New TM Mini coming?

bigmoneyp

1 minute ago, dcmidnight said:

I guess I'm just amazed at the (alleged) number of people that can accurately hit a 44" club with a 300cc head but they are...completely incapable (?) of hitting a 45" club with a 460cc head - or just choking up 1" on the same club? Yeesh, 44" is pretty damn long on a club with that small a head. 

Have not seen the TXG video but will watch tonight.

I am sure the number of people who utilize a 300cc or smaller driver vs a 460cc driver is small percentage wise when compared to all those that play golf.  You just happen to be reading a thread of people who utilize such a club so the numbers will see larger.

Choking down, at least for me anyways, is not comfortable.  Feel of club changes, don't like that extra part of the shaft sticking out from my hands, and I just subconsciously make different swings.  As for cutting down a 460cc driver well that changes the club feel too unless you have it properly built at shorter length. They aren't factory made to play shorter.  They can be but to just grab a club and chop off 1 to 1.5 inches will drastically change the feel of the club.

Smaller headed drivers or minis in this case are made to play shorter.  OO had a D4 SW at stock length.  So there is no real need to account for the change in SW like you do cutting down a 460cc driver that has a stock length of 45 to 45 3/4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

I guess I'm just amazed at the (alleged) number of people that can accurately hit a 44" club with a 300cc head but they are...completely incapable (?) of hitting a 45" club with a 460cc head - or just choking up 1" on the same club? Yeesh, 44" is pretty damn long on a club with that small a head. 

I don't think the reason most amateurs hit their 3 wood straighter, longer (on ave) and more accurate than their driver is just because the shaft is an 1" o 1.5" shorter, it has something to do with the reduced head size being advantageous.

I ddin't really belive it myself until I tried it, and I'm playing a 90's era 12 deg. driver considerably smaller than a Mini with a 43.5" shaft.

If one looks at where on the face of the club pros hit their driver one would come to the conclusion that they don't need a larger driver either.

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

11 hours ago, Starched said:

Key thing he said was if you don’t like the look of a big driver this is for you. Assuming you were fitted for it. The Mini gives you 95% driver distance but is definitely not longer than a well struck driver. Key= well struck. 

Ian is that the end all be all of golf equipment.. No matter what everyone says. I have watched and heard him say things wrong a number of times. 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

4 hours ago, jmkorting said:

I am sure the number of people who utilize a 300cc or smaller driver vs a 460cc driver is small percentage wise when compared to all those that play golf.  You just happen to be reading a thread of people who utilize such a club so the numbers will see larger.

Choking down, at least for me anyways, is not comfortable.  Feel of club changes, don't like that extra part of the shaft sticking out from my hands, and I just subconsciously make different swings.  As for cutting down a 460cc driver well that changes the club feel too unless you have it properly built at shorter length. They aren't factory made to play shorter.  They can be but to just grab a club and chop off 1 to 1.5 inches will drastically change the feel of the club.

Smaller headed drivers or minis in this case are made to play shorter.  OO had a D4 SW at stock length.  So there is no real need to account for the change in SW like you do cutting down a 460cc driver that has a stock length of 45 to 45 3/4.

This is the main issue I had when trying the shorter driver approach. I had cracked an Accra shaft right at the tip a few years ago so as a laugh decided to trim it (basically 2inch tip) and put it in a Cobra L4V head I had. 43inch-ish driver. The amount of weight I would have needed to get it to D4 was absurd. Would have had to fill the driver with hotmelt or put a 4 layer thick spread of lead tape on the entire bottom of the driver. I tried a few things and actually enjoyed the result when it was windy - stingers that roll for days, but this is arguably why the mini driver does have a place over a shorter driver, the club is designed at that weight not 45.5 which is the stock length of most new heads today. Even moving to 45 you need to add weight on a Tsi3 etc.

Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 - Ventus TR Blue 6x
3 Wood - Stealth 2+ - Ventus TR Red 7x
5 wood - Paradym TD - Kai'li 80x
hyrid - 22* Ping G425 - Ventus Blue 10x
4i - PW - PX 0317 ST - KBS 130x
50-54-58 - Edel SMS Pro Wedges - S400 TI
LAB Mezz Armlock - LAGP

6 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

I think it's mostly folks that played golf in the 80's and 90's that grew up playing with smaller driver heads (i.e. Phil but, he uses his for course positioning such as doglegs), then were hit with the change to 460cc heads and just have a mental block / comfort issue. Tiger had the same until he couldn't handle the disadvantages that came with the smaller heads. My teenage son and his friends wouldn't be caught dead with one of the old school smaller driver heads. I think its the same for most players that started playing post 2000. 

Edited by SMUGamer
  • Like 1

I like the OO because it finds fairways.  I make a different swing with my OO than my 460cc driver, driver has a slightly positive AOA, and OO is slightly negative.  I don't know about other folks on here, but the slight distance loss is worth it on tight driving holes.  I'm looking forward to trying the 300.  

Edited by ws6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

@TaylorMade Golf🙂 Images of crown/ TopLine too (please)? 🙂 

Next week

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

14 hours ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

Just gonna leave this here.

TM21_DJ 300 MINI DRIVER_LFS_JPO-04332.jpg

This looks like me but i don't remember the range or day.  Must have been last week when the course had $1 beer night.  

On a side note - what will the stock shaft be?  

Edited by J13
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

15 hours ago, TaylorMade Golf said:

Is next week good for you?

I have a pile of trade-ins ready to go to get this. 

Take My Money GIF by memecandy

TM M4 8.5 Atmos Red

TM Original One Mini 13.5 Diamana F

TM Sim TI 5 wood Diamana F

Sub 70 TAIII 4&5 KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 649 6-P KBS $-Taper Lite

Sub 70 286 50,54 KBS $-Taper Lite

Edel D-Grind 58 KBS Tour Rev 2.0

LAB Directed Force 2.1 73* 

On 6/1/2021 at 1:07 AM, Circaflex said:

What type of player is this gear towards?

I’m not a club ho… I’m very interested in this club… I need a secondary tee club that lands and stops… I have very little use for a regular three wood. 

There isn’t a good option on the market outside the original one… trust me, I’ve looked… 

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

8 hours ago, Myherobobhope said:

I’m not a club ho… I’m very interested in this club… I need a secondary tee club that lands and stops… I have very little use for a regular three wood. 

There isn’t a good option on the market outside the original one… trust me, I’ve looked… 

@Myherobobhope "+1" i.e. i agree! I've had Original One (as well as SLDR Mini, Aeroburner Mini, Bertha Mini)... and the OO was a clear favorite!
(i think  the OO's interchangeable shaft & Loft adjustments = helped me find a suitable fit... and fit my eye best!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

Where is this available outside of the PGA Tour?  The public release is in two weeks.

Likely a T-roll post. Only 26 of them 

• Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Just got mine from drummond golf in Australia. Looks good. Only hit in the simulator, but feels softer than the OO. The shaft is more flexible than the OO. Never heard of the Mitsubishi Midr shaft. I walked out with the 11.5, even though that loft was too low in the 11.5 OO. Strangely swing speed and distance was up to. Id say all that had to do with the shaft. Cant wait to hit it on course.

Edited by Clubhoe

16 minutes ago, Clubhoe said:

Just got mine from drummond golf in Australia. Looks beautiful. Only hit in the simulator, but feels softer than the OO. The shaft is more flexible than the OO. Never heard of the Mitsubishi Midr shaft. I walked out with the 11.5, even though that loft was too low in the 11.5 OO. Strangely swing speed and distance was up to. Id say all that had to do with the shaft. Cant wait to hit it on course.

@Clubhoe: More Photos please! thanks 🙂 
most of the google'd images = show the Sole of the 300MiniDriver
(e.g. https://www.drummondgolf.com.au/blog/taylormade-300-mini-driver.html)

interestingly, i see "Taylormade Golf Myanmar" has posted pix about the upcoming 300MiniDriver already!
https://www.facebook.com/DoubleEagleGolfMyanmar/posts/3647097762061646

TM_300_MiniDriver_Myanmar.jpg

Edited by JungleJimbo