New TP5 and TP5X for 2021

SSP217

Any way that TaylorMade can get all licensing four NA Pro Sport leagues to produce logos on the PiX ball? I know they have this with the NBA for that specific ball. Not gonna lie, would be pretty awesome to have your favorite hockey team or football teams logo all over the ball

• Like 4

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

13 hours ago, dan250yds said:

Any way that TaylorMade can get all licensing four NA Pro Sport leagues to produce logos on the PiX ball? I know they have this with the NBA for that specific ball. Not gonna lie, would be pretty awesome to have your favorite hockey team or football teams logo all over the ball

I just saw these! Looks like it’s only the tp5 and not the tp5x. NFL tp5x would be awesome or mlb

• Like 1

TSR3 8* w/Ventus Black 6X

TSR3 15* w/Ventus Blue TR 7X
TSR3  18* w/Ventus Blue TR 8X

P7MC 4-PW w/KBS S-Taper 130 X

T22 50*, 54*, 58* w/DG TI S400

TP Kia Ma Daytona
Pro V1X

I had a TP5X "subscription" and they lowered the cost of the balls.... pretty strong sign there that new is coming.  I paused the subscription to to wait on it (and because we have a nice dusting of 3 feet of snow here in MN).  

They'll be great, I am sure.  My only wish is that the 5X launch lower.  It seems now that you have to pick between low launch and low spin with almost eve premium ball company.  The "non-Xs" seem to shoot out lower but of course spin more.  Vs the Xs with launch hire but spin lower.  It might just be that one needs the other (perhaps a low launching TP5X would not leave knee-high level).  I'll leave it to those smarter than I!

1 hour ago, mjbaker80 said:

I had a TP5X "subscription" and they lowered the cost of the balls.... pretty strong sign there that new is coming.  I paused the subscription to to wait on it (and because we have a nice dusting of 3 feet of snow here in MN).  

They'll be great, I am sure.  My only wish is that the 5X launch lower.  It seems now that you have to pick between low launch and low spin with almost eve premium ball company.  The "non-Xs" seem to shoot out lower but of course spin more.  Vs the Xs with launch hire but spin lower.  It might just be that one needs the other (perhaps a low launching TP5X would not leave knee-high level).  I'll leave it to those smarter than I!

So I gather from this that you'd like the firmness and lower spin of the 5x with a lower trajectory? If so, you're correct that there isn't a ball available that obviously fits that bill.

• Like 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

1 hour ago, bcflyguy1 said:

So I gather from this that you'd like the firmness and lower spin of the 5x with a lower trajectory? If so, you're correct that there isn't a ball available that obviously fits that bill.

Correct.  Oh I know...it’s more operator error than anything.  I lift it up.  Working on it.  Just spitballing.  I don’t expect TM to make a Baker PROTO for me (as cool as that would be)!  The balls currently are super solid.

51 minutes ago, jmorrow020 said:

If they could make the TP5x bit just a little harder around the greens I'd be set for a long time. It's already my preferred ball, but that would be killer. They also have such a perfect noise coming off the driver. Hopefully they dont mess that part up. 

Try the left dash.... it’s EXACTLY what you describe that you want....  for me it’s just a little too hard (coming from TP5X).  MGS would confirm per their tests that it’s the hardest ball they’ve tested, I believe.  

They are a tiny bit harder to get...they don’t sell them as widely as the ProV1 and 1X.  My pro shop was able to order a couple boxes for me but I’d be very surprised if I order any more.  I just want to play it in real golf weather before I move on.  

It’s hard, but it’s also played on tour and none of those guys are gonna play rocks.

It’s wildly low spin (see TXG review) but goes a mile.  Interesting, a lot of shorter hitters in tour ended up playing it perhaps bc they know how crucial distance is now.  

it’s not insane, but it’s hard, IMO 

amazing red carpet GIF by Tony Awards

Driver: 9* Stealth + Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x Z cord grip

7 Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X Z cord grip

4 -6 Mizuno MP5 Recoil Dart 105 F5

7-PW Mizuno pro 221 Recoil Dart 105 F5

Wedges - Mizuno T22 51* Recoil Dart 105 F5// Edel SMS 54 D grind. Edel SMS 60 T grind. Steelfiber CW125s shafts

Putter- Konos release, Fuji MC putter shaft / Betinardi Lamkin Jumbo Deep etched cord grip
BALL; Chrome Soft X

6 hours ago, mjbaker80 said:

I want this as well!  I liked the Left Dash, but the TP5X is just way easier to get ahold of.  Had to have my club order my Left Dashes.

• Like 1

GAMER SETUP:

TaylorMade Stealth+ 8* | Mitsubishi Kai'li White 7s 

TaylorMade Stealth 3W | Mitsubishi Kai'li White 7s (Tip'd 1/2")

TaylorMade Stealth Rescue 4H | Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4 | GD Tour AD AD-95 +1"

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 5-P | DG X100 +1"

PING 50* Glide 3.0 | Nippon Z-Z115 +1"

Titleist 54* RAW Vokey SM8 | KBS Tour X +1"

Titleist 60* Vokey SM8 | KBS Tour X +1"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

On 12/28/2020 at 1:01 PM, mjbaker80 said:

Try the left dash.... it’s EXACTLY what you describe that you want....  for me it’s just a little too hard (coming from TP5X).  MGS would confirm per their tests that it’s the hardest ball they’ve tested, I believe.  

But he states that he loves the sound/feel off the tee, just wants it to be "harder" around the greens. I know, makes little sense but that's why were all on these forums.

