What is the comparable model to the Z565s? Would it be a worthy upgrade?Β 

The ZX5...and yes, worth the upgrade.

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

Β 

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple DiamondΒ w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood:Β TourΒ Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 CopperΒ w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

13 hours ago, SkrappyHacker1 said:

What is the comparable model to the Z565s? Would it be a worthy upgrade?Β 

Β 

I went from the 565s to the ZX5s. I would say it's an evolution more than a big jump. Β The 565s feel a bit softer at impact. I wouldn't call the ZX5s clicky, but they have a solid/springy feel though impact. Β The ZX5s have a noticeably wider sole than the 565s. Β My 565s had the GH980 shaft and the ZX5s have the Modus 105s. Β The GH980s launch the ball really high, but they don't balloonΒ at all. Β The 5 and 6 irons came in at a trajectory that would just stick. Β The 105s launch slightly lower and feel a bit different, but not in a bad way.

Β 

I got my 565s at the end of the cycle, so they were only 2 years go. Β But the ZX5s were so damn gorgeous that I just wanted them in the bag.Β 

Β 

A lot of people say the ZX7s are super forgiving and they are worth considering...or getting a combo set. Β I didn't hit the ZX7s, but they looked noticeably more demanding. Β (A lot of people say they are more forgiving than they look.)Β  For a hot minute I wondered if I should have gotten a combo set as the ZX5 short iron soles are fairly wide. Β But in the 3 rounds and multiple range sessions, the short irons were just fine.

Β 

Β 

Edited by mantan
  • Like 3

PING G430 Max 10.5Β 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
ClevelandΒ CBX4 ZipcoreΒ 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack'Β 

Β 

Does anyone have the ZX7 AW? Any pics? Would love to see if from address next to the PW and the Zipcore or RTX4 wedge.

Β 

My 50 degree RTX4 and IΒ are not getting along at the moment. Considering alternativesΒ 

Edited by anth
  • Like 1

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5*Β 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19*Β 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX

8 hours ago, mantan said:

The 565s feel a bit softer at impact. I wouldn't call the ZX5s click, but they have a solid/springy feel though impact. Β The ZX5s have a noticeably wider sole than the 565s.

This is why I am sticking to my 565's for now.Β  Srixon has a winning release this cycle, and kudos to all of the new Srixon owners coming over from other OEM's.

• Like 1

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

On 2/20/2021 at 8:46 AM, Murdock said:

Β 

I was wondering if this massive influx of orders (i.e. them being overwhelmed) might impact build quality.. not on purpose, but due to rushing the orders or fatigue from the guys/gals building the clubs.Β  Guess this answers my question.

Β 

One example out of thousands answers that?

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 1:17 PM, braincramp52 said:

For me, the Srixons are the best combination of distance and feel I've ever hit. I like a smaller profile but I need some forgiveness. Feel and sound is second to none. Super soft. My Wilson V6's are soft but there isn't a lot of room to miss. ZX5 is a club longer but it's a stronger lofted iron. I hit some off the toe and lost about 5 yards. The 21 Callaway Apex performed about the same but didn't have the same feel.

I succumbed to wrx peer pressure (and desire for new irons) - zx7 6-AW, Recoil 95 F4 + 1/2”.Β 
Β 

Hard to tell a lot indoors and sim wasn’t ideal but relative to my Legacy Blacks, same great feel, heads are just the right size for me, maybe even a little better feel, lol, my beloved Recoils work great in these. I did try an F3 - not great. I am going with midsize Tour Velvets. They just happened to have that on the + 1/2 shaft and it’s promising to take just a little more pressure off my elbow. Bought the AW on spec since they aren’t apparently readily available to demo - no idea when they’ll show up but moved 4” of snow yesterday so they can take their time.Β 
Β 

wrx - Enablers Central, lol.Β 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

One example out of thousands answers that?

