2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New Titleist Woods 2020/2021

Message added by easyyy

7 hours ago, levitronix said:

My own driver was not getting into the 160's ball speed and low heal strike would loose huge amounts of distance for me thats what I see on the course . Every shot I hit I got the ball speed over 160.

My own driver is 917 d2 with av raw blue x

Got fitted into tsi3 10' av raw white x flex, I couldnt feel the face twist on miss hits, I had too look at the face to double check 

What were your impressions on the about raw white in x flex? I am considering this shaft as an option, or the Tour AD XC which I know is an up change. Thanks!

6 hours ago, geakins said:

What were your impressions on the about raw white in x flex? I am considering this shaft as an option, or the Tour AD XC which I know is an up change. Thanks!

Raw white was so nice felt really smooth but never got away from me, I play the blue in x the white was harder to turn over every shot had less curve 

8 hours ago, Doyouevenblade said:

I have no doubt these are an improvement over the ts2/ts3 but an absolutely terrible look for the Titleist fitting they published a month ago on their channel.  Leaving close to 40 yards on the table for each of them? Yikes.  

After reading what you said here I was a little confused so I watch the video you’re saying leaving 40 yards on the table for each of them! were you talking about the older one losing 40 yards to the new one? Then the new one is worth taking a look at.  But listening to some of the recommendations of some of the guys just for the heck of it I might do a driver fitting although I may not buy a driver from Champion Golf just to see What is the best set up for me whether it be a Titleist, Callaway, or a ping. I’m tired of buying drivers due to popularity or what I think I need performance and not cosmetics. Hell I’ve never hit a Nike sumo maybe that’s my club LOL

Edited by JerryTBall

3 hours ago, JerryTBall said:

After reading what you said here I was a little confused so I watch the video you’re saying leaving 40 yards on the table for each of them! were you talking about the older one losing 40 yards to the new one? Then the new one is worth taking a look at.  But listening to some of the recommendations of some of the guys just for the heck of it I might do a driver fitting although I may not buy a driver from Champion Golf just to see What is the best set up for me whether it be a Titleist, Callaway, or a ping. I’m tired of buying drivers due to popularity or what I think I need performance and not cosmetics. Hell I’ve never hit a Nike sumo maybe that’s my club LOL

According to their youtube channel they were fit for the Titleist drivers they are replacing in this video a month ago. That fitter looks to have done a TERRIBLE job. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Doyouevenblade said:

According to their youtube channel they were fit for the Titleist drivers they are replacing in this video a month ago. That fitter looks to have done a TERRIBLE job. 

If I remember correctly, they were fit on a cool rainy morning last time.  So to be honest, they were probably fit well at the time for that fitting, and under different conditions there was room for improvement.

All in all, I think Titleist continues to produce excellent equipment and these drivers appear to continue that.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, jons1 said:

If I remember correctly, they were fit on a cool rainy morning last time.  So to be honest, they were probably fit well at the time for that fitting, and under different conditions there was room for improvement.

All in all, I think Titleist continues to produce excellent equipment and these drivers appear to continue that.

Tgx tour experience youtube video shows how essential it is for shaft fitting. So I wouldn't really fit yourself with the stock shaft options. I would suit the shaft thats best for the club and your metrics. I hope to do the same with 4 shafts I have thats fit for my swing

DRIVER:  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

On 10/16/2020 at 10:33 AM, Krooks Boepka said:

I head about this too...maybe just better to stick with TM? BTW, love your name!

You have the better name. Hilarious! 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

5 hours ago, MrShield said:

“I will decrease loft and set it flatter” and sets it to C4 and then say it looks better with lower loft 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🙈

Yeah that was a big whoops there. He had the tools to fix his main complaint with what was otherwise a really solid performer and he booted it in the wrong direction. 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

DRIVER:  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

On 10/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, Doyouevenblade said:

Looks like they released the fitting video for the TS back in September 2018, which was also a wet day. At that time Frank gained 20 yards and Mike gained 15, and i saw a carry on the screen as 242 don't know who that was. From their videos, neither of them have an ounce of athleticism so i bet their swings can change wildly day to day based on how many bowls of spaghetti they had that week.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

20 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Yeah that was a big whoops there. He had the tools to fix his main complaint with what was otherwise a really solid performer and he booted it in the wrong direction. 

Must have been holding it upside down. I know I always quadruple check the settings on Surefit hosels I have had over the years. 

