Ping i230 pic

jwo

I’ve been under the impression for some time that pre-orders would be at the end of October with an early November release.  I’ve always assumed that the clubs would arrive in early Jan.  

Maybe my expectations were too low to begin with but I don’t think anything has changed.  

• Like 1

I’ve read all the comments about what people have been told as for release.  I’m not saying my info is gospel but just Passimg it on. 

Formal announcement should come early to mid November.  There will be a limited release to select accounts later in the moth.  But not w full release.  That will come on February. 

• Sad 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

It'll be fine if they keep the i series on the same 2-5 year cycle they've been on. The only short release period seemed to be i200 --> i210. Seemed like only a year or so between those.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Would that be the same team that brought the i59’s to market and the Heppler line of putters?

Or maybe it’s the team that promised delivery of my i210’s for 9 months last year while missing 3 delivery dates, with little to no communication.

They have gone from an engineering company to the gang that can’t shoot straight.

Edited by Foreleft
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Foreleft said:

Would that be the same team that brought the i59’s to market and the Heppler line of putters?

Or maybe it’s the team that promised delivery of my i210’s for 9 months last year while missing 3 delivery dates, with little to no communication.

They have gone from an engineering company to the gang that can’t shoot straight.

While normally that would be a solid take, I ordered my T100 in May and they were supposed to arrive August 2nd, and even went to “shipped” status only to be moved back into “production”, and then updated again to “shipped” 10 days ago and still nothing. 
Sorry but unless you’re on tour, there’s no “team” for you because you shelled out the same $ that John down the street did. 

• Like 3

For S&G I searched i230 in my browser and they popped up on the TGW.com site. Now there was no pic or specs but they were listed for $187.50 a club. I have to imagine they are coming soon but it is odd nothing from Ping as of yet. They do seem to be going into a lot of pros bags though which is a good sign.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

While normally that would be a solid take, I ordered my T100 in May and they were supposed to arrive August 2nd, and even went to “shipped” status only to be moved back into “production”, and then updated again to “shipped” 10 days ago and still nothing. 
Sorry but unless you’re on tour, there’s no “team” for you because you shelled out the same $ that John down the street did. 

Ummm...you brought up your trust in the marketing and sales "team".  Can't have it both ways bud.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Correct. And it’s not my team, so I have no worries. They’ll figure out the release for “you” and make sure they update you accordingly.

Yeah, it's not me,  but anyone that's been interested in their product for the last 2+ years.  Your general role in the forum is to argue nonsensical points, but defending Ping's terrible performance of late is next level dumb.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BCC1898 said:

Yeah, it's not me,  but anyone that's been interested in their product for the last 2+ years.  Your general role in the forum is to argue nonsensical points, but defending Ping's terrible performance of late is next level dumb.

Glad you have it all figured out, and I have no worries about your perception of me! I’m not arguing anything here I’m simply letting you know that Ping isn’t the only one with terrible performance, but the only major OEM that seems to have it dialled in is Callaway.

we will see how the OEM Tier 2 - Mizuno, Srixon and Cobra releases are in the spring.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, eric61 said:

I will say, for anyone who needs something fast … Callaway is the way to go. Last Wednesday, I ordered two wedges, a putter and a hybrid. I was quoted three to four weeks on the wedges, one to two weeks on the hybrid and putter. All four clubs arrived at my door on Saturday — three days after I ordered them. (And in that time they were shipped from Mexico to Chicago.) It’s pretty incredible how fast Callaway is right now.

I would say TaylorMade and Mizuno are right there as well.   Getting most anything from TM shipped in less than 5 days, and often sent two fed ex,  My JPX Hot Metal HL's arrived almost a week to the day from order date.  Same with a couple other orders from them of late. 

Titleist has delivered most of the TSR's we ordered within 2 weeks.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

16 hours ago, Foreleft said:

You've described the experience almost every company has had since mid 2020. Covid did a number on these companies and no one could have predicted it. Pair that with a couple really unfortunate events like cargo ships losing cargo boxes full of Ping equipment (I believe Titleist had the same thing happen to them), and it's just not easy to come back from. Ping was not intending for things to go this way, but with the way things went, they are just trying to get their heads above water. I cringe anytime I see someone complaining about lead times. I had an order in September of last year for a TM SIM2 3 wood and it populated an estimated ship date of November 2023 until they called and said it wasn't happening at all. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, coloradogolf72 said:

You've described the experience almost every company has had since mid 2020. Covid did a number on these companies and no one could have predicted it. Pair that with a couple really unfortunate events like cargo ships losing cargo boxes full of Ping equipment (I believe Titleist had the same thing happen to them), and it's just not easy to come back from. Ping was not intending for things to go this way, but with the way things went, they are just trying to get their heads above water. I cringe anytime I see someone complaining about lead times. I had an order in September of last year for a TM SIM2 3 wood and it populated an estimated ship date of November 2023 until they called and said it wasn't happening at all. 