Β 

Good point,Β I should have phrased that better.Β  Mistakes are bound to happen, and do even in times of normal volume.Β  But, from my own past experience when you're burning the candle at both ends trying to get things done, it wears on you mentally and physically and has the potential for a lapse in QC.Β Β 

Β 

Sounded inflammatory, which was probably more a direct result of my frustration getting in touch with them, so I now see it came across wrong.Β  Personally, I've only had excellent builds from them.Β  My new ones are on the way, so fingers crossed I didn't jinx myself!!Β Β 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Murdock said:

Β 

Good point,Β I should have phrased that better.Β  Mistakes are bound to happen, and do even in times of normal volume.Β  But, from my own past experience when you're burning the candle at both ends trying to get things done, it wears on you mentally and physically and has the potential for a lapse in QC.Β Β 

Β 

Sounded inflammatory, which was probably more a direct result of my frustration getting in touch with them, so I now see it came across wrong.Β  Personally, I've only had excellent builds from them.Β  My new ones are on the way, so fingers crossed I didn't jinx myself!!Β Β 

Haha, you may have. Mine are shipping to the dealer and they’ll check them all when I go to pick them up and adjust as necessary - I’m always nervous if they come directlyΒ Β to me. Last time I ordered direct from Callaway the guy was nice enough to drop me an email to let me know they forgot to adjust the lies as requested. No big deal, but had to drive 90 miles to get it done - nice day out!

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, anth said:

Does anyone have the ZX7 AW? Any pics? Would love to see if from address next to the PW and the Zipcore or RTX4 wedge.

Β 

My 50 degree RTX4 and IΒ are not getting along at the moment. Considering alternativesΒ 

Β 

There should be several pictures within this thread of the GW.Β  That's been a common question, so should be quite a few.Β 

Β 

Don't blame you if you don't want to sift through 62 pages to find them, but that's exactly what I had to do when I wanted to see it.Β  Definitely labor intensive.Β Β πŸ˜†

I think people should be pulling the trigger now if they are thinking of new clubs. If the covid numbers keep going down on the trend they are on now, there may be an economic explosion in the spring and I think the demand is going to go through the roof.Β 3-4 week delays are going to turn into 3-4 month delays.Β 

Β 

You're welcome.Β 

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60hΒ 
Phantom X 7

21 hours ago, NNJ111 said:

Just got 90% of myΒ ZX5/7 combo set in the mail with c-tapers. Just missing the ZX5 4 iron, for which I’m guessing there is a delay.Β 
Β 

feel and looks areΒ just fantastic. Have only hit into mats, but no buyers’ remorse so far, felt like just like hittingΒ them in store but with a better shaft. On that note, theseΒ look greatΒ against theΒ brushed finish of the c-tapers.

Β 

Definitely worth the wait. There are certain irons that come out every few years that you look at and think β€œthese have staying power” (the original RACs for example). I never felt that way about my 919 hot metal pros,Β but I definitely do with these.image.jpg.dbf50cde529ef6b5305a8c3dad31c117.jpgimage.jpg.ba7e54c77862c7b4bfb9e9f087063b13.jpg

Oh man they look so good! I just ordered a set on Friday with the C- taper shafts as well.Β Β Cheers on the new set!Β 

4 hours ago, halfsumo said:

I think people should be pulling the trigger now if they are thinking of new clubs. If the covid numbers keep going down on the trend they are on now, there may be an economic explosion in the spring and I think the demand is going to go through the roof.Β 3-4 week delays are going to turn into 3-4 month delays.Β 

Β 

You're welcome.Β 

Prob depends on where you’re located. Our courses in North CarolinaΒ have never been more crowded.Β 
Β 

People flocked to golf because it was the only game in town.Β 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Murdock said:

Β 

There should be several pictures within this thread of the GW.Β  That's been a common question, so should be quite a few.Β 

Β 

Don't blame you if you don't want to sift through 62 pages to find them, but that's exactly what I had to do when I wanted to see it.Β  Definitely labor intensive.Β Β πŸ˜†

Found it.

Β 

Page 9.
Β 

Approach wedge looks good at address. Might go with that bent to 50 and then the Cleveland wedges at 54 and 58

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5*Β 
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19*Β 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Bridgestone Tour RX

9 hours ago, halfsumo said:

Β 

You're welcome.Β 

Β 

I wonder if it will be counterbalanced Β by the ability to do other activities. Golf got a boost by being on the few social activities not impacted by the pandemic. Β As more and more people get vaccinated and other social activities start ramping up, I wonder if some of the people who drifted (back) to golf will go back toΒ those other things. Β Last summer there were no concerts, fans at sporting events, usual big groups gathering or all the stuff people did on the weekend.Β 

• Like 1

PING G430 Max 10.5Β 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
ClevelandΒ CBX4 ZipcoreΒ 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack'Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, Murdock said:

Β 

Exactly what I did actually.Β  Did that with the new 54/58 zipcore.Β  Can't wait to try them upon arrival!

