2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Pros and others throw USGA under the bus.

Darth Putter

> @pgapromex said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @"Ashley Schaeffer" said:

> > > > I have to say I’m not surprised that a multiple major champion (incl. the US Open) said it used to be tough but fair when he played, with greens rolling 9.5 instead 14.5. All this time, I was told the greens were just as fast and difficult way back when, despite convincing video evidence to the contrary.

> > > >

> > > > All in all, that was a great read to see what a cross section of professional golf thinks of the USGA. Interesting and telling.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > yep... theres quite a few comments in that article... some rather scathing .... im guessing the apologists will tell us that pros arent needed .. id beg to differ if you want to keep that Huge Fox contract money coming in . As much as i love high level Am golf, id tell you for certain that if no top level pros play, its going to be televised on The golf channel just like the NCAA stuff...

> > >

> >

> >

> > also... Come on Pgapromex....how on earth do you click disagree on the OP???? All he did was link an article.. gave no opinion at all. This Disgaree button and "im going to block" you childish stuff is for the birds.

>

> Something is goofy with the forum, I didn't mean to disagree with OPs post, but when trying to quote and reply nothing worked so I just started clicking on everything. Heh Heh Anyway, the only post in this thread I disagreed with was the one I quoted with Ricky taking a dump drop photo. The only way I was able to post that comment was to right click open in new window on quote. I never use disagree buttons or block etc, not my style.

>

>

my apologies, Just a hot button issue for me , and i jumped the gun

several serial " dislikers' running around in the Tour section ( not you) ..Not joining the discussion , just wholesale disliking everything ..

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I am by NO MEANS a USGA apologist, and I think the way they have pushed US Open courses to and past the edge recently has made it more a game of chance vs. skill. Now, it is obviously "cool" to bash on the USGA and they deserve much of the criticism, but It doesn't take a piling-on list of anonymous quotes to teach us the US Open has become a bit of a joke due to course set-ups. The best (and maybe only) constructive comment in the article was that the TOURs need to have some input, even if not final decision making power, over set-ups, or get someone like Geoff Ogilvy to help out.

I respect the opinions and perspective of those who spoke up for the article. However, I think the comments not related to course set-up come from a very narrow view and place of frustration that the USGA does not solely serve to please the professional game. The PGA TOUR is an organization whose purpose is to serve the players - so of course they'll like those events best. On the other hand, USGA's mission is supposedly attempting to serve the 20 million+ non-professional golfing masses, not the 1,000 or so touring professionals in the world.

Further, with us not having seen the "pie chart" and not knowing what the $25 million "other" bucket was, it is ignorant and selfish of the players to think the USGA's payout ratio to revenue would be the same as the TOUR. This is the USGA's fundraiser for the year, to support the amateur, senior, women's events, all of their other initiatives, etc. I'd imagine a good bit of that "other" goes to supporting those events. Also - imagine the outrage if the players knew the percentage of revenue the Masters paid out - can't imagine that compares favorably.

• Like 2

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > What do the pros REALLY think about the USGA?

> > >

> > > Did they really threaten to boycott the 2017 US Open?

> > >

> > > Golf Digest took an anonymous survey of pros, caddies, architects and other people in the game and the results don't look very good.

> > >

> > > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/usga-confidential

> > >

> > > “The gap between the players and the USGA is bigger than it has ever been. There is a total lack of respect. And the USGA people brought it on themselves.”

> >

> > Probably in the minority, but I could care less what the pro’s want or think in regards to course setup for anything. I appreciate the annual slaughter and wish the Tour would grow a pair when it came to actually putting out a stern test week to week that didn’t just revolve around distance and rough (which only exacerbates the advantage for the long hitters).

>

> It's about much more than course set up.

> @pgapromex said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > What do the pros REALLY think about the USGA?

> > >

> > > Did they really threaten to boycott the 2017 US Open?

> > >

> > > Golf Digest took an anonymous survey of pros, caddies, architects and other people in the game and the results don't look very good.

> > >

> > > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/usga-confidential

> > >

> > > “The gap between the players and the USGA is bigger than it has ever been. There is a total lack of respect. And the USGA people brought it on themselves.”

> >

> > Probably in the minority, but I could care less what the pro’s want or think in regards to course setup for anything. I appreciate the annual slaughter and wish the Tour would grow a pair when it came to actually putting out a stern test week to week that didn’t just revolve around distance and rough (which only exacerbates the advantage for the long hitters).

>

> hdlb0qbtg8wa.jpg

> Let me guess, like most of the USGA dorks you are a 5 handicap who couldn't break 100 at Bethpage Black. Your idea of a true test (gave it away with "enjoying the slaughter") are greens that hold zero shots and allow putts from wrong side of hole to run into bunkers. The best golfers in the world are the experts in what a true test of golf is about, not a bunch of wannabees who decide pin positions with committees of 12.

>

>

I appreciate you projecting on my handicap and my thoughts on the USGA as an organization when I stated nothing about either.

Currently a 1.5, and the only time I played the Black (I prefer the Red) I shot a 79, so apologies about the state of your game.

Yes, the Tour knows what a tough setup looks like so they can run as fast as possible in the other direction the majority of the time. I enjoy the impossible which they still find a way to conquer once a year, but piss and moan the entire time because heaven forbid they face actual struggle in a professional tournament.

The Tour having no sack about course setup doesn’t alleviate the issue that the USGA as an organization has literally no idea what they’re doing which only heightens the scrutiny of every move they make. I personally have no idea how someone like Geoff Ogilvy hasn’t been given the reigns of the the Tour or the USGA.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

I had two take-a-ways from the piece. First, I was surprised to see players admit to considering a boycott for a few years now. That has to get some attention from inside the USGA bubble. Short of an actual player revolt, it will likely not result in much change within that USGA bubble but it still has to raise a few eyebrows. Second, we never hear anything remotely close to a controversy stemming from anything the R&A does. How can the R&A get things so absolutely right and the USGA get things so absolutely wrong?

• Like 1

> @Sixcat said:

> I had two take-a-ways from the piece. First, I was surprised to see players admit to considering a boycott for a few years now. That has to get some attention from inside the USGA bubble. Short of an actual player revolt, it will likely not result in much change within that USGA bubble but it still has to raise a few eyebrows. Second, we never hear anything remotely close to a controversy stemming from anything the R&A does. How can the R&A get things so absolutely right and the USGA get things so absolutely wrong?

The R&A is constrained by the possibility of high winds in the UK, so they never take the greens past 9 or 10 on the stimp. They allow for lower scores if the wind doesn't blow, and their greens don't become circus grounds. Other than that, they use difficult courses and let nature take its course.

• Like 3
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Running the US Open is a very small part of what the USGA does. Some pampered tour pros just complaining.

Thousands of amateurs playing in hundreds of tournaments a year don't seem to have any problem with the USGA.

• Like 1

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

> @BMC said:

> Running the US Open is a very small part of what the USGA does. Some pampered tour pros just complaining.

> Thousands of amateurs playing in hundreds of tournaments a year don't seem to have any problem with the USGA.

While I understand this point, most people dont associate the USGA with the US Amateur or US Mid-Am...they associate the USGA with the US Open (and what it takes to qualify for that tournament). That's why its important for that tournament to be run right....something that hasnt happened in a long time.

• Like 1

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > Phil took crap for it but his stunt last year I'm sure resonated with many.

> > As for the USGA being thrown under the bus? They absolutely deserve it and hopefully the bus goes forward and backward numerous times over them.

> >

> >

> What Phil did was stupid. Stupid because he took all the heat for something most of the players really wanted to do. But it was necessary to bring attention to the ridiculous conditions created by the USGA. So it was a good move by Phil but stupid because he became the focus by acting silly.

>

Agreed. I thought it was a great move by Phil, sacrificing his own dignity for the greater good. Putting a magnify glass on the whole clown show.

• Like 1

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > Phil took crap for it but his stunt last year I'm sure resonated with many.

> > > As for the USGA being thrown under the bus? They absolutely deserve it and hopefully the bus goes forward and backward numerous times over them.

> > >

> > >

> > What Phil did was stupid. Stupid because he took all the heat for something most of the players really wanted to do. But it was necessary to bring attention to the ridiculous conditions created by the USGA. So it was a good move by Phil but stupid because he became the focus by acting silly.

