What'd You Shoot Today?

Gxgolfer

Due to a wicked case of asthma, nothing. I want to move to the desert .

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Not today, but this is my first time on the forum since playing on Monday. Shot a PR 85! Driver struggled early on, but my irons were about as crisp as I have ever struck them! Had some interesting plays as well.

On the Par 5 6th, I blocked my drive right, tried to hoist my 2nd over trees back into the fairway (no good window below), got hung up, punched my 5 through the fairway to about 105 but on a terrible slope with trees preventing a wedge shot, punch and run draw with my 8i to about 10 feet on the back fringe, a chip and a putt for a bogey that felt like birdie.

On the par 3 8th, I thinned a five iron right into a goose's behind and two putted for par

On the par 4 9th, I attempted a hero shot (terrible idea)and made a lucky triple bogey. 

On the par 4 10th, I duffed my tee shot into a hazard, dropped and left my 6i short right of the green from about 185, left a short sided pitch short of the green with my 60, then chipped in with my 9i to save bogey.

On the par 4 13th hole, I stuck a knockdown PW from about 125 to 3 feet for a birdie...followed by to PBFU doubles on 14 and 15😅

On the par 3 17th, I left my tee shot short left and chipped in from about 10 yards for birdie with my 9i.

Overall, my absolute best round. Granted, the green complexes weren't terribly sophisticated, but the course was very wet and the back 9 plays fairly tight. Tee to green I felt in control.

• Like 1

Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 9.75*

3W - Cobra RadSpeed Draw 14.5*

5W - Callaway Epic Flash 18*

7W - Taylormade M4 5HL 21*

5H - Callaway Rogue 24*

Irons - Taylormade P790 6-PW

Wedges - TM Milled Grind 50* & 54* | Hi-Toe 60*

Putter - Nike Method Converge B1-01

Grips - MCC clone| Ball - TP5

Golf is so dumb. 

I was the first out this morning - no warm up and I haven’t played in 3 weeks. I somehow manage to get it on the green in two and of course I drain the 35-footer for bird. Never made a birdie at 6:15 am before!

Two holes later I four-putted for a triple.  What a stupid sport. 

But I kept it together and shot 81 (43-38) with two birdies - my putting was still really terrible. I think I’m gonna swap putters. 

I broke 100 for the first time with a smooth 99.

I played as a single and was paired with another single and a twosome.  All the other guys wanted to play from the back tees.  I usually play from the combo tees, but I didn't want to be the only one holding up the group.  

My fist drive was really good and left me about 70 out.  Hit a lob wedge and 2 putted for par.  This scarred me because when I do well on the first hole, I usually fall apart afterward.  Tripled hole 2, but then went bogie, bogie par.  Another +3, +4, +1, +1 to finish the front at 50 on the nose. 

Back went +2, +1, par, par, +2, +2, par, +2.  My dumb-a looked at the score at that point.  Was sitting at a 91.  All I had to was 8 or better.  I proceed to top my drive which missed a deer by less than a foot.  Drop 2, and hit a 3i will to get to about 120.  I was in the short rough so I decided to go with a 9i.  I fly the green, pitch, then chip to the green.  2 putt for the greatest snowman of my life.  Below 90 is next on the agenda.  Cutting out the 6 penalty strokes would be a good start. 

edit: I also found 22 balls tying my personal best. 

Edited by dugue4
  • Like 3

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics 722E

5w - Sub 70 949X

4H - Ping G425

4-6i i200s

7-UW i210s

56*, 60* - Sub 70 286

Putter - Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Ball - Vice Pro Zero 

Played this morning to try and keep the momentum going from my round yesterday.  It didn’t work. 61 through 9 then the rain came and saved me.  I hate this game sometimes. 

5w - Sub 70 949X

4H - Ping G425

4-6i i200s

7-UW i210s

56*, 60* - Sub 70 286

Ball - Vice Pro Zero 

7 minutes ago, dugue4 said:

Played this morning to try and keep the momentum going from my round yesterday.  It didn’t work. 61 through 9 then the rain came and saved me.  I hate this game sometimes. 

Played 9 holes 3 times last week and was playing great then sunday came and I hit my first drive down the middle well that was the last good shot i hit. Second shot i rolled it 100 yards to 10 ft and 3 putted. I was topping shots, popping up my drives 10 yards off tee box, shanking shots you name it i did it. shot high 90s on a course i havent been over 86 on all year. I hit my driver so good then i get to a round where it counts and I collapse like a lawn chair. Hate/Love this game. 

BTW congrats on breaking 100!!!! remember my first time. Now on to breaking 90!

Back playing (mostly practicing) after a few year layoff.  When I first started, I played only maybe 2.5 summers before getting a nagging back injury lifting weights.  Been making an effort to get back into it now that I can swing without any sharp pain, which has been going well, but my scores are in the gutter.  

Played 18 alone last night and scored a 105.  Not the best I’m capable of, but certainly not the worst, either.  Next step, get some lessons (I have messages in to three area teaching pros) and probably better fill out the bag.  LFG.

Played an impromptu round this morning (probably my last for a while because of work) and played well (for me).  I signed up for a tee time as a single and there was supposed to be a group of 3, but they never showed, so off I went solo.

89 going into 18, coming off a birdie on 17, I hit a phenomenal drive to put me about 120 out.  Go to play an easy PW and chunk it.  Sitting about 80 out, my lob wedge doesn't make the green, but it does make the creek in front though.  Drop 4, on the green in 5.  20 footer goes way long, 15 footer to about 3 feet, lip out the 3 footer, tap in 9 for a new PB 98.

Other than 18, I had a lot of fun.  I had a slow group in front and no one behind me so I looked in the tall grass, bushes, creeks, etc. for balls while waiting for the group ahead to clear and I ended up with a new record of 48.

edit- 2 of the balls I found were balatas 

Edited by dugue4
  • Like 1

5w - Sub 70 949X

4H - Ping G425

4-6i i200s

7-UW i210s

56*, 60* - Sub 70 286

Ball - Vice Pro Zero 

I posted in here a few days ago after a PB, but got a new 9 hole PB ready to go already after swapping the shafts in Driver and 2i. This bad boy brought me down to a 1.0, getting closer...

Was playing 9 holes with my girlfriend for the first time ever, she finally expressed interest so no finishing the 18 for me. She made a legit par too. Missed a 6 footer for an eagle on 9 hands a lil shaky

32.png.df39892d913d5eb961a11c57edd5c099.png

Edited by rooski
  • Like 1

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

Shot 80 at Nashville National.  First time playing it, so happy with that. I am going back and break 80 next time. It is one fun course to play. The heat was rough later on, as it sits in a valley next to water.  Beautiful course sitting in the hills. 

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

Even par 73, had one sloppy 3 putt from 18 feet and was green side in two on two part 5s and didn't pitch it close for good birdie looks, but other wise a good day

16283738639313277831663468637803.jpg

Edited by PixlPutterman
  • Like 1

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Attas-T2 9x

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

75-79. First rounds after 2 weeks off.

Solid 1 Birdie 2 Bogey 1 Double opener.

Second round I started Bogey Bogey Bogey Bogey Bogey Par Double with 3 penalty strokes. I made a couple birdies on the back to squeeze out the 79.

G430 LST 9 Matrix 50M4 R Black Tie

BRNR Mini 11.5 Midr Proto 65R

Apex UW 2021 17 Smoke Black RDX 70 5.5

TSR2 21 & 24 AV Raw Blue 75R

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

RTX Full Face Black 54 60 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 CH 34in SS Pistol 1.0

Srixon Q Star Tour 

Shot an 89 which was higher than normal but switching over to a new swing technique and without any practice. (Rationalization is necessary part of my game. )

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:52 PM, rooski said:

Just shot even par on 18 holes for the first time in my life, Including my first 9 holes under par at -2 on the back

Four three putts on the day.. what could have been

image.png.79bdfeee67962a30eacfa950601f29f1.png

Congrats on the eagle. 

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

1 hour ago, Qqq123xx said:

Congrats on the eagle. 

Thanks. Unfortunately wasn't a cool hole out from the fairway or anything, 330y par 4, pin was a bit front and I drove it to a foot and a half for a tap in. It was perfectly on line just a touch short

Edited by rooski
  • Like 1

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

It was a weird 4 day golf bender for me. 

First round was a 73, and I’m not exaggerating when I say I had 5 drives that were within a few feet of going out of bounds. Didn’t strike the ball solidly, but I had 26 putts. 

Second round was also a 73, and still didn’t hit the ball well, but executed the short par 5s for birdies and drained a couple long bombs on some other holes.

Yesterday was a lackluster 83 with 7 birdies!!! On all four par-3s, I hit it inside 2 feet on each hole. A round full of doubles and triples. Started the round with 8 balls and played the last 4 holes with one.  

Today, I hit 3 GIR and shot 3-over 75. Felt like I was catching the middle of the club face on every iron shot, but I was short on just about every green. 

Few weeks off where I won’t have time to play, then back at it! 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 5:30 PM, 13ITZ said:

Not a good day. Saturday Men's league - 97. Tough from the start and lucky to break a hundred. But I'll play the same course again tomorrow with some buddies so maybe it will be better. Always a good time though.

Same course, a few different pins and tees but a personal best 83. Had a chip in from the bunker for birdie on a par 3, also three 3-putts. Great weather and a good group of guys made it a fun day.

• Like 2

Yesterday:

86 and just mediocre play all around. Didn't play horrible but just didn't score well.

Driving was decent, iron play was way below average, short game was average, and putting was okay.

It felt like a very un-miraculous and un-interesting round of golf. A lot of bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey. No highs and no lows.

Disappointing round as I have been trending towards low 80's consistently looking to break into high 70s. These rounds happen I suppose. Lesson on Wednesday just to tune up.

• Like 1

I broke par for the first time ever today and I feel dissatisfied. Shot a 70 (par 71) but left so much out there. 

I was 5 under through 13 holes. 4 under on the front nine and just playing such good golf with minimal effort. No stress, just enjoying myself. 

Made a few mistakes as nerves set in to close out the round and that bothered me. Gotta get used to playing low like that more often. 

• Like 2