Ping G425 LST w/Ventus Blue6
Ping G425 3W w/AD DI8

Ping G425 Hybrid w/AD DI9
Srixon ZX7 w/MCI 120
Mizuno T20 56-60 w/MCI Mild
Ping PLD3
Pro v1x

On 12/28/2020 at 11:00 AM, mjbaker80 said:

Per Ian Fraser of TXG and my observations IRL, launch and spin are directly linked. Spin pulls launch down and you reach peak height in a slightly different way. I noticed it more on iron shots. Comparing X100s vs Project X shafts, I hit low spinning bullets that ballooned with X100s and lower spinning shots that launched higher with a flight like an artillery round with the PXs. If you need lower launch off the tee, have you considered a lower loft on your driver? Another option would be the Snell MTB Black. Phenomenal ball and a great deal. I personally will never give up on TP5s, especially now that they come in yellow😁

• Like 1

Epic Max LS 9* Ventus Black 6s / Cobra Radspeed 9* Tensei 1K 6x

Epic Flash 15* / Tour AD TP 7x and DI 7x

Sim Max 19* / DI 8x

Srixon Zx7 4-P

Ping Glide Stealth 52 (bent to 51)

SM6 - 56/10 (bent to 55/9)

Tour Issue LB Hi Toe 60*

Spider Plumber's Neck

TP5

On 12/27/2020 at 9:02 PM, dan250yds said:

Bridgestone at one time recently was licensed to have NFL and NHL logo's on their golf balls. Titleist at this time has MLB logo's for some of their balls and hats. Same with some NCAA schools. TM currently has a number of NCAA schools licensed for their TP5 golf balls as well. Srixon currently has the rights for NHL logo balls for the Q-Star. Not the Q-Star Tour. Wilson seems to have some of the NFL teams under contract for logo balls. Golfballs.com has NFL logo balls available as well under the Titleist banner.

24 minutes ago, Benkross said:

Per Ian Fraser of TXG and my observations IRL, launch and spin are directly linked. Spin pulls launch down and you reach peak height in a slightly different way. I noticed it more on iron shots. Comparing X100s vs Project X shafts, I hit low spinning bullets that ballooned with X100s and lower spinning shots that launched higher with a flight like an artillery round with the PXs. If you need lower launch off the tee, have you considered a lower loft on your driver? Another option would be the Snell MTB Black. Phenomenal ball and a great deal. I personally will never give up on TP5s, especially now that they come in yellow😁

All good stuff here....don’t disagree.  In fact I’ve talked to a lot of guys at the “big three” shafts companies about whether “high launch, low spin is almost a contradiction in and of itself.

My driver is a 8.25 Sim w Fuji VENTUS Black 6X. You’re right though loft is king for launch.  You know your stuff.  It’s me that’s to blame.  I hit up +4.5

I think when the ProV1 “flipped” it messed up descriptions across the industry. 

I’ll check out the Snell, thanks!

@ATXHorn don’t disagree on your points either.  But, I think he says he wanted harder feel around greens.  I’d argue the left dash is harder than 99% of premium balls across the board and through the bag.  That’s why I thought he’d like it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grm24 said:

Bridgestone at one time recently was licensed to have NFL and NHL logo's on their golf balls. Titleist at this time has MLB logo's for some of their balls and hats. Same with some NCAA schools. TM currently has a number of NCAA schools licensed for their TP5 golf balls as well. Srixon currently has the rights for NHL logo balls for the Q-Star. Not the Q-Star Tour. Wilson seems to have some of the NFL teams under contract for logo balls. Golfballs.com has NFL logo balls available as well under the Titleist banner.

And Vice had done NBA logo balls too. The Srixon Q-Stars are unreal with the NHL balls on it (I bought 4 doz of my favorite NHL team on the side of the ball) but just because one ball manufacturer is under contract with a sports league or university doesn’t specifically mean that TM can’t sign on with that league.

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

I picked up several dozen TP5x Pix Practice, TP5x Practice, and V1 Left Dashes.  It's fun to gain 10 yards on irons with soft balls like the AVX, but nothing compares to a center strike on a driver with either of these balls.

That said, I hit my irons pretty high, and have never had trouble stopping approaches, and like the feel off the putter - so it's a pretty good fit all around for me.

SIM2 Graphite Design Ventus TR 60X

PXG Gen 3, Project X

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55D / 60T

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

I have heard through very reliable sources there is a new Premium TM ball and it is long.
ie normally a new ball maybe a yard or three longer than previous model under test... this is something like 6 or 7 yards longer.
Longer with driver and irons... probably even longer off the putter too  😂

Serious about all but putter, apparently it is a relatively big jump.
I understand it will be a TP5 and/or TP5x 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dalehead said:

Always have my doubts about anyone who uses their first post to tout a product.

"very reliable sources"

Reliable can mean a lot of different things there.
GIF by South Park

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

On 12/28/2020 at 2:25 PM, mjbaker80 said:

They are a tiny bit harder to get...they don’t sell them as widely as the ProV1 and 1X.  My pro shop was able to order a couple boxes for me but I’d be very surprised if I order any more.  I just want to play it in real golf weather before I move on.  

It’s hard, but it’s also played on tour and none of those guys are gonna play rocks.

It’s wildly low spin (see TXG review) but goes a mile.  Interesting, a lot of shorter hitters in tour ended up playing it perhaps bc they know how crucial distance is now.  

it’s not insane, but it’s hard, IMO 

On 12/28/2020 at 5:30 PM, lakecowboy said:

I want this as well!  I liked the Left Dash, but the TP5X is just way easier to get ahold of.  Had to have my club order my Left Dashes.

You can order directly from The titleist website. Also hear they may make them more available at shops this year