds need to clear?). A few days after that is when I was notified by USPS that my claim was accepted and a day after is when the buyer said he received the original package.  The buyer in my case has been great and very accommodating, when my refund clears he said he would send the funds back. I will in essence be doubling down if I cash the USPS check. I am assuming if I just don't cash the USPS check that would take of it though.

I'll update my earlier post....Mailed package (driver shaft) November 25 (2 day priority) on Dec 10 it departed its 2nd regional facility.  On Dec 15, I filed a Service request with no response...then Dec 28 filed a lost package claim, again no reply other then they received my claim.  Jan. 5, 2021 package is delivered....DAMAGED...so spent all day on the 5th trying to get my claim switched to a damage claim.  Finally got to speak the correct person & have it going in the right direction, I THINK.  Luckily for me, myself & the buyer have been in contact the entire time & he's been super cool to work with.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

54 minutes ago, RTP419 said:

I was wondering what to do about that.  Prior to the package being delivered I sent a refund to the buyer, but that is still processing (sent from checking so assuming funds need to clear?). A few days after that is when I was notified by USPS that my claim was accepted and a day after is when the buyer said he received the original package.  The buyer in my case has been great and very accommodating, when my refund clears he said he would send the funds back. I will in essence be doubling down if I cash the USPS check. I am assuming if I just don't cash the USPS check that would take of it though.

So, my scenario is not that dissimilar, but it is a little bit.  My sale (this was through ebay) was under claim (he started it because I didn't see a way to send a refund on my end without him starting one).  The claim apparently still looks at the tracking number because when it actually showed up, it automatically updated saying it would close unless the buyer disputed the condition, if it wasn't what he bought, etc.  Once 24 hours went by, it automatically closed on it's own and the funds released back to me through Paypal.  From what I read on the USPS website, and from what I got talking to the rep I talked to over the phone, easiest course of action is to just void the check and shred, throw it in the trash, etc.  Since my buyer and I were square for the sale (he was an outstanding guy through the whole ordeal too BTW), I got the money from the sale and he got his club.  The other course of action the USPS rep gave provided the refund had already gone through, was to have the buyer reject the package and it would come back to me at no charge.  If he opened the package, etc...then there would need to be additional return shipping charges involved.  From what I got on the USPS end, if I never cash the check, then there would be no debt owed back by anyone to USPS for the insurance amount as no money actually changed hands there.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Bought a putter Dec 22nd.  Shipped via USPS Priority on Dec 23rd from a Boston suburb.  Taken a tour of the country:

Pittsburgh

Columbia, SC

St Paul

Des Moines

St Paul

Des Moines

St Paul

and as of yesterday back in Pittsburgh

I live in central Wisconsin.  

Beyond comical.  

WITB:

TaylorMade M6 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Red 6 stiff
TaylorMade SIM Rocket
TaylorMade SIM 5 wood
TaylorMade 2019 P790 4-P  KBS Tour 120 stiff SS1X
TaylorMade MG2 48* KBS Tour 120 stiff-MG2 54* and 58* KBS Hi-REV 2.0
PXG Gen2 Operator 38 inches
PING Heppler ZB3

7 minutes ago, 6holesn1 said:

Bought a putter Dec 22nd.  Shipped via USPS Priority on Dec 23rd from a Boston suburb.  Taken a tour of the country:

Pittsburgh

Columbia, SC

St Paul

Des Moines

St Paul

Des Moines

St Paul

and as of yesterday back in Pittsburgh

I live in central Wisconsin.  

Beyond comical.  

Crazy BUT can relate big time!

The following items were all shipped USPS Priority from San Jose, CA:

Shipped - Delivered, State (item)

Mon 12/28 - Mon 1/11, Colorado (fairway head)

Tue 1/5 - Fri 1/8, Florida (shaft)

Wed 1/6 - Fri 1/8, California (fairway head)

Wed 1/6 - Mon 1/11, New York (club)

Thu 1/7 - Mon 1/11, Washington (club)

Thu 1/7 - Tue 1/12, Florida (club)

Thu 1/7 - Tue 1/12, California (club + 3 iron shafts) & was not scanned until it was out for delivery

Sat 1/9 - Tue 1/12, New Jersey (driver head)

UPS (buyer insisted):
Mon 1/4 - Tue 1/12, Alabama (wedge head)*

*UPS ground $5 more than USPS priority small flat rate box

5 hours ago, Fyparr said:

The following items were all shipped USPS Priority from San Jose, CA:

Shipped - Delivered, State (item)

Mon 12/28 - Mon 1/11, Colorado (fairway head)

Tue 1/5 - Fri 1/8, Florida (shaft)

Wed 1/6 - Fri 1/8, California (fairway head)

Wed 1/6 - Mon 1/11, New York (club)

Thu 1/7 - Mon 1/11, Washington (club)

Thu 1/7 - Tue 1/12, Florida (club)

Thu 1/7 - Tue 1/12, California (club + 3 iron shafts) & was not scanned until it was out for delivery

Sat 1/9 - Tue 1/12, New Jersey (driver head)

UPS (buyer insisted):
Mon 1/4 - Tue 1/12, Alabama (wedge head)*

*UPS ground $5 more than USPS priority small flat rate box

Those delivery times are much better than during late Nov to late Dec, for sure!  Seems that one should just avoid USPS during the holidays, if you want reasonable delivery times, but normally it is pretty good with occasional, random delays...