RomaRo 435LX 10*-Quadra FEX 65SX 

PRGR Egg HD 14.5*-Fubuki 75S 3W
PRGR EGG 20* - M-43S 7 wood

RomaRo iBrid 2 22* - Crazy Hybrid 

Miura PP9003SN 5-G - Modus 125S 

Miura HB12 @ 55* - Modus 125 W

2015 PM Grind 60* - KBS Tour V

Axis1 Rose - Garsen Quad Tour grip

59 minutes ago, BottleCap said:

Looks like they released the fitting video for the TS back in September 2018, which was also a wet day. At that time Frank gained 20 yards and Mike gained 15, and i saw a carry on the screen as 242 don't know who that was. From their videos, neither of them have an ounce of athleticism so i bet their swings can change wildly day to day based on how many bowls of spaghetti they had that week.

Haha. Spaghetti comment was great. I skimmed through that vid. At 8:49 he says he is using a Rogue 95 gm shaft? That looks like the weaker 95 MSI.

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

So I had a chance to hit the TSI3 with the speeder evo 5 569 stiff shaft, I’m 66 these are my numbers it’s the best that it got trying driver heads from Callaway, TM, tour exotic, my gamer (M5), and my 410 plus and five or six different shafts, and the best combination for me was speeder evo V 569. this being at the end of a three hour session of hitting irons I was able to keep my clubhead speed up as well as I could. To be honest I don’t care to hit out of the bay and tee the ball as low as I was asked to tee it, I like high tee, the fact that I was getting good dispersion and the extra distance I was getting, I’m satisfied, I was swinging awful so all good

895B8361-7011-475F-ADD4-157EFA757142.jpeg

0F75728C-AF0B-4A22-8CDE-961615E0B1E4.jpeg

comparing this to my 410 driver and my M5 the numbers on my 410 and my M5 were only in the high 190s drive distance and the spin was up in the 4 to 5000s consistently so the speeder evo  five and the TSI three head was a better fit for me the two had too much spin

Edited by JerryTBall
Remove some data
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SBH9458 said:

TSi3 is definitely the way to go for me!!!  Can’t wait to get it!

I can tell you honestly my tsi3 with that speeder evo 5 569 shaft tops out at north of $900, that not inflated, it’s a $400 shaft, even talking to fujikura best could find new $390, puring the shaft is another cost, I’ve never heard of that but once I saw mine with and without I’m onboard for all clubs in my bag pured. I boxed up 2 sets of irons, a FW wood, 4 wedges, 2 drivers sent to second swing for cash back, and setup a whole new bag with proper shafts heads woods ect. Oh forgot the cost was with a 10% military discount, get 10 C notes prepared lol !

Edited by JerryTBall

TXG.jpg.bc6be1d597147adbd3f0c36943ba9fd1.jpg

• Like 1

I’m guessing from the post with all the data, but no personal comments you’re showing other drivers much more low spin. That’s fine if you’ve got a swing speed north of 105 miles an hour. That’ll work for somebody with a ball speed above 160 I’ve had low spin drivers and they do not work for me at all and I don’t think they work for the majority of mid handicap golfers that can’t get their ball speed above 140-150

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 7:14 PM, Doyouevenblade said:

I have no doubt these are an improvement over the ts2/ts3 but an absolutely terrible look for the Titleist fitting they published a month ago on their channel.  Leaving close to 40 yards on the table for each of them? Yikes.  

Agree.  The new TSi seems to be an improvement, but to gain 40 yards during a fitting doesn't say much about their previous fitting.  I could understand how these influencers want to show a good result for their sponsors, but this lacks authenticity.  I could understand if the fitter captured some shots when the player was warming up.  But the Trackman Ball data between the gamer driver and the TSi driver just seems too wide.  It makes me wonder if they took baseline conditions with the normal range ball and then captured new driver launch conditions with the Pro V.  1st player was spinning his gamer up to 5500 RPM, then the TSi3 was able to drop the spin down to 2000's?  Perhaps the player was just mailing it in with his gamer and really focussed with the TSi3 in order to show a greater contrast between the 2.  But if the new product is really that good, why resort to this type of result?  The fitter is quite good by the way, very good communicator.  

22 hours ago, StrokesGainedBreakfastBall said:

Agree.  The new TSi seems to be an improvement, but to gain 40 yards during a fitting doesn't say much about their previous fitting.  I could understand how these influencers want to show a good result for their sponsors, but this lacks authenticity.  I could understand if the fitter captured some shots when the player was warming up.  But the Trackman Ball data between the gamer driver and the TSi driver just seems too wide.  It makes me wonder if they took baseline conditions with the normal range ball and then captured new driver launch conditions with the Pro V.  1st player was spinning his gamer up to 5500 RPM, then the TSi3 was able to drop the spin down to 2000's?  Perhaps the player was just mailing it in with his gamer and really focussed with the TSi3 in order to show a greater contrast between the 2.  But if the new product is really that good, why resort to this type of result?  The fitter is quite good by the way, very good communicator.  

Since I went through a three hour fitting the other day I had my 410+ and M5 and even switching out to a different shaft on my gamers the TSI three with the recommended shaft, the speeder gave me a much better numbers than what I was doing and even I was swinging poorly after three hours Of hitting my irons I was still able to get a few out there in a 230 range which for 92 to 94 miles an hour was not bad my swing space higher than that but I was just tired.

One important aspect I forgot to mention, and I’ve said it before here, I am sensitive to swing weight changes, and usually any driver over D3 I don’t care for the fact that I was getting decent distance with a bad swing but good dispersion the driver set up D8 very surprising but that can be adjusted if it tends to bother me down the road.

Edited by JerryTBall
Added additional notes
  • Like 2

Just got done with my fitting. I experienced the lower spin but also lower launch, not higher launch that I had planned on. Have been playing the TS3 9.0 with evenflow 65X for last two years. I was launching that around 12.5 with 2200-2400 rpm. With the TSi3 9.0 I was launching between 10-11 with just about every shaft option.  I was ranging from 1700-1900 rpm.

The most consistent shaft for me was the tour ADIZ 7X. We ended up taking that into the 10.0 with D4 setting, so quite a bit of extra loft. That got me up to similar numbers as TS3 of 13-14 launch and 2300-2400 spin. I think the biggest differences were sound and consistency. The sound is much better. I actually went back to TS3 for one shot midway through fitting and it was a little shock to the senses how loud it was after hitting the TSi3 for 15-20 shots. Ball speed and launch conditions were very consistent on mishits. I had a few legitimate mishits that resulted in almost exact same launch conditions as solid contact with just 3-4 mph less of ball speed. On square hits I was getting 1-2 mph more ball speed than TS3 with 1/2" shorter shaft.

Cosmetically the head looks great. It's cloudy and cold here so not very bright but the color is slightly different. I would characterize it as deeper color with less shine. Still a gloss finish but not as reflective. The alignment aid difference became an afterthought immediately. The font is much smaller than I thought it would be. I thought it looked great. I only briefly looked at the TS2 in my last fitting and the TSi2 this time around but to me the TSi2 looked like it might have been even a little more stretched out than TS2.

I pulled the trigger on TSi3 10.0 with ADIZ 7x at 45".

Edited by canonlbp430
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, canonlbp430 said:

Just got done with my fitting. I experienced the lower spin but also lower launch, not higher launch that I had planned on. Have been playing the TS3 9.0 with evenflow 65X for last two years. I was launching that around 12.5 with 2200-2400 rpm. With the TSi3 9.0 I was launching between 10-11 with just about every shaft option.  I was ranging from 1700-1900 rpm.

The most consistent shaft for me was the tour ADIZ 7X. We ended up taking that into the 10.0 with D4 setting, so quite a bit of extra loft. That got me up to similar numbers  as TS3 of 12-13 launch and 2300-2400 spin. I think the biggest differences were sound and consistency. The sound is much better. I actually went back to TS3 for one shot midway through fitting and it was a little shock to the senses how loud it was after hitting the TSi3 for 15-20 shots. Ball speed and launch conditions were very consistent on mishits. I had a few legitimate mishits that resulted in almost exact same launch conditions as solid contact with just 3-4 mph less of ball speed. On square hits I was getting 1-2 mph more ball speed than TS3 with 1/2" shorter shaft.

Cosmetically the head looks great. It's cloudy and cold here so not very bright but the color is slightly different. I would characterize it as deeper color with less shine. Still a gloss finish but not as reflective. The alignment aid difference became an afterthought immediately. The font is much smaller than I thought it would be. I thought it looked great. I only briefly looked at the TS2 in my last fitting and the TSi2 this time around but to me the TSi2 looked like it might have been even a little more stretched out than TS2.

Congrats 🎉  I’m going in to bang the one I have ordered tomorrow with the shoes I normally play in, plus being rested and been working on coming from the inside alittle more see if I can show some better numbers.

57 minutes ago, canonlbp430 said:

The most consistent shaft for me was the tour ADIZ 7X. We ended up taking that into the 10.0 with D4 setting, so quite a bit of extra loft. That got me up to similar numbers as TS3 of 13-14 launch and 2300-2400 spin. I think the biggest differences were sound and consistency. The sound is much better. I actually went back to TS3 for one shot midway through fitting and it was a little shock to the senses how loud it was after hitting the TSi3 for 15-20 shots. Ball speed and launch conditions were very consistent on mishits. I had a few legitimate mishits that resulted in almost exact same launch conditions as solid contact with just 3-4 mph less of ball speed. On square hits I was getting 1-2 mph more ball speed than TS3 with 1/2" shorter shaft.

You just dialed up my order except I stayed stock length. I cannot wait to get it in play!

3 minutes ago, MMB1500 said:

What is the stock length on these? 

45.5. I ordered mine .75 short

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash