Srixon Irons wait time.

Ryan19jwu

55 minutes ago, nostatic said:

It seems that shafts have been much of the hangup (though certain heads are now out of stock as well). Over the last month or two I've managed to order and receive ZX7 in 7-PW and ZX5 in 6-PW. I did order one or two clubs at a time, and spec'd a "stock" shaft (Recoil 95) which I think helped.

Probably was the case before, but as of now the zx7 heads are BO and expected to arrive some where next week. 

TLDR: Head used to be BO, then shaft and now Heads again 😅

Callaway Epic Max ls Ventus black 6x

Sim Ti AD Di 7x

818h Tensei pro white x stiff

Zx7 KBS tour x stiff 4-P

Cleveland Zipcore 52-56-60 S400 tour issue Onyx

Scotty cameron 5.5 phantom

8 hours ago, Aviador Naval said:

Some points to consider before you walk down that path...  You will have FAR less customization options.  If what you want is the stock stuff on the Srixon Japan website, you'll be in luck.  If you want something else, you're very likely to be greeted with a giant inhale and slow, "So desu ne..."

Even if you go the online route, you may be stymied.  I went into a large Japanese retailer about a few weeks ago to order a ZX5 5i with the stock Modus 105 shaft to go with the ZX5/7 combo I ordered from DDs.  The salesperson - extremely helpful, very good English, and with whom I had good rapport through previous purchases, called Srixon to inquire about the turn around time.  He was told, by Srixon Japan, that they don't sell ZX5 5 irons as individual irons because they are offered in the set (standard set is 5-PW).  They would sell a broken or lost club from a previously purchased set but not any individual clubs that are offered in the standard set.

I've lived here three times and have a deep affection for the Japanese and their culture.  However, "flexibility" is not a word you would typically find listed under "Pro" in a catalog of their attributes...

Additionally, last week there were quite a few sales as part of Golden Week and I drove around "shelf checking" the used racks for clubs with AD-DI shafts (Got 4 for a total cost less than the cost for one from any US retailer but that's another story...).  Anyway, the only full set of ZX irons I saw on any shelf in 5 different stores was ZX4.  Before the Masters, virtually every place had them in all three models.

I usually go with all standard when it comes to iron specs, so customization isn't my concern, the lack of goods available in the market, however, might prove to be a problem... 

Thank you very much for your insight. 🙂

4 hours ago, rondre3000 said:

Do you not have a set of sticks to play with right now? Also, what is your set make-up (model, shafts, etc)?

I ended up buying a set of X5/X7 on here to play with. Same specs, lol.  But I paid more. So I guess it's just about getting them new.

• Like 1

10.5˚ TaylorMade Stealth Plus

18° Titleist TSR2 5 Wood

21° Titleist TSR2 7 Wood

4-PW Titleist T100s Black

50˚ Titleist SM8 Black

54˚ Titleist SM8 Black

60˚ Titleist SM8 Black

Bettinardi Hive 8.0

Bridgestone Tour B-XS

16 hours ago, Dannyboy44 said:

Looks like golf galaxy has stock options available to ship when i looked 4-pw in zx5.

I just ran to my local Golf Galaxy and picked up a full set of ZX5’s

• Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58*
Odyssey 5K #7 34”

Ordered zx4 with steelfibers on May 3rd and picked them up yesterday so 10 days for what srixon called exotic shafts. That’s pretty impressive honestly precovid. Also got the zx utility iron which was a stock x flex as well in the same time period. Only thing that didn’t come was the 5 wood but that’s ok with the quick turn around with the irons. 

Placed my order on Feb 19th... Still waiting.. 

