2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

I went by a local course today to take a few swings with the new offerings. I hit the TSi 2&3 9° with Tensei AV raw white. I was using range balls and didn’t have a launch monitor. The 2 launched REALLY high and peak height was even higher. With that said I don’t think it had excessive spin. (I do have a +2-3 AoA).  I hit it very straight. The shape on the 2 was a little interesting at first but I quickly got over it.

The 3 was also higher than my gamer but not as high as the 2. I started out hooking the 3 but moved the weight all the way out to the toe and it turned into a draw. I really couldn’t get a good feel for distance on each compared to my gamer because the range was into the sun. I liked the way the AV White felt. The best part about both was the sound/feel. They really got it right with this release. Not too loud, but loud enough. Not too soft, but soft enough. 

With that said I’ve decided to wait for them to get the GD shafts for the fitting cart and to wait for a proper fitting. I still might wait to see what the other OEM’s Are going to come out with. Titleist has made it tough to wait though coming to market sooner than the rest. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

Took my pro's tsi3 10* smoke 6.5 and tsi2 16.5 smoke 6.5 out on the course for 9 holes. My driver swing is around 100, but man these worked and felt amazing. Hot 5 of 6 fairways. The one I missed was low on the face and spun high and right.

Not sure what to buy now. Was debating raw blue stiff flex 10.0 and 15 raw blue. Now debating smoke stiff or x flex. 

1st picture is a late dog leg right that plays 312 from the whites. Best drive i have hit on that hole ever. 

20201022_170740.jpg

20201022_164253.jpg

20201022_164238.jpg

• Like 4

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

My local store does not have the TSi3 in 8 degree head. only the 9 and 10.  I currently game the 8.5 TS4.  I'm curious.. for those that have hit or been fitted in the 8 degree.. how does it fly compared to the TS3 or 4 in 8.5?  I'm hearing the 8 flies like the 8.5 but would like to hear more feedback please.

Thanks.

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

I'm so interested in the TSi 10.0 set open - that would be amazing!

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

TSi3 10*, Tensei White 65g X, 45", 2g heavier weight. I made the argument to my wife we're buying local with Allegheny Technologies. 

Two big things 1) I didn't ever expect to use a 10* head, I was hitting 2-3* up and only launching at 12* and 2) Tensei White X is a really good shaft, they didn't have TX but I'm not sure I'd need it.

Last edit, wait so how does the torque go from 3.4 on the Tensei White 65 X, to 4.0 on the TX shaft? That has to be a typo, it's closer in the 70g range. 

https://www.mca-golf.com/products/av-raw-white

Edited by gators78
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, btyh said:

Yeah doesn't look like it. You should have hit the drivers

No desire to even try another driver. I heard they are amazing though. First time in many years I’m confident with a driver in my hand and results are damn good.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour Z Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

14 minutes ago, odshot68 said:

No desire to even try another driver. I heard they are amazing though. First time in many years I’m confident with a driver in my hand and results are damn good.

What driver do you have? Can't see witb or signatures on my cell.. thanks 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

32 minutes ago, boycer said:

Anyone hit smoke 6.5 vs the raw white and blue? Thoughts? 

Did not like the Smoke 6.5 at all, also I was *praying* I didn't need to make a call if the premium Graphite Design shafts were a winner, but I did not get along with the IZ or XC. Loved the White.

Edited by gators78

1 hour ago, boycer said:

What driver do you have? Can't see witb or signatures on my cell.. thanks 

Cobra 9 degree Speedzone with Aldila rogue 60x 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour Z Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

I was fit yesterday for Titleist Thursday, and all I can say is WOW! Titleist has a winner here! The shape and sound are PERFECT, and I definitely noticed more forgiveness and ball speed. My ball speed increased 5mph from TS3 to the new TSi3. 

I am a huge fan of the Graphite Design XC in 7x, and I also enjoyed the raw white. I would probably look at the TX version though. SOLID driver! I believe we will see more non-contract pros switching over.

21 minutes ago, moorebaseball said:

I was fit yesterday for Titleist Thursday, and all I can say is WOW! Titleist has a winner here! The shape and sound are PERFECT, and I definitely noticed more forgiveness and ball speed. My ball speed increased 5mph from TS3 to the new TSi3. 

I am a huge fan of the Graphite Design XC in 7x, and I also enjoyed the raw white. I would probably look at the TX version though. SOLID driver! I believe we will see more non-contract pros switching over.

So what shaft were you fit into? 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 2023 Versatile 58 bent to 59 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

17 hours ago, Hstead said:

There are plenty of guys on this site that swing it north of 120 let alone faster than 110.  I am nearing 50 and I can still swing it near 120 and my playing speed is 112 or so.  That can be verified by teachers on this site.  And there are no less than 50 guys on this site that can blow it by me.  There are guys on this site that are Korn Ferry players, mini Tour players, a ton of ex-college players.  Needing a TX is no big deal.

Agreed.  It doesn’t take much to be fitted into a tx.   Even at 110mph, my violent transition can turn a standard x into a full fledged hook machine three fairways over.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 2023 Versatile 58 bent to 59 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I just placed a blind order for the TSi3. It always seems to happen where I end up with a full Titleist bag no matter how much I try to get away from it. You might have to pry my Byron putter out of my cold dead hands though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

3 minutes ago, JStang said:

I just placed a blind order for the TSi3. It always seems to happen where I end up with a full Titleist bag no matter how much I try to get away from it. You might have to pry my Byron putter out of my cold dead hands though. 

