G400 Max...Holy Cow!!!

drumdude96drumdude96 Members Posts: 846
I just picked up my new G400 Max driver after an excruciating 12 day wait and boy was it worth it! This thing is the most forgiving club I've ever had in my hands. Due to not having long enough tees, I didn't catch a single ball in the dead center of the face, but they still took off like rockets. I made a couple of very stinky swings that I was sure would go nowhere, and the ball still took off like I almost hit it in the screws. Good gravy, this club is sooooo good!!!!! I ordered mine in 10.5° with stock Alta stiff at 44.75" D3 swingweight. Brought it home and checked it and everything is dead nuts perfect. Nice job PING! But I don't know how they are gonna top this one! I'm just not sure how a better club could even be made. I'm going to pick up some longer tees so that I can catch the ball higher on the face and who knows how far the ball is gonna fly?! And the sound and feel are fantastic, as well. The G400 Max is not just a home run, it's a grand slam! (Can you guys tell I'm excited? LOL)
PING G400 Max 10.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI TX 44.75"
Taylormade 2017 M1 15° 3 wood Diamana 'ahina 70 S
PING G25 20° Hybrid TFC 189 S
Titleist 915H 24° Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist 915H 27° Dynamic Gold S300
Mizuno MP-57 6-PW Dynamic Gold S300
PING Glide 54° SS KBS 610 125
PING Glide 58° TS KBS 610 125
Inazone XC-7 33"
«13456726

Comments

  • JOHN GOLIAJOHN GOLIA On the Bubble Members Posts: 1,256 ClubWRX
    Congrats. It is a very good driver. image/fan_1.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fan_1:' />
  • McgeenoMcgeeno Members Posts: 1,960 ✭✭
    Yeah, in a word: Forgiveness.



    The thing isnt my longest driver ever. But there are some shots in a round I hit that just have no business ending up where they do.



    Its silly how safe and confident this club makes me feel on a tee box.
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,599 ✭✭
    drumdude96 wrote:


    I just picked up my new G400 Max driver after an excruciating 12 day wait and boy was it worth it! This thing is the most forgiving club I've ever had in my hands. Due to not having long enough tees, I didn't catch a single ball in the dead center of the face, but they still took off like rockets. I made a couple of very stinky swings that I was sure would go nowhere, and the ball still took off like I almost hit it in the screws. Good gravy, this club is sooooo good!!!!! I ordered mine in 10.5° with stock Alta stiff at 44.75" D3 swingweight. Brought it home and checked it and everything is dead nuts perfect. Nice job PING! But I don't know how they are gonna top this one! I'm just not sure how a better club could even be made. I'm going to pick up some longer tees so that I can catch the ball higher on the face and who knows how far the ball is gonna fly?! And the sound and feel are fantastic, as well. The G400 Max is not just a home run, it's a grand slam! (Can you guys tell I'm excited? LOL)




    Dude - http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580658-ping-g400-max-driver/

    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-4 48, 52, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 56* DGS300
    Cleveland RTX-3, 64 DGS300

    Evnroll 1.2 (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • buzlinbuzlin Members Posts: 971 ✭✭
    They'll top it when they come out with a G400 Max LST, using hot melt or some insert to mute the sound/feel (I suspect that's what the staffers are playing). Upon release my head will explode.
    G400 LST, Tour 75 stiff
    915F 15, Rogue Black stiff
    913H, 19, 21, Tour Green stiff
    Miura CB57 4/5-pw KBS Tour stiff (or Tourstage 909 4/5-pw)
    Vokey, SM6, 50F, 54S, 58M
    Never Compromise Portofino
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,010 ClubWRX
    buzlin wrote:


    They'll top it when they come out with a G400 Max LST, using hot melt or some insert to mute the sound/feel (I suspect that's what the staffers are playing). Upon release my head will explode.




    I don't think the MAX needs to be any more LST...LOL It's already a really low spinning head combined with the ultimate forgiveness. Against my regular G400 with the same shaft it was about 300 rpm less, GC2 reading around 1800 rpm AND it launches high. I would agree... I'd love to see how Ping will top this one.
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* HZRDUS yellow 76 6.0 
    Cobra F9 14.5* Atmos blue 7s
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15 CB Nippon Modus 120s  4-P
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • DeepforkDeepfork Go Pokes! Members Posts: 171 ✭✭
    I agree with the OP. My G400 Max is so straight it's like cheating! I mean unbelievably straight. For me, it's a miracle club. Your mileage may vary.
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members Posts: 5,901 ✭✭
    buzlin wrote:
    They'll top it when they come out with a G400 Max LST, using hot melt or some insert to mute the sound/feel (I suspect that's what the staffers are playing). Upon release my head will explode.




    I’ll be first in line for a G400 Max LST or a G400 Max 8 degree.
  • golfgirlrobingolfgirlrobin Members Posts: 2,308 ✭✭
    Half the people I know bought one after trying mine. Ping ought to be giving me a cut.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Fairway: Epic Flash 14* & 20*
    Hybrid: Ping G410 22*
    Irons: TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
    Wedges: Callaway 2019 PM Grind 59* and 64*
    Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch
    Ball:  Titleist Pro V1
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,721 ✭✭
    Buddy of mine just got one, loves it! Says he is straighter and longer with it.
    All Mizuno bag for this year.
    ST-190 Driver, 3/5 wood
    919F 4-pw Nippon 105R
    S18 50, 54, 60
    Spider X putter
    TP5(2018)


    Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
  • JDCONJDCON Members Posts: 204 ✭✭
    I have not hit a Ping club since I was in junior high and played Ping Zing 2s. However, I keep seeing them and hearing about them - more and more it would seem. Since I'm in the market (who isn't around here?) I'm really tempted to give Ping a try.
    Derp Derp Derp.
  • mlessermlesser Members Posts: 452 ✭✭
    Best Driver on the market, I moved to that thing this year and dropped a handful of shots this year thanks to this thing (and I am a single digit). Your misses you just shake your head like "I have no business being in the fairway right now".
  • Russ757Russ757 Members Posts: 7,654 ✭✭
    Ugh.. You guys are making it hard not to try. Absolute worst part of my game is from the tee.
    WITB Link
    Bag 1
    TM 2017 M2 10.25 * Tour Ad DI 6
    TM 2017 3HL 16.5* Tour Ad Di 7
    TM M1 Rescue 19.5 Tour Ad Di 85
    Srixon U65 22* Tour Ad 95
    Srixon 565/765 5-9 110 Fibers
    Cleveland RTX 4 47*, 51*, 55*, 59* 125 Fibers
    Cameron Del Mar


    Bag 2
    Cobra F6+ 10.5 * Fubuki Alpha 70
    Cobra Baffler 16* Fubuki Ax 85
    Cobra F7 19.5* Fubuki Ax 465
    Cleveland 588 MT 4 95 Fiber
    Srixon ZTX-2 5-PW 110 Fiber
    Cleveland RTX2 51*, 55* 59* 125 Fiber
    Odyssey X Milled 9ht
  • JoeJoeJoeUrBoatJoeJoeJoeUrBoat Members Posts: 692 ✭✭
    Russ757 wrote:


    Ugh.. You guys are making it hard not to try. Absolute worst part of my game is from the tee.




    You and me both... Let's buy one together and drop our handicap by 3-4 strokes.
    TS2 10.5* Tour Ad Di 6s
    TS2 15* Tour Ad Di 7s
    P790 UDI HZRDUS Black 6.0
    4-9 718 AP2 PX 6.0
    SM7 (46.10.F, 50.08.F, 54.10.S, 58.08.M) 
    Rory McIlroy Scotty Cameron SSS
  • Hunter991Hunter991 Members Posts: 250
    I would really like to try this driver, however i can't stand the way it looks. WAY to busy on the top. There is no need for half that crap. Just make a nice looking driver for a change. Dragon fly, dimples... wth is all that. Not needed and reminds me of a toy. I am sure it performs, just wish they didn't have all that on the crown.
  • mukstermukster Is this the year? North of the 49thMembers Posts: 3,500 ✭✭
    Hunter991 wrote:


    I would really like to try this driver, however i can't stand the way it looks. WAY to busy on the top. There is no need for half that crap. Just make a nice looking driver for a change. Dragon fly, dimples... wth is all that. Not needed and reminds me of a toy. I am sure it performs, just wish they didn't have all that on the crown.


    If it actually was as forgiving, long and straight as everybody claims, I would play it even if it had a hi-res color photograph of The Donald on the crown.
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic Subzero 13.5, Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 65
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood, Tensei Blue shaft
    Nickent 3D 3 hybrid, generic shaft
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons, KBS Tour V shafts
    Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
  • JasonicJasonic Gamer Banned Posts: 3,571 ✭✭
    edited Jun 27, 2018 #17
    mukster wrote:

    Hunter991 wrote:


    I would really like to try this driver, however i can't stand the way it looks. WAY to busy on the top. There is no need for half that crap. Just make a nice looking driver for a change. Dragon fly, dimples... wth is all that. Not needed and reminds me of a toy. I am sure it performs, just wish they didn't have all that on the crown.


    If it actually was as forgiving, long and straight as everybody claims, I would play it even if it had a hi-res color photograph of The Donald on the crown.




    Learn not get crazy now
    2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
    Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
    Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
    Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
    Ping Anser OG
    Snell MTB Black
  • mktroutmktrout Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
    wondering what shaft and flex you guys play in this? Ive heard their stock shaft is pretty decent. Depending on the brand I bounce back and forth from a stiff to and extra stiff, around a 108mph swing speed.
    Taylormade M5
    Taylormade M4 3HL
    Taylormade M4 5wd
    Srixon 585 w/ Pro Modus 120
    Cleveland CBX 54*, 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Bridgestone BXS
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,852 ✭✭
    Also picked mine up yesterday. (see sig)



    Goodness, it's like cheating. Very straight, the looks issue can be overlooked on performance alone
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Bothell, WAMembers Posts: 548 ✭✭
    mktrout wrote:


    wondering what shaft and flex you guys play in this? Ive heard their stock shaft is pretty decent. Depending on the brand I bounce back and forth from a stiff to and extra stiff, around a 108mph swing speed.
    give the tour 65 stiff a chance. I get up that high on my fastest and was still performing beautifully.
    Titleist 910d3 8.5
    Callaway diablo edge tour 15
    Adams A7 19
    Adam's pro mini 23
    Bridgestone J36 pc 5-pw
    Cleveland Rtx3 50,54,58
    Ping karsten piper
    2018 Players 5 stand bag
    Srixon Z Star xv
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 4,010 ClubWRX
    Russ757 wrote:


    Ugh.. You guys are making it hard not to try. Absolute worst part of my game is from the tee.




    If the driver is a weak part of your game, this driver is an absolute must try. I have tried it with a couple different shafts and it performs with each one but I prefer the HZRDUS yellow 76.
    Taylormade M2 2017 9.5* HZRDUS yellow 76 6.0 
    Cobra F9 14.5* Atmos blue 7s
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Bridgestone J15 CB Nippon Modus 120s  4-P
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • mbarnockimbarnocki Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    I got one and its OK.I think I should have gone x-stiff on the tour shaft though, ss is 105-110ish. For some awful reason I bought it after demoing it at the end of a long demo day where I had several iron fittings before I even tried the drivers.



    My first few drives of the day are good. Then i start over drawing the ball, until that turns into a block.



    It's OK, can sound terrible at times and launches high with low spin. I like it and will probably stick with it, but I am not as floored as others.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Tensei Blue AV 55 S
    Cobra King F9 Tour 3-4 at 15* Atmos Tour spec blue 6S
    Nike VR Pro 2 Hybrid PX 6.0
    Nike VR Pro 4 Hybrid PX 6.0
    JPX 900 Tour 5-9 Modus 120 X
    Vokey 46, 50, 54, 60 PX LX 6.0(46, and 50), KBS Tour V X, S200
    Cleveland Huntington Beach Number 1 35"
    Snell MTB-X
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,259 ✭✭
    I really want to get my hands on one but I also love the way my M2 sounds and feels. Worried the MAX wiill spin up a bit too much for me also.
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,852 ✭✭
    OH, I would like to add a Canadian would say "Holy Mackinaw"
    Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi White 65s
    Ping G25 7w 20* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Ping G25 4h 23* Diamana White 92s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping s55 6-PW Fujikura mci 100s
    Vokey sm2 50* 54* 59* 64* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • PoolpartyPoolparty Members Posts: 170
    I *thought* I liked the Max as much as anyone. Then I opened this thread.
    Stiff
  • krcnokrcno Members Posts: 299 ✭✭
    I just ordered one .... 9* with a 60 x tour ad di....
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tour AD DI Black 60 X
    Ping I25 14* Tour AD DI 83x
    Adams 18* hybrid tour issue Proforce V2 104g X
    Ping s55 4-PW KBS C-taper 125 S+
    Ping Glide Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* KBS C-Taper 125 S+
    2014 Newport 2 Scotty Cameron putter
    2018 Srixon Staff Bag
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,223 ✭✭
    I can’t do it. No matter how good it is. Dragonflies and titulators. I walk by it in the store and I just throw up a little in my mouth. So nasty.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • rainkingjrrainkingjr Members Posts: 2,582 ✭✭
    mukster wrote:

    Hunter991 wrote:


    I would really like to try this driver, however i can't stand the way it looks. WAY to busy on the top. There is no need for half that crap. Just make a nice looking driver for a change. Dragon fly, dimples... wth is all that. Not needed and reminds me of a toy. I am sure it performs, just wish they didn't have all that on the crown.


    If it actually was as forgiving, long and straight as everybody claims, I would play it even if it had a hi-res color photograph of The Donald on the crown.
    I already have one, but if they put the Donald on the crown, I'd buy one. Call it the G400MAGA
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,606 ✭✭
    edited Jun 27, 2018 #29


    I can’t do it. No matter how good it is. Dragonflies and titulators. I walk by it in the store and I just throw up a little in my mouth. So nasty.


    Who cares what looks like if it performs and sounds like it flat out does.
  • pxthreepxthree Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Has anyone put a TPT shaft into the G400 Max?
  • wobgonwobgon Members Posts: 7,502 ✭✭
    ssfranny wrote:



    I can't do it. No matter how good it is. Dragonflies and titulators. I walk by it in the store and I just throw up a little in my mouth. So nasty.


    Who cares what looks like if it performs and sounds like it flat out does.


    Jagpilotohio
Sign In or Register to comment.