Ping i230 pic

jwo

I’m waiting to see the i230 in person but it’s very frustrating to see PXG gen 4 with MMT at no up charge ready to be snatched up. Waiting all this time for something that may have crap plastic on the back would be very sobering and I might have to reconsider my club loyalties and life priorities in general. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PING Rapture V2 with BB
PING Crossover - 3
PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
PING Chipo!
PING Pal - Karsten

10 hours ago, pbr2121 said:

I’m waiting to see the i230 in person but it’s very frustrating to see PXG gen 4 with MMT at no up charge ready to be snatched up. Waiting all this time for something that may have crap plastic on the back would be very sobering and I might have to reconsider my club loyalties and life priorities in general. 

Of course they don't have any X flex MMT available. Womp.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, toddyc said:

Bunch of pxg salesmen always show up in the Ping threads

While I was one of the early bashers of the screws etc. this take is old and not even worthwhile. 
Everyone on here knows about Ping engineering going to PXG, but PXG has really stayed true to creating unique designs with a playable look and driving early adoption, and now bringing a lower cost product in widely overpriced and saturated market, while somehow losing the elitist attitude that was initially associated with PXG and their demographic….

I love what they do now, and I love what Ping does.

Ping will always have its PXG bashers because part of their identity and what made Ping, PXG copied in a multitude of ways.

Edited by Brooks_Cupcake
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

While I was one of the early bashers of the screws etc. this take is old and not even worthwhile. 
Everyone on here knows about Ping engineering going to PXG, but PXG has really stayed true to creating unique designs with a playable look and driving early adoption, and now bringing a lower cost product in widely overpriced and saturated market, while somehow losing the elitist attitude that was initially associated with PXG and their demographic….

I love what they do now, and I love what Ping does.

Ping will always have its PXG bashers because part of their identity and what made Ping, PXG copied in a multitude of ways.

Well I don’t mean literal pxg salesmen. It’s just that people can’t help but insert pxg commentary and promotion in these ping threads. 

I guess it’s natural to come up since they have a pretty close connection 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, toddyc said:

Well I don’t mean literal pxg salesmen. It’s just that people can’t help but insert pxg commentary and promotion in these ping threads. 

I guess it’s natural to come up since they have a pretty close connection 

I think you find that from any company in any thread.  You have a host of people talking about how the Pro 225 and P790 irons are far superior to i525.  In T100 threads you have people saying ZX7 has better turf interaction and more forgiveness.  While I am one of the people talking about PXG here, and am guilty of what you say, I think its just natural that whatever people are playing is what they are currently going to insert into the "X is better than Y" debate and will be happy to shout it from the rooftops when they like the clubs, but are quick to dismiss something when it doesn't mesh perfectly with their ideas of what it should be.  Cycling back to on topic, I think the newer photos of these definitely look a lot better than the sneak previews we got in the tour pro bags.  However, I'm concerned about the feel of these with that plastic capping.  It tells me these may be hollow.  The i210 was the last good feeling iron that Ping had that was tailored to the wider market who doesn't hit the middle 90% of the time.  If these feel like i525 they are going to have a very flat release cycle and they may lose a lot of their die-hard fans in favour of other options.  Just my take.

• Like 1

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Ping G430 Max 9* --- Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 --- set to 7.5* at 45.75"

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 11.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 44"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 42.75"

Callaway Apex UW 21* --- Diamana Thump 80 --- 41" 

Mizuno ST-Max 5H & 6H --- Steelfiber i95 Private Reserve

PXG Gen 5 0311T 7-G Black --- KBS $-Taper 115 

Titleist SM10 54.12D & 58.08M Jet Black --- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black 125

Bettinardi Hive Custom --- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

So Ping G430 irons are up and available for Pre-Order in Australia (https://www.golfbox.com.au/clubs/ping-g430-irons-steel-shaft/).  Advertised 11-11 availability.  But.  Still.  No.  I230.  Am I the only one that is incredibly disappointed?  Was really hoping to be able to order some I230s with pro shop credit before it expires at the end of the year.  Looking unlikely now...

• Like 4

These are high on my list for 2023. However, the whole time I thought that it was just that bottom bar portion of the cavity being the "cover" but it sounds/looks/is? the whole cavity. Can't say I am a fan of that but I will save my final judgement for in person viewing when these hit the fitting carts and shelves.