> >

>

> Agreed. I thought it was a great move by Phil, sacrificing his own dignity for the greater good. Putting a magnify glass on the whole clown show.

Maybe Phil is trying to get all of the other top players to boycott and then he will actually show up with a big grin on his face.

• Like 1

> @umassgolfer said:

> I am by NO MEANS a USGA apologist, and I think the way they have pushed US Open courses to and past the edge recently has made it more a game of chance vs. skill. Now, it is obviously "cool" to bash on the USGA and they deserve much of the criticism, but It doesn't take a piling-on list of anonymous quotes to teach us the US Open has become a bit of a joke due to course set-ups. The best (and maybe only) constructive comment in the article was that the TOURs need to have some input, even if not final decision making power, over set-ups, or get someone like Geoff Ogilvy to help out.

>

> I respect the opinions and perspective of those who spoke up for the article. However, I think the comments not related to course set-up come from a very narrow view and place of frustration that the USGA does not solely serve to please the professional game. The PGA TOUR is an organization whose purpose is to serve the players - so of course they'll like those events best. On the other hand, USGA's mission is supposedly attempting to serve the 20 million+ non-professional golfing masses, not the 1,000 or so touring professionals in the world.

>

> Further, with us not having seen the "pie chart" and not knowing what the $25 million "other" bucket was, it is ignorant and selfish of the players to think the USGA's payout ratio to revenue would be the same as the TOUR. This is the USGA's fundraiser for the year, to support the amateur, senior, women's events, all of their other initiatives, etc. I'd imagine a good bit of that "other" goes to supporting those events. Also - imagine the outrage if the players knew the percentage of revenue the Masters paid out - can't imagine that compares favorably.

On the surface sure. But look a bit deeper. Why if questioned would yo I show up with a pie chart. One with a $25mil slice that’s no allocated to any place. That person quoted With that said explicitly that if they showed to be using that money to “ grow or further the game “ then it’s all good. But usually. ( nothing is 100% ) when a large Corp is asked to give an account of its self or spending and they show up with a $25mil blind spot , that means funny business going on. And for every snake you see ($25mil in this case ) there’s usually 20 or more they don’t show. Makes me wonder just how deep the pockets of this slush fund are ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @BMC said:

> Running the US Open is a very small part of what the USGA does. Some pampered tour pros just complaining.

> Thousands of amateurs playing in hundreds of tournaments a year don't seem to have any problem with the USGA.

Not true. Talk to any player who’s a USga regular and they will tell you a story of some sort of buffoonery. But ams don’t have any voice. It’s put up with them or don’t play.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @BMC said:

I completely agree, and thats where I think a lot of the player dislike comes from. The USGA says it “does so much more” than the US Open, but gets most of its money from the US Open. But, it then doesn’t listen to the players who make it most of its money.

Perhaps the USGA would be better off focusing on the “so much more”, and letting someone else run the US Open. From a player perspective, I could see how it feels like playing all season in the NFL, and then having the NCAA step in to run the Super Bowl saying, “We got this. Don’t tell us how to do it. We know better than you.” And then continually failing, falling back on, “Our role is so much more than just the Super Bowl, and were killing it overall!”

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > Phil took crap for it but his stunt last year I'm sure resonated with many.

> > > As for the USGA being thrown under the bus? They absolutely deserve it and hopefully the bus goes forward and backward numerous times over them.

> > >

> > >

> > What Phil did was stupid. Stupid because he took all the heat for something most of the players really wanted to do. But it was necessary to bring attention to the ridiculous conditions created by the USGA. So it was a good move by Phil but stupid because he became the focus by acting silly.

> >

>

> Agreed. I thought it was a great move by Phil, sacrificing his own dignity for the greater good. Putting a magnify glass on the whole clown show.

I think if Phil felt so strongly about things, if he really did this on purpose to make a point, he really should have stood on his own hind legs and DQed himself. He'd have a whole lot more credibility with me if he had done that. Instead, he claimed to have thought through the various potential rules, quickly realized that if he merely stopped the ball, he's DQ, but if he putts it, he may only get 2 strokes, and then hustled down to "putt" it. I'm not defending the set-up of the course, but I can't defend Phil's actions and statements either.

