PXG Gen 4 STICKS (Irons & Woods)... 2021

TRC723

On 11/30/2020 at 5:24 PM, ProjectX said:

What's up with PXG turning into 2009 Taylormade?

Let them devalue their brand all they want.. 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 11/30/2020 at 6:45 PM, TheMoneyShot said:

Times are changing...

Pxg is just another dtc brand now. Sub70, hogan, pxg, etc all the same. Pxg just has funding and a loud mouth.

i would say hogan is even more respected at this point.

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 3

BALL; Chrome Soft X

1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

As someone that’s bought a couple of PXG Gen 3 irons from people on the BST forum, I can see how frustrating it would be for the original owners to try an recoup any value.  I think I ended up paying more for used irons than what they are retailing for brand new right now.

That being said, they are great feeling and performing irons and serve a purpose for a specific distance and ball flight in my bag. Can’t complain too much about that. 

Then again, this is WRX - so I’ll end up buying new stuff anyway and dumping them back on BST eventually. Such a viscous cycle 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

PING G430 Max 8* Driver

PING G430 LST 14* Fairway Wood

PING G430 SFT 18* Fairway Wood

PING iCrossover 21.5* Hybrid

PING i500 5-UW

PING Glide 4.0 54* SW

PING Glide 4.0 58* LW

Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 Putter

14 minutes ago, ibluetooth said:

As someone that’s bought a couple of PXG Gen 3 irons from people on the BST forum, I can see how frustrating it would be for the original owners to try an recoup any value.  I think I ended up paying more for used irons than what they are retailing for brand new right now.

That being said, they are great feeling and performing irons and serve a purpose for a specific distance and ball flight in my bag. Can’t complain too much about that. 

Then again, this is WRX - so I’ll end up buying new stuff anyway and dumping them back on BST eventually. Such a viscous cycle 🙂

For sure. I don’t think their stuff is bad. I just don’t really like their mantra and hype. That’s all. We can all spend our money how we want. I sincerely hope everyone that buys them is happy. Sincerely.

But they are doing very strange things. I think this is really just a hobby for parsons.

Probably because he doesn’t own a sports franchise.. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Pxg is just another dtc brand now. Sub70, hogan, pxg, etc all the same. Pxg just has funding and a loud mouth.

i would say hogan is even more respected at this point.

Ahhhhhh, good ol' lack of respect...SMH...Pretty sure I've never seen respect on any list of key attributes to use when deciding what clubs to buy...These PXG threads have a way of bringing out the best in the haters...I could care less if someone respects my clubs as I'm taking their money...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly? I think they’re vastly overpriced for what you get, and I’m unsurprised that their “prestige” business model hasn’t worked for them. I think Mizuno, Srixon, and Taylormade make equally good or even better products (please find me better irons than the ZX, 921, or Taylormade forged lines- good luck).

Edited by Scottbox
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

How to film your golf swing:

Down The Line

11 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Ahhhhhh, good ol' lack of respect...SMH...Pretty sure I've never seen respect on any list of key attributes to use when deciding what clubs to buy...These PXG threads have a way of bringing out the best in the haters...I could care less if someone respects my clubs as I'm taking their money...

Sure. Play what you want.. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X

You know it was funny listening to Ian talk about TXG having no relationship with PXG earlier on their live today. It's because if they were to test PXG clubs like everything else everyone would see there is no difference between PXG and everything else on the market and they couldn't sell their clubs for 3x what other brands charge anymore.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

15 minutes ago, ProjectX said:

You know it was funny listening to Ian talk about TXG having no relationship with PXG earlier on their live today. It's because if they were to test PXG clubs like everything else everyone would see there is no difference between PXG and everything else on the market and they couldn't sell their clubs for 3x what other brands charge anymore.

No or very very few retailers have pxg relationships. It’s impossible. You buy clubs from them for a certain wholesale price expecting them to sell for a certain price and make a certain margin. But! Then they do these random sales, add product lines with no notice, change things all at once. No one other than them can handle the rapidly changing prices and price matching. They all lose money on pxg stuff. 

pxg can handle it because they can mark up and mark down products Willy nilly and still make a profit based off production costs rather than wholesale costs..

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Thanks 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Yeah tell me about those PXG prices.... 

I bought a set of GEN 3 before the release while I was in London so I already paid 20% more than the US (but I was ok with that at the time) then 6 months later they go and divide the price by 2...:) 

I do like them they feel and perform great but knowing I could have got a set of PXG and a Set of Epon for the same price that I paid by PXG kind of got to me...

Tho I do wait their 3 wood proto since for me their proto driver works quite well; 

11 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Hopefully we can get back on topic talking about the soon arriving Gen 4's and end story time...Not sure I have enough hot cocoa w/marshmallows to make it through the hate until then...

might be time to switch to coffee.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

It certainly will be interesting to see what the pricing is for the new Gen4 irons that are supposedly being introduced soon with what has happened to the price of the Gen3 line over the past 6 months.

Will they go with the former Gen3 $425/per intro price or with a much lower intro price.

Edited by BirdieBob

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

6 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

It certainly will be interesting to see what the pricing is for the new Gen4 irons that are supposedly being introduced soon with what has happened to the price of the Gen3 line over the past 6 months.

Will they go with the former Gen3 $425/per intro price or with a much lower intro price.

I think they will continue with their current pricing strategy.  It is working so far, and I think they will be able to sell equipment at their full ask to those that prefer PXG.  I have no opinion on PXG, never hit any of their clubs.  I do like watching PXG as a business and how they maneuver through their sales strategies and it is very interesting to me.  

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

On 12/17/2020 at 1:07 PM, BlkNGld said:

Actually the definition is "no longer effective or successful".   