1 hour ago, jongalt55 said:

So Ping G430 irons are up and available for Pre-Order in Australia (https://www.golfbox.com.au/clubs/ping-g430-irons-steel-shaft/).  Advertised 11-11 availability.  But.  Still.  No.  I230.  Am I the only one that is incredibly disappointed?  Was really hoping to be able to order some I230s with pro shop credit before it expires at the end of the year.  Looking unlikely now...

Does seem odd. The first instance of these on tour were 3.5 months ago yet nothing further from Ping on the i230. G430 hits the tour and then they are available for pre-order in Australia and Japan within a couple days. 

1 hour ago, BCC1898 said:

A few pages back, I said that Ping has bungled this release.  I was laughed at.  Yet, here we are.

While I can see why you'd think that, it's also completely reasonable for them to market the 430 line, and then market the other products.

And if by "bungled", you mean that Americans don't get it first… well, not too worried about that.

• Like 3

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

4 hours ago, Blaiser said:

Man I'm kicking myself.

2 years ago I decided I really, really needed a new set of irons. Figured the 210's should be updated very soon, and here I am still waiting.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a complete homer for Ping.

Sounds like if you want the updated version you'll have them for next season. Seems like a good thing to me. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 7:49 AM, WristySwing said:

I think you find that from any company in any thread.  You have a host of people talking about how the Pro 225 and P790 irons are far superior to i525.  In T100 threads you have people saying ZX7 has better turf interaction and more forgiveness.  While I am one of the people talking about PXG here, and am guilty of what you say, I think its just natural that whatever people are playing is what they are currently going to insert into the "X is better than Y" debate and will be happy to shout it from the rooftops when they like the clubs, but are quick to dismiss something when it doesn't mesh perfectly with their ideas of what it should be.  Cycling back to on topic, I think the newer photos of these definitely look a lot better than the sneak previews we got in the tour pro bags.  However, I'm concerned about the feel of these with that plastic capping.  It tells me these may be hollow.  The i210 was the last good feeling iron that Ping had that was tailored to the wider market who doesn't hit the middle 90% of the time.  If these feel like i525 they are going to have a very flat release cycle and they may lose a lot of their die-hard fans in favour of other options.  Just my take.

What's the point of inserting that in these threads though? Nobody cares what anyone thinks is better. Nobody goes to a Ping thread to see what Joe Dbag thinks is a better option 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, jongalt55 said:

Pre-Order on the i230 has been open for quite some time. I've had 2 sets on order for a few weeks now. 

11 hours ago, tRy260m said:

My set is ordered and estimated delivery says first week of November

4-uw

$-taper 130

Three weeks out from that delivery promise and Ping has not even formally announced to the market that they exist.  Ping Man seems to be have laryngitis on the i230’s, so I would take that delivery date lightly.

Wondering if they are rethinking the plastic cover on the back or something else.  Actual head shape and offset seemed to tick the boxes that i2xx players favor.

Last year, delivery dates came and went multiple times on a set of i210’s I had ordered without a word from Ping.  Hope your info is right and I am wrong, but my experience showed me otherwise.

2 hours ago, OrangeGravy said:

What's the point of inserting that in these threads though? Nobody cares what anyone thinks is better. Nobody goes to a Ping thread to see what Joe Dbag thinks is a better option 

Sure they do.  Otherwise reviews wouldn't be a thing.  People put a load of stock into word of mouth.  It's up to you to decide if you are going to be swayed by it or not.  

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Ping G430 Max 9* --- Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 --- set to 7.5* at 45.75"

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 11.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 44"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 42.75"

Callaway Apex UW 21* --- Diamana Thump 80 --- 41" 

Mizuno ST-Max 5H & 6H --- Steelfiber i95 Private Reserve

PXG Gen 5 0311T 7-G Black --- KBS $-Taper 115 

Titleist SM10 54.12D & 58.08M Jet Black --- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black 125

Bettinardi Hive Custom --- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

16 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

And if by "bungled", you mean that Americans don't get it first… well, not too worried about that.

Ghost going all Bubba on usspacer.png

Edited by animalgolfs
  • Haha 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

3 hours ago, Foreleft said:

Wondering if they are rethinking the plastic cover on the back or something else.  Actual head shape and offset seemed to tick the boxes that i2xx players favor.

Do they? I was just at a golf shop talking with a guy there yesterday who had seen them in person and said they look great, a bit thinner sole and smaller profile, almost like an iblade and i210 baby. That had me hyped up about them.

He said they were expecting to get them in late November though? Which is quite a bit later than many here are saying (??) like come on, just take my money already