Not all companies have had the same problem as PIng!  Customers have not been able to order their flagship line of irons for almost 24 months.  That has not been typical across the board. Some delays? Yes.

I can't imagine the outcry on here if Titleist hadn't shipped T100 irons in 2 years. Or if TM didn't ship drivers! It's the cult of Ping that for some reason is accepting of this nonsense.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, BCC1898 said:

Not all companies have had the same problem as PIng!  Customers have not been able to order their flagship line of irons for almost 24 months.  That has not been typical across the board. Some delays? Yes.

I can't imagine the outcry on here if Titleist hadn't shipped T100 irons in 2 years. Or if TM didn't ship drivers! It's the cult of Ping that for some reason is accepting of this nonsense.

It’s a common scenario across multiple industries at the moment, not just golf.

Supply chain and logistical challenges persist, and some companies have figured out a way and normalised or almost normalised production, and some have not.

30 minutes ago, BCC1898 said:

The i210s were not intended to be the flagship model for this long. I am fairly certain the i230s were supposed to come out much sooner. And you’re tunnel visioned on this one. 

Covid hits and materials are impossible to find. Their plant shuts down for extended periods of time. Now they have to push back launches. So now their stock of current or soon to be replaced clubs is running low. And it wouldn’t make much sense to make more i210s for what I’m sure is a fairly small group. So they take their time to get back on track. Covid hit after Spring, so the OEMs that had spring releases got their equipment out 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coloradogolf72 said:

The i210s were not intended to be the flagship model for this long. I am fairly certain the i230s were supposed to come out much sooner. And you’re tunnel visioned on this one. 

Covid hits and materials are impossible to find. Their plant shuts down for extended periods of time. Now they have to push back launches. So now their stock of current or soon to be replaced clubs is running low. And it wouldn’t make much sense to make more i210s for what I’m sure is a fairly small group. So they take their time to get back on track. Covid hit after Spring, so the OEMs that had spring releases got their equipment out 

Ok, so why are they the only OEM that has had problems to this level? EVERY other manufacturer released new product…maybe not in the exact schedule they started on, but launched successfully nonetheless. Only one hasn't…Ping. 

48 minutes ago, BCC1898 said:

Ok, so why are they the only OEM that has had problems to this level? EVERY other manufacturer released new product…maybe not in the exact schedule they started on, but launched successfully nonetheless. Only one hasn't…Ping. 

I'm not going to be able to provide an answer that is going sway you or anyone because I don't know the inner workings of every company. I know Callaway has a factory in Mexico which was a massive reason they were able to get through Covid and keep up. Titleist has had some big difficulties, TaylorMade has run out of stock of Stealth + equipment now. I think it's a combination of when new product was coming out and what materials were needed for it. Ping is also privately owned as well, so that affects their day to day operations. 

I truly think it was a perfect storm for Ping. They'll catch back up, but it takes time to recover from this. There are everlasting consequences of Covid. I know that in Spring of 2021 Ping was having to work extensively with their overseas operations because of how other countries were handling Covid. I remember talking with a rep and they were saying that oversea factories were completely shutting down for several months, which is impossible to simply shift or pivot to restore operations.

I also think it's a testament to Ping that the i210s were still in demand after being in production that long, so it's so hard for me to throw them out because they had troubles, possibly more than other OEMs, because of a pandemic. This new line coming from Ping is special from what I hear and I'm happy to see them gaining traction again.   

• Like 1

It's because PING make clubs as a hobby according to people on here. /s

Them being privately held and having other businesses may actually have something to do with it, though. Probably just a string of bad luck. I got my custom G425 5 wood in like 5 days a few months ago and just got a 425 hybrid that took about two weeks. 

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

11 hours ago, Kball10 said:

Wow - would be nice if this thread was actually about the Ping i230.

Indeed.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

21 hours ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

Not another bitching matching about product delays.....

I think the Veruca Salt gif earlier sums up much of this thread....

• Thanks 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors