Usps delays?

MaxRylie222

12 hours ago, grm24 said:

Some USPS Priority packages are arriving quicker which is good. However I've noticed that USPS 1st class mail is now taking longer to deliver. Asked a few neighbors about it and they've noticed the same. 

I've posted before and I'll re-share my thoughts.  Some states are solid with Covid not affecting their operations.  I have an item shipped from Texas on Wednesday and it's out for delivery today.  Known states with issues that I've experienced these past few months which I try to avoid: California, Colorado, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia.

Edited by Buzzkill
  • Like 1

Handicap:  3

Just now, Buzzkill said:

I've posted before and I'll re-share my thoughts.  Some states are solid with Covid not affecting their operations.  I have an item shipped from Texas on Wednesday and it's out for delivery today.

Known states with issues that I've experienced these past few months which I try to avoid: California, Colorado, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia.

Agree, I have not seen any major delays out of Arizona. 

On 12/22/2020 at 7:32 PM, uhs82 said:

I think I've shipped my last package with USPS.  Just sold two sets of clubs on eBay and here's how it went:

First set sold on Dec 10th, shipped Priority from TN to PA on Dec 11th, last scanned in Norfolk VA on Dec 14th.  TN-PA is a normal 2 day delivery and we're on day 12.  Thankfully the buyer is being understanding.

Second set sold on Dec 13th, shipped Priority from TN to MN on Dec 14th, clubs sat at local post office until Dec 19th before moving, delivered today thankfully.  A normal 3 day delivery took 9 days.

I know there's bigger things going on now than my golf club habit, but every other carrier seems to be past the initial bumps in the road.

Update - the irons that were shipped on Dec 11th were delivered yesterday Jan 14th.  It took over a month but at least they weren't lost, never to be found.  Maybe, just maybe, things will start getting a little better with USPS.

PING G430 Max, 10.5°
PING G425 3W & 7W

PING G425 Hybrid, 22°
PING i E1, 5-U
PING Glide2 Stealth, 54°/58°
PING Anser Milled

I managed to have good luck through most of the pandemic - but my last 5 shipments are all stuck somewhere in purgatory. 

Recently had one coming to me turn up eventually, so I am not too worried, but its definitely unnecessarily stressful. 

Seems to me like I should get some sort of refund if the shipping I am paying a premium for is taking 10X the amount of time stated

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Stealth Plus 9 Ventus TR Red 6S

Apex UW 17* AD-DI 7S 

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

ZX5 MKII 4-6 / ZX7 MKII 7-P Modus Limited 115

SM9 Raw 50-54-58

Spider Hydroblast short slant 

USPS customer service called me today from my local store.  I had started a trace on two packages.  I'm in Maryland.  One from CA was shipped two days before Christmas.  One from CT was shipped on 1/7/21.  In a nutshell the guy told me staffing levels are so low in the Northeast and on the west coast that packages are just sitting in the warehouse shipping centers and they get to them when they get to them.  He said I shouldn't worry....they aren't lost....but they likely won't show up on the USPS tracking radar for some time.  As a point of reference he said the local office in Bethesda, MD was receiving packages today from CA and CT that were dated early December.  

TSi2 9° HZ Gen4 Black | TSi2 15° HZ Gen4 Black | Ts2 19° & 25* HZ Smoke Black 

T-200 6-48° | SM9 56° 60° S300

Odyssey 7 Bird 

Well I shipped a set of Irons from Maryland to St Louis on November 30th.  Long story short they still have not been delivered so today I refunded the member here at Golf WRX.  My local post office where I shipped them keeps telling me to be patient that they feel they are not lost and are just stuck .  I'll start a claim Monday and will NEVER use USPS again.  I did get a Christmas card Thursday that was post marked December 10th and my daughter called to tell me she just received mine that was sent December 5th.    USPS is garbage and the Millions they lose annually would be out of business if they were a private company.  

Edited by Tzoid
  • Like 2

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...

Update.... 