What I found interesting is that a much larger percentage of the folks identified as being "European Tour" players were accepting of the extreme difficulty than those not identified as European. Perhaps Euro players in general are less pampered, and more prepared for "less than perfect" conditions.

A separate thing, I wonder how many Tour players, major winners, swing coaches, etc have even the faintest clue about how to maintain a golf course, and get it into peak form for an event. They all know what they want, and feel free to complain when they don't get what they want, but they have no idea of how to achieve it.

Last, prize money is an issue, a reason to consider a boycott? Seems pretty damn greedy for a bunch of guys who have become millionaires playing a game.

• Like 2

The primary mistake the USGA has made in the last 10-15 years is seeking to control the score at the US Open via course setup, versus restrictions on equipment. Fred Ridley kind of hinted that it was something the USGA was going to be addressing, but what that means, I don't know - will it be restrictions no the ball, the driver or something else? It's a shame that classic course are basically a non-starter for the US Open without some serious narrowing of fairways or setting it up like Le Golf National in the Ryder Cup with 1-foot rough starting 290 yards out.

• Like 1

> @davep043 said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > Phil took crap for it but his stunt last year I'm sure resonated with many.

> > > > As for the USGA being thrown under the bus? They absolutely deserve it and hopefully the bus goes forward and backward numerous times over them.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > What Phil did was stupid. Stupid because he took all the heat for something most of the players really wanted to do. But it was necessary to bring attention to the ridiculous conditions created by the USGA. So it was a good move by Phil but stupid because he became the focus by acting silly.

> > >

> >

> > Agreed. I thought it was a great move by Phil, sacrificing his own dignity for the greater good. Putting a magnify glass on the whole clown show.

>

> I think if Phil felt so strongly about things, if he really did this on purpose to make a point, he really should have stood on his own hind legs and DQed himself. He'd have a whole lot more credibility with me if he had done that. Instead, he claimed to have thought through the various potential rules, quickly realized that if he merely stopped the ball, he's DQ, but if he putts it, he may only get 2 strokes, and then hustled down to "putt" it. I'm not defending the set-up of the course, but I can't defend Phil's actions and statements either.

> What I found interesting is that a much larger percentage of the folks identified as being "European Tour" players were accepting of the extreme difficulty than those not identified as European. Perhaps Euro players in general are less pampered, and more prepared for "less than perfect" conditions.

> A separate thing, I wonder how many Tour players, major winners, swing coaches, etc have even the faintest clue about how to maintain a golf course, and get it into peak form for an event. They all know what they want, and feel free to complain when they don't get what they want, but they have no idea of how to achieve it.

> Last, prize money is an issue, a reason to consider a boycott? Seems pretty **** greedy for a bunch of guys who have become millionaires playing a game.

Yeah, I thought it was interesting that a lot of the players who were identified as European Tour winners generally accepted the conditions of the US Open.

But I also thought some of the other criticisms were on point. Bit of both, really.

A bunch of millionaires complaining about another bunch of millionaires..talk about 1st world problems??‍♂️

At the end if the day it’s the USGA’s tournament..if the pros don’t want to play it, I’ll be happy to take their spot for a 100th of the prize money.

People talk about this tournament almost as much as the Masters because of all this drama...that’s it’s niche. If you don’t differentiate yourself, why even have it?

• Like 1

> @davep043 said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > Phil took crap for it but his stunt last year I'm sure resonated with many.

> > > > As for the USGA being thrown under the bus? They absolutely deserve it and hopefully the bus goes forward and backward numerous times over them.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > What Phil did was stupid. Stupid because he took all the heat for something most of the players really wanted to do. But it was necessary to bring attention to the ridiculous conditions created by the USGA. So it was a good move by Phil but stupid because he became the focus by acting silly.

> > >

> >

> > Agreed. I thought it was a great move by Phil, sacrificing his own dignity for the greater good. Putting a magnify glass on the whole clown show.

>

> I think if Phil felt so strongly about things, if he really did this on purpose to make a point, he really should have stood on his own hind legs and DQed himself. He'd have a whole lot more credibility with me if he had done that. Instead, he claimed to have thought through the various potential rules, quickly realized that if he merely stopped the ball, he's DQ, but if he putts it, he may only get 2 strokes, and then hustled down to "putt" it. I'm not defending the set-up of the course, but I can't defend Phil's actions and statements either.

> What I found interesting is that a much larger percentage of the folks identified as being "European Tour" players were accepting of the extreme difficulty than those not identified as European. Perhaps Euro players in general are less pampered, and more prepared for "less than perfect" conditions.

> A separate thing, I wonder how many Tour players, major winners, swing coaches, etc have even the faintest clue about how to maintain a golf course, and get it into peak form for an event. They all know what they want, and feel free to complain when they don't get what they want, but they have no idea of how to achieve it.

> Last, prize money is an issue, a reason to consider a boycott? Seems pretty **** greedy for a bunch of guys who have become millionaires playing a game.

On your separate thing, I have no idea how to build a car, but I can tell a crappy one from a good one. I suspect you can, too. Consumers like you and I make the car companies their money, that’s why they try to make what we like as a whole. When we say we don’t like square wheels, they don’t show up with square wheels every year claiming this year’s square wheels are different.

• Like 1

The USGA is still in love with Ben Hogan's game. Drive it in the fairway, hit the green, two putt for par. Nothing wrong with that but the professional game has become bomb and gouge. Not going to be judgemental about which is better but they are different games. When you put bomb and gougers on a course set up for Hogan they are going to have problems. When you add in USGA prepared greens and pin positions you can make them look ridiculous. If that is what viewers want the USGA has a history of delivering it. Pebble could be a tipping point. Will the USGA driver another Shinnecock?

The idea of a player boycott has been pretty unthinkable. But if the sentiment in the Golf Digest article is wide spread another disastrous US Open could give it momentum.

The solution seems simple. Maybe not easy, but simple. Bring in consultants from the PGA and European tours. The USGA doesn't have to turn control over to them, and it doesn't have to be done with a lot of face losing publicity, but it's time for the USGA to save themselves from themselves.

• Like 1

> @dalehead said:

> The USGA is still in love with Ben Hogan's game. Drive it in the fairway, hit the green, two putt for par. Nothing wrong with that but the professional game has become bomb and gouge. Not going to be judgemental about which is better but they are different games. When you put bomb and gougers on a course set up for Hogan they are going to have problems. When you add in USGA prepared greens and pin positions you can make them look ridiculous. If that is what viewers want the USGA has a history of delivering it. Pebble could be a tipping point. Will the USGA driver another Shinnecock?

>

> The idea of a player boycott has been pretty unthinkable. But if the sentiment in the Golf Digest article is wide spread another disastrous US Open could give it momentum.

>

> The solution seems simple. Maybe not easy, but simple. Bring in consultants from the PGA and European tours. The USGA doesn't have to turn control over to them, and it doesn't have to be done with a lot of face losing publicity, but it's time for the USGA to save themselves from themselves.

One thing I've seen, the tour pros, as a general group, do not want to have to adapt. They didn't like being forced to adapt to new rules, and they don't like having to adapt their game to the typical US Open conditions. And when they have problems adapting, they blame it on someone else, not on themselves. Again, this isn't a defense of the UGSA's mistakes in green speed and pin positions, but it IS a defense of the USGA's decisions to narrow fairways, lengthen the rough, and firm up the greens (to a reasonable level). As @dalehead says, I'm not saying one style of play is preferable to another, there should be room for all styles. But if the USGA chooses a style that you're not comfortable with, and you're unable to adapt, don't complain about their choice.

• Like 3

> @BMC said:

Taking your statement as true (I have no idea the degree to which they mess up other tournaments), that would be like the NFL saying, "Sure we (bleep) up the Super Bowl every year but the preseason and regular season games usually go off without a hitch."

Responsible organizations don't crap on their crown jewel event every year.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @umassgolfer said:

> > I am by NO MEANS a USGA apologist, and I think the way they have pushed US Open courses to and past the edge recently has made it more a game of chance vs. skill. Now, it is obviously "cool" to bash on the USGA and they deserve much of the criticism, but It doesn't take a piling-on list of anonymous quotes to teach us the US Open has become a bit of a joke due to course set-ups. The best (and maybe only) constructive comment in the article was that the TOURs need to have some input, even if not final decision making power, over set-ups, or get someone like Geoff Ogilvy to help out.

> >

> > I respect the opinions and perspective of those who spoke up for the article. However, I think the comments not related to course set-up come from a very narrow view and place of frustration that the USGA does not solely serve to please the professional game. The PGA TOUR is an organization whose purpose is to serve the players - so of course they'll like those events best. On the other hand, USGA's mission is supposedly attempting to serve the 20 million+ non-professional golfing masses, not the 1,000 or so touring professionals in the world.

> >

> > Further, with us not having seen the "pie chart" and not knowing what the $25 million "other" bucket was, it is ignorant and selfish of the players to think the USGA's payout ratio to revenue would be the same as the TOUR. This is the USGA's fundraiser for the year, to support the amateur, senior, women's events, all of their other initiatives, etc. I'd imagine a good bit of that "other" goes to supporting those events. Also - imagine the outrage if the players knew the percentage of revenue the Masters paid out - can't imagine that compares favorably.

>

> On the surface sure. But look a bit deeper. Why if questioned would yo I show up with a pie chart. One with a $25mil slice that’s no allocated to any place. That person quoted With that said explicitly that if they showed to be using that money to “ grow or further the game “ then it’s all good. But usually. ( nothing is 100% ) when a large Corp is asked to give an account of its self or spending and they show up with a $25mil blind spot , that means funny business going on. And for every snake you see ($25mil in this case ) there’s usually 20 or more they don’t show. Makes me wonder just how deep the pockets of this slush fund are ?

Respectfully, both of our comments are 100% speculative. I choose to believe that represents an "unallocated/TBD fund" or towards some other above-board initiative(s), you think it is going into the execs' pockets. I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the middle, but ultimately it doesn't matter.

The point I was trying to make is there are legitimate criticisms and the pros are uniquely qualified to weigh in on inside-the-ropes details, but complaining about the purse and revenue distribution comes off as petty at best and makes me take the rest of their complaints with a grain of salt. They're complaining about "only" playing for $2.1mil+ to the winner and $12mil total purse, which was the largest in golf by $1mil (9.09% higher than 2nd) until the PLAYERS came in this year with $12.5mil...

> @BMC said:

That would be incorrect but it was obvious which way you were going after your first comment. Do you seriously think that people commenting are unaware or have never experienced the different areas the USGA touches? Think about that one and read the comments on this site and who they come fromand you'll see what a ridiculous conclusion you put forward.

This article may be redundant though my disdain for the USGA being what it is(I stopped paying dues in 2010 following their groove rule debacle after being a 46 year dues paying member, however Madison learned of this and sent my dues in with hers there after? I still lay claim to not having paid dues since 2009 in protest and I wouldn’t wear one of their US Open hats if it was the last one that I owned?), I figured it was worth posting~

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1052038/

Haha, I couldn’t post anything yesterday as this post/response box was not present and I figured that I’d gotten a time-out??

I haven’t been this passive since I was in a medically induced coma but who knows, maybe I finally offended the wrong guy?

Have a great week My Friends?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

> @bladehunter said:

>

>

> > @BMC said:

> > Running the US Open is a very small part of what the USGA does. Some pampered tour pros just complaining.

> > Thousands of amateurs playing in hundreds of tournaments a year don't seem to have any problem with the USGA.

>

> Not true. Talk to any player who’s a USga regular and they will tell you a story of some sort of buffoonery. But ams don’t have any voice. It’s put up with them or don’t play.

Ding ding ding.

> @King_Slender said:

> The primary mistake the USGA has made in the last 10-15 years is seeking to control the score at the US Open via course setup, versus restrictions on equipment. Fred Ridley kind of hinted that it was something the USGA was going to be addressing, but what that means, I don't know - will it be restrictions no the ball, the driver or something else? It's a shame that classic course are basically a non-starter for the US Open without some serious narrowing of fairways or setting it up like Le Golf National in the Ryder Cup with 1-foot rough starting 290 yards out.

>

>

Messing with the equipment ( this all happened on their watch) would just continue to alienate people. Their whole agenda that Mike Davis out out is based on flawed numbers and a focus on tour players. That US NOT what growing or protecting the game should be about but hey, at least I don't have to raise my arm to shoulder height when taking a drop. That's a game changer!