New Titleist Woods 2020/2021

Message added by easyyy

13 minutes ago, benjicoz said:

Help needed please..... 

So currently game a TS3 at 7.75 degree and looking at upgrading to the TSI3. Just wondering if anyone who has made the transition has gone up/down in lofts. 
I’m thinking going 9 degree and cranking down. 

I know I should get fitted but unfortunately I am far to far away to get fitted so looking to buy online on a whim. 

I can say this, I always go 10.5 and softer tipped shafts for apex help. I got my TSi3 9 degree and a stouter shaft and I’m getting plenty of height, if that helps?

17 minutes ago, JerryTBall said:

I can say this, I always go 10.5 and softer tipped shafts for apex help. I got my TSi3 9 degree and a stouter shaft and I’m getting plenty of height, if that helps?

Thanks for the help.. 

Gaining height has never really been an issue, but I think I’m right in thinking the tsi3 is lower spinning than the ts3 so going up in loft, whilst keeping the same shaft, could be a win? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, benjicoz said:

Thanks for the help.. 

Gaining height has never really been an issue, but I think I’m right in thinking the tsi3 is lower spinning than the ts3 so going up in loft, whilst keeping the same shaft, could be a win? 

Like I was saying the other day 40 50° wind 10 to 15 miles an hour in her face normal day warm no wind on number nine with my 410 or my M5 probably 115 out I was like 90 to 100 yards out with the Titleist it was just so impressed and that was with a fade which was not hit that high

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 12:21 PM, benjicoz said:

Thanks for the help.. 

The Titleist fitter i was fit witj told me this is exactly the case he’s seen with 9 out of 10 fittings he’s done. 

He has even moved some previous TS3 players into a TSi2 due to the lower spin.  

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

22 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

The Titleist fitter i was fit witj told me this is exactly the case he’s seen with 9 out of 10 fittings he’s done. 

He has even moved some previous TS3 players into a TSi2 due to the lower spin.  

That’s great to hear. Thankyou for that. I’m just going to see how I get on, ideally I would like to get to a fitter but just not practicable. Thanks again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benjicoz said:

That’s great to hear. Thankyou for that. I’m just going to see how I get on, ideally I would like to get to a fitter but just not practicable. Thanks again 

You’re welcome.  Good luck! 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Picked up a ts3 fairway after they went on discount but traded it in for the tsi3 after seeing it in person and trying it. I was spinning the ts3 a bit more than I would like and had actually gone back to my 917. The face on the tsi3 looked deeper and it felt great so I went with it. I got the stock tensei white in X, I’ll likely end of putting my Drago in it but the results with the stock shaft were pretty impressive.   Easy to elevate off the deck but not too spinny, and the looks are growing on me more and more, thought I would miss the full score lines but the new look frames the ball really well. Getting some course time tomorrow, need to see how it performs there.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

1 hour ago, TLUBulldogGolf said:

Picked up a ts3 fairway after they went on discount but traded it in for the tsi3 after seeing it in person and trying it. I was spinning the ts3 a bit more than I would like and had actually gone back to my 917. The face on the tsi3 looked deeper and it felt great so I went with it. I got the stock tensei white in X, I’ll likely end of putting my Drago in it but the results with the stock shaft were pretty impressive.   Easy to elevate off the deck but not too spinny, and the looks are growing on me more and more, thought I would miss the full score lines but the new look frames the ball really well. Getting some course time tomorrow, need to see how it performs there.

Interesting.  The 917 are great FFWs, I demoed the TS2 early on against a 917f2 and got basically the same exact numbers but preferred the sound and feel of the 917.  Have been gaming it for a while and just can't kick it out of the bag.  Interested to hear how the TSi3 performs for you.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

9 hours ago, TLUBulldogGolf said:

good to know I found same thing with ts3 fairway. Looking to land a tsi3 15 degree head

8 hours ago, Nixhex524 said:

Interesting.  The 917 are great FFWs, I demoed the TS2 early on against a 917f2 and got basically the same exact numbers but preferred the sound and feel of the 917.  Have been gaming it for a while and just can't kick it out of the bag.  Interested to hear how the TSi3 performs for you.

Same experience again! 😄

When I tested the fairways, they didn't knock out my 917f3... I think the next iteration with the ATI face, may do the trick.. that said my current gamer will never leave the stable.

• Like 1

Titleist....

I know this has been answered but I am looking for guys that are gaming the new TSI Drivers.... Are the stock Tensei White and Blue Raw shafts the Real Deal or are they the "made for"....> For instance, the SiM line came with Ventus shafts but we all know those were not the "real deal" Velocore shafts. Are these new Titleist offerings, in particular, the White and Blue what you would call the real deal? Thanks! 

TSI3 9 Pro White
TSI2 15  Pro White

TSI2 18  Pro Blue/MIZUNO FLI-HI 3 Iron Pro White
PXG 0311T P-7/0311P 6-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08
VOKEY SM7 RAW 56S 10
VOKEY SM7 RAW 60L 04
CAMERON NEWPORT 2/CAMERON 6M
PRO V1X

1 hour ago, 1jcwallace said:

I know this has been answered but I am looking for guys that are gaming the new TSI Drivers.... Are the stock Tensei White and Blue Raw shafts the Real Deal or are they the "made for"....> For instance, the SiM line came with Ventus shafts but we all know those were not the "real deal" Velocore shafts. Are these new Titleist offerings, in particular, the White and Blue what you would call the real deal? Thanks! 

Yes, it also makes it strange because the Tensei white is a amazing performer but im so used to "made for" that I'm determined to get a non standard shaft for it. but it knocked my Fujikura atmos out of the bag so I playing it.

First impressions on the course with the tsi3 were very positive. It just likes to go straight for me, and was surprisingly forgiving. Got good distance even hitting it a bit low on the face.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

On 11/23/2020 at 10:24 AM, 1jcwallace said:

Not 'Made For' per se. But not the real deal like the TX Raw shafts are. Sure the Blue vs White will follow the same characteristics but in the end apples vs oranges.  Like the CK line or the Ventus line you're comparing a roughly $50 shaft vs a $300 shaft. Unfortunately, if you don't fit into the TX flex then you don't really get the chance to see for yourself, but 90% under the TX flex would fit in to the cheaper line anyway. 

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5 - Fujikura Evo II 665 X

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* - Fujikura Speeder Evo V 757 X

4-PW Titleist CNCPT CP02 True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM9 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade Spider Tour

Does anyone know what the up-charge is for the Tensei AV Raw White 65TX? I know they offer the Tensei AV Raw White X no up-charge, but I can't find anything on the TX versions. On Titleist's website you can order the TS2i and TS3i driver directly from them, but the TX's aren't even shown as options. I would think it would be pretty minimal considering it's only a $100 up-charge from Mitsubishi when compared to the standard X version of the shaft.   

12 minutes ago, ILove2Golf123 said:

Does anyone know what the up-charge is for the Tensei AV Raw White 65TX? I know they offer the Tensei AV Raw White X no up-charge, but I can't find anything on the TX versions. On Titleist's website you can order the TS2i and TS3i driver directly from them, but the TX's aren't even shown as options. I would think it would be pretty minimal considering it's only a $100 up-charge from Mitsubishi when compared to the standard X version of the shaft.   

For Callaway it was $200 in the CK line. I see the CK Pro line for Titleist is $315. I would assume $200 for Raw TX. Cheapest upcharge for the CK TX was PXG at $125 I believe.

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5 - Fujikura Evo II 665 X

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* - Fujikura Speeder Evo V 757 X

4-PW Titleist CNCPT CP02 True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM9 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade Spider Tour

20 minutes ago, jds101086 said:

For Callaway it was $200 in the CK line. I see the CK Pro line for Titleist is $315. I would assume $200 for Raw TX. Cheapest upcharge for the CK TX was PXG at $125 I believe.

AV raw white in TX is supposed to be $100 upcharge i believe

• Like 1

Cobra RADspeed Ventus Black 6X

Taylormade Sim Ti 15* Ventus Red 7x

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 Iron Hzrdus Smoke Black 100g 6.5

Srixon ZX7 4-PW C Taper 130X ssx1

Titleist SM6 50, 54, 

Taylormade Hi Toe 58

Evnroll ER2

11 hours ago, jds101086 said:

Not 'Made For' per se. But not the real deal like the TX Raw shafts are. Sure the Blue vs White will follow the same characteristics but in the end apples vs oranges.  Like the CK line or the Ventus line you're comparing a roughly $50 shaft vs a $300 shaft. Unfortunately, if you don't fit into the TX flex then you don't really get the chance to see for yourself, but 90% under the TX flex would fit in to the cheaper line anyway. 

I am not sure I follow where you are going. Are you saying that my av raw white x flex that came with the driver will be different than if I ordered a Tensei av raw white from say Will Peoples?  Or are you saying only the TX shafts are the real deal? Thanks

10 minutes ago, SBH9458 said:

I like the TSi3 in driver and in fairway!

SS for me in a 3w 110-ish, I liked the launch and relative easy  of the 2 but just loved the shape of the 3 , reminds me of the tour issue M2 deep face (Jason day 3w) or 906f2 - my two fav 3w of all time 

I just don’t want another driver or tee only 3w set up  ; put a ventus red 9x launch and control .   Yet to test it 

the 3 I found easier to hit that draw which is tough for me with a driver but like laying the face open, to get that higher spinner shot .   This was only indoors launch monitor , outside real world validation needs to transpire 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

17 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

SS for me in a 3w 110-ish, I liked the launch and relative easy  of the 2 but just loved the shape of the 3 , reminds me of the tour issue M2 deep face (Jason day 3w) or 906f2 - my two fav 3w of all time 

I just don’t want another driver or tee only 3w set up  ; put a ventus red 9x launch and control .   Yet to test it 

the 3 I found easier to hit that draw which is tough for me with a driver but like laying the face open, to get that higher spinner shot .   This was only indoors launch monitor , outside real world validation needs to transpire 

Rgr. For me, the TSi3 fairway looks the best, and I am at 16.5 for the same reason you said. 13.5 or 15 in any fairway just does not work for that which I need for yardage, and 16.5 does just that. And launch off the deck isn’t a problem at that loft...I have an ADDI 8TX mated to it at standard 3W length. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EvoXWW said:

AV raw white in TX is supposed to be $100 upcharge i believe

My club was quoted $200 upcharge for TX

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

3 hours ago, SBH9458 said:

Rgr. For me, the TSi3 fairway looks the best, and I am at 16.5 for the same reason you said. 13.5 or 15 in any fairway just does not work for that which I need for yardage, and 16.5 does just that. And launch off the deck isn’t a problem at that loft...I have an ADDI 8TX mated to it at standard 3W length. 

8tx $$$$ bad @$$

wondering I should have went 16.5

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

16 hours ago, drbonesvt said:

How are folks liking the fairways ??

2 vs 3 etc 

Really liking my 13.5.. I primarily use it off the tee.  Have never been a great fairway wood player from the fairway.. if that makes any sense.. always got by with long irons or tried a hybrid here and there.. but now that I'm older I might have to look at higher lofted woods from the fairway...

Off the tee though.. this new TSi3 is crazy good... 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

On 11/20/2020 at 12:01 PM, JerryTBall said:

I got fit into an 8* head and an ADDI, get plenty of height. I have always played 9* and even 10* in some models. My spin was out of control on misses and I don’t swing that hard so my current setup was way too much loft. We almost stopped at 9* but we tried the 8* and the results were awesome.  Not sure if that is across the board but my TSi3 launches easy 

• Like 2

After 3 rounds with my tsi 3 9 degree, it’s proven that windy, cold for me at least, not to cause any loss of distance or trajectory,  and its longer than my G410&M5 every were. Now only played when cool out so far, so for it to be longer than my previous drivers on warmer, optimal days. Many have not seen the new driver at my club and were turned off by older louder titlest drivers, so when they couldn’t hear mine loud are really leaning towards that new driver. And like I’ve said before I’ve never really had a premium shaft before, I’ve had one’s a little better than the stock, but not real good ones and I’ve got to think that the shaft combination which is the 659 speeder for me must be just a very balanced club, because I put a new grip on it today which is about the same as the weight wise grip I had on there and my driver is at D9 and I never could handle a driver that was anything over D4 so I was telling my buddy it almost actually feels too lite! What I have noticed with the TSI 3 is distance remains pretty consistent anywhere you seem to hit it on the face even if you hit cut or straight still for me it seems to be more of a fade to straight biased driver and that’s fine

On 11/26/2020 at 8:03 AM, Negncic said:

I am not sure I follow where you are going. Are you saying that my av raw white x flex that came with the driver will be different than if I ordered a Tensei av raw white from say Will Peoples?  Or are you saying only the TX shafts are the real deal? Thanks

The "real deal" issue needs to go far, far away on this.  The Tensei AV Raw shafts that are stock with the TSi line are the same as if bought directly from any distributor.  While it has been widely discussed that the TX version is different and might be an additional charge, they are "real deal". 

Let's stop with it.  

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x