This morning the member texts me a screen shot from USPS  tracking showing the TM Irons finally made it to the distribution center in his town.  The Irons

are expected to be delivered this week and he will be making payment once he receives them.  Over 60 days for a USPS 2 day Priority mail shipment.  🙄

rtan100 is the member and he and I are painfully working our way through this transaction.   

Titleist Pro V1x

12 minutes ago, Tzoid said:

Update.... 

This morning the member texts me a screen shot from USPS  tracking showing the TM Irons finally made it to the distribution center in his town.  The Irons

are expected to be delivered this week and he will be making payment once he receives them.  Over 60 days for a USPS 2 day Priority mail shipment.  🙄

rtan100 is the member and he and I are painfully working our way through this transaction.   

I'm glad it looks like it will work out for you.  I just had a shaft take 3 weeks from WI to VA with no scans after receipt, just the delivery scan.  USPS should stop taking packages if they cannot deliver in a reasonable timeframe.  

• Like 3

Perhaps I have been lucky as of late, but I haven't had any issues lately With smaller packages. Maybe it’s size...maybe just luck. I was one of the many that got caught up in the fray with a large full club size box a few months ago. 

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

28 minutes ago, JAM01 said:

I have a few packages marked delivered that never showed. Doubt I’ll be able to even make a claim if it shows delivered. My family members now know not to order online if there’s even a hint that USPS is the shipper. My eBay shipping is now fully UPS. 

I 100% agree....  I sold a driver a few weeks after the irons and shipped Fed-Ex....  cost more but I know they would get delivered in a timely manner.  I can't stress 

enough how important it is to know who you sell to.  The buyer / WRX member rtan100 has been fantastic and when he gets his irons he is sending payment again 

and we can move on.  

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1x

Just a heads up but I've started using insurance on every package and my times have been good with USPS.  I tested a theory that they would take these packages more seriously as money is on the line for them and so far I've been right.  I have also been using FedEx which is solid.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

2 hours ago, J13 said:

Just a heads up but I've started using insurance on every package and my times have been good with USPS.  I tested a theory that they would take these packages more seriously as money is on the line for them and so far I've been right.  I have also been using FedEx which is solid.  

You're giving USPS way too much credit, they don't have the infrastructure/logistics to approach things this way.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

2 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

You're giving USPS way too much credit, they don't have the infrastructure/logistics to approach things this way.

I've had success with this and batting 1000 so it seems to be working.  Don't put that hate on me Ricky Bobby 😉

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

On 2/7/2021 at 11:56 AM, Tzoid said:

Update.... 

UPDATE.....  The  Irons I sold and shipped November 30th were delivered tonight and the member rtan100 received them and promptly 

sent PayPal Payment for the agreed upon selling price.  

This is a Happy Ending to an over two month ordeal with US Postal Service.  

rtran100 is a new member but 100% great member and trusted buyer.  

Edited by Tzoid

Titleist Pro V1x

On 2/8/2021 at 7:08 AM, J13 said:

i'm not sure why people don't insure EVERY package they ship...i always insure everything.  sure, it costs more but i know i'm covered.

14 hours ago, El Kabong2 said:

i'm not sure why people don't insure EVERY package they ship...i always insure everything.  sure, it costs more but i know i'm covered.

I agree but I suggest not using USPS and dealing with the crazy delays, zero level of service guarantee, and if you do have a claim it will take 90 days or more.  Pay the extra and use Fed-Ex or  UPS.   Factor it into the selling price and explain to the buyer.  

Edited by Tzoid

Titleist Pro V1x

1 hour ago, Tzoid said:

I agree but I suggest not using USPS and dealing with the crazy delays, zero level of service guarantee, and if you do have a claim it will take 90 days or more.  Pay the extra and use Fed-Ex or  UPS.   Factor it into the selling price and explain to the buyer.  

i only use ups if i am in a hurry (there never seems to be a line)...i am the opposite of most, i have had really bad issues with fedex.  ups is okay but i'd rather not pay extra for the same service i am getting from usps WITH full insurance...i have had ZERO usps issues (knocks on wood)

Edited by El Kabong2

Just now, El Kabong2 said:

i only use ups if i am in a hurry (there never seems to be a line)...i am the opposite of most, i have had really bad issues with fedex.  ups is okay but i'd rather not pay extra for the same service i am getting from usps WITH full insurance...i have had ZERO usps issues (knocks on wood)

You are the exception NOT the rule with USPS....  Have you used them in the last 120 days ?   I'm still getting Christmas cards delivered 🙄

• Haha 1

Titleist Pro V1x

27 minutes ago, Tzoid said:

You are the exception NOT the rule with USPS....  Have you used them in the last 120 days ?   I'm still getting Christmas cards delivered 🙄

I have to agree - lately they SUCK. I use to think USPS was efficient until my bst sale on 12/30 went south and didn't get to Philly until 3 weeks later. The buyer was outstanding in his patience but I paid priority when I could have used first class and probably. probably. got there earlier. Not sure what the hell is going on with usps and it was around after the election that this whole mess rose up. i never had any issues with usps until now...

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

1 hour ago, Tzoid said:

yup...been sending clubs to the midwest and east coast...everything getting there within 2-3 days...the one exception i had was a priority package that took 5 days to FL.

4 hours ago, El Kabong2 said:

yup...been sending clubs to the midwest and east coast...everything getting there within 2-3 days...the one exception i had was a priority package that took 5 days to FL.

It must have been on another Forum because you have Zero Feedback as a Seller here and 1 as a buyer back in November.  Glad you're having such great success.  

Titleist Pro V1x

I bought 2 shafts from a member here. Shipped Jan 29th. Tracking goes quiet on February 2nd. Filed a ticket last week. I got a canned response back that it is in route but they can't tell me where it is or when it will be delivered. February 4th was the delivery date. 

It amazes me that they cited covid as the reason for delays when UPS,FedEx, and Amazon can still deliver within a day or 2 the advertised day. I guess covid doesn't affect them. 

The fact that they will still accept packages and your money for 2-3 day Priority knowing full well that isn't going to happen is laughable. I don't know why any still ships with them. 

12 minutes ago, Volnut said:

I bought 2 shafts from a member here. Shipped Jan 29th. Tracking goes quiet on February 2nd. Filed a ticket last week. I got a canned response back that it is in route but they can't tell me where it is or when it will be delivered. February 4th was the delivery date. 

It amazes me that they cited covid as the reason for delays when UPS,FedEx, and Amazon can still deliver within a day or 2 the advertised day. I guess covid doesn't affect them. 

The fact that they will still accept packages and your money for 2-3 day Priority knowing full well that isn't going to happen is laughable. I don't know why any still ships with them. 

Agreed, absolutely no reason to ship Priority at the moment.  It even seems like prices have gone up so UPS/FedEx is about same cost.

Odd thing is that First Class seems to have been unaffected.  I've shipped/received several First Class items across country in 2 to 3 days.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I shipped a putter and a wedge to 2 different locations in Colorado from Massachusetts a week ago Saturday the 13th. Last scan on both was the 16th. Still not there yet. Shipped a package same day to Fort Worth 2-3 day—just got there today. 
insurance has no effect. I insured all three packages

PING G430 LST 10.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

Titleist TSR2 15 Tensei 1K Black 75S

Titleist TSi2 18 Ventus Velocore Red 7S

PING G430 #5 Hybrid HZRDUS RDX Red 6.0 

Artisan FC 5-7 Axiom 105S

Artisan HC 8-PW Axiom 105S

Artisan 50S and 54S Dynamic Gold S300

Vokey SM8 raw 58-12D Dynamic Gold S200

PING Custom PLD Anser X stainless/Oyster

I shipped a putter from Virginia to NYC late yesterday - UPS Ground - and its already going to be there today. Less than 24 hours. 

I estimate it cost me $4-5 more than USPS used to cost but I baked that into the price.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash