Titleist TSi 2 & TSi 3 driver and 3 woods - 2020 Safeway Open

pga43

3 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Why ?

Nothing at all. Im being too picky about playing. Either too wet or too windy and of course the main reason is I'm still waiting on my tsi3 15 arrival. I sold my ts3 15 already and even though I would only use my 3 wood twice during a round of 18 I just feel incomplete without it haha

3 hours ago, btyh said:

Nothing at all. Im being too picky about playing. Either too wet or too windy and of course the main reason is I'm still waiting on my tsi3 15 arrival. I sold my ts3 15 already and even though I would only use my 3 wood twice during a round of 18 I just feel incomplete without it haha

My new sticks are the living room, because I had to shovel twice this week....

Now go and play! 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist....

Got my driver today. TSi3 with ventus black 6S. Ordered it stock length at D4 and it has the green -2g weight. No wrench. Will be taking it out on Sunday. 

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

29 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

Got my driver today. TSi3 with ventus black 6S. Ordered it stock length at D4 and it has the green -2g weight. No wrench. Will be taking it out on Sunday. 

Why did you go from TX in pro white to stiff in Ventus black.  The Ventus can’t be that much stiffer?...  I’ve got a TSi3 with Tour AD XC 6X that should be delivered tomorrow- just in time to sit in the corner and get stared at all winter!

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

TSI3 10* set at D1 surefit with red weight set at T1, Atmos TS black 6s at 44.75”, NDMC black +2 wraps left, +3 right, swingweight d4.

Very well pleased with initial results👍🏻

43A15ECA-6DBF-46F8-BC8D-FC66E8121707.jpeg

E5B5EC1F-E1DB-48F3-93AD-A3A10BCBCEBE.jpeg

• Like 4

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I have a few rounds under my belt with my TSi2 with tensei white x 60g, albeit REALLY cold ones. Coming from my f9 with ventus blue the TSi just wants to go straight and feels amazing. I did change my set up just a bit, but I have never felt more confident in a driver, it just finds fairways for me. I have a hzrdus smoke green coming this week to test out, we will see how that feels. I really like the Tensei though, and love the complete package. Now I am wondering how a Tsi3 would work out in the real world for me vs on a monitor, may have to give 1 a try in the spring.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Morry said:

How Fade-biased is the tsi3 vs the tsi2 or your prior driver?

coming from ping 410plus 

thanks

The head and toe shape of the TSi3 gives more confidence over the TS3 but I can fade both fairly easily. Slight edge to TSi3 for me.

2 hours ago, Morry said:

How Fade-biased is the tsi3 vs the tsi2 or your prior driver?

coming from ping 410plus 

thanks

Coming from TS3/4 with some swing changes..

The pull hook was my miss and I haven't hit one yet in like five rounds. I don't think it could be all club but it has to be part of it.

Lots of info in here so I apologize if this has been covered but I am thinking about upgrading my fww now.... I love the 917, the face seems hot but would love something a little friendlier through the ground if that's possible.  Anyone upgrade to the TSi fww from the 917? 

Watched the TXG vid last night and it seems the TSi can keep up with anything so I am thinking going TSi2 16.5 with the AV Raw White 75 to match the driver...  Is it worth it to go to the TSi2 fww?  

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Was getting some clubs re-gripped yesterday so I wanted to try out the new TSI3.  My normal driver is a 917D3 with AD DI6X.  Average distance is around 290.  

The TSI looks great.  The feel was solid.  Honestly I didn't notice too much difference from my 917.  Tried the 9 degree in both Tensei white and blue X and S.  After 12 swings monitor was showing me at max hitting it 270.  I was surprised how short it was.  I think it was the monitor as I didn't have a chance to hit my 917 on there.  

Overall I was impressed with the club, just hoping to get a real fitting or hit it outdoors.  My other take is what a great shaft the AD DI is.  The feel is light years better than the Tensei IMO.

Settings 

Fw ended up at C1 neutral or draw weight 

allows a draw or fade 

driver ended up at b1 | c1 sometimes a little too low , d1 works well also need a little more testing  , nice power fade .  I found that it’s very easy to put up in the front of the stance and launch the hell out of it , which is a nice paring with my + 3 ish aoa 

a note for me ,, the flat settings are a great feeling at set up , I have a bad habit of letting my right hand get too strong , which I feel is a product of upright , getting the hands in an almost unco*ked position.  Upright I’ll move the right hand more neutral upright tends to pull my right shoulder down and open 

• Like 2

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

15 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

Settings 

Fw ended up at C1 neutral or draw weight 

allows a draw or fade 

driver ended up at b1 | c1 sometimes a little too low , d1 works well also need a little more testing  , nice power fade .  I found that it’s very easy to put up in the front of the stance and launch the hell out of it , which is a nice paring with my + 3 ish aoa 

a note for me ,, the flat settings are a great feeling at set up , I have a bad habit of letting my right hand get too strong , which I feel is a product of upright , getting the hands in an almost unco*ked position.  Upright I’ll move the right hand more neutral upright tends to pull my right shoulder down and open 

That is so true and I find is when I hit my best drives... fitter has my TSi2 in the D4 position which is a setting I have NEVER tried in any Titleist driver.  

Whats your feeling on the FWW so far?  How is the turf interaction?

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

34 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

That is so true and I find is when I hit my best drives... fitter has my TSi2 in the D4 position which is a setting I have NEVER tried in any Titleist driver.  

Whats your feeling on the FWW so far?  How is the turf interaction?

Better than the sim , and I like the sim immensely.  

off the tee they are about the same 

fw , titleist is a hair better 

• Thanks 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

14 hours ago, Hookasaurus Rex said:

Why did you go from TX in pro white to stiff in Ventus black.  The Ventus can’t be that much stiffer?...  I’ve got a TSi3 with Tour AD XC 6X that should be delivered tomorrow- just in time to sit in the corner and get stared at all winter!

First, my stay-at-home-no-gym body is not swinging as fast these days.  Second, at 105-108mph, I am always in between a stout S and a softer X, but if it gets too stiff by a hair, I can't swing it well and shots never feel solid. Last fitting was fit for Pro White TX and the second best fitting option was Atmos Black 6S. I owned the Atmos Black 6S and it was great for me. I also owned a Ventus Blue in 6S that was tipped a bit and it performed, but felt kind of lifeless, perhaps too stiff due to the tipping. IMO, certain Mitsubishi X flex shafts can play or at least feel softer than other OEM's. Maybe due to the torque, I can feel and time them better. Pro White TX has like 4.3 torque. But I usually have no trouble playing any kind of X in Mitsubishi or Graphite Design. The TX in the Pro White is really just an X flex, it isn't a step up in stiffness like the difference between say Graphite Design X and TX shafts. Long story short, with the stouter profile and tip of the Ventus Black, I thought the X would be too much. I wasn't fit for it, just have been wanting to try it for a while given my success with Atmos Black and figured it would be an easy sell if it doesn't work. If it doesn't, I'll just swap the tip on my Pro White which is now my "plug into anything and it just works shaft".

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

13 hours ago, Sfd732 said:

I have a few rounds under my belt with my TSi2 with tensei white x 60g, albeit REALLY cold ones. Coming from my f9 with ventus blue the TSi just wants to go straight and feels amazing. I did change my set up just a bit, but I have never felt more confident in a driver, it just finds fairways for me. I have a hzrdus smoke green coming this week to test out, we will see how that feels. I really like the Tensei though, and love the complete package. Now I am wondering how a Tsi3 would work out in the real world for me vs on a monitor, may have to give 1 a try in the spring.

I thought i was the only one...which ventus blue were you playing with?  I have a ventus blue 6x in a SIM right now and when I was testing the TSI2 with tensei white raw x i thought it was so much easier to hit and to go straight...I have been having lots of problems with my driver lately, missing left (i am a lefty) and losing 20-30 yards or so...I have a feeling that the ventus might be a little bit too stiff, and when I am not warmed up I am suffering....I ended up ordering the TSI2 with the tensei and with no additional up charge helped the decision. My swing speed is around 105-110 so I think i'm right on the border.  Thought about ordering a blue ventus 6s and tipping it .5" or something.  Or possibly trying the red ventus or black 6s may pair well with the high launch of tsi2....or just save my money and work with the stock shaft for a bit.  Also have a TSI2 16.5 in av white x coming too...

10 played at 9.25 TSI2 w/ Ventus Black 6x

16.5 degree TSI2 w/ Ventus Blue 7x

19 degree Sim Max Hybrid w/ Ventus Blue 8x/ZXU 3 Recoil 95 f5

ZXU 4 w/ Recoil 95 F5

5-p ZX7 Nippon Modus 120x 

SM8 52f/56S/60D 

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0, Sik Flo w/ LAGolf Shaft, Toulon Las Vegas, Special Select Newport 2 custom, Bettinardi Queen B 6

On 12/4/2020 at 9:35 AM, btyh said:

My question is why don't you have 6 deck-ups for every club in the bag? 🤣

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Just got back from a fitting a True Spec. Figured I would get my free healthcare worker fitting in before the end of the year. Took my G400 max (copper Mamba) and Maverick (rouge white) that I just got of CPO 2 mo ago. Have only used the Mav for about 3 rounds and not super attached to it. They were low on heads and shafts since they are turning everything over soon so I just hit those 2 against the TSis. 

I'm swinging 95-100 in the 40 deg weather. Long story short TSi3 was 10 yds longer than Mav and 20 yds longer than 400 Max. Fitter was surprised ball speed was 4 mph better than Mav. I didn't get fit for the Mav or Max so that's likely part of it. Also much better dispersion than Mav for me. Hit the TSi only with Ventus Blue and they don't carry stock shaft options. I'm pretty sold but...

Any stock or cheaper options, even the Graphite Design shafts that are going to be similar in performance and feel to the Ventus blue? $900 driver is hard to swallow!

Mine finally came in.... 

3DC831BB-B0A7-4970-8B3C-F949A3E86183.jpeg

• Like 4

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

22 minutes ago, taoslcl said:

Just got back from a fitting a True Spec. Figured I would get my free healthcare worker fitting in before the end of the year. Took my G400 max (copper Mamba) and Maverick (rouge white) that I just got of CPO 2 mo ago. Have only used the Mav for about 3 rounds and not super attached to it. They were low on heads and shafts since they are turning everything over soon so I just hit those 2 against the TSis. 

I'm swinging 95-100 in the 40 deg weather. Long story short TSi3 was 10 yds longer than Mav and 20 yds longer than 400 Max. Fitter was surprised ball speed was 4 mph better than Mav. I didn't get fit for the Mav or Max so that's likely part of it. Also much better dispersion than Mav for me. Hit the TSi only with Ventus Blue and they don't carry stock shaft options. I'm pretty sold but...

Any stock or cheaper options, even the Graphite Design shafts that are going to be similar in performance and feel to the Ventus blue? $900 driver is hard to swallow!

It would be hard to find a shaft to compare to the Ventus blue. Blue is really misleading because it isn’t a blue profile, but rather between a “whiteboard” and “blueboard”. The tip section is Ventus’s is stiffer than almost anything with similar handle and mid section profiles. For the price of a TSi with GD AD shaft you could order a TSi with Tensei Raw White and buy a used Ventus Blue. (Should be between $175-200). 

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

41 minutes ago, taoslcl said:

I tried all the shaft options from Titleist, except for the AD-IZ... My best results came from the HZRDUS RDX and Tensei White.  I did not like the Ventus Blue when I had it in a G410, but I do love the Raw White.  I would recommend giving it a try if you are set on the TSi3 but don't want to drop the extra $200 for the GD shafts.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

1 hour ago, DNice26 said:

Mine finally came in.... 

3DC831BB-B0A7-4970-8B3C-F949A3E86183.jpeg

Velocore 🤑🤤

• Like 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

39 minutes ago, Nixhex524 said:

I tried all the shaft options from Titleist, except for the AD-IZ... My best results came from the HZRDUS RDX and Tensei White.  I did not like the Ventus Blue when I had it in a G410, but I do love the Raw White.  I would recommend giving it a try if you are set on the TSi3 but don't want to drop the extra $200 for the GD shafts.

Shaft chart

E5BF0124-3B3E-45B0-A4B9-C70CCCBDF0F4.png.e177fb266121493c222b9efc504b827f.png

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Shaft charts do not tell you bend profile, kick point, etc. 

how the head gets to the ball matters for some. 

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Dropped some titleist tips on an ad tp 7tx driver and ad di 9x to test , going to have to be something special to beat the ventus line , but hey it’s wrx have to try right ?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I would say av white is probably closest to the ventus blue. I think a lot of people shy away from the Tensei White thinking it is a low low rebar monster. I am not a high launch player, but launch the Tensei White profile the best in fairway and hybrid, which was the most eye opening experience I took from getting a professional fitting. 

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

25 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

I would say av white is probably closest to the ventus blue. I think a lot of people shy away from the Tensei White thinking it is a low low rebar monster. I am not a high launch player, but launch the Tensei White profile the best in fairway and hybrid, which was the most eye opening experience I took from getting a professional fitting. 

Was definitely my experience as well, to the point that TSi2 fairway with AV Raw White 75 stiff created a bit too much launch to be optimal for my delivery.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic