2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

13 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Yup.  It’s crazy where I am. It also pinches we long time land owners.   Luckily we get homestead exemption, and we file with the ag service yearly to get the property tax discount.  But if not. We’d be up shat creek.  Because of what they value the farm at.  News flash. It’s only worth  that if we sell.  And I won’t be the guy who is the one to sell off a 200 year old homestead.  Not this guy.  So it’s actually a huge liability.   The upkeep makes farming a must.  You can’t just cut and maintain this place and not use it for business , so the loss is offset.  The county would love to see 300 houses go up on it.  Would be a disgrace.  

thats another rant.  The difference between net worth and liquid assets . 🧐. My wife gets yacht brochures in the mail all the time.  In reality , I don’t even want to keep this Porsche long enough to pay the tax on it.  Money , security , and sanity are funny things that don’t often overlap.  

Yup, our property taxes are based on home values. My wife worked with a gal who inherited ocean front. She worked full time, even though her husband needed full time care. Her tax bill was $25K per year, if her house was away from water it would be taxed at maybe $8K. A bit crazy, most all seniors need to relocate from here because on a fixed income the property taxes squeeze them to starvation, they used to adjust for them but then they were like "screw it" and just flat said, "you cannot pay the bill, move".

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Nard_S said:

Yup, our property taxes are based on home values. My wife worked with a gal who inherited ocean front. She worked full time, even though her husband needed full time care. Her tax bill was $25K per year, if her house was away from water it would be taxed at maybe $8K. A bit crazy, most all seniors need to relocate from here because on a fixed income the property taxes squeeze them to starvation, they used to adjust for them but then they were like "screw it" and just flat said, "you cannot pay the bill, move".

Yep. It’s not right.  I think they could make up a “ if you sell it you owe a percent of what it’s gained in value from start of occupation to sale date “  but revenue is the goal. Not fairness.  

• Like 4

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 hours ago, dashanks said:

Sickening!   Nobody is happy just making a decent profit nowadays.   They have to cut your throat completely.  I recently paid $225 for a car battery and $60 for a gallon of paint.  I'm talking a Walmart battery and A Home Depot gallon of paint.  Nothing exotic.  WTF?  retailers are all blaming inflation.   BS!

Had my home painted last summer with that $60 a gallon paint.  The cost was more than double the last paint job.  And add to that the cost of labor doubled, and the productivity halved.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
  • Like 4

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

1 hour ago, nitram said:

IMG_1704.jpg.6bb7f069977bb34a75eb7f5b0eaba724.jpg

Here's a picture for you @Conrad1953. This is the 6th green at Diamondback National Golf Course in Abilene, Texas. It was designed, built, and operated by 1971 Masters Champion Charles Coody, who resides in Abilene. Anyway, if you look past my ball, you'll see a "notch" in the hills in the background. This notch is what's known as the "Buffalo Gap". There's a community there now, although back around and before the Civil War it was the county seat of Taylor County before being supplanted by a much larger Abilene.

But what's really cool is the name was given by the Comanche when they ruled Comancheria. See this is where an estimated 4 million Bison flowed through the hills in their migration from South Texas to South Dakota.

Sure you must have watched The American Buffalo Ken Burn's documentary.  Was amazing, thoroughly engrossed with the storytelling.  A national tragedy to reclamation through perseverance. Big Medicine. 

• Like 4

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

3 hours ago, TiScape said:

He can’t say specifically what he does or post any photos. He’s in “professional services”. 😊

*btw. I respect both his and DMMs choice regarding complete anonymity 

** wanna add. It’s my opinion that bscin is hiding from bad ppl that wanna do him harm and that DMM isn’t real. Well he’s real, but everything we know about him is a fabrication.

***no disrespect intended DMM

Sort of how I view a certain vegetable person that has extra power. Seems legit, but so over the top it could just be someone that enjoys making stuff up and putting it out there for a reaction. 

For many, many years....

so who did you piss off amongst the lounge dwellers

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

IMG_1740.jpeg

This reminded me I didn't have this fine film on my Plex Media Server. Took a trip to Sweden to obtain it and will be enjoying it later this evening! 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 4-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

2 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

leads me to a different monday gripe.

if you have newer car with an entertainment center, it's tracking where you go, when you go, how you get there, where you shop, where you don't shop, where you live, where you work, what music you listen to, what radio stations you listen to, etc.

the car manufacturers sell your information to data brokers, including insurance companies. some insurance companies were modifying your rate by how fast you drive, how fast you accelerate, decelerate, change lanes, etc.

a lot GM customers freaked out. GM announced they would no longer sell the data to the two well known companies who sell to insurance companies. pr situation settled.

haha. but they still sell to others companies who then sell it to the insurance companies, without telling you that. hahaha.

Well I would be boring. I am sure mine has all of that because it has On Star which supposedly is not active. It also has a built in phone according to the controls. If they tracked me it would be boring sleeping material. Lets see within maybe 5 miles of my house. 4 or 5 days a week to the course which is 2 miles by the road. To the church on Sunday and maybe on special occasions which is like 4 miles one way. Everywhere we go in it is within a 5 mile radius max. Now Thursday I will have a "road trip" which consists of a regular 6 month check up at my Doc like 8 miles away.

