PXG Gen 4 STICKS (Irons & Woods)... 2021

On 11/30/2020 at 5:24 PM, ProjectX said:

What's up with PXG turning into 2009 Taylormade?

Let them devalue their brand all they want.. 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are on the wrong site asking a question like that.  😂🤣

It's really not a PXG thread unless half the posts are by people who will never ever buy a PXG product

Just got home from my quick 30 minute fitting at PXG in Mesa for specs on my irons and rehit the Proto 5 wood. Perfect. Ordered it.   But.... got to hit the Gen4 P and it was crazy good for

Posted Images

On 11/30/2020 at 6:45 PM, TheMoneyShot said:

Times are changing...

Pxg is just another dtc brand now. Sub70, hogan, pxg, etc all the same. Pxg just has funding and a loud mouth.

i would say hogan is even more respected at this point.

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 3

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

As someone that’s bought a couple of PXG Gen 3 irons from people on the BST forum, I can see how frustrating it would be for the original owners to try an recoup any value.  I think I ended up paying more for used irons than what they are retailing for brand new right now.

That being said, they are great feeling and performing irons and serve a purpose for a specific distance and ball flight in my bag. Can’t complain too much about that. 

Then again, this is WRX - so I’ll end up buying new stuff anyway and dumping them back on BST eventually. Such a viscous cycle 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Taylormade SIM 2 Max 9* Driver

Taylormade SIM Rocket 14* (13*) Fairway Wood

Taylormade SIM 15* (17*) Fairway Wood

Taylormade SIM 2 Rescue 3, 4 Hybrids

PING I500 5-PW

Vokey SM8 Slate Blue 52.08F GW

Vokey SM8 Slate Blue 58.14K LW

PING Vault 2.0 Blackout Anser Putter

14 minutes ago, ibluetooth said:

As someone that’s bought a couple of PXG Gen 3 irons from people on the BST forum, I can see how frustrating it would be for the original owners to try an recoup any value.  I think I ended up paying more for used irons than what they are retailing for brand new right now.

That being said, they are great feeling and performing irons and serve a purpose for a specific distance and ball flight in my bag. Can’t complain too much about that. 

Then again, this is WRX - so I’ll end up buying new stuff anyway and dumping them back on BST eventually. Such a viscous cycle 🙂

For sure. I don’t think their stuff is bad. I just don’t really like their mantra and hype. That’s all. We can all spend our money how we want. I sincerely hope everyone that buys them is happy. Sincerely.

But they are doing very strange things. I think this is really just a hobby for parsons.

Probably because he doesn’t own a sports franchise.. 

• Like 1

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

Pxg is just another dtc brand now. Sub70, hogan, pxg, etc all the same. Pxg just has funding and a loud mouth.

i would say hogan is even more respected at this point.

Ahhhhhh, good ol' lack of respect...SMH...Pretty sure I've never seen respect on any list of key attributes to use when deciding what clubs to buy...These PXG threads have a way of bringing out the best in the haters...I could care less if someone respects my clubs as I'm taking their money...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly? I think they’re vastly overpriced for what you get, and I’m unsurprised that their “prestige” business model hasn’t worked for them. I think Mizuno, Srixon, and Taylormade make equally good or even better products (please find me better irons than the ZX, 921, or Taylormade forged lines- good luck).

Edited by Scottbox
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Da Bag...

TM SIM Max 10.5, Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 569 - R

Ping G410 14.5, Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 474 - R

Titleist TS2 19* and 22*, KBS Proto Hybrid R/S

Mizuno 921 SEL 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 750GH S

Titleist Vokey SM8 50, Nippon N.S. Pro 750GH S

Cleveland Zipcore 54/58 Low-Bounce, Nippon N.S. Pro 750GH S

TM Spider FCG Slant Neck 32"

11 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Ahhhhhh, good ol' lack of respect...SMH...Pretty sure I've never seen respect on any list of key attributes to use when deciding what clubs to buy...These PXG threads have a way of bringing out the best in the haters...I could care less if someone respects my clubs as I'm taking their money...

Sure. Play what you want.. 

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

You know it was funny listening to Ian talk about TXG having no relationship with PXG earlier on their live today. It's because if they were to test PXG clubs like everything else everyone would see there is no difference between PXG and everything else on the market and they couldn't sell their clubs for 3x what other brands charge anymore.

Titleist TSi3 10* Diamana D+ LTD 60 TX
Titleist TSi2 16.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 TX
Titleist TSi2 21* Diamana D+ LTD 80 TX

Srixon ZX Utlity 3-iron MMT Hybrid 100 TX

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Black C-Taper X
Mizuno T20 Raw C-Grind 57/11 & Ported 61/07 Black C-Taper S+

Evnroll ER2.2 MidBlade Putter Brushed Black CT Tour
Bridgestone Tour B XS

15 minutes ago, ProjectX said:

You know it was funny listening to Ian talk about TXG having no relationship with PXG earlier on their live today. It's because if they were to test PXG clubs like everything else everyone would see there is no difference between PXG and everything else on the market and they couldn't sell their clubs for 3x what other brands charge anymore.

No or very very few retailers have pxg relationships. It’s impossible. You buy clubs from them for a certain wholesale price expecting them to sell for a certain price and make a certain margin. But! Then they do these random sales, add product lines with no notice, change things all at once. No one other than them can handle the rapidly changing prices and price matching. They all lose money on pxg stuff. 

pxg can handle it because they can mark up and mark down products Willy nilly and still make a profit based off production costs rather than wholesale costs..

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Thanks 1

PUTTER; LAB DF2.1

Yeah tell me about those PXG prices.... 

I bought a set of GEN 3 before the release while I was in London so I already paid 20% more than the US (but I was ok with that at the time) then 6 months later they go and divide the price by 2...:) 

I do like them they feel and perform great but knowing I could have got a set of PXG and a Set of Epon for the same price that I paid by PXG kind of got to me...

Tho I do wait their 3 wood proto since for me their proto driver works quite well; 

11 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

Hopefully we can get back on topic talking about the soon arriving Gen 4's and end story time...Not sure I have enough hot cocoa w/marshmallows to make it through the hate until then...

might be time to switch to coffee.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9.25*  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5tx 
Titleist TSi3 5W 18* Tensei AV Raw White- x
Srixon Z 745 (4-pw) KBS tour-x
Mizuno T20 51* 54* 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
SC Studio Design no. 2
Pro V1

It certainly will be interesting to see what the pricing is for the new Gen4 irons that are supposedly being introduced soon with what has happened to the price of the Gen3 line over the past 6 months.

Will they go with the former Gen3 $425/per intro price or with a much lower intro price.

Edited by BirdieBob

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5 72g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5 80g X
CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST 102g X
TAYLORMADE SIM2 RESCUE, 22*, Diamana Thump 105g X
TAYLORMADE P790 - 4, 5, 6, PX IO 6.5
CALLAWAY APEX 21 TOUR CB, 4 - GW, PX IO 6.5

CALLAWAY APEX 21 MB, 5 - GW, PX LS 6.5

CALLAWAY JAWS Forged Wedges, Chrome, 55/11C; 60/10C; PX LS 6.5

VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 52/9F, DG TI x100; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX 
TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold

6 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

It certainly will be interesting to see what the pricing is for the new Gen4 irons that are supposedly being introduced soon with what has happened to the price of the Gen3 line over the past 6 months.

Will they go with the former Gen3 $425/per intro price or with a much lower intro price.

I think they will continue with their current pricing strategy.  It is working so far, and I think they will be able to sell equipment at their full ask to those that prefer PXG.  I have no opinion on PXG, never hit any of their clubs.  I do like watching PXG as a business and how they maneuver through their sales strategies and it is very interesting to me.  

Taylormade SIM 9* Accra TZ6 M5
Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX
Taylormade UDI 2 PX Smoke 6.5
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey SM7 52/56/60 S400
Taylormade SpiderX Flowneck Stability Tour

On 12/17/2020 at 1:07 PM, BlkNGld said:

Actually the definition is "no longer effective or successful".   

