HBO: Tiger (2021)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From what I can tell this is a pretty fair doc. It is not necessarily nice, but does it need to be?   I started to listen to Johnny Wunders gear dive but couldn’t finish as his Tiger worship

I hope it's mostly about golf. I could care less about his personal life - it's none of my business. 

Sounds like you'll love the show --- just get to keep re-living someone else's tragedies for personal entertainment.  LOL, now will be giving the thread a hard pass and focus on a well deserved putter

Posted Images

This should definitely be a good watch. Definitely cashing in on some of the Last Dance hype by having another GOAT documentary but if it is half as a good as Last Dance then it will still be good.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

HBO Sports documentaries are always pretty solid. 

• Like 2

Callaway - Epic Subzero 9* Oban Kiyoshi White 68g 04

TEE - CB Pro Limited 16.5*  Oban Kiyoshi White 74g 04

TEE - CB Pro U 19* Paderson KINETIXX TS Hybrid 80

Miura - Baby Blades 4 - PW KBS Tour Black 120s

Vokey - SM7 52* 56* 60* KBS Tour Black 120s

S.C. - Art of Putting Newport 2 35"

Grips- Iomic Sticky 2.3 .60

5 hours ago, MattyO1984 said:

This should definitely be a good watch. Definitely cashing in on some of the Last Dance hype by having another GOAT documentary but if it is half as a good as Last Dance then it will still be good.

Agreed. 

I think with the thing with the Last Dance though, TV was at that point where it could make someone famous, but social media and "celeb" news wasn't around, so we didn't get every back story. Tiger basically came into that and evolved through it. So basically, in the Last Dance, its "let me tell you some Rodman stories you've never heard", where as I feel everything on Tiger now is "let me tell you this story for the third time" or adding a slightly different perspective to the same story. The last dance also had Jordan, the real Tiger docu will be when they actually get him to talk on it. (he may have approved this one, I don't know). 

Its also to look at both from perspective. With the Last dance, they glossed over anything bad that could have happened to Jordan, where Tiger stuff now is just all the bad stuff he did. Its almost like Jordan's moniker is "owing being a win at all costs, sometimes I had to be a mean guy to get it done", and Tigers is also that, but more the public piling on top that "we thought you were the messiah and oops you have problems too." (side note: i know Tiger did some "bad" things that really only affected him; but he's helped a lot more people than most, I feel that never gets addressed). 

• Like 4

If I do get a chance to watch this I will be FF'ing through the scandal stuff. I certainly have no interest in watching an interview with Rachel Uchitel. I get why it would be in the documentary but thanks to DVR's I don't have to watch it. I follow Tiger for his golf, not who he sleeps with.

• Like 1

I'm concerned. Tiger's done an amazing job staying on-topic (golf) during recent times, staying away from controversy. The ugliness of his fall from grace in 2009 has been politely put aside. But he never "said her name," and accepted a medal from a controversial figure. Is this documentary payback for him not doing as he's told? Sad if so. 

3 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

If I do get a chance to watch this I will be FF'ing through the scandal stuff. I certainly have no interest in watching an interview with Rachel Uchitel. I get why it would be in the documentary but thanks to DVR's I don't have to watch it. I follow Tiger for his golf, not who he sleeps with.

But all the golf just be like reruns of stuff we seen a million times.

I want hear RU story of how TW smokin gravity bongs wearin the green jacket and usin the claret jug, us open, and pga champ trophy to play beer pong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
44 minutes ago, tw_focus said:

Dumb, just dumb. Why don't we have an eight hour long exposé on the personal life of HBO producers, let's see who's been lying, cheating, stealing? TW has accomplished more in one year than all of these scum will accomplish combined in their entire lives. 

Yea but you don’t even know their names. False equivalence on steroids there lol

• Like 1
4 hours ago, nikeblades00 said:

I'll be the first to admit I hope they show all the dirt and all the controversy. That's good television! Who doesn't enjoy to watch the inner workings of good ol train wreck? If you don't then you are better than me. And anyways at least this trainwreck appears to have a very happy ending.

Ya i dont need to see it. He isnt the only one to nail every girl he could but only one other in our history has ever touched his level of play. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, paint94979 said:

Ya i dont need to see it. He isnt the only one to nail every girl he could but only one other in our history has ever touched his level of play. 

I won’t be watching either-and we have HBO.  The recent ESPN doc on Tiger was decent, but pretty much strictly about race.  Sounds like the HBO version is going to be too much tmz or enquirer for my taste.

WITB
Tools for the job!

3 hours ago, Shilgy said:

I won’t be watching either-and we have HBO.  The recent ESPN doc on Tiger was decent, but pretty much strictly about race.  Sounds like the HBO version is going to be too much tmz or enquirer for my taste.

That's the beauty of having a remote control, we can watch something else. 

But again I'm very interested to see what made him do what he did. However I'm not the type to throw stones. 

8 hours ago, nikeblades00 said:

I'll be the first to admit I hope they show all the dirt and all the controversy. That's good television! Who doesn't enjoy to watch the inner workings of good ol train wreck? If you don't then you are better than me. And anyways at least this trainwreck appears to have a very happy ending.

TW like,

Stevie, cut 7i off that bunker here?

Its straight in, you serious?

Yeah, flashbang lit me up, can’t see anything 

Right

Ok, f-it, I’ll just go Yoda here.

18F74709-BAA3-404F-80C9-9EE5762A9E20.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On the fence on this one.  How about a documentary about the evolution of his clubs from toddler to TM?  Anyone?

Wk

Mizuno ST200G 9* Diamana Blue D+ 60s
Mizuno 3Wood ST200 TS 15* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno 5Wood ST3200 18* Diamana White D+ 70s
Mizuno TBD

Mizuno TBD
Mizuno Wedge TBD
Mizuno M-Craft II 33"
Mizuno RS Tour

On 12/22/2020 at 4:51 PM, Circaflex said:

Trailer was released

Pumped for this to come out.

I just can't wait. 

The short trailer shows that this documentary will be controversial to say the least (an interview with a mistress is something I'd love to see). It digs deep into his personal life, trying to mortalize an immortal, and yet, it probably will cement Tiger's Zeus like status in the golf world.

Most famous people have their documentary(ies) made AFTER they have retired from their profession. 

Tiger's still touring and playing, and HBO just have to make a 2 part documentary about him now.

It shows that the name Tiger is still more relevant than ever. It can draw a huge audience, and frankly a lot of $$$ to whomever associated with that name.