Youtube channels based on stolen intelectual property

Howard_Jones

About a year ago, i noticed that my "DIY driver tune up" is used as the basics for a rather bad instructional video on Youtube without my permission (by a member of this forum), and he was confronted with the facts directly on Youtube, AND in here, YouTube was contacted about the same, but the video is still there, so both this fellow and YouTube makes money on my property without my permission.

A year has gone, the video is seen 34.886 times and google tells me it pays off average 0.18 USD so that should give him 6.280 USD since April 28. last year.

Is this OK?

Is this the way to say thanks you Howard for all the good stuff you have shared with us for free, and all those thousands of hours ive spent here to help others, ALL FOR FREE the latest 11 years?

I just lost the last of my once rather large fortune on this Plandemic, and im not exactly happy when i see others pissing up my back like this and even make good cash on it, so for me...this is the end of this road helping others for free, ive had it....

So AdamC....are you proud of this?

Edited by Howard_Jones
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 17

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

11 minutes ago, Kevmonton said:

Sorry to read this Howard.  You have been an asset to this web page. Some people have no values at all.  My self I truly believe in karma.  Trust me when I say AdamC will get his someday. You may never know it but he will get his.

I simply feel sorry for that man, i told him a year ago, he is still in here to lurk for traffic he makes money on, but ok...its hard times, i understand that but ain there any limits for whats decent anymore?

My meter say close to 12.200 posts, many of them took me 30-60 minute to write, i never got a dime for it, i never asked either, i did it for the love of this game and because that kind of help was not available when i needed it, so i wanted to make a difference....and i did, but this aint funny anymore, when you experience that the law for freeware and free information who contain intellectual property who prohibits commercial reuse aint respected, but some have no respect for the law or other people property

Edited by Howard_Jones
  • Like 2

I'm not going to look at the YT video as that just further benefits him but I'm certainly going to block him here. What a tool!

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I will not click that link.  

Wow, I did not know this.  What a shame.  Sorry it happened to one of the best resources on this website.

There is a trend of people abusing the forum for personal business use.  I am not talking about the instruction or sponsor posts/threads.

• Like 3

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

24 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

I will not click that link.  

Wow, I did not know this.  What a shame.  Sorry it happened to one of the best resources on this website.

There is a trend of people abusing the forum for personal business use.  I am not talking about the instruction or sponsor posts/threads.

I laughing about it all, really, i was a big fool, why did i ever open a profile here and give my unique knowledge away for free on top of all those hours?
I should have done like this man or TXG, then i could just lean back and let the money run  in, instead ive been fighting a e-mail box in here filled up with SUPER EGIOSTs questions who dont even whant to share their questions and my answers with other readers, but sure, a 3 letter long letter is nothing for me to read and give detailed and qualified answer to, plus a few follow up mails...all for free...

its been a few thousand of those mails too during this years, but ive stopped repyling to them since this is a returning  problem everytime WRX has updated their platform...then my mail is open for rape again...

Here is a few if the latest: 

Hello,

I have been fitted for some clubs and I'd like to MOI match then when I build the set. I've read several of your posts about the process and they've been very helpful. I was wondering if you have a single post, document, or blog post about how to do the process? It's a just disorienting finding the process from various forum posts. My biggest concern is that I don't have much club building experience, so I'm a bit worried about really messing up one clubs swing weight doing something stupid.

Thank you very much!

Roarke

• I hope you’ll entertain this inquiry.  I’m partially thinking out loud here.  I don’t have access to a good outdoor fitter, but do know what I like and don’t like.  I’d rather fit something blind based on my history than trying to do it on a monitor indoors with someone who doesn’t know my game.  You helped me previously on an inquiry into Flighted Rifles, so hoping you might have some insight here.

Background:  I’m 45, have been playing since I was 5 years old – somewhere currently between 1-3 handicap depending on the day.  For the last 30 years my irons have been +1/2 inch and 3 up via Pings old specs.  For nearly 20 years I’ve mostly gamed i3+ with original Royal Precision (pre 2012) Flighted Rifles 6.0 SSx1 build by Ping WRX.  D3 SW and 185 carry with my 6 iron (37.75 inch 31 loft – most modern sets probably have this as a 7 iron).  Grips are 50-52 gram full cord.  I’d say my trajectory is “mid” compared to most young low handicaps – I say I’m not a guy you notice as “he hits low bullets” or “he hits moon balls”….I’m just in the middle.  While I’d like to launch long irons higher, I don’t think I’m worried about needing shafts built to intentionally lower shorter irons at this point.  I’ll hit ¾ knockdown shots with 6-PW when appropriate, but don’t need “flighted” design to keep them down on a stock shot. 

I originally got into the Flighted Rifles because I loved the higher launching long irons.  What I’ve noticed last year, and coming out of a trip to Phoenix this week is that I’m laboring with the long irons (3-5), mid irons are “ok” (6-7), while the short irons still swing great (8-PW).  I know you’ve said the long irons are very heavy in this descending weight set.  These long irons I just don’t launch like I used to especially off the turf (I can mask it a bit off the tee) and my back swing gets long trying to get them going.  I hate hybrids and I’m not intimidated looking at long irons, but need to hit them higher if they are going to stay in the bag.  I always carry a 24 degree iron (4) and occasionally a 21 (3) or 18 (2) depending on conditions.  What's weird is that I haven't lost any distance 6-PW with this exact same setup over 20 years....I do think I've lost a few carry yards off the fairway 3-5 as I don't hit them as high as I used to --- but I mask it off the tee as I can artificially increase the loft off a wood tee.  

My opinion is that most amateurs can’t hit the ball too high – same true with me.  I’ve tried some other sets but always revert to the i3+ with Flighted Rifles.  Short lived experiments with other ping heads: Ping JZ Stiff w/cushion (too heavy long irons – constant weight), Ping AWT 2.0 (Nippon) – 119g (weight ok / would like to hit them higher),  KBS Tour S – 120g (weight ok / would like to hit them higher), Ping ZZ65 – 108g.

These examples all were D3 swingweight, but when I got to the ZZ65 my swing went all over the place especially in the long irons.  It spooked me away from light shafts entirely.  I thought the SW at D3 would keep my swing solid but I tried to swing them way too damn fast and swing path went everywhere. 

I’ve also noticed increased elbow and joint pain when I play consecutive days like this week (4 days in a row).  Getting old sucks…..but I have a long time yet to play this game.  It’s time for me to think about this as the next phase in my golf career.

Leads me to my inquiry ---  I’m ready to test out graphite iron shafts.  I’m trying not to just buy into the hype, but what do you think about the MMT?  In taper tip model what would you think about the 125S or the 105TX SSx1 or x2?.  The thing I keep coming back to is how good my flighted rifles 6.0 @ +1/2” swing in my 8-PW.  I saw a grid you posted previously that would put the 7-PW in 5.5 blanks to make the 6.0 flighted, but I don’t know the weights.  I just don’t think anything less than 105 grams is going to work well but I really want to launch the ball higher on stock iron shots while still being about to knock them down under the wind when appropriate.  If there are other graphite iron shafts in weights you'd suggest I explore, please let me know as well.

Sorry for the rambling message.  Thanks for any insight.  I didn’t want to post my life story on the board for a bunch of people chiming in….I just wanted your opinion.  Thanks for consideration of this request.

I did some measuring today on a few clubs - all ping / D3 / 37.75 inch 6 iron / 50g(ish) grips.  There are multiple Ping model irons in this list, but they are all my specs with the exception of the very last example.  I am a little surprised by these findings.  Would any of these be a good "total weight" or "dynamic playing weight" comparison to the MMT 105TX or 125S?  

Flighted Rifles (these are the set that swing heavy in the long irons described originally)

• 3 iron:  421g total club weight
  • 4 iron:  426g
  • 6 iron:  434g
  • 8 iron:  444g ------  I'm totally confused now because this is the baseline club that I hit the best / have the best temp.  Didn't expect the heaviest club in this email to swing the best for me.  

Ping ZZ65.  Ping lists this as a 108g constant weight cut 7 iron shaft.  I mentioned this shaft felt very light / lost my swing feel in the long irons.

• 6 iron:   430g total club weight.  

