ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Ping Blueprint forged irons- New photos added page 27

1151617181921»

Comments

• GolfMonster09GolfMonster09 PING Staff 2019 Advanced Members Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    I can confirm 212.50 per stick steel shafted. Available mid May.
    PING G410 9* (Set to 7.5*, weight neutral) - Tensei Pro White TX 60
    PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro White TX 70
    PING i500 3 iron - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
    PING iBlade 4-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
    PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
    PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Advanced Members Posts: 29,883 ✭✭

Thanks man, your info is always spot on!!
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,560
    Soooooo all I have to do is find $1400 by May? Sounds simple. image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Advanced Members Posts: 11,362 ✭✭
    End of May confirmed

Didn't get to hit one today sadly
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Zing 2 BeCu s2 54.5* & s3 57.5*
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • matchavezmatchavez Advanced Members Posts: 4,022 ✭✭

Can you also confirm it's a wide release?
    matchavez wrote:

All I was told is that it will not be a limited release. Whether that means full availability worldwide I’m not sure. Hopinfkr more info tomorrow.
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • buntabunta Advanced Members Posts: 501 ✭✭

matchavez wrote:

All I was told is that it will not be a limited release. Whether that means full availability worldwide I'm not sure. Hopinfkr more info tomorrow.

get us some latest scoop on the S series or Iblade 2.0 !

ill come clean your whole house.
    TS3 9.5
    I500 4-U
    Glide 54,60
    Ardmore
    bunta wrote:

matchavez wrote:

All I was told is that it will not be a limited release. Whether that means full availability worldwide I'm not sure. Hopinfkr more info tomorrow.

get us some latest scoop on the S series or Iblade 2.0 !

ill come clean your whole house.

Y’all know I’ll give that info as soon as I hear anything. And trust me, with a newborn I need the house cleaned...
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • buntabunta Advanced Members Posts: 501 ✭✭

Y'all know I'll give that info as soon as I hear anything. And trust me, with a newborn I need the house cleaned...

If you get us the good sh*t.. ill change diapers too.
    TS3 9.5
    I500 4-U
    Glide 54,60
    Ardmore
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Advanced Members Posts: 7,602 ✭✭
    Ping demo day at the end of the month. Dare to dream that a Blueprint is there.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • ForeleftForeleft Advanced Members Posts: 2,100 ✭✭
    They will readily available on BST, when early adopters quickly realize they don’t have a prayer of hitting them well.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Advanced Members Posts: 24,211 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Peanut191 wrote:

matchavez wrote:

Power spec available?

Since they're a one-piece forging, I imagine you can bend the **** out of them.

"Power Spec" is simply bending them forward to the limit of reasonability. YMMV.

So, on the power spec and retro loft, they don’t have a different cast to keep the bounce the same as standard spec?

Nope. It’s simply bent strong or weak. Bounce moves accordingly. Not really ground breaking. Lol.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X
    Ping i500 pre-production proto 3 iron Graphite Design AD DI 105X
    Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged 50 54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • Pinging77Pinging77 Members Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Foreleft wrote:

They will readily available on BST, when early adopters quickly realize they don’t have a prayer of hitting them well.

Easily the best post of the day..
  • grickygricky Members Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I'm pumped. Hopefully I can give them a whirl when I am in Phoenix in a few weeks.

What are folks going to do for the long irons? I think 5 is the lowest I'll go as blade format... But need to replace the 4 with something. I wish ping had some more forged options as players cavity backs. I bet these will feel great, even compared to some of the Japanese forgings.
    gricky wrote:

I'm pumped. Hopefully I can give them a whirl when I am in Phoenix in a few weeks.

What are folks going to do for the long irons? I think 5 is the lowest I'll go as blade format... But need to replace the 4 with something. I wish ping had some more forged options as players cavity backs. I bet these will feel great, even compared to some of the Japanese forgings.

I was thinking about that. I'm not sure if I'm going to go 4-P in Blueprint, 3 iBlade. Or go 3-P in Blueprint and keep the i500 3 in the bag...
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • dpb5031dpb5031 Advanced Members Posts: 4,935 ✭✭
    I'm pretty certain Ping will get it right in terms of feel since these are pretty much a true MB blade. I'm a firm believer that having that solid mass centered directly behind the sweetspot (true MB blades) is what provides the coveted soft feel, not so much the manufacturing process of forged v. cast or even the metal used, regardless of what the marketers would like us to believe.

Why do you think even Mizuno, the forged standard for OEMs, puts vibration dampening materials behind the sweetspot of their thin faced perimeter weighted offerings (900 forged, etc). If the forging process and the 1020 carbon steel by itself were the reason for soft feel this really wouldnt be necessary, no?

Anyway, I digress. The Blueprints are pretty much true MBs save for the toe ****. My guess is they'll feel great.
    USGA Index: ~2

WITB:
    2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
    Ping G 22 Hybrid (2 flat) - Ping Tour 80 S
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Advanced Members Posts: 11,362 ✭✭
    iblades or s55's or rapture J's to 6 iron for me

7-PW in blueprints
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Zing 2 BeCu s2 54.5* & s3 57.5*
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • dmarvasodmarvaso Advanced Members Posts: 259
    i am ordering the full set, if 2-w is availible, that what i am buying. not that i am good enough to hit 2-4 consistantly, however they sure will be fun to play with.
    Ping G400 LST 10*
    Ping G400 14.5*
    Ping iBlade 3-W
    Titleist Vokey 54*/60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3
    edited March 12
    According to a Japanese golf shop owner I knew when I lived in Japan, if these are 8620 forging they won’t be well received in Asia. Definite material snobs..
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Advanced Members Posts: 1,581 ✭✭
    Foreleft wrote:

Isn't that what we're all banking on so we can pick them up at a discount after they've been lightly used for 1 range session...
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: He who shall not be named...[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 816H1 21 Degree w/Accra 182H M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7 [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Callaway ChromeSoft 2018 (Yellow)[/font]

gricky wrote:

I was thinking about that. I'm not sure if I'm going to go 4-P in Blueprint, 3 iBlade. Or go 3-P in Blueprint and keep the i500 3 in the bag...

I'm keeping the 4-iron i500. You'll want the option to blast that on occasion. I know I do. There are those spots 200+ where only an iron will do, and I'd rather have the pop.
  • Big BenBig Ben Advanced Members Posts: 8,895 ✭✭
    edited March 16
    BST will be your friend when it comes to Blueprints. Ping will introduce these first knowing darn well these same players will end up with iBade 2.0’s or God forbid i210’s. Just the nature of a muscleback. Last I checked Ping hasn’t made its hay selling forgings. BB
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Advanced Members Posts: 10,263 ✭✭
    If these are a hot commodity, they won’t sell for much less than retail on BST. Heck, they might sell for more than retail.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Big BenBig Ben Advanced Members Posts: 8,895 ✭✭
    Are we taking about the same BST? This forum is NOT the place to make money on equipment. Maybe the first one or two sets that show up for novelty sake but after that no chance.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
    Holy Moses wrote:

If these are a hot commodity, they won't sell for much less than retail on BST. Heck, they might sell for more than retail.

Not if it's a wide release. If it were a "2 per rep" kind of thing, that's different.
    edited March 17
    Will be interesting to hear their take on “forging” Forged ansers and Forged Glides are not forgings in the strict sense of the term. All 8620 material. Mizuno MP 18 & S 18 Wedges are 1025 forgings that start with a billet not with a cast head..hit it a few times with a die and call it a forging..They were honest on the wedges saying they were Forged 8620, let’s see what the Blueprints are. Conversely a lot of people like the feel of the Glide 2.0 Stealth wedges better that are cast 8620 (like many OEMs)

The first 2 sets of irons Ping sold were the only true forgings to date In 1959 Karsten ordered heads from the best forging house in the U.S. ...Golfcraft (later Titleist) called Ping 68 and 69. He milled out the MB to increase perimeter weighting (and probably the first Forged CB). Less than 200 sets were made.. today a single iron from those sets collectors will pay $700 for..
    Post edited by Unknown User on