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Placed an order end of march for ZX7's with with $ Tapers. Shafts seem to be the hold up for me

Driver Taylormade Qi10

3W Ping G430 LST 5W Callaway Apex UW 

4i Mizuno Fli Hi 5-PW Ping Blueprint S

GW 50 Ping Glide 4.0 SW 56 Vokey S LW 62 Vokey M

Putters Kevin Burns 9306 Ball Titleist Pro V1

Ordered zx5/7 combo on april 9th through club champion after a fitting....emailed them 2 weeks ago to find out they didnt even put the order in for the clubs..got email last friday saying club were in but still had to be built and the fitter/builder would get around to them if he had time...so could have had my clubs sooner than later if they would have put the order in when i payed for them and not waited a month to do so....and now have to wait till he has time to build them

On 5/14/2021 at 10:19 AM, QuigleyDU said:

Placed my order on Feb 19th... Still waiting.. 

Jeez...brutal!! 😲

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Order placed March 13th and received April 27th. ZX5 4-PW w/ PX 5.5. Definitely worth the wait.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max - Denali Black 6.0

Callaway Paradym 3W - PX Black 6.0

PXG 0311 5W - PX Black 6.0

Srixon ZX4 4-6 - DGS400TI

Srixon ZX5 7-8 - DGS400TI

Srixon ZX7 9-PW - DGS400TI

Taylormade MG3 54 & 58 DGS400

Taylormade Spider X Hydroblast

Titleist PROV1

Vessel 2.0 Stand Bag

5 hours ago, Jackal24 said:

Ordered zx5/7 combo on april 9th through club champion after a fitting....emailed them 2 weeks ago to find out they didnt even put the order in for the clubs..got email last friday saying club were in but still had to be built and the fitter/builder would get around to them if he had time...so could have had my clubs sooner than later if they would have put the order in when i payed for them and not waited a month to do so....and now have to wait till he has time to build them

I feel your pain. I ordered a zx5/7 combo with KBS Tour-V shafts (OEM build) on March 8th through them too. Order was put in right away, but they keep pushing the estimated ship back (Srixon to CC headquarters) 4 weeks at a time. Supposed to now ship 5/21 (doubt it though). Was 4/20 and originally earlier before that. They won't tell me what the delay is, which is BS. I can't believe the clubs can't go directly to the store, considering it's an OEM build. They expect the clubs to sit around for a few weeks at the CC headquarters before they ship to the CC store for me to pick-up. I can't believe that! Their logistics are absurd and the fact that they wouldn't prioritize the shipment to the store is unacceptable. I'll never order through them again. In-store fitting experience was actually fantastic, sadly. The company needs some rework though.

13 hours ago, SaucySpinners88 said:

I feel your pain. I ordered a zx5/7 combo with KBS Tour-V shafts (OEM build) on March 8th through them too. Order was put in right away, but they keep pushing the estimated ship back (Srixon to CC headquarters) 4 weeks at a time. Supposed to now ship 5/21 (doubt it though). Was 4/20 and originally earlier before that. They won't tell me what the delay is, which is BS. I can't believe the clubs can't go directly to the store, considering it's an OEM build. They expect the clubs to sit around for a few weeks at the CC headquarters before they ship to the CC store for me to pick-up. I can't believe that! Their logistics are absurd and the fact that they wouldn't prioritize the shipment to the store is unacceptable. I'll never order through them again. In-store fitting experience was actually fantastic, sadly. The company needs some rework though.

Agreed!  Liked the fitting process from them and the fitter I had but how they handle things afterwards is bad. Also twice as expensive. Would do a fitting again through them but will not place orders through CC anymore. Sad

On 5/4/2021 at 2:58 PM, Hawkeye77 said:

"What if I love it more?" is definitely the danger, lol.  Curiosity has been killing me and nowhere to find a demo day or hit off anything but a mat into a screen.

With the recent information on delays and maybe not seeing the zx5 8 iron I ordered a couple off weeks ago on a whim until late June or early July, I decided just to cancel it.  The zx7s are performing better the more I get out and golf and my swing/strength/stamina is coming along which helps.  No reason to tempt fate.  I can always get a zx5 to try when supply side sorts itself out in a few months or even next spring, no big deal here.

Hope others get theirs soon.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:05 AM, SaucySpinners88 said:

My son got Ping irons from CC with KBS shafts. His fitter said the clubs are actually built by CC at their Illinois HQ. I was under the impression that they build all their orders??? Someone in another thread said he had a friend that worked at CC. He said they have all the iron sets shipped to Illinois with whatever shaft is the standard OEM offering that you’d see on the rack at a retailer. They then remove the shafts and install whatever shaft you were fitted for. Then sell the shafts they took out. 

10 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

With the recent information on delays and maybe not seeing the zx5 8 iron I ordered a couple off weeks ago on a whim until late June or early July, I decided just to cancel it.  The zx7s are performing better the more I get out and golf and my swing/strength/stamina is coming along which helps.  No reason to tempt fate.  I can always get a zx5 to try when supply side sorts itself out in a few months or even next spring, no big deal here.

Hope others get theirs soon.

I ended up cancelling my ZX4 6-iron for the same reason, ZX5s have been so great, no reason to even experiment.

I waited like 8 weeks or so for my ZX5s, and it was worth the wait. But I had (and will always have) a backup set.

The upside to these equipment delays is it has kept my money in my wallet. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

I have to admit that when I received the email wanting me to rate my customer service experience with _____ (which was a simple email acknowledgment of my cancellation of the 8 iron) I just couldn't think of a way to praise her for the lighting speed in cancelling an order that was cancelled because of the slowness with which it would be fulfilled.  And I know they face challenges and understand that - just seemed ironic, lol. Can't be easy working in customer service for anyone the past many months.

I cancelled my ZX4 4 iron after a month, was still given an unknown ship date.  Ended up buying a set of stock Z585s, 4-pw for $699 new that my local Edwin Watts had in stock.  I'm going to put the 4 iron in the bag, and may pull a set of recoil protos I have in an old set of Titleist CBs and put them in the 585s when my 785 grooves  wear down.

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Srixon  ZX 5 MKii 4-7 irons  ZX7 MKii  8-PW PX LZ 6.0 black

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

Spider Tour CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

5 hours ago, TiScape said:

My son got Ping irons from CC with KBS shafts. His fitter said the clubs are actually built by CC at their Illinois HQ. I was under the impression that they build all their orders??? Someone in another thread said he had a friend that worked at CC. He said they have all the iron sets shipped to Illinois with whatever shaft is the standard OEM offering that you’d see on the rack at a retailer. They then remove the shafts and install whatever shaft you were fitted for. Then sell the shafts they took out. 

Interesting. I thought they usually have an upcharge for them to do the build, which is why I figured OEM build was going to be Srixon building the clubs and them just checking the lies/lofts in Illinois. If that's the case, it should have made my order quicker then, if CC is sourcing each component. Who the heck knows. I even ordered with no grips to try to rule that supply delay out. 

13 minutes ago, SaucySpinners88 said:

Interesting. I thought they usually have an upcharge for them to do the build, which is why I figured OEM build was going to be Srixon building the clubs and them just checking the lies/lofts in Illinois. If that's the case, it should have made my order quicker then, if CC is sourcing each component. Who the heck knows. I even ordered with no grips to try to rule that supply delay out. 

It would be nice to get a definitive answer to how exactly the process works at CC. If indeed there is an “OEM build” option. We certainly weren’t told about it. 

Edited by TiScape

1 hour ago, Mike_C said:

I cancelled my ZX4 4 iron after a month, was still given an unknown ship date.  Ended up buying a set of stock Z585s, 4-pw for $699 new that my local Edwin Watts had in stock.  I'm going to put the 4 iron in the bag, and may pull a set of recoil protos I have in an old set of Titleist CBs and put them in the 585s when my 785 grooves  wear down.

I ordered a ZX4 4i on the Srixon site on 10may, received it 18may. Assuming you ordered not long after they were announced?

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023