Ping AMT 2.0 (Nippon).  Ping lists this as a 119g cut 7 iron shaft.

• 3 iron:  410g
  • 6 iron:  437g

KBS Stiff .  Ping lists this as a 114g cut 7 iron shaft.  

• 6 iron:  438g

Modus 105 S --- This is my son's set:  -1/4 inch from all above and D1 / slightly lighter grip.  Ping lists this as a 106g cut 7 iron shaft.

• 3 iron:  398g
  • 6 iron:  415g

I've never looked at total weight before, only swing weight.  I guess I'm a little surprised the descending weight (flighted rifles) and ascending weight (AMT) have a similar total weight increase slope from long to short irons.  I guess I was hoping to see a number with the 8 iron that would say "MMT 105TX SSx1" or "MMT 125S" is the clear match.  Maybe I can't base anything off total weight and just need the closest cut shaft weight to that 8 iron and hope for the best.  Any insight is appreciated.  I just know I need to try graphite for elbow and joint pain at this point, and hoping one of these two MMT are a clear likely favorite.  I don't know how much weight is approximately lost when butt trimming these taper tips to the final length (looks to be about 1 inch butt trim required based on the raw length).

These are the MMT specs for the two shafts I think are the most likely fit (3-PW)

image.png.22d89a887bf88553fcc8bf4ec96a0b5e.png

Hello HJ,

I was hoping you could provide some advice in regards to iron shafts.  I have read many of your comments, see how knowledgeable you are on this subject , & trust your opinion.   If this message is annoying, i totally understand if it gets ignored but thought id ask anyway.  
i am currently gaming C Taper 120s with Apex Pro 19s.  Current numbers:

7 iron

112-118 ball speed

~ 165 yrds

launch between 19-22

Spin around 5300-6000

So i am currently going thru the process of getting new irons & lookinh at the Zx7 combo with the zforged from W-8.

i do like the feel of the CTapers but tend to launch them pretty high, especially in the low irons..id love to get that trajectory down a bit but otherwise i enjoy them.

i was fitted into the Srixons with a Project X LS 6.0.  The launch def csme down to 17-19 but that is probably due to lower loft in zx7. I did like the feel but not 100% sold on them. Play to a 4 hcp and my miss tends to be high hands & can release a bit early causing fat/thin.   So my question is, do you have any advice on which shaft or shaft type would help with minimizing that early release tendency?  I have been intrigued by the DG x100 or the DG120x.   I was thinkinh that their bend profile maybe help keep the head of club a bit more behind hands at impact, thsn say the CTaper or Project X.    Or should i go heavier? Will that help delay release a bit.    Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

Hello Howard,

I have been searching and reading a lot and you keep coming up as the most knowledgeable resource I have come across.  I apologize for reaching out but I do have a question if you would be so kind.

I am in the process of ordering a set of Mizuno irons.  I have been fit in to KBS C-Taper S+, however Mizuno only offers S & X options.  I would like to either hard step a S or an X as to get the shaft as close as possible to the S+ in terms of flight and weight.  I understand from reading your posts, that stepping each way will alter the weight and performance in opposite directions.

I demoed the S, and it was too soft but I didn't mind the weight of the shaft.  I also demoed the X, and it was heavier than I prefer and felt it was a tad too stiff.  

7 iron SS is 90 with a total distance of 195.

Should I hard step a S once or twice, or should I soft step an X?

If you could recommend to me what expert opinion would be, I would be very grateful.

Thank you

Howard,

Really been enjoying reading your detailed post about club building.

I have built a few sets, but they have always been with already cut and gripped shafts, so I've just done SW matching as best I could, typically around D4.

I have a new upcoming build using new uncut shafts for the first time, and would like to try MOI matching the set.

I just have simple club building tools/supplies and a SW scale.

how would you suggest I start?

ex. build 1 iron to standard specs, test it, then add weight to head until desired feel is found, then do slope progression from there?

do you have a spreadsheet template to put in all of the specs/weights for shaft, heads, grips, etc?

FYI on the build and me.

Mizuno MP-20 MMC heads, currently at standard loft and lie

C-Taper 125 S+ shafts, new uncut

Grips will either be GP new decade, or MCC+4

I'm 6'3" and a 5.0 handicap

92-94 MPH SS for 7 iron.

in recent fitting at a local club, pro suggested +0.5" over standard length, mainly because I was have a lot of toe strike misses that day.

I was hitting off mats, in golf spikes, and thought that might be a slight contribution to the toe strikes as well.

thanks in advance and look forward to hearing back from you.

-Paul

Edited by Howard_Jones

28 minutes ago, extrastiff said:

@adamc why are you so petty? Come defend your blatant thievery. 

Howard, I am in video production, and if you ever want to start a platform on YouTube, and make the first video a much classier remake of the garbage I’m sure he put out, let me know, on the house. 

Would subscribe

Yeah no one on here should be getting paid if Howard isn't

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Howard_Jones said:

About a year ago, i noticed that my "DIY driver tune up" is used as the basics for a rather bad instructional video on Youtube without my permission (by a member of this forum), and he was confronted with the facts directly on Youtube, AND in here, YouTube was contacted about the same, but the video is still there, so both this fellow and YouTube makes money on my property without my permission.

A year has gone, the video is seen 34.886 times and google tells me it pays off average 0.18 USD so that should give him 6.280 USD since April 28. last year.

Is this OK?

Is this the way to say thanks you Howard for all the good stuff you have shared with us for free, and all those thousands of hours ive spent here to help others, ALL FOR FREE the latest 11 years?

I just lost the last of my once rather large fortune on this Plandemic, and im not exactly happy when i see others pissing up my back like this and even make good cash on it, so for me...this is the end of this road helping others for free, ive had it....

So AdamC....are you proud of this?

That's truly reprehensible, Howard.
I always enjoy and appreciate your sharing your extensive knowledge with us.
Thank you for everything you have done for us here and I don't blame you if you no longer do so .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyC59 said:

That's truly reprehensible, Howard.
I always enjoy and appreciate your sharing your extensive knowledge with us.
Thank you for everything you have done for us here and I don't blame you if you no longer do so .

By the way Howard, after you help me with all my golf questions, could you come to the USA and paint my house for me?

For free?

😉

• Haha 3

@Howard_JonesFrom all of us, thank you for the time, knowledge, and kindness that you share.  I’m embarrassed that another WRX’er thought this was appropriate and I hope you’ll stay here with us, but understand if you choose to be more selective with your information.  

But, as it bears saying again because you have done so much, thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

50 minutes ago, Howard_Jones said:

I laughing about it all, really, i was a big fool, why did i ever open a profile here and give my unique knowledge away for free on top of all those hours?
I should have done like this man or TXG, then i could just lean back and let the money run  in, instead ive been fighting a e-mail box in here filled up with SUPER EGIOSTs questions who dont even whant to share their questions and my answers with other readers, but sure, a 3 letter long letter is nothing for me to read and give detailed and qualified answer to, plus a few follow up mails...all for free...

its been a few thousand of those mails too during this years, but ive stopped repyling to them since this is a returning  problem everytime WRX has updated their platform...then my mail is open for rape again...

Here is a few if the latest: 

Hello,

I have been fitted for some clubs and I'd like to MOI match then when I build the set. I've read several of your posts about the process and they've been very helpful. I was wondering if you have a single post, document, or blog post about how to do the process? It's a just disorienting finding the process from various forum posts. My biggest concern is that I don't have much club building experience, so I'm a bit worried about really messing up one clubs swing weight doing something stupid.

Thank you very much!

Roarke

• I hope you’ll entertain this inquiry.  I’m partially thinking out loud here.  I don’t have access to a good outdoor fitter, but do know what I like and don’t like.  I’d rather fit something blind based on my history than trying to do it on a monitor indoors with someone who doesn’t know my game.  You helped me previously on an inquiry into Flighted Rifles, so hoping you might have some insight here.

Background:  I’m 45, have been playing since I was 5 years old – somewhere currently between 1-3 handicap depending on the day.  For the last 30 years my irons have been +1/2 inch and 3 up via Pings old specs.  For nearly 20 years I’ve mostly gamed i3+ with original Royal Precision (pre 2012) Flighted Rifles 6.0 SSx1 build by Ping WRX.  D3 SW and 185 carry with my 6 iron (37.75 inch 31 loft – most modern sets probably have this as a 7 iron).  Grips are 50-52 gram full cord.  I’d say my trajectory is “mid” compared to most young low handicaps – I say I’m not a guy you notice as “he hits low bullets” or “he hits moon balls”….I’m just in the middle.  While I’d like to launch long irons higher, I don’t think I’m worried about needing shafts built to intentionally lower shorter irons at this point.  I’ll hit ¾ knockdown shots with 6-PW when appropriate, but don’t need “flighted” design to keep them down on a stock shot. 

I originally got into the Flighted Rifles because I loved the higher launching long irons.  What I’ve noticed last year, and coming out of a trip to Phoenix this week is that I’m laboring with the long irons (3-5), mid irons are “ok” (6-7), while the short irons still swing great (8-PW).  I know you’ve said the long irons are very heavy in this descending weight set.  These long irons I just don’t launch like I used to especially off the turf (I can mask it a bit off the tee) and my back swing gets long trying to get them going.  I hate hybrids and I’m not intimidated looking at long irons, but need to hit them higher if they are going to stay in the bag.  I always carry a 24 degree iron (4) and occasionally a 21 (3) or 18 (2) depending on conditions.  What's weird is that I haven't lost any distance 6-PW with this exact same setup over 20 years....I do think I've lost a few carry yards off the fairway 3-5 as I don't hit them as high as I used to --- but I mask it off the tee as I can artificially increase the loft off a wood tee.  

My opinion is that most amateurs can’t hit the ball too high – same true with me.  I’ve tried some other sets but always revert to the i3+ with Flighted Rifles.  Short lived experiments with other ping heads: Ping JZ Stiff w/cushion (too heavy long irons – constant weight), Ping AWT 2.0 (Nippon) – 119g (weight ok / would like to hit them higher),  KBS Tour S – 120g (weight ok / would like to hit them higher), Ping ZZ65 – 108g.

These examples all were D3 swingweight, but when I got to the ZZ65 my swing went all over the place especially in the long irons.  It spooked me away from light shafts entirely.  I thought the SW at D3 would keep my swing solid but I tried to swing them way too damn fast and swing path went everywhere. 

I’ve also noticed increased elbow and joint pain when I play consecutive days like this week (4 days in a row).  Getting old sucks…..but I have a long time yet to play this game.  It’s time for me to think about this as the next phase in my golf career.

Leads me to my inquiry ---  I’m ready to test out graphite iron shafts.  I’m trying not to just buy into the hype, but what do you think about the MMT?  In taper tip model what would you think about the 125S or the 105TX SSx1 or x2?.  The thing I keep coming back to is how good my flighted rifles 6.0 @ +1/2” swing in my 8-PW.  I saw a grid you posted previously that would put the 7-PW in 5.5 blanks to make the 6.0 flighted, but I don’t know the weights.  I just don’t think anything less than 105 grams is going to work well but I really want to launch the ball higher on stock iron shots while still being about to knock them down under the wind when appropriate.  If there are other graphite iron shafts in weights you'd suggest I explore, please let me know as well.

Sorry for the rambling message.  Thanks for any insight.  I didn’t want to post my life story on the board for a bunch of people chiming in….I just wanted your opinion.  Thanks for consideration of this request.

I did some measuring today on a few clubs - all ping / D3 / 37.75 inch 6 iron / 50g(ish) grips.  There are multiple Ping model irons in this list, but they are all my specs with the exception of the very last example.  I am a little surprised by these findings.  Would any of these be a good "total weight" or "dynamic playing weight" comparison to the MMT 105TX or 125S?  

Flighted Rifles (these are the set that swing heavy in the long irons described originally)

• 3 iron:  421g total club weight
  • 4 iron:  426g
  • 6 iron:  434g
  • 8 iron:  444g ------  I'm totally confused now because this is the baseline club that I hit the best / have the best temp.  Didn't expect the heaviest club in this email to swing the best for me.  

Ping ZZ65.  Ping lists this as a 108g constant weight cut 7 iron shaft.  I mentioned this shaft felt very light / lost my swing feel in the long irons.

• 6 iron:   430g total club weight.  

Ping AMT 2.0 (Nippon).  Ping lists this as a 119g cut 7 iron shaft.

• 3 iron:  410g
  • 6 iron:  437g

KBS Stiff .  Ping lists this as a 114g cut 7 iron shaft.  

• 6 iron:  438g

Modus 105 S --- This is my son's set:  -1/4 inch from all above and D1 / slightly lighter grip.  Ping lists this as a 106g cut 7 iron shaft.

• 3 iron:  398g
  • 6 iron:  415g

I've never looked at total weight before, only swing weight.  I guess I'm a little surprised the descending weight (flighted rifles) and ascending weight (AMT) have a similar total weight increase slope from long to short irons.  I guess I was hoping to see a number with the 8 iron that would say "MMT 105TX SSx1" or "MMT 125S" is the clear match.  Maybe I can't base anything off total weight and just need the closest cut shaft weight to that 8 iron and hope for the best.  Any insight is appreciated.  I just know I need to try graphite for elbow and joint pain at this point, and hoping one of these two MMT are a clear likely favorite.  I don't know how much weight is approximately lost when butt trimming these taper tips to the final length (looks to be about 1 inch butt trim required based on the raw length).

These are the MMT specs for the two shafts I think are the most likely fit (3-PW)

image.png.22d89a887bf88553fcc8bf4ec96a0b5e.png

Hello HJ,

I was hoping you could provide some advice in regards to iron shafts.  I have read many of your comments, see how knowledgeable you are on this subject , & trust your opinion.   If this message is annoying, i totally understand if it gets ignored but thought id ask anyway.  
i am currently gaming C Taper 120s with Apex Pro 19s.  Current numbers:

7 iron

112-118 ball speed

~ 165 yrds

launch between 19-22

Spin around 5300-6000

So i am currently going thru the process of getting new irons & lookinh at the Zx7 combo with the zforged from W-8.

i do like the feel of the CTapers but tend to launch them pretty high, especially in the low irons..id love to get that trajectory down a bit but otherwise i enjoy them.

i was fitted into the Srixons with a Project X LS 6.0.  The launch def csme down to 17-19 but that is probably due to lower loft in zx7. I did like the feel but not 100% sold on them. Play to a 4 hcp and my miss tends to be high hands & can release a bit early causing fat/thin.   So my question is, do you have any advice on which shaft or shaft type would help with minimizing that early release tendency?  I have been intrigued by the DG x100 or the DG120x.   I was thinkinh that their bend profile maybe help keep the head of club a bit more behind hands at impact, thsn say the CTaper or Project X.    Or should i go heavier? Will that help delay release a bit.    Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

Hello Howard,

I have been searching and reading a lot and you keep coming up as the most knowledgeable resource I have come across.  I apologize for reaching out but I do have a question if you would be so kind.

I am in the process of ordering a set of Mizuno irons.  I have been fit in to KBS C-Taper S+, however Mizuno only offers S & X options.  I would like to either hard step a S or an X as to get the shaft as close as possible to the S+ in terms of flight and weight.  I understand from reading your posts, that stepping each way will alter the weight and performance in opposite directions.

I demoed the S, and it was too soft but I didn't mind the weight of the shaft.  I also demoed the X, and it was heavier than I prefer and felt it was a tad too stiff.  

7 iron SS is 90 with a total distance of 195.

Should I hard step a S once or twice, or should I soft step an X?

If you could recommend to me what expert opinion would be, I would be very grateful.

Thank you

Howard,

Really been enjoying reading your detailed post about club building.

I have built a few sets, but they have always been with already cut and gripped shafts, so I've just done SW matching as best I could, typically around D4.

I have a new upcoming build using new uncut shafts for the first time, and would like to try MOI matching the set.

I just have simple club building tools/supplies and a SW scale.

how would you suggest I start?

ex. build 1 iron to standard specs, test it, then add weight to head until desired feel is found, then do slope progression from there?

do you have a spreadsheet template to put in all of the specs/weights for shaft, heads, grips, etc?

FYI on the build and me.

Mizuno MP-20 MMC heads, currently at standard loft and lie

C-Taper 125 S+ shafts, new uncut

Grips will either be GP new decade, or MCC+4

I'm 6'3" and a 5.0 handicap

92-94 MPH SS for 7 iron.

in recent fitting at a local club, pro suggested +0.5" over standard length, mainly because I was have a lot of toe strike misses that day.

I was hitting off mats, in golf spikes, and thought that might be a slight contribution to the toe strikes as well.

thanks in advance and look forward to hearing back from you.

-Paul

You did it because you are kind, and wanted to share your passion for golf and golf fitting.  

I knew nothing about golf shafts or fitting when I joined.  I  read your threads over multiple times to comprehend the concepts.  As a noob, it was a foreign language to me.  Now, I am trying to make each club a “favorite club”, as you have described.  Just a few more to go to get to 14!  

I appreciate your generosity in sharing your knowledge. You have expressed your boundaries, and it is unfortunate people still are crossing them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To go along with what @Dan Drakeposted, @Howard_Jones, you have always conducted yourself as a class gentleman and speaking for myself, you need to know your willingness to help others so graciously has been and always will be appreciated. Will not attempt to influence your decisions, just felt you needed some encouragement as well. No matter which direction you choose to go in future dealings with this forum as a result of blatantly reprehensible and/or clueless inconsiderate behavior, thank you for being the type of man you are. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I’m new to this forum and never read your DIY Driver tune up, but what @adamc did or is doing is flat out wrong.  You don’t seem like the type, but I would hire an attorney and explore all legal remedies.  It is your IP, protect and fight for it.  

• Like 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

It's BS that he did that to you and that YouTube won't do anything. Also, the connotation behind "plandemic" is also BS...coming from someone who has seen the horrible side of it. I hate that it has cost you a lot monetarily, but that wasn't appropriate either. I won't say anything else...I just hate the meaning behind that word. You are extremely knowledgeable and helpful on this forum, so I hope something is finally done to rectify this situation for you.

• Like 4

Mizuno ST190 9.5* w/Diamana ZF
Titleist 917 F2 18* w/Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist 818 H1 21* w/Tensei Pro Blue
Mizuno MP-18 Fli-Hi 4 w/C-Taper Lite
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-P w/C-Taper Lite
Mizuno s18 50*, 54*, 58* w/C-Taper Lite
Ping Sigma G Tess

Sorry to hear this.  As a newer, but active member, it was immediately clear to me how valuable you were to the forum. On SEVERAL occasions I asked a question and recieved a very thoughtful reply.  Every time I read one of the responses I always thought “WOW, this guy really took some time to give me a good answer”.  Hopefully you reconsider, but I understand if you don’t.   There are only so many hours in the day and you shouldn’t do things that no longer make you happy.  
Thank you for your help, it was appreciated,

Matty

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mitchell said:

To go along with what @Dan Drakeposted, @Howard_Jones, you have always conducted yourself as a class gentleman and speaking for myself, you need to know your willingness to help others so graciously has been and always will be appreciated. Will not attempt to influence your decisions, just felt you needed some encouragement as well. No matter which direction you choose to go in future dealings with this forum as a result of blatantly reprehensible and/or clueless inconsiderate behavior, thank you for being the type of man you are. 

Thanks for those warm word, i really appreciate that, but the latest year has been hard on us all, harder for some than others, and its been to much now really, so i guess i need a break anyway.

8 minutes ago, Howard_Jones said:

Thanks for those warm word, i really appreciate that, but the latest year has been hard on us all, harder for some than others, and its been to much now really, so i guess i need a break anyway.

We all need a break sometimes.  Take care of yourself Howard!

1 hour ago, Duffer222 said:

EVERYONE should send adamc a PM thanking him for creating this mess.

Please dont, Im not even pissed off on him, its really nothing compared to other "losses" like my Danish property (a 500 K pearl countryside ive had for 21 years now), totally damaged by a frozen water pipe second floor....so EVERYTHING is damaged...everything, and that happened a week after i lost my best friend for 50 years to Cancer (or lack of correct treatment for it). HE got cancer from SKI VAX as the ski technician for the Norwegian National alpine ski team, so like a "soldier" he died on "duty" for his Country, and they have known about the cancer risk from ski vax (flour) for decades without a law against it.