Yeah I wish they would come out with the Tsi4 so i could get on with it and see what to game.  Just no point in changing till I can try both (and the 425LST) but I am feeling the titleist currently.  I have been gaming a 910fd 3 wood for just a few weeks that I just got and it feels awesome and is long!.  So I guess I could get fit for the fairway!!!

So have you not tried the select newport 2?  I just ordered one.  First scotty in a while....lines are so good, feel and sound, just squares up so well. Could be a Byron killer and get you 100% titleist.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

3 minutes ago, Deuce78 said:

Yeah I wish they would come out with the Tsi4 so i could get on with it and see what to game.  Just no point in changing till I can try both (and the 425LST) but I am feeling the titleist currently.  I have been gaming a 910fd 3 wood for just a few weeks that I just got and it feels awesome and is long!.  So I guess I could get fit for the fairway!!!

So have you not tried the select newport 2?  I just ordered one.  First scotty in a while....lines are so good, feel and sound, just squares up so well. Could be a Byron killer and get you 100% titleist.

The new Scotty's are super nice but the long neck has a bit less toe hang and is just working perfectly for me right now. I have a mint Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g that is in the backup bag.

I don't know if you watch any of the TXG videos but Ian referred to the TSi3 as a TS3.5. He seemed to think that it fell right in the middle of TS3 and TS4. I have close to $500 in shop credit at my club so it will be close to "free" so it was an easy decision. They are doing Titleist Thursdays at my club but our range is small and uses limited flight balls so that would be a useless exercise. 

• Like 1

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

Titleist rep was at the club today.  I ordered a TSi3 9.0 with a Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 TX at 44.5".  Can't wait but it will probably be after Jan 1 some time before they ship with that shaft.

The heads look great.  I was shocked the TSi2 looked as good as it looked.  The fairways were super slick looking.  I may end up replacing my TS2 15* 3 wood too.  I didn't hit anything, but I have been on so many trackman and flight scopes I know what is most likely going to work.  

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Hello 👋 its me mr skeptical. I hit the tsi3 today. Lots of good things, very few bad. First looking at the ts3 and 2, i was reminded my gawsh those things are ugly at address. They are so clunky and awkward looking, like a wal mart driver. The tsi3 is SOOO Much better looking, thank goodness. I still prefer the sim and its shape and framing the ball but i would be ok with the tsi3. The tsi2 wasnt hideous, but it was ok. Not my preferred shape. 

couple of things when hitting the tsi3. It is pretty fast. I usually live in the mid 160’s and sometimes when feeling pretty good i can hit low 170s. It didnt take me but maybe 4 swings and i hit 168. My numbers were averaging about 166 bs, 12 launch, and 2600 spin. The spin killed it for me. That would be giving up 10 yards pretty easy to my sim. But it is fast for sure, right there will all the top oems. 

another thing of note, the fairways look sick! I dunno who said they looked closed, but i didnt see that all, very square.

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Hello 👋 its me mr skeptical. I hit the tsi3 today. Lots of good things, very few bad. First looking at the ts3 and 2, i was reminded my gawsh those things are ugly at address. They are so clunky and awkward looking, like a wal mart driver. The tsi3 is SOOO Much better looking, thank goodness. I still prefer the sim and its shape and framing the ball but i would be ok with the tsi3. The tsi2 wasnt hideous, but it was ok. Not my preferred shape. 

couple of things when hitting the tsi3. It is pretty fast. I usually live in the mid 160’s and sometimes when feeling pretty good i can hit low 170s. It didnt take me but maybe 4 swings and i hit 168. My numbers were averaging about 166 bs, 12 launch, and 2600 spin. The spin killed it for me. That would be giving up 10 yards pretty easy to my sim. But it is fast for sure, right there will all the top oems. 

another thing of note, the fairways look sick! I dunno who said they looked closed, but i didnt see that all, very square.

What loft was the ts3 that 2600 still seems steep

20 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Skepticism 😂- I loved my TS3 at address. My eyes wouldn't agree with the ugly and TS3. The TS2 was a little odd for me though. I want to see those fw in person , hard to believe at c1 either would look closed. 

Edited by golffeen007

10 minutes ago, btyh said:

What loft was the ts3 that 2600 still seems steep

You know, now that i think about i cant even remember lol. But 12 degrees of launch is a bit on the low side, for me, i usually like around 13. If i lofted up the spin would increase. I am very neutral with driver-0 degrees to -1 on most days. I was hitting it with an IZ 6x which isnt the best fit, i  like 70 g+ shafts. There were some low strikes maybe that had something to do with it as well.

It was very forgiving too, although a bit of a two way miss, which with the sim i dont have to worry about.

Edited by Red4282
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Maybe I am just different than everyone else, but I love the look of the TSi 2. I feel more confident looking at that type of shape that I am going to hit the ball well.

I haven't even seen the tsi2, just got to hit the tsi3. I did hit the tsi2 fairway. It was very nice. 

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

I know this is WRX.  But have any “moderate” swing speed players tried the 55g Tour AD DI in either of these heads?

Would a 88-90 mph swing still be able to see any of the benefits of this shaft, mainly the stability.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic