Cost is no object, what are you playing?

OsnolaKinnard

I am sitting in a freaking hurricane (literally) and am bored. 

If cost were no object, what clubs would you be playing?

Today, mine would look like this.

Callaway Maverik Sub Zero set at 9.5*, square, with a KBS Tour Driven 70 gram Category 3 shaft at 44.5" long and a D4 SW

FW wood would be a Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro at 16* with the same shaft as my driver.

Hybrids would be my old Kasco K2K in 19 and 22*, but completely refinished and made to look as new. Same factory K2K shafts in stiff flex. I know there are more modern choices available, but I simply have never seen or hit a club that is as dependable and versatile and easy to use as these. I will stay with them.

My 5 and 6 iron would be Miura CB57's. I have hit these before, and love the look and feel. I would have them shafted the Paderson Kinettix 'Single length" shafts with 95 gram, stiff flex, and mid iron profile. They would be based off of a 39" 5 iron and 38.5" 6 iron. I would have the heads bent 2* upright and at 26 and 30* loft. I would have to find some sort of cool 'red, white and blue' themed ferrule and paint fill for them. I would have any club shafted that needs a ferrule with this same theme.

My 7-9 irons would be Miura MB101's, but they would be set up for 'single length' play. I would have them 2* upright and lofts of 35, 40, and 45*. I would have these shafted with the Paderson Kinettix single length shafts. 95Gram, stiff flex, Short Iron Profile all at 37.5" long

My PW, SW, and LW would be an interesting trip to Artisan Golf for a full fitting. I would go with whatever fit and 'do it all' grind they came up with, as well as shaft fitting. Loft would be 50, 55 and 60. I would push for the Paderson Kinnetix shafts I have in the other wedges, but again, if the fitting came up or showed something with 'better results', I'd go with it. I would ask for them to be all the same length, lie, and weight, but at the +1" over standard length wedges...again, pending results of the fitting.

I am going to have to have two putters. One of them just because I like the way it is shaped and looks, but the other to really play and use. The vanity putter is the Scotty Cameron Special Select Del Mar. This is, IMO, the best shaped putter I have ever seen. It just looks attractive to my eye, and I dig it. I do not put 'poorly' with it, but there are better options for me. My every day putter would be a face balanced Scotty Cameron Newport 2. I would get fit, and make sure it was the right putter for me.

All of my club would have Best Grips leather grips. The Driver, FW wood and Hybrids would have Blue. The 5-9 irons will have white grips, and the PW-LW will have Red Grips...and I chose that order because RED is to remind me that I want to make a birdie...and be 'in the red'.

Since I no longer will walk and play...I am going to have to get a cool bag. I will want some sort of Texas themed golf bag. I'd probably collaborate with Best Grips and whomever makes a really cool staff bag. I am thinking some combination of "come and take it", Lonestar Flag, Red white and blue...that sort of thing.

Curious, what would your 'cost is no object' bag look like?

Interesting answers

Yes i have two sets of Mizuno, 2 great Putters and a great 54 and 60.

Two Ping drivers, do need a 4 wood say TS2

so damn interesting i dont need much...

Will look at New Level 623 as they have that

beautiful Tourstage look...apologies for such a short ho list ?

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

I would have three sets.

Playing good set - Callaway's mixed possibly with other OEM'S GI setup.

Playing well set - Callaway's mixed with other OEM's players distance setup.

Playing great set - Miura irons with Callaway and other OEM's player's distance setup.

Don't ask which one would get used the least but the most desirable.

Missed the KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft..for Xmas

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

Miura.

And lessons to be able to use them well.

Driver: Cobra LTDx 10.5° Helium Nanocore

Fairway: Cobra RADSPEED 18.5° Motore X

Hybrids: Titleist TSi2 21°, 24° TENSEI AV RAW Blue

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP1 24° Recoil 780

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 AMT Red

Wedges: Vokey SM8 48°, 54° Dynamic Gold; SM7 60° Modus3

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Not sure..... whatever Ian from TXG builds up for me after my custom fitting

• Like 2

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

I’m not wealthy but am blessed to be able to play the clubs that I like. I wouldn’t change anything that’s listed in my signature below but I do swap between irons and hybrids. Now many years ago when I was making minimum wage while running a weed eater at a local golf course and just getting started in the game I thought only rich people played Pings. Good times.

Ping G425 LST 9*
Ping G400 3W

Ping G425 Max 7W
Ping G410 4H, 5H, 6H
Ping G425 7H

Ping G410 8-U

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 2 54*

Ping G410 L
SC Special Select NP2 35”

For the most part my bag would remain the same. Some tweaks. But I would be open to flying to TXG and having everything built to Ian’s fitting but if I go off my fits here below would be my tweaks

Driver/3 wood - keep same.

2 iron - maybe switch shaft to GOS shaft in TX or get Tx Tensei instead if made for

Irons - I’d get all custom black finished and black project x 6.5 shafts

wedges - have custom SM8 Raw in lefty

putter - I would have a custom Scotty X5 lefty all black with Stability Tour shaft

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

I've assembled pretty much my dream bag on a super budget. Sure it's not all fit for me but they work and I can't find anything else I even want to try. I have the driver, irons, wedges, and putter I've been drooling over for a while so I'm super content. Sometimes I'll catch myself just staring at my bag because it looks so good to me

• Like 1

I'm pretty content with my bag too.

But, the folks at Artisan could build me something nice, I am sure. I don't think I have anything done by the man himself, Don White. Though I do have a set of Mac Pro-82s that have some nice flat soles.

I'd probably go with Miura wedges over the Clevelands too. I've never hit more accurate wedges and I don't have problems with getting spin.

I could stand a driver and 3-wood fitting too. In Japan, I'd probably have to go to Tokyo. Basically no where else (besides the Mizuno flagship in Osaka) has X shafts for woods, so it's a lot of trial and error.

Either way, the bag I have right now should stand up for a year or two at least (with a few tweaks)

Every club would remain the same (Epic Flash SZ & 3W / JPX 919 Tours / Honma & TM wedges / custom Scotty) with one exception:

If money was no object I’d change my 190-200 yd club every week... Irons... hybrids... it doesn’t matter. I just can’t hit that distance reliably. It’s a block or a hook every time.

At least having a different, random club every week would give me another excuse as to why I can’t execute that shot.

First off, @OsnolaKinnard I hope you guys are safe down there....
I'll start with irons... I would get National Custom Works to make me a couple new sets of Golden Ram Tour Grinds, with the only effective change being a bit of leading edge to trailing edge camber, and maybe a couple degrees bounce added. Lofts would be 4* increments from 18* 2 iron to 50* PW. Shafts, I'm not certain, but probably one set in Nippon Modus 125, the other in a 125g or so graphite. Actually, if I could find a couple sets of NV 130 iron shafts, I'd be happy, but failing that, perhaps I'd look at Recoil Protos, MMTs, or similar.
I'd see if they, or the Artisan guys, would do their version of Ram SW (55*) and LW (60*). Satin chrome. And maybe get the Liverpool FC crest stamped on the back near the toe.
A different wedge option would be some Maltby wedges in 55* and 60*, at 65* lie angle. I have a Maltby Design 60*, it's been awesome. Totally fine with these. One set with Nippon 125s, one set with Steelfiber 125 (or NV130/MMT 125/etc).
Grips for the above would be GripMaster Roo.
Putter.... this is easy, to a point. I'm quite happy with my Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv2, I'll just see if I can't score a backup somewhere. 34.25" long. Grip is a round TackMac with no taper. Rather liking it, I think we'll stick with it.
Driver, hmmm... I think we'll get two. First, I'm quite happy with my Fly-Z+ at the moment. It's got the quite-pedestrian-by-WRX-standards XCaliber Tour 7.5 in TS, seems to be working fine. Might consider putting a ProtoPype 80 in it, or another pedestrian shaft such as an NV85.
3w, I'm not quite sure. I've got very limited experience with it, but I might consider putting a 15* V Steel in this slot. Shaft, NV105 probably would be perfectly fine. 42.25", D5.
For the days im feeling persimmony, I'd like a custom Deep Face persimmon driver, with an 80something to 100g shaft, that would come in at D5 at 43.5" length, around 250cc or more, if possible. They could possibly go to something slightly in excess of 250cc to get the weight to line up with my swingweight preference at 43.5". Nothing too exotic needed here for shaft, an NV85 to NV105 would probably be fine. I'd also need a 15* fairway wood, which I'd like to come in at 42.25" with something like an NV105. Again, GripMaster Roo as grip choice.
Bag, I'm happy with my Ping, probably get one similar, slightly larger. Maybe even their staff bag.
Happy with my laser, too, a Precision Pro NX7. Don't really see a need to change.
I think that hits everything...

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

For irons, I'd get something made up by NCW, probably a wing-back muscle design. I might also go for some PowerBilt Scotch Blades.

I wouldn't change my modern driver, though for my persimmon set I would like a Wood Bros Persimmon, preferably an All Japan with a stiff carbon shaft.

Wedges, I'd like a pristine set of Callaway MD2 T-Grinds, 52*, 54*, 56*, 58*, and 60*.

Putter: perhaps a 34.5" centre-shafted Tank with no insert.

I'd really like a MP-4 2i with carbon shaft. Perhaps a AD-DI 95X.

As a longtime club ho, price has never been an option.

My bag reflects what I like the best.

Fortunately, I have moved away from replacing irons on a regular basis, and now spend a lot of time messing around with wedges (becoming quite a selection, but all are Vokey, as visually everything else looks odd to me.).

The challenge will be when the new Taylor Made irons are released (P7-MC) as the pictures look incredible!

And there is putter confusion at times!

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

Miura + Linksoul Color Theory Irons

OR/and

Have National Custom Works build me a minimalist set of irons

Sim Max 9° HC Hzrdus Yellow/TourAD IZ

TSi2 4 wood @ 18°

Geom Moe Irons  29° 37° 45°

Edel 55°
Scotty California Monterey

all irons & wedge in kbs c-taper lite

Golf Instagram: @MinimalistGolfClub

For me this would be sort of like replacing my comfortable jeans that have shaped to fit me well over many years with designer boo-teek jeans. I just wouldn't do it.

About as far as I'd go is get a new stand bag as mine is getting a bit worn, a full set of new grips (the same Crosslines) and maybe refresh my wedges with new versions of pretty much the same thing.

I would have a different driver shaft - broke my Tensei Orange a few weeks ago.

I would have an updated 3-metal, probably a new SIM.

I would have a custom Scotty center-shafted mallet.

And...that's it.

Driver: Stealth 2 9*
3-Metal: TSi2 13.5* at D4 (+0.75)

5-Metal:  0341 Gen2 18*

4-Hybrid:  i25 22* 
Irons: i210 5-U
Wedges: SM8 54D, SM9 60M
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 2MCS 
Ball: -Pro-V1x