He was simply stating that he's looking to sign up and coming players whose best days are ahead of them.

There is a big difference in saying that someone's best days are behind them - which even Tiger has acknowledged - and saying that they're ineffective or washed up.

Kind of like Rahm viz Mickelson at Callaway.

I'm actually curious whether PXG ever had discussions with Rahm... he seems like the kind of guy they'd be looking for.

Ah yes those up and comers like...

Gary Player? 

Pat Perez? 

Zach Johhnson?

Callaway Rogue, AD-TP 6S
Callaway Epic Flash 3W        
Titleist U500, Tensei White 90 S
Miura Y Grind, Nippon Modus3 120S
Vokey SM7 52, 56 Callaway PM 60
Artisan 0217, Customer #62

5 hours ago, ND2005 said:

Ah yes those up and comers like...

Gary Player? 

Pat Perez? 

Zach Johhnson?

On point please.  Plenty of other forums for this ummm...perspective.  

Just ordered a proto driver and hybrid. Contemplating the irons.  Played the gen 3 p’s before but would like to try with some elevates.  Gen 4’s?  Wish I knew. 

WITB

SIM 9.0 Diamana TB Stiff or PXG Proto X+

XR Pro 18 Speeder stiff

PXG 22 Hybrid Evenflow 80G CB Stiff

Ping I210 or 2020 P770 

Glide 2.0 

Scotty 5.5M with custom welded neck

Pro V1X with Alignment aid

Way too many golf bags, but K1-LO walking and Ping Tour Stand riding

8 minutes ago, goheels11 said:

Just ordered a proto driver and hybrid. Contemplating the irons.  Played the gen 3 p’s before but would like to try with some elevates.  Gen 4’s?  Wish I knew. 

I hit the Gen 3 P with elevate 95 last weekend at HQ and they felt so good and the numbers were ridiculous. I've played Gen 2 P before, but went to Gen 3 T because I like the smaller profile and workability. However, those Gen 3 P numbers haven't left my head yet and I'm trying not to succumb to the urge. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, goheels11 said:

you're going to like the hybrid. Imo it's the best club they make.

• Like 3

Mavrik SZ TD - Diamana x'17 50S

PXG 0317x gen2 19* hybrid - MMT 80S
PXG 0211 4-SW - MMT 80S
Edison Forged 55*, 59* - MMT 105TX
Golo3 2014 - Pokéball weights
My swing: "something resembling a wet noodle" - My Boss.

5 hours ago, Lefty87 said:

So, we’re just assuming the Gen 4’s are coming because of the continued discount on Gen 3, right? There aren’t even any rumors about Gen 4 yet, are there? 

There are pictures of a 0211fb iron...and   people have seen the proto 3 wood ...and others have said they saw a hybrid as well...but to your point ..a broader gen 4 line of clubs is still the question

17 minutes ago, Shakespeare said:

There are pictures of a 0211fb iron...and   people have seen the proto 3 wood ...and others have said they saw a hybrid as well...but to your point ..a broader gen 4 line of clubs is still the question

Gen 4 woods, hybrids and 0211fb...Not hearing much about Gen 4 0311s... I would venture to guess it would be late spring early summer at the earliest if they did release... Releasing the woods, hybrids and 0211 first would keep in line with a traditional production schedule... The Proto driver release was a one-off I believe...

• Like 1

Gen 4 wood & hybrid will be day 1 purchase for me. Gen 2 are that good.  If the new 0211 are indeed forged, I'll probably get those too, depending on the size of the head. Otherwise it will be Gen 3 0311T's. I love PXG clubs, they are great.

I chat with my fitter regularly. He recently said the new 0211 were in proto for a while and doesn't know the price point yet, but he thinks they will be low and will be a hot item. He mentioned the new woods & hybrids are getting some great feedback, like the proto driver.

