On The Range In December

2»

Comments

• SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Members Posts: 912 ✭✭
    jrsparks wrote:
    Had frost delay for over a hour yesterday. Second group out after that temps ended up low 50's. Too bad I played like doga$$ which has been happening alot lately.

Yes but you got to play!!!! Getting swings in across the winter is sweet!!!
  • mds5062mds5062 Members Posts: 78 ✭✭
    It is nice to be able to still play and practice this time of year. Get to try out all the new clubs on grass instead of a mat inside somewhere.
  • gripandripgripandrip Members Posts: 980 ✭✭
    Banner day here in Detroit area. 38F with little wind. Who needs a warm range when you get this? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Hit a little short and you may get the ice bounce!
  • Sonja HenieSonja Henie Members Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Been swinging the club almost every weekend so far this winter here in Virginia. No problem.
  • Loomis13Loomis13 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    It is Jan. 9 today, and I have already played 3 rounds this year. This is in Iowa! Still jealous of you warm weather guys/gals!
  • MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 1,675 ✭✭
    gripandrip wrote:

Banner day here in Detroit area. 38F with little wind. Who needs a warm range when you get this? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Hit a little short and you may get the ice bounce!

What course is that? It's sure not Palmer Park.
  • rxk9fanrxk9fan MidwestMembers Posts: 764 ✭✭
    Pretty excited to get in 3 rounds and 4 days on the range this year. I am finally making some progress after a pretty long 2018 where I made ZERO progress with my HC. Long layoffs hurt me so I will try to touch a club at least once or twice a week through winter if at all possible. I am pretty excited to have one round under par already this year after having no rounds under par in 2018.

If it is high 30's with no wind I will play or practice if that is the best the week has to offer. If the wind is above 10mph, I am looking for 45 degrees.

Playing smallish irons in 39 degree temps is a pretty good training aide in itself. You only want so many thinned toe shots LOL
    Mizuno 190ST with Tensei Blue Stiff
    Taylormade M4 tour 3 wood with stiff Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
    Cobra Baffler 6 with UST Elements Stiff
    Srixon U65 4i with SteelFiber R
    Srixon Z765 with SteelFiber R shafts
    or
    Cobra Black Forged Tec 4i - AW with Recoil F4 shafts
    Vokey 58, 54, 50
    Taylormade Spider X

I am thinking about playing golf next year instead of HOing clubs!  
    Oh, changed my mind and still HOing ....but HC finally moving in the right direction.
    Definitions: HOing is changing any spot in your bag 3 or more times in a year
                       Optimizing is changing any/every spot in your bag up to twice a year :-)
  • TServosTServos Members Posts: 417 ✭✭
    DFW, Texas almost never goes more than a week between golfable weather in the winter. Of course the same thing can be said about the summer, too.
    Ping
  • dbigstickdbigstick Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited Feb 13, 2019 12:04am #40
    I enjoyed a pretty day on the course yesterday (Green River GC in Corona,Ca). The golf was good, the company better and of course the weather. Well the photos speaks for themselves. The orange on the hillside are the poppies starting to bloom.19f22a6f98aea64878ff0da3dbbf37f7.jpgb4c909e2e14d11055ac990aa68415a64.jpg
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,668 ✭✭
    RSinSG wrote:
    I’m not rubbing it in to my golf brothers held hostage by the weather - honest. I think about you guys and can’t imagine how hard it would be not playing for months. Standing on the range today I realized what a good decision I made moving to an area that allows for year-round golf.

(Click photo for full view)

You are like my friend who is retired and calls all his friends who work and tells them how nice Florida weather is.
    Stanks wrote:

75, sunny, San Diego brahs. Life’s good

Brahs? Is that the female version of bros?

Brah is the California version.
  • kyleluteskylelutes Members Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Hit the range today. It made it to the mid 40's.
  • rwc356rwc356 Chicago, IllinoisMembers Posts: 315 ✭✭
    Spent couple of hours on the simulator, going through all my clubs - checking carry distances and trying to shake of some rust from the swing. Sun shining in Chicago and temps headed up to maybe 50 deg. So the question will be go outside and play / practice in the mud or wait a couple of weeks and let the course dry. Hey its March in Chicago - strap on the mud shoes and head out to real grass!!
    Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag
    Great now I’m jealous