Β Cool. Β Gotta let me know how that works for you

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5*Β 
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19*Β 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Bridgestone Tour RX

Just took these out for their first hit at the range before the rain comes this week. These are so far great based off the range session - nothing to complain about.

Β 

Got these in the Modus 120 S flex coming from Taylormade P790s. Will be interesting to see how the distances/forgiveness stack up on the course. I was a bit worried about whether my striking would be good enough for these as I went the TM 770s previously and struggled with distance/forgiveness but so far the ZX7s feel like a good blend.

ZX5 4-AW with Recoil 95 S, SSx1, 2* flat, 1/2" short - ordered 1/7

Β 

JUST GOT MY OVERNIGHT SHIPPING NOTIFICATION!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL -Β MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ballΒ  -Β Β 34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Just out of curiosity, have any of you foundΒ that the ZX7Β are giving you a few extra yards? When hitting the demo 7, my carry was 5-7 yards longer on average even though the loftΒ isΒ within 1*Β of my gamers.Β 
Β 

Interesting to see but I’m hoping to see my order in hand sometime in March. Excited to get dialed in before the season.

1 hour ago, tnrts345 said:

Just out of curiosity, have any of you foundΒ that the ZX7Β are giving you a few extra yards? When hitting the demo 7, my carry was 5-7 yards longer on average even though the loftΒ isΒ within 1*Β of my gamers.Β 
Β 

Interesting to see but I’m hoping to see my order in hand sometime in March. Excited to get dialed in before the season.

Β 

Yes, I was one of the wrx testers for the Zx7's and absolutely 10 yards and a club longer through the bag. For a forged iron head it is super hot. Even though there is a 2 degree difference in loft on paper it seems like at least 5 yards longer apples to apples.Β 

Β 

Zx7 6 iron

IMG_0892.jpg.3a58ff05b8e4a25e3b74e2b95bda3c4d.jpg

Β 

Β 

Mizuno MP69 6 iron

IMG_0890.jpg.ece381907b5daba6c9d8977e54759ab4.jpg

58 minutes ago, PureStrikes54 said:

Β 

Yes, I was one of the wrx testers for the Zx7's and absolutely 10 yards and a club longer through the bag. For a forged iron head it is super hot. Even though there is a 2 degree difference in loft on paper it seems like at least 5 yards longer apples to apples.Β 

Β 

Zx7 6 iron

IMG_0892.jpg.3a58ff05b8e4a25e3b74e2b95bda3c4d.jpg

Β 

Β 

Mizuno MP69 6 iron

IMG_0890.jpg.ece381907b5daba6c9d8977e54759ab4.jpg

Seems like we’re pretty close numbers wise, I’m looking forward to seeing how they perform for me throughout the bag. Initial testing was about 1/2 to full club up in terms of yardage on my 919 tours. Have you had them on course yet? If so did you find they were easy to stick onto the greens with the high flight?Β 

2 hours ago, tnrts345 said:

Seems like we’re pretty close numbers wise, I’m looking forward to seeing how they perform for me throughout the bag. Initial testing was about 1/2 to full club up in terms of yardage on my 919 tours. Have you had them on course yet? If so did you find they were easy to stick onto the greens with the high flight?Β 

Β Yes had them on course and very easy to hold greens. Both great irons and can’t go wrong with either. I’d say the Zx7 and 919 Tours are neck and neck in terms of a great clubΒ with maybe a slight edge in performance to the Zx7 (taking into account long and short irons) and slight edge in feel to the Mizzys. Long ironsΒ definitely noticeable performance gainΒ in Zx7’s.Β 

Edited by PureStrikes54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, feubo76_ said:

Hello, just wondering, which is a better choise, the ZX5 or the Taylormade p790? I get them for the same price and really can not decide.. any help would be appreciated.Β 

Depends on what you want out of a iron. P790 is a great iron that's hollow and goes a long way. ZX5 is a hot faced endo forged iron that feels and looks awesome.Β 

• Like 1

Β 

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19Β°,22Β° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72Β 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, TJ83 said:

Well, been following this thread since page 1. Just ordered a set of zx7's 4-pw with dg x7's. Replacing my Cally 2018 xforged. Would've got the gap wedge if I weren't left handed lol. Looking forward hitting these things 😎

So weird the AW is not offered in left hand? Doesn’t make any sense!

• Like 3