Edited by eRod v1.0

PXG 0811X+ Proto 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X 

PXG 0811X Gen 2 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X 

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* - Aldila NV Green 75X
PXG 0317X Gen 2 17* - Aldila NV Green 85X
PXG 0317X Gen 2 22* - Aldila NV Green 85X
PXG 0311P Gen 2 5-AW - Project X 6.5
PXG 0311T "Sugar Daddy" Black 54* - Project X 6.0
PXG 0311T "Sugar Daddy" Black 58* - Project X 6.0
PXG One & Done

14 minutes ago, eRod v1.0 said:

Gen 4 wood & hybrid will be day 1 purchase for me. Gen 2 are that good.  If the new 0211 are indeed forged, I'll probably get those too, depending on the size of the head. Otherwise it will be Gen 3 0311T's. I love PXG clubs, they are great.

I chat with my fitter regularly. He recently said the new 0211 were in proto for a while and doesn't know the price point yet, but he thinks they will be low and will be a hot item. He mentioned the new woods & hybrids are getting some great feedback, like the proto driver.

What do we know about the 0211FB? Are the hollow? If so, it seems like PXG is cannibalizing the 0311T. 

1 hour ago, Lefty87 said:

What do we know about the 0211FB? Are the hollow? If so, it seems like PXG is cannibalizing the 0311T. 

The 0211FB stands for Forged Blade, so not hollow.  Just like the Forged Wedges.

CALLAWAY Customs (Black w/Silver) "The FREAK" Mavrik Sub Zero Driver, 9*, Accra TZ6/M5 72g X
CALLAWAY Mavrik Sub Zero 3 Wood, 15*, Accra TZ6/M5 80g X
CALLAWAY Super Hybrid, 18*, NS Pro Modus Hybrid GOST 102g X
TAYLORMADE SIM2 RESCUE, 22*, Diamana Thump 105g X
TAYLORMADE P790 - 4, 5, 6, PX IO 6.5
CALLAWAY APEX 21 TOUR CB, 4 - GW, PX IO 6.5

CALLAWAY APEX 21 MB, 5 - GW, PX LS 6.5

CALLAWAY JAWS Forged Wedges, Chrome, 55/11C; 60/10C; PX LS 6.5

VOKEY SM8 "BIRDIE BOB" CUSTOM BRUSHED STEEL, 52/9F, DG TI x100; 58/8M, DG TI s400 ONYX 
TOULON GARAGE Austin Custom Rose Gold

On 12/17/2020 at 2:07 PM, BlkNGld said:

Actually the definition is "no longer effective or successful".   

He was simply stating that he's looking to sign up and coming players whose best days are ahead of them.

There is a big difference in saying that someone's best days are behind them - which even Tiger has acknowledged - and saying that they're ineffective or washed up.

Kind of like Rahm viz Mickelson at Callaway.

I'm actually curious whether PXG ever had discussions with Rahm... he seems like the kind of guy they'd be looking for.

Highly unlikely. I don't see Bob paying the kind of money to sign a player. Rahm probably got 10 million a year from Callaway, new blood to replace Phil as the face of Callaway. He should consider Speith who needs a change of something.

I just bought a set of the hybrids for $195 each and have them sitting here in my bag waiting for a warm day.  I have been burned many times over the past 20 years trading in a club for the "newer model" only to find that I preferred the older model.  

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSi3 9 degree driver with LAGP Trono 65 stiff shaft
Titleist TSi2 15 degree fwy with Ventus Blue 70 stiff shaft
PXG Gen2 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8  stiff shaft
Srixon zx7 5-pw with Steelfiber i95 stiff shafts
Vokey SM8 Raw wedges- 50, 54, and 60 degree with Steelfiber shafts
TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe

18 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

I hit the Gen 3 P with elevate 95 last weekend at HQ and they felt so good and the numbers were ridiculous. I've played Gen 2 P before, but went to Gen 3 T because I like the smaller profile and workability. However, those Gen 3 P numbers haven't left my head yet and I'm trying not to succumb to the urge. 

Myself Ive had a couple sets of the Gen3 and I actually prefer rhe Gen2 myself.  Gen3 felt little mushy to me

• Like 1