My late friend, Tor Arvid Holtermann Semb, Norway team (ladies) has never won more Gold medals than during his 5 years as ski technician

https://www.tv2.no/a/11959151/

So whats a youtube video compared to that? Nothing

I was just cleaning up my private mailbox and fund that about a year old mail about YouTube, so i thought, lets check out the current status....So it was only a drop, the one you know.....

Sitting on his a**, he made 6.300 on my property last year...

Not funny, but the "main lines" would have been the same no matter what, but sure it was annoying seeing this on top of other "bad news lately".

Edited by Howard_Jones
  • Sad 1

Why dont you reply in public? what are you afraid of?

Howard:

Not sure if you will read this as it sounds like you don't respond to many messages. First let me just say that I am sorry that you feel you have been taken advantage of. That was never my intent. If you contacted me directly about this, I don't recall seeing anything about it, at least as far as requesting it be removed. I also can assure you that Youtube has never contacted me regarding any complaints you made against it.

I can only stress that if you had simply contacted me sooner, we could have worked this out.

So here are the two options I am willing to take.

Option 1- I can take down the video

Option 2- I can leave the video up and share the revenue from it 75% to you 25% to me. Unfortunately I have to tell you that you have been misled as far as how Youtube payment structure works and the about of revenue you will see from a video. I would be happy to show you the analytics for it, but the total amount generated from that video is just over $200 for the lifetime of it. That being said, as the channel grows, this amount would also grow so there is potential for that video to see larger returns going forward if kept on the platform.

I will leave it to you as far as what you prefer. If you want me to take it down, I will happily send you 75% of what it makes up to the point of removal. Just let me know what you would prefer.

Adam

image.png.de76f842a034e1825841b8420a1e0560.png

WRX mods DELETED the post i wrote to you in here....i guess you never got to see it, but that almost 1 year old comment came from me, and it did not ring any bells? pretty comfortable about what you knew you had done?

For the record, my REAL NAME is Lars-Howard Fritzson Widding, so i never even wanted  FAME, i did it behind another name, but now you are making money on what ive shared for free?

im sorry for you man, i can live with this, but what about your reputation now? Thats your problem

Here is the webpage who told med about what youtubers got paied, right or wromg i dont care, but dont tell me you are offering me 75% of what mine and thats only 200 after 34000 ????

https://influencermarketinghub.com/how-much-do-youtubers-make/

and NO THANKS i would never do business with a man like you, i want play golf with folks who cheat either, it goes against the spirit of Golf that i have been living by since WAY BEFORE my the first golf swing ever.

Do it right from the start or dont.

DELETE IT and any other video based on my writings. you will NEVER have permission to reuse any of it for commercial purposes, neither does anyone else, thats theft and a crime.
If anyone should make money on it, it would be me, nobody else, because thats MY intellectual property, its no way for anyone to deny that.

Share it, reuse it private, in your shop what ever, but NEVER SELL any of my properties, thats against the law and my will for it all..

Edited by Howard_Jones
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Howard...thanks for all you insights....sorry one guy can ruin it for everyone else....you have my support, I’ll never watch his YouTube videos.

• Driver - Ping G430 SFT 10.5 Graphite Design VR 5 R1
  • Wood - Taylormade Sim TI 5 wood 19* (17.5) Diamana 65R
  • Wood - Callaway Epic Speed 7 wood 21* HZRDUS 60-5.5
  • Hybrid - Ping G430 22* R 
  • Hybrid - Ping G425 26* @ 25* R
  • Irons - Ping i210 6-PW Modus 105 R 
  • Wedge - Ping Glide 2.0 50* AWT 
  • Wedge - Callaway  MD3 Milled 56/10 TT Elevate MPH 95 R
  • Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird 34” 
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

Disgusting.  Howard, my many thanks and respect to you for all you offered me and for everything you shared on this forum for the betterment of the game. I will miss your insight, passion and expertise. 🍻

• Thanks 1

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter