Tiger Car Accident. ***All Content Subject to Moderation***

HateTheHighDraw

3 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

I still feel bad for TW. He’s paying a steep price.

We have all driven recklessly....

One time, I was on the Triborough bridge, driving like a madman cause this Italian girl was makin me ziti and I was running late!

I pulled a dopey move, got rear ended at full stop by a Bronco that was doing like 50. My hatchback jumped a lane, hit the center divider, rolled onto its side and everything went into slowwwwww motion....

I saw my car rolling right off the bridge and plummeting a hundred feet into the river!

But I had Uncle Rico reflexes back then abd i somehow extricated my legs as the car rolled so I ended up standing on the passenger door as the car slid to a stop on its passenger side!

Then, I walked out the back of the hatchback!

There were like a thousand people in stopped cars staring at me like I was a ghost. This lady ran to me and hugged me like, “You’re alive!”

So, I call the girl from the bridge to tell her what happened and she’s like,

”So, are you coming? I made all this ziti”

😂

Anyway, point is, I could have been killed or hurt others and it would have been all my fault.

This seems like TWs fault but I can still feel bad for him. 

This is the greatest story ever told!

• Thanks 1

The most likely explanation seems to be that he was running late, drove too fast, and ultimately wrecked. I'm glad to hear the police thought he was coherent and speaking with them while he was in the car. 

The two things that don't add up though

i) Why were there no signs of the brakes being applied at the scene? It's like 200 feet from where he hit the sign to where the car wound up.

ii) Why would he feel the need to rush? He's worth a billion dollars, one of the most famous people on the planet - the show starts when you get there. 

• Like 2

Taylormade M3 10.5 /HZRDS 6.5X
Titleist 913fd 15
Taylormade GAPR Mid 3
Titleist 716MB 7-PW
Titleist 716CB 4-6

Vokey SM8 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Tel3 Newport

Bridgestone Tour B X

2 minutes ago, pmo09 said:

The most likely explanation seems to be that he was running late, drove too fast, and ultimately wrecked. I'm glad to hear the police thought he was coherent and speaking with them while he was in the car. 

i) Why were there no signs of the brakes being applied at the scene? It's like 200 feet from where he hit the sign to where the car wound up.

ii) Why would he feel the need to rush? He's worth a billion dollars, one of the most famous people on the planet - the show starts when you get there. 

And also no skid marks at all. It’s weird. 

I hope people do see him at the Masters this year, it would be perfect to see him at the 1st tee for the ceremonial start of the tournament where people could see him recovering from the accident and give him their best wishes. There would be a lot of wet eyes if he could show up there, and it would do him some good as well. shoot, if he can let him putt on a hole somewhere or make a swing or two at the par 3 course if he can do it.

Frankly I doubt he will be able far enough along in his therapy/recovery to go, but maybe some sports book can put a line up as motivation for him.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Reading through this thread and comments only proves we have a lot of idiots on this site...

Well, a simple post search by user will let you know who some of the nutty people are.  Some of the same people have been going at this for years...in all the Tiger threads...so nothing new there. 

• Like 1

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

5 minutes ago, pmo09 said:

I'd start with a potential conflict between those two points.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, m d g said:

Why are you being a jerk? I made an observation. Maybe he's stopped working out. Maybe he's taking cortisone for swelling. Lighten up...Jeez. My other comment was a suggestion and remains valid.

My apologies for that. Being fatigued can cause that as well. My first thought when I saw that interview was that he looked completely worn out due to tournament and contractual obligations that week.  Driving probably gives him some kind of normalcy or independence since people want to do everything for wealthy people. 

• Like 1

Looks like he missed that phone pole right next to the road!
This couldve been a much worse situation. Its selfish at this moment to worry about seeing him play let alone win more majors.
Lets just be grateful he is still with us and can share his knowledge of this game we all love! From the pictures we couldve been very easily singing a different tune at this moment. 
FWIW remember he has won with a broken leg before... maybe not compound fracture but screws/plates can fix those. Painful as a sum &!tch

not to mention if they have to cut muscles/tendons and the rehab if they do is MISERABLE!

3 hours ago, CasualLie said:

Ah...starting to make some sense now.

Terranea is a posh place, lots of big bungalows for privacy, so I can see TW staying there.  A little odd though given it would take forever to drive from Riviera to there...

And the TMZ story sounds totally legit because I can see Terranea being popular for photo/commercial shoots.  The real legitimacy come from getting out of that place with valet, f'n sucks.  It's a pretty wide U to the lobby, but so many cars parked close to each other with people just doing what they feel like to pop in and get their lattes.  Last time there, it was literally 30 minutes to get out, I was pissed too trying to get to Trump National on time (another story).

But calling Terranea a golf resort is hilarious.  It's got a nine hole pitch and putt (ok, maybe if it is windy a 9 iron is needed), great condition, but it is small.

A lot of people drive fast on Palos Verdes Dr and Hawthorne, it is standard.  Worse, if there is some traffic then you got the weavers going in and out of left/right lane.  So he gets the latte at Starbucks on the corner, heads up Hawthorne, going a little too fast, mistakes the Hyundai for the handling of his Porsche, check the text while sipping the latte and oops that corner came up too fast!

This is most likely the sequence of events. I grew up here and have driven that road thousands of times. 

If youre not riding the brakes its easy to get up to 75mph without thinking anything of it. in fact, there is an emergency truck runoff full of sand and rocks right next to where tiger crashed (just like they have on the grapevine).

I'm guessing he was sending an "i'm gonna be late" text, looked up, and at that point just hold on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KAndyMan said:

Looks like he missed that phone pole right next to the road!
This couldve been a much worse situation. Its selfish at this moment to worry about seeing him play let alone win more majors.
Lets just be grateful he is still with us and can share his knowledge of this game we all love! From the pictures we couldve been very easily singing a different tune at this moment. 
FWIW remember he has won with a broken leg before... maybe not compound fracture but screws/plates can fix those. Painful as a sum &!tch

not to mention if they have to cut muscles/tendons and the rehab if they do is MISERABLE!

“screws/plates can fix those”?!

Tigers golf career is finished. Let’s hope he lives. He be happy to walk and maybe play with Charlie.

Plus, he gonna have like a Federal license revocation. Do they have that? If not they invent it for him. 

“Screws/plates can fix those” 

You rock KAM ; )

TW got more hardware in him than like

84F361E9-8CAF-40A3-8181-11CF410FF620.jpeg

3 minutes ago, jonsnow said:

Do we know if Tiger is out of surgery yet? I haven't seen anything saying he has, would think Steinberg will have a statement on the extent of the injuries & prognosis when he is out.

Haven’t heard anything yet. Gary Williams and Kraig Kann were on SXM until 10:30 PM and there was nothing at that point on this specifically. 

Edited by Draw Driver
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PuttCurseRepeat said:

I did not see the news conference. Was a cause of the accident given? If not, it belies commons sense not to ponder the possible causes. While it does happen,, it is not normal for a vehicle to randomly flip off the road.

That’s exactly the point, the cause of the accident hasn’t been determined yet and is under investigation.

The sheriff did say that there was no sign of intoxication and that Tiger seemed lucid though, so doesn’t that mean the DUI accusations were premature and that we should be staying more open-minded to what the actual cause could have been?

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

2 minutes ago, Draw Driver said:

Has this incident been confirmed as reckless driving? 

If he wasn’t driving recklessly or too fast, he wouldn’t have crashed.

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 8.5° A-1 setting Graphite Design YS-6+ 65g stiff

Wood:  Titleist 980F 17° Aldila NV stiff

Hybrid: Titleist 909H 21° Aldila Voodoo stiff 

Irons:  Titleist 716 AP2 4- W  DG AMT S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7  54°,  58° DG S200

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot #1 Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

The golf media and "journalists" are a joke. It's like they're waiting for Steinny to release the next TW statement... for once I'd like to see them break a story instead of being afraid of trying to upset anyone. 

This is a huge story and the only thing that is being reported by them is what has been made public. 

• Like 1