2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2020 US Open

JD3

12 minutes ago, PeteW said:

Does he get FedEx Cup points for this win? I know that the 20-21 year has started but this was a 19-20 major. 

FedEx Cup points for the new season.

What about Ryder Cup points?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

1 hour ago, mallrat said:

So confused, 1 player under par and the course got punked? Please explain how Winged Foot got shown up?

Winged Foot was supposed to be much harder than that!  In 2006 the winning score was +5.  Since then the course was lengthened and toughened.  The winning score was 11 strokes better.  I love the course but that takes off some of the shine.

4 minutes ago, Golf10 said:

Winged Foot was supposed to be much harder than that!  In 2006 the winning score was +5.  Since then the course was lengthened and toughened.  The winning score was 11 strokes better.  I love the course but that takes off some of the shine.

It was also Sept vs June. Not sure how much of a difference that makes.

1 minute ago, Golf10 said:

The rough would have been juicier in June I believe.  I wouldn't have a problem with 12 inch rough past 300 yards.  Grow fescue.

I think do the opposite. Mow fairway everywhere, that wpuld shorten the course for everyone. Make it wide open, so balls run, run and run into nasty spots. British Open styles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 976-Evil said:

People who think everyone who uses steroids are completely jacked have clearly never spent much time around people who use steroids.

I just don't see a couple of the big signs of steroid use: acne and a noticeable increase in head size.

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

1 hour ago, JDCON said:

Never said that, but nice trying. He added a lot of mass, but tons of muscle? Sure, he added muscle, but definitely more fat. Are you even familiar with tren? Probably not. Stop while you’re still behind.

Whatever you say big guy. Once again, you've obviously never been around people using.

8 minutes ago, Dicka said:

He hit 23 fairways for the entire week. Bot sure that's great driving.

Was talking about today, but for the week his strokes gained off the tee were way up there, his fairways hit today were better than the average for the field and his misses didn't cost him, so yes, relative to the field it was great.  Fact.

• Like 2

Matt should be proud of the performance, but he got away with murder off the tee.... finally caught up with him.

Bryson played very well.... and still has so much improvement to do with the wedges.  It would be scary once those are dialed in 

• Like 2

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Obee said:

I just don't see a couple of the big signs of steroid use: acne and a noticeable increase in head size.

Acne is more common on the upper back than other places but then again some people don't get acne with steroid use. I also don't see him walking around with his shirt off all the time so it probably isn't visible if he's using and does have acne.

Increase in head size is more noticeable with HgH use (along with HgH gut that looks like chuck liddel and GSP) and long term steroid use.

I'm not saying BDC is juicing btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 976-Evil said:

Whatever you say big guy. Once again, you've obviously never been around people using.

No way he’s on the juice.  If he was he might actually have some muscle on him instead of being a husky dude that probably cant even bench his body weight

Besides, I thought steroids just help you recover quicker so you can work out harder more frequently.  It’s pretty obvious he doesn’t push it very hard.  Lastly, I’d only believe HGH if he was a small guy before he started lifting.  He wasn’t.  He was a sturdy dude.  

Edited by Dr. Block
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dr. Block said:

No way he’s on the juice.  If he was he might actually have some muscle on him instead of being a husky dude that can probably cant even bench his body weight

Besides, I thought steroids just help you recover quicker so you can work out harder more frequently.  It’s pretty obvious he doesn’t push it very hard.  Lastly, I’d only believe HGH if he was a small guy before he started lifting.  He wasn’t.  He was a sturdy dude.  

I'm not saying he's on steroids, I'm saying that the stereotypical jacked appearance with steroid use isn't always correct.

Lots of people looked jacked because they're using a combination of steroids with Winstrol to help lean them out. If BDC was using steroids, he definitely isn't using Winstrol LOL

Lance Armstrong and endurance athletes use them for recovery yes.

Edited by 976-Evil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 976-Evil said:

People who think everyone who uses steroids are completely jacked have clearly never spent much time around people who use steroids.

I have been lifting weights for 35 years and when a guy lifts even light weights the results are nothing less than astounding compared to others who have to do it the hard way, especially if they have never lifted weights before. Some people use steroids but then don't train with enough resistance to make the muscle grow as it can. I believe Bryson's workout routine with the combination of steroids had he been taking them would have given much more significant results in terms of muscle mass. College football weight training programs have been successful for decades in helping players gain significant muscle without steroids in a matter of months. I went to Clemson and knew a trainer for the football team.

Edited by chipa

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

4 minutes ago, 976-Evil said:

Acne is more common on the upper back than other places but then again some people don't get acne with steroid use. I also don't see him walking around with his shirt off all the time so it probably isn't visible if he's using and does have acne.

Increase in head size is more noticeable with HgH use (along with HgH gut that looks like chuck liddel and GSP) and long term steroid use.

I'm not saying BDC is juicing btw.

He’s in his mid 20s and few have perfect skin at that age. And doesn’t the Tour test for steroids?

• Thanks 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

1 hour ago, MG22 said:

Loved the moment between Bryson and his parents. Like him or not, you’ve all just witnessed greatness. Can’t take anything away from

him with that performance. NCAA champion, Walker Cupper, US Am champion and now US Open Champion of 2020. Pretty special stuff. 

Congrats to Bryson, first of several majors. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toddnt said:

Goes back years ago at Waste Mgnt where he had like 205-10 over water and he laid up with wedge and ended up losing.. Arnie asked him later in an interview if he'd lay up again instead of hitting a 4 or 5 iron .. Fowler told him he'd still lay up.. Arnie looked at him like he had a horn coming outta his forehead!  No killer instinct!

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

2 hours ago, Dr. Block said:

I spent most of the day watching football, but when I did tune in, it looked like Bryson displayed a fair amount of touch and nuance to go along with the power smash.  Good on him, he is owning his process and playing great golf.  Great win 

I think you hit on what’s not being talked about - his putting and short game. 

Bryson does hit the snot out of the ball - but he putted very well, chipped well and played his game.  It just so happens he executed on his plan better than everyone else.  

To me, all of this worry about whether he’s on the juice, his distance being bad for the game or “unfair”, etc. is way premature and overblown.   Had he putted like crap, he wouldn’t have won.  Had he had a rough go with the shortly in general he wouldn’t have won.   Still have to do it all. 

He needs to put a lot more trophies in the case - and majors - before I start saying he’s in some way out of line or bad for the game.  He played a good round and Wolff couldn’t close.  That’s what happened, and that’s largely all there is to it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 00steven said:

Guy deserved it, don’t care to hear any moaning about how he’s “bad” for the game.

Remember what happened when Tiger blew the field away at TP?   Did we say Tiger was “bad for the game”?  Nope.  

Then there was the “Tigerproofing” movement.  We didn’t say that was bad for the game...

Maybe some people just don’t like Bryson - the wrong person is winning kind of thing - so now being hugely long is “bad for the game”.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1