GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Brooks Koepka and the his lack of respect

12357
7

Comments

  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  29206WRX Points: 6,038Posts: 29,206 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 25, 2019 #122

    On -, @BLF0901 said:

    On -, @bscinstnct said:

    On -, @BLF0901 said:

    On -, @bscinstnct said:

    On -, @BLF0901 said:

    On -, @TomBomb51 said:

    On -, @tbowles411 said:

    On -, @golfandfishing said:

    Brooks is a fake tough guy d bag. He gets plenty of respect for his golf abilities, but no one over the mental age of 14 cares about Instagram so it’s not surprising the golf media ask him a few questions then move on to the guys with personalities for storylines.

    This is where I fall. I usually don't get involved with the "personal" aspect of golfers, but something just rubs me the wrong way about this guy. His golf is off the charts good, and I suppose that's where it should end. I will say this, people bashed Tiger for not giving the media much and Brooks is pretty much the same way. This doesn't bother me as much as his "I don't give an F" attitude on the course. The results are there, but for me, he just comes across as hard to root for. I don't root against anyone, but I'm not falling over myself for the guy.

    This is how I feel about Tiger. I realize this is a Brooks thread, but I had to chime in since you mentioned Tiger. I can't get behind someone like Tiger also for the "personal" aspect. The dude cheated on his wife with strippers and pee'd on them. Talk about disrespectful...The guy is barely human and was raised as a robot, how can some people hate on Brooks for his wacky personal choices, but not hurtful to anyone, but slob all over Tiger when he's one of the biggest POS's on tour?

    Never mind the way he strolled past autograph seeking kids like they weren't there and was notorious about stiffing people on tips even though he was worth nearly $1b. Tiger was a jerk and had one of the most manufactured personalities in professional sports, but these guys complaining about Brook's lack of personality were no doubt fawning all over Tiger.

    People "fawning" over TW "manufactured personality" cause he be like,

    The people we root for say a lot about who we are....you strike me as the type that roots for the house in blackjack.

    Yes, all these folks are “bad seeds” too ; )

    Justin Bieber has 106 Million followers on Twitter. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with popularity.

    I bet Beibs wears a zip-tie on his shoe lace ; )

    Edit, he does! just like BK...

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,193Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #123


    Does that mean that he has Bieber Fever ????
    Posted:
  • QuasimotoQuasimoto Members  967WRX Points: 132Handicap: ?Posts: 967 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #124

    On -, @widow-maker said:

    On -, @Big Ben said:

    I think Rory is a good example of a likable guy who’s honest and relates to the fans.

    You're correct that Rory is a likable guy, but he's caught a ton of flak the last few years because his results haven't been up to some people's expectations. Koepka, whose results have been up to expectations, still has caught flak because he doesn't measure up to some perceived personality bar that people who don't really know him have set.

    I love to watch BK play golf, he is certainly a powerhouse, and can play the short game as well. He won't do it every week, as we all know certain aspects of the game are sharp for for a period of time, and then not sharp for a period of time. (Any golfer I ever met waxes and wanes.)
    What I don't get about the criticism of BK is that in every era there are great golfers who are publicly similar to Brooks. Clone the swing (which is pretty much a given now on all tours) and now we want to clone the players personalities? No, I prefer to see, hear, different personalities and all their quirks and warts. I can relate to Brooks seeming arrogance as a result of needing supreme confidence in ability and performance delivery.
    Other people need to just this in other occupations as well. It is what makes them successful. And I would share a seat with him in a heartbeat!

    Posted:
    Srixon z785 9.5 Miyazaki Kuala 5544
    Callaway Epic 13.5 3W Diamana S 
    Taylormade 5W SIM Diamana R Limited Edition
    Callaway Maverick 3, 4 
    Srixon z785 6-PW Nippon Tour 105 R
    Cobra Black MIM 50, 54, 58 Nippon Tour 105 S
    Odyssey Highway 101 Limited Edition
    TP5X, Pro V1
  • IDrive300FsportIDrive300Fsport Alpine,UTClubWRX  112WRX Points: 53Handicap: 14Posts: 112 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #125

    Brooks Cupcake should be his legal name for now on.

    Posted:
  • HeathbarHeathbar Members  185WRX Points: 29Posts: 185 Fairways
    Joined:  #126

    it just fuels Brooks!!!

    Posted:
  • bkloessbkloess St. Louis, MOMembers  78WRX Points: 58Posts: 78 Fairways
    Joined:  #127

    It's all about the money for him. He doesn't like golf. He is just so good at it, why not? If you got paid millions of dollars because you were good at something, but you didn't really care for it, I bet you would still do it. And then to get hounded by the media because you don't spend every waking minute caring about what you make millions of dollars doing. Why would he want to be in the media all the time, just to hear from them that he should practice more. The guy has earned the freedom to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want to practice, that's fine. He will still go out and shoot 65. The guy shows up 30 minutes before his tee time, is sick, and then barely warms up, and then goes out to shoot a 64 or 65 on Sunday to win a tournament.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 9.5 w/ Rogue 125 TX
    Ping G30 13 w/ Tour AD-DI 8x
    Ping S55 (3-P) w/ Tour Issue DG x100 +.5
    Ping Tour Gorge 52/56/60 w/ DG TI S400
    Scotty 009/ Scotty FB+ Circle T
    Titleist Pro V1x
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • oikos1oikos1 Members  2905WRX Points: 678Posts: 2,905 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #128

    On -, @bkloess said:

    It's all about the money for him. He doesn't like golf. He is just so good at it, why not? If you got paid millions of dollars because you were good at something, but you didn't really care for it, I bet you would still do it. And then to get hounded by the media because you don't spend every waking minute caring about what you make millions of dollars doing. Why would he want to be in the media all the time, just to hear from them that he should practice more. The guy has earned the freedom to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want to practice, that's fine. He will still go out and shoot 65. The guy shows up 30 minutes before his tee time, is sick, and then barely warms up, and then goes out to shoot a 64 or 65 on Sunday to win a tournament.

    Good point. There are plenty of douches on golf courses every weekend who don't like golf and don't practice. Why should a pro be any different?

    Posted:
  • Titleist99Titleist99 Members  1099WRX Points: 482Posts: 1,099 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #129

    On -, @bkloess said:

    It's all about the money for him. He doesn't like golf. He is just so good at it, why not? If you got paid millions of dollars because you were good at something, but you didn't really care for it, I bet you would still do it. And then to get hounded by the media because you don't spend every waking minute caring about what you make millions of dollars doing. Why would he want to be in the media all the time, just to hear from them that he should practice more. The guy has earned the freedom to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want to practice, that's fine. He will still go out and shoot 65. The guy shows up 30 minutes before his tee time, is sick, and then barely warms up, and then goes out to shoot a 64 or 65 on Sunday to win a tournament.

    I think that he loves golf and he cares. He just doesn't conform to others expectations. I think that he could care less what the media and this WRX board thinks...

    Posted:
  • ValtielValtiel Konica-Minolta Bizhub Members  3734WRX Points: 1,748Handicap: 1.7Posts: 3,734 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #130

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    On -, @bkloess said:

    It's all about the money for him. He doesn't like golf. He is just so good at it, why not? If you got paid millions of dollars because you were good at something, but you didn't really care for it, I bet you would still do it. And then to get hounded by the media because you don't spend every waking minute caring about what you make millions of dollars doing. Why would he want to be in the media all the time, just to hear from them that he should practice more. The guy has earned the freedom to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want to practice, that's fine. He will still go out and shoot 65. The guy shows up 30 minutes before his tee time, is sick, and then barely warms up, and then goes out to shoot a 64 or 65 on Sunday to win a tournament.

    I think that he loves golf and he cares. He just doesn't conform to others expectations. I think that he could care less what the media and this WRX board thinks...

    *Couldn't care less. I don't care that almost everyone uses this wrong, I will die on this hill, lol.

    And I think its a bit of a stretch to make this out to be some heroic "I don't conform" crusade. If he didn't care what people thought then he wouldn't whine about the stuff that he has. A lack of feeling would come with indifference, not snark.

    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Taylormade M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
    Titleist 915FD 15* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Taylormade RSI UDI 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour-Spec X
    Titleist 915FD 18* Kuro Kage 90XTS || Titleist 818H1 18.25* Diamana Kai'li s103x Prototype 
    Callaway X-Forged UT 20* Kuro Kage XT 100TX Hybrid
    Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Vokey Special 61* Black Oxide V-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
    Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot

    WITB Thread
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members  3806WRX Points: 210Posts: 3,806 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #131

    On -, @BLF0901 said:

    On -, @bscinstnct said:

    On -, @BLF0901 said:

    On -, @bscinstnct said:

    On -, @BLF0901 said:

    On -, @TomBomb51 said:

    On -, @tbowles411 said:

    On -, @golfandfishing said:

    Brooks is a fake tough guy d bag. He gets plenty of respect for his golf abilities, but no one over the mental age of 14 cares about Instagram so it’s not surprising the golf media ask him a few questions then move on to the guys with personalities for storylines.

    This is where I fall. I usually don't get involved with the "personal" aspect of golfers, but something just rubs me the wrong way about this guy. His golf is off the charts good, and I suppose that's where it should end. I will say this, people bashed Tiger for not giving the media much and Brooks is pretty much the same way. This doesn't bother me as much as his "I don't give an F" attitude on the course. The results are there, but for me, he just comes across as hard to root for. I don't root against anyone, but I'm not falling over myself for the guy.

    This is how I feel about Tiger. I realize this is a Brooks thread, but I had to chime in since you mentioned Tiger. I can't get behind someone like Tiger also for the "personal" aspect. The dude cheated on his wife with strippers and pee'd on them. Talk about disrespectful...The guy is barely human and was raised as a robot, how can some people hate on Brooks for his wacky personal choices, but not hurtful to anyone, but slob all over Tiger when he's one of the biggest POS's on tour?

    Never mind the way he strolled past autograph seeking kids like they weren't there and was notorious about stiffing people on tips even though he was worth nearly $1b. Tiger was a jerk and had one of the most manufactured personalities in professional sports, but these guys complaining about Brook's lack of personality were no doubt fawning all over Tiger.

    People "fawning" over TW "manufactured personality" cause he be like,

    The people we root for say a lot about who we are....you strike me as the type that roots for the house in blackjack.

    Yes, all these folks are “bad seeds” too ; )

    Justin Bieber has 106 Million followers on Twitter. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with popularity.

    ...105 million only following to watch the "Beebs" train finally wreck.

    Posted:
  • SocratesSocrates Warning Points 1+ WinnipegClubWRX  10282WRX Points: 1,167Handicap: 4ishPosts: 10,282 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #132

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    I think that he loves golf and he cares. He just doesn't conform to others expectations. I think that he could care less what the media and this WRX board thinks...

    Precisely.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc, Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
    MCC Align Midsize

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Titleist99Titleist99 Members  1099WRX Points: 482Posts: 1,099 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Aug 28, 2019 #133

    On -, @Valtiel said:

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    On -, @bkloess said:

    It's all about the money for him. He doesn't like golf. He is just so good at it, why not? If you got paid millions of dollars because you were good at something, but you didn't really care for it, I bet you would still do it. And then to get hounded by the media because you don't spend every waking minute caring about what you make millions of dollars doing. Why would he want to be in the media all the time, just to hear from them that he should practice more. The guy has earned the freedom to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want to practice, that's fine. He will still go out and shoot 65. The guy shows up 30 minutes before his tee time, is sick, and then barely warms up, and then goes out to shoot a 64 or 65 on Sunday to win a tournament.

    I think that he loves golf and he cares. He just doesn't conform to others expectations. I think that he could care less what the media and this WRX board thinks...

    *Couldn't care less. I don't care that almost everyone uses this wrong, I will die on this hill, lol.

    And I think its a bit of a stretch to make this out to be some heroic "I don't conform" crusade. If he didn't care what people thought then he wouldn't whine about the stuff that he has. A lack of feeling would come with indifference, not snark.

    I know the proper English is (couldn't care less) but my software does not work as well as yours. It is very difficult to post anything on this board, yet alone correct anything. Now if you or anyone else choose to follow me around and correct my English or lack there of, on a golf forum, have at it! You do make a great point though....if he did not care what people thought of him he would not have press conferences stating his lack of respect by the media.....I will yield that to you sir. There is a possibility that it could be a act of defiance as well.....You have to admit though, he is an interesting character though....LOL!

    Posted:
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2808WRX Points: 986Posts: 2,808 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #134

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    On -, @Valtiel said:

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    On -, @bkloess said:

    It's all about the money for him. He doesn't like golf. He is just so good at it, why not? If you got paid millions of dollars because you were good at something, but you didn't really care for it, I bet you would still do it. And then to get hounded by the media because you don't spend every waking minute caring about what you make millions of dollars doing. Why would he want to be in the media all the time, just to hear from them that he should practice more. The guy has earned the freedom to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want to practice, that's fine. He will still go out and shoot 65. The guy shows up 30 minutes before his tee time, is sick, and then barely warms up, and then goes out to shoot a 64 or 65 on Sunday to win a tournament.

    I think that he loves golf and he cares. He just doesn't conform to others expectations. I think that he could care less what the media and this WRX board thinks...

    *Couldn't care less. I don't care that almost everyone uses this wrong, I will die on this hill, lol.

    And I think its a bit of a stretch to make this out to be some heroic "I don't conform" crusade. If he didn't care what people thought then he wouldn't whine about the stuff that he has. A lack of feeling would come with indifference, not snark.

    I know the proper English is (couldn't care less) but my software does not work as well as yours. It is very difficult to post anything on this board, yet alone correct anything. Now if you or anyone else choose to follow me around and correct my English or lack there of, on a golf forum, have at it! You do make a great point though....if he did not care what people thought of him he would not have press conferences stating his lack of respect by the media.....I will yield that to you sir. There is a possibility that it could be a act of defiance as well.....You have to admit though, he is an interesting character though....LOL!

    It’s nit like he is calling press conferences to bash anyone he is reacting to media questions during post round or pre event conferences that are pre scheduled by the tour/media

    Posted:
  • bkloessbkloess St. Louis, MOMembers  78WRX Points: 58Posts: 78 Fairways
    Joined:  #135

    On -, @GoGoErky said:

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    On -, @Valtiel said:

    On -, @Titleist99 said:

    On -, @bkloess said:

    It's all about the money for him. He doesn't like golf. He is just so good at it, why not? If you got paid millions of dollars because you were good at something, but you didn't really care for it, I bet you would still do it. And then to get hounded by the media because you don't spend every waking minute caring about what you make millions of dollars doing. Why would he want to be in the media all the time, just to hear from them that he should practice more. The guy has earned the freedom to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want to practice, that's fine. He will still go out and shoot 65. The guy shows up 30 minutes before his tee time, is sick, and then barely warms up, and then goes out to shoot a 64 or 65 on Sunday to win a tournament.

    I think that he loves golf and he cares. He just doesn't conform to others expectations. I think that he could care less what the media and this WRX board thinks...

    *Couldn't care less. I don't care that almost everyone uses this wrong, I will die on this hill, lol.

    And I think its a bit of a stretch to make this out to be some heroic "I don't conform" crusade. If he didn't care what people thought then he wouldn't whine about the stuff that he has. A lack of feeling would come with indifference, not snark.

    I know the proper English is (couldn't care less) but my software does not work as well as yours. It is very difficult to post anything on this board, yet alone correct anything. Now if you or anyone else choose to follow me around and correct my English or lack there of, on a golf forum, have at it! You do make a great point though....if he did not care what people thought of him he would not have press conferences stating his lack of respect by the media.....I will yield that to you sir. There is a possibility that it could be a act of defiance as well.....You have to admit though, he is an interesting character though....LOL!

    It’s nit like he is calling press conferences to bash anyone he is reacting to media questions during post round or pre event conferences that are pre scheduled by the tour/media

    It's like the Marshawn Lynch, I'm just here so they don't fine me. I'm sure if he didn't have to do any press conferences, he wouldn't.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 9.5 w/ Rogue 125 TX
    Ping G30 13 w/ Tour AD-DI 8x
    Ping S55 (3-P) w/ Tour Issue DG x100 +.5
    Ping Tour Gorge 52/56/60 w/ DG TI S400
    Scotty 009/ Scotty FB+ Circle T
    Titleist Pro V1x
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members  3697WRX Points: 698Posts: 3,697 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #136

    On -, @Kid Bro Sweets said:

    On -, @playar32 said:

    Brooks is a big gamer hunter, a mans man, masculine, aggressive.
    People don't want that in this day and age.

    Also they feel threaten by that.

    i wonder what other men want to do with a man like that

    Posted:
    Ping G400 8.5 LST Ozik F6M2/EVO III FUJI
    Cobra LTD PRO Ozik TP6HD

    Cobra F9 Avalanche 3/4 Atmos 7
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 5/6 Atmos 7
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Ping iBlade 3-pw DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 58 Modus 120
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 
    2020 TOUR B XS
  • ferrispgmferrispgm Members  2126WRX Points: 297Posts: 2,126 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #137

    I think part of the problem with Brooks is that he comes off as arrogant and a bit of a spoiled rich kid. I went to school full of 'em and he gives the same vibe. He clearly thinks he is hot **** and doesn't care what anyone thinks. I applaud him for not caring what others think but at the same time, the fans and media are partially why you are making as much money as you do.....it wouldn't kill him to be a little more outgoing. I personally think that Rory strikes a good balance though he does seem to lack a touch in the confidence at times.

    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic 9* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD M9003
    FWY: Taylormade Rocketballz Tp 14.5*
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18*
    Irons: Srixon Z765 3-5 iron, z965 6-PW, Project X
    54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
    58*: Cleveland CG14 1 dot
    Putter: Taylormade Daytona Rossa with agsi.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Texas1Texas1 Members  426WRX Points: 120Handicap: 5.3Posts: 426 Greens
    Joined:  #138

    I’m an Englishman living in Texas. Seriously, wtf, he’s a great player, lack of respect, what a load of shite.

    Great for the game. Only those with inferiority complex would think otherwise

    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D2 Fujikura PRO XLR8 S
    Titleist 917F2 13.5 ATTAS6 6x
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54f KBS Tour V
    Mizuno T7 50 & 60
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
  • WaytallWaytall Members  86WRX Points: 47Handicap: 22Posts: 86 Fairways
    Joined:  #139

    I think that he loves golf and he cares. He just doesn't conform to others expectations. I think that he could care less what the media and this WRX board thinks...

    He doesn’t have passion for golf. Go watch his interview on Feherty. He doesn’t even want to play 18 holes...says he gets totally bored from hole 4 to 14. Won’t eat steak it the states anymore because the Japanese do it better.
    He’s spoiled , arrogant and just a “dink”. Loved watching Rory bury him at East Lake.

    Posted:
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members  3697WRX Points: 698Posts: 3,697 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #140

    i actually expected his peers to be irate about his assessment of their prowess...but they were quiet. Tiger certainly didn't get away with winning with his C game comment. He was ripped by some tour players.
    They must be scared of Bruce lol.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 8.5 LST Ozik F6M2/EVO III FUJI
    Cobra LTD PRO Ozik TP6HD

    Cobra F9 Avalanche 3/4 Atmos 7
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 5/6 Atmos 7
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Ping iBlade 3-pw DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 58 Modus 120
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 
    2020 TOUR B XS
  • rmazelrmazel Members  1WRX Points: 5Posts: 1 Starters
    Joined:  #141

    The problem is that he is boring, as is Spieth as are most of the next generation of golf. You are free to watch for the "pureness of the game" as some of you are hoping for but it won't be on TV and it wont be for sponsor money.

    Posted:
  • Dano golfDano golf Members  173WRX Points: 99Posts: 173 Fairways
    Joined:  #142

    Some great PGA Players are funny, interesting, intelligent, charismatic, and sadly,some are boring and dull. Some fair to average PGA Players, dazzle with charm and wit, while others kill you with their colorless personalities. Personality isn’t for everyone! Some of us don’t care what a players charm is like, as long as he’s winning, while others appreciate a player that’s at least entertaining. For me, listening to B Koepka interview, is like watching paint dry.

    Social Distancing, and being a dull bulb

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • scoteescotee Members  3608WRX Points: 1,896Posts: 3,608 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Apr 1, 2020 6:18pm #143

    Some great GolfWRX posters are funny, interesting, intelligent, charismatic, and sadly, some are boring and dull. Some fair to average posters dazzle with charm and wit, while others kill you with their colorless personalities. Personality isn’t for everyone! Some of us don’t care what a poster’s charm is like, as long as he’s not whining, while others appreciate a poster that’s at least entertaining. For me, reading Dano’s posts is like watching paint dry.

    Social Distancing, and being a wise ****$


    You know I love you Bro. Happy April 1

    Posted:
    Turn the mass

    OGA member #15

    Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am
  • Dano golfDano golf Members  173WRX Points: 99Posts: 173 Fairways
    Joined:  #144

    As in most cases, younger bro’s are funnier, better looking, and more interesting! Happy April Fools!

    Bored Fool

    Posted:
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members  1732WRX Points: 383Posts: 1,732 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #145

    I like Brooks. Like his game. Could do without his comments about being disrespected by the media. Let it motivate and go play. The media has always loved certain players over others.

    Win majors and go have fun with your hot GF. Who cares if you don't get interviewed or picked as a pre tournament favorite. Personally, I love being an underdog.

    Posted:
  • Bad9Bad9 Members  4830WRX Points: 705Handicap: 9.2Posts: 4,830 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #146

    I care about players before and after tournament interviews as much as I care about any pre and post sporting event player interview which means not at all. We don't get any real knowledge of a person from any of this stuff despite what we would like to believe.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping G400 5h/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping G400 6-U/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping Glide 2.0 ES 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • PedronNiallPedronNiall Members  2183WRX Points: 136Posts: 2,183 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Apr 2, 2020 1:01pm #147

    Can't really agree with that as a certain other Rory known for his ugly but needed hat choices has done a spectacular job of putting his foot in his mouth via the media in a variety of interviews. While the post play ones are generally less than exciting they can certainly be telling about who a player is. To be fair, though, I've never watched more than the highlights because I just don't care enough about those kinds of interviews. I'd rather watch DF get spectacular interviews if I'm going to try and watch in detail.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Bad9Bad9 Members  4830WRX Points: 705Handicap: 9.2Posts: 4,830 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #148

    DF interviews are nothing more than fluff interviews like Oprah does.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°/Alta CB55 r flex
    Ping G400 7w/Alta CB r flex
    Ping G400 4h/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping G400 5h/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping G400 6-U/Xcaliber r flex
    Ping Glide 2.0 ES 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • Vardon GripVardon Grip Members  600WRX Points: 305Posts: 600 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #149

    Bruce is the modern day Ken Green... discuss amongst yourselves.

    Posted:
  • Higgs66Higgs66 Members  67WRX Points: 54Posts: 67 Bunkers
    Joined:  #150

    He's a self absorbed punk.. Antithesis of an Arnie or Jarrod Lyle.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ObeeObee ClubWRX  4271WRX Points: 1,155Handicap: +1Posts: 4,271 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #151

    He reminds me of a (barely lesser) Bryce Harper. Not at all a fan.

    Posted:
    PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - S
    TaylorMade Sim Max Titanium 15* 3-WOOD - Diamana - S
    Titleist 818 H2 19*. Tensei black 90g - S
    Titleist 818 H1 21* Atmos Tour Spec Blue - S
    Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
    Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
    Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s-400
    Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s-400
    Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 76.5*)
7

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.