The Rat Benz also had all of those systems One day I was leaving the course and the supposedly disconnected telephone rang. I started to answer but did not scared if I did someone may get me for unauthorized use of a phone. That was about the time the computer system started going haywire. Maybe someone loaded a Trojan Horse worm or something. My bud who is a trained Benz mechanic told me to get rid of it because it had a engine and trans combo that was not supposed to be in it. He had looked at it before and all the info on the outside of the main ECM had been deliberately scratched off. He theorized the ECM may have been off a stolen car or such. I know there was a guy in the park that had a whole box of Benz ECMs offered me one for like $75. He also had a rat rod truck he tried to sell me that was sketchy even by my standards. Something told me to back off because he seemed sketchy himself. That guy disappeared rather quickly. Found out from some of his neighbors the Feds came in the middle of the night and got him. Come to find out he was involved in a chop shop/car theft ring in the NE. Come to find out he had the mobile home and lot lease registered in his gf's name and the cars too which were a newer Benz convertible and a sporty red Alfa Romero. I know soon after she abandoned the property and left in the night.

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

8 hours ago, Fellaheen51 said:

We have an A&W in town, right around the corner on the main road.  Always busy in the summer, this was the first winter they stayed open.  Papa Burger, cheese curds and root beer.  What's not to like?  We usually just pickup a half gallon and make our own floats at home.  Using real deal, made at the farm, Cooks Dairy ice cream.  Nice location, sits on a small rise.  Deck and tables in back along Duck Creek.

6FB81DE2-D57C-42E9-A784-CC75126E197F_4_5005_c.jpeg.9cf092cec9f4b662aa3e425a2014758a.jpeg1AC4A033-D4F5-471A-BE4D-23E740AA5D89_4_5005_c.jpeg.25655914b0e9d046a85320e00b364183.jpeg5F1D4C35-8D32-4D56-A214-336DF3D115E1_4_5005_c.jpeg.abd7bcf910e71464bf15adea9d682ec0.jpeg

Small photos from an online grab.

Heh, i know that one well.  Shepherd’s Hollow isn’t too far away either for a fun 18.

• Like 3

Srixon ZX5 Mk II LS 9.5 driver x-flex

Srixon ZX Mk II 3 & 7 wood stiff

Taylormade Stealth II 2 hybrid x-flex

Srixon ZX-7 4/5 irons stiff

Srixon Z-Forged II 6-PW stiff

Cleveland ZipCore RTX Tour Raw 52/56

TM Spider GT-X putter

XXIO premium bag on MGI Zip AT cart

Srixon Z-Star Diamond ball

1 hour ago, SnowbirdTom said:

Heh, i know that one well.  Shepherd’s Hollow isn’t too far away either for a fun 18.

Sorta.  SH is about 10 miles away.  Nice course, but not a personal fav.  At best only an occasional play.  To crowded most of the time, expensive (think they did away with the before 9:00 a.m. weekday "cheap" rate) and never have a level lie.  Even when I hit the ball in the middle of the fairway, the ball seems to be constantly above or below my stance.  Use their range and practice green occasionally.  

Mostly play the Oaks courses, Indian Springs, Fountains is as close to a home course that we play.  Know a lot of peeps there.  Everyone likes Atlas Valley so that's a regular rota.  Pontiac C.C. ~4x per year.  Someplace different every week.  Something outside the norm occasionally to change it up.  I'm usually the booking agent, trying to keep these old codgers herded and happy is a PITA.

Edited by Fellaheen51
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Sorta.  SH is about 10 miles away.  Nice course, but not a personal fav.  At best only an occasional play.  To crowded most of the time, expensive (think they did away with the before 9:00 a.m. weekday cheap rate) and never have a level lie.  Even when I hit the ball in the middle of the fairway, the ball seems to be constantly above or below my stance.  Use their range and practice green occasionally.  

Mostly play the Oaks courses, Indian Springs, Fountains is as close to a home course that we play.  Know a lot of peeps there.  Everyone likes Atlas Valley so thats a regular rota.  Pontiac C.C. ~4x per year.  Someplace different every week.  Something outside the norm occasionally to change it up.  I'm usually the booking agent, trying to keep these old codgers herded and happy is a PITA.

Truly enjoy playing Springfield Oaks so much, I may volunteer to work a day a week there.  Probably mentioned I work at White Lake Oaks and play there very regularly already.  Indian Springs is a tester of my patience.  Greens are tough with all the mounding. Boulder Point was a good time too.

I'll be home in Michigan late next week and getting settled back in.  Hit you up in May to play a round?

• Like 4

TM Spider GT-X putter

5 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

leads me to a different monday gripe.

if you have newer car with an entertainment center, it's tracking where you go, when you go, how you get there, where you shop, where you don't shop, where you live, where you work, what music you listen to, what radio stations you listen to, etc.

the car manufacturers sell your information to data brokers, including insurance companies. some insurance companies were modifying your rate by how fast you drive, how fast you accelerate, decelerate, change lanes, etc.

a lot GM customers freaked out. GM announced they would no longer sell the data to the two well known companies who sell to insurance companies. pr situation settled.

haha. but they still sell to others companies who then sell it to the insurance companies, without telling you that. hahaha.

So maybe that’s why car manufacturers still bother with navigation systems. Given that anyone with a smartphone already has a nav system, I’ve wondered why the manufacturers keep building crap systems that no one uses. Considering the disparity in market share, you wouldn’t think that they would be the target sources for anyone wanting the data. Google or Apple for their mapping data? Yes sir! And while I haven’t put much thought into it, offhand, I don’t know that I’d care if things like auto insurance rates were tied to actual driving data. Drive like a maniac? Pay higher rates. As long as the reverse logic is also applied (insert sarcastic emoji). 

As mentioned here earlier, I’ve long tired of trying to hide. I now embrace the transparency! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, nitram said:

IMG_1704.jpg.6bb7f069977bb34a75eb7f5b0eaba724.jpg

Here's a picture for you @Conrad1953. This is the 6th green at Diamondback National Golf Course in Abilene, Texas. It was designed, built, and operated by 1971 Masters Champion Charles Coody, who resides in Abilene. Anyway, if you look past my ball, you'll see a "notch" in the hills in the background. This notch is what's known as the "Buffalo Gap". There's a community there now, although back around and before the Civil War it was the county seat of Taylor County before being supplanted by a much larger Abilene.

But what's really cool is the name was given by the Comanche when they ruled Comancheria. See this is where an estimated 4 million Bison flowed through the hills in their migration from South Texas to South Dakota.

My old stomping grounds! I was stationed there in 72 /73.

• Like 3

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

3 minutes ago, SnowbirdTom said:

Truly enjoy playing Springfield Oaks so much, I may volunteer to work a day a week there.  Probably mentioned I work at White Lake Oaks and play there very regularly already.  Indian Springs is a tester of my patience.  Greens are tough with all the mounding. Boulder Point was a good time too.

I'll be home in Michigan late next week and getting settled back in.  Hit you up in May to play a round?

Yeah, let's plan that.  Springfield Oaks is a great course, a long time personal fav.  User friendly, yet challenging.  Hole #6 and #12 are a handful!  Always in good condition, nice greens.  Indian Springs is a whole lot better since they put in senior tees.  Nearly 6500 yards from the whites prior was way to much.  And yes, gotta be on the correct level of the plateaus to stand a chance with making a putt.  Love Boulder Pointe, especially the two nines west of M-24.  

Every play Brentwood?  I like that course also.  Especially once the holes break away form the houses.  The sister course Beacon Hill not so much.  Same thing with Pine Knob, to much back yard golf.  It's close for everyone and we rarely to never play there.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Yeah, let's plan that.  Springfield Oaks is a great course, a long time personal fav.  User friendly, yet challenging.  Hole #6 and #12 are a handful!  Always in good condition, nice greens.  Indian Springs is a whole lot better since they put in senior tees.  Nearly 6500 yards from the whites prior was way to much.  And yes, gotta be on the correct level of the plateaus to stand a chance with making a putt.  Love Boulder Pointe, especially the two nines west of M-24.  

Every play Brentwood?  I like that course also.  Especially once the holes break away form the houses.  The sister course Beacon Hill not so much.  Same thing with Pine Knob, to much back yard golf.  It's close for everyone and we rarely to never play there.  

Umm, I live off it. Can see #2 fairway from my house.  lol I like Beacon Hill MUCH more.

• Like 3

TM Spider GT-X putter

2 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

Perusing the news this morning from Korea (yes, it is Tuesday morning here) and came across a few articles that had the imaginary question mark floating above my head.

Archeologists are now finding micro plastics in ancient remains, including some that were discovered and preserved in the 80s. No mention of how they got there. I immediately had a vision of King Tut doing the Pepsi Challenge.

The world’s tallest church, in Barcelona, is scheduled to be completed in 2026. Construction began in 1882. For those of you counting at home, that’s 144 years.

Dave Calhoun, Boeing’s CEO, announced his resignation. Boeing’s stock price was down more than 40% during his 4 year tenure. The sector is up roughly 25%. Calhoun will enjoy a $24m payday upon his departure, with another $45.5m in options. Oh, but to be a CEO where accountability is non-existent but the pay is exquisite (and 400x more than the average employee.)

That type of payout disgusts the hell out of me.

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

• Like 4

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

52 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

The world’s tallest church, in Barcelona, is scheduled to be completed in 2026. Construction began in 1882. For those of you counting at home, that’s 144 years.

I’ve visited La Sagrada Familia maybe five times when in Barcelona. Definitely worth the trip. Some like Gaudi’s design, some don’t. But no one can deny it is on an almost incomprehensible scale. 

Edited by Duct Tape
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I’ll just say I made a post or two that rubbed the self appointed “owner” of the thread the wrong way and he basically gave me a public tongue lashing. So not really pushed out. Just not into someone that is nothing more than a regular member moderating my posts that don’t break any actual forum rules 😊 

Ditto. One of the few smart moves in my life😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)