He was simply stating that he's looking to sign up and coming players whose best days are ahead of them.

There is a big difference in saying that someone's best days are behind them - which even Tiger has acknowledged - and saying that they're ineffective or washed up.

Kind of like Rahm viz Mickelson at Callaway.

I'm actually curious whether PXG ever had discussions with Rahm... he seems like the kind of guy they'd be looking for.

Ah yes those up and comers like...

Gary Player? 

Pat Perez? 

Zach Johhnson?

5 hours ago, ND2005 said:

Ah yes those up and comers like...

Gary Player? 

Pat Perez? 

Zach Johhnson?

On point please.  Plenty of other forums for this ummm...perspective.  

Just ordered a proto driver and hybrid. Contemplating the irons.  Played the gen 3 p’s before but would like to try with some elevates.  Gen 4’s?  Wish I knew. 

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

8 minutes ago, goheels11 said:

Just ordered a proto driver and hybrid. Contemplating the irons.  Played the gen 3 p’s before but would like to try with some elevates.  Gen 4’s?  Wish I knew. 

I hit the Gen 3 P with elevate 95 last weekend at HQ and they felt so good and the numbers were ridiculous. I've played Gen 2 P before, but went to Gen 3 T because I like the smaller profile and workability. However, those Gen 3 P numbers haven't left my head yet and I'm trying not to succumb to the urge. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, goheels11 said:

you're going to like the hybrid. Imo it's the best club they make.

• Like 3

Callaway Customs Rogue ST Max LS @ 9.5 - LAGP Bryson Series 65-4

PING G430 LST 3W - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4

Callaway Apex UW 21° - LAGP Bryson Series 75-4
PING i210 4-U - Recoil Prototype Customs 95 F4
Artisan 54°, 58° - Recoil Prototype 95 F4
Artisan 0418 putter

Chrome Tour, Z-Grip+2, really weird full alligator Vokey stand bag that I've never seen pictures of on the internet

5 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

So, we’re just assuming the Gen 4’s are coming because of the continued discount on Gen 3, right? There aren’t even any rumors about Gen 4 yet, are there? 

There are pictures of a 0211fb iron...and   people have seen the proto 3 wood ...and others have said they saw a hybrid as well...but to your point ..a broader gen 4 line of clubs is still the question

17 minutes ago, Shakespeare said:

There are pictures of a 0211fb iron...and   people have seen the proto 3 wood ...and others have said they saw a hybrid as well...but to your point ..a broader gen 4 line of clubs is still the question

Gen 4 woods, hybrids and 0211fb...Not hearing much about Gen 4 0311s... I would venture to guess it would be late spring early summer at the earliest if they did release... Releasing the woods, hybrids and 0211 first would keep in line with a traditional production schedule... The Proto driver release was a one-off I believe...

• Like 1

Gen 4 wood & hybrid will be day 1 purchase for me. Gen 2 are that good.  If the new 0211 are indeed forged, I'll probably get those too, depending on the size of the head. Otherwise it will be Gen 3 0311T's. I love PXG clubs, they are great.

I chat with my fitter regularly. He recently said the new 0211 were in proto for a while and doesn't know the price point yet, but he thinks they will be low and will be a hot item. He mentioned the new woods & hybrids are getting some great feedback, like the proto driver.

Edited by eRod v1.0

PXG BO Tour-1 10.5° - Ventus Blue Velocore -or-

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 11.5°- Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

14 minutes ago, eRod v1.0 said:

Gen 4 wood & hybrid will be day 1 purchase for me. Gen 2 are that good.  If the new 0211 are indeed forged, I'll probably get those too, depending on the size of the head. Otherwise it will be Gen 3 0311T's. I love PXG clubs, they are great.

I chat with my fitter regularly. He recently said the new 0211 were in proto for a while and doesn't know the price point yet, but he thinks they will be low and will be a hot item. He mentioned the new woods & hybrids are getting some great feedback, like the proto driver.

What do we know about the 0211FB? Are the hollow? If so, it seems like PXG is cannibalizing the 0311T. 

1 hour ago, Lefty87 said:

What do we know about the 0211FB? Are the hollow? If so, it seems like PXG is cannibalizing the 0311T. 

The 0211FB stands for Forged Blade, so not hollow.  Just like the Forged Wedges.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

On 12/17/2020 at 2:07 PM, BlkNGld said:

Actually the definition is "no longer effective or successful".   

He was simply stating that he's looking to sign up and coming players whose best days are ahead of them.

There is a big difference in saying that someone's best days are behind them - which even Tiger has acknowledged - and saying that they're ineffective or washed up.

Kind of like Rahm viz Mickelson at Callaway.

I'm actually curious whether PXG ever had discussions with Rahm... he seems like the kind of guy they'd be looking for.

Highly unlikely. I don't see Bob paying the kind of money to sign a player. Rahm probably got 10 million a year from Callaway, new blood to replace Phil as the face of Callaway. He should consider Speith who needs a change of something.

I just bought a set of the hybrids for $195 each and have them sitting here in my bag waiting for a warm day.  I have been burned many times over the past 20 years trading in a club for the "newer model" only to find that I preferred the older model.  

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

18 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

I hit the Gen 3 P with elevate 95 last weekend at HQ and they felt so good and the numbers were ridiculous. I've played Gen 2 P before, but went to Gen 3 T because I like the smaller profile and workability. However, those Gen 3 P numbers haven't left my head yet and I'm trying not to succumb to the urge. 

Myself Ive had a couple sets of the Gen3 and I actually prefer rhe Gen2 myself.  Gen3 felt little mushy to me

• Like 1