***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Just shot 36 / 43

2»

Comments

• ZacR88ZacR88 Members  284WRX Points: 61Handicap: 4.7Posts: 284 Greens

Yep been there many times. I found that my game was there to make consistent pars, I just had to learn how and where to miss to increase chances of getting up and down or when to just trust yardages to get center green when you know sticking it near the pin is just not worth the risk.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • DD4442DD4442 Members  382WRX Points: 75Posts: 382 Greens

Went 36-46 @ Cinnabar Hills, SJ last week. Mountain/Canyon. Geezus.

Posted:
  • CDLgolfCDLgolf Members  1046WRX Points: 190Posts: 1,046 Platinum Tees

I feel your pain. Last weekend shot 34 - 42. Usually very happy with 76, just never did it this way.

Posted:
    Cobra F8
    Ping G25 3 wood
    Ping G25 20 & 23 hybrid G30 26 hybrid
    Ping i e1 6- uw
    Ping Tour Glide 56 & 60
    Toulon Atlanta
  • Thamel90Thamel90 Members  104WRX Points: 33Handicap: 10Posts: 104 Fairways

Just shot a 42-35 myself today. Started with a snap hook driver on the 1st, then completely changed my driver setup to get the hook out of my system. Basically felt like I was going to slice the driver, but everything went bullet straight to minor fades. Did great off the tee & approach, which really protected my weak pitching & chipping.

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 10.5*
    TM SLDR TP 3HL 17*
    Cobra F8 3H 19*  &  4H 22*
    TM Rocketbladez HL 5-PW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP 52*, 56* ; Staff Model 60*
  • SandlesSandles Members  18WRX Points: 15Handicap: 10Posts: 18 Bunkers

Was my turn today... Front nine is almost always my worst and I come home strong to make up for it... Today not so.

It's a pain that the worst of the day (double on the 11th and 3 putting the last) keep playing back in my head 😒

Posted:
  • The_Golfing_HackThe_Golfing_Hack Members  8WRX Points: 16Posts: 8 Bunkers

First time I ever broke 90 was similar

front 9 I shot a 39 with 5 pars and 1 birdie, then had to make a 10’ putt on the back 9 to secure a 50 and shoot 89

had a round this year where I dropped a 60 on the front 9 and then returned more to normal on the back with a 46

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SnapHooker_605SnapHooker_605 Rapid City, SDMembers  948WRX Points: 193Handicap: 13.4Posts: 948 Golden Tee

Lol, I did something similar last night, but when the order is different it feels way better. 42-37 to break 80 for the first time this year. I had 2 drops from dunking it into the creek on the front 9. This is the first time I've ever broken 80 where the back 9 was lower. Usually I'll shoot a 37 or so and hold on for dear life for the back.

Posted:
    Cobra King F8 Driver Aldila NV-2KXV Green 65 Stiff (9 degree setting, Draw Weight Placement, -3/4")
    Cobra King F8 3-4 Wood Aldila NV-2KXV Blue 70 Stiff (14.5 degree setting, -1/2")
    Callaway Apex 19 3-4 Hybrids (Project X Catalyst 5.5 Flex, -1/2" for both)
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4 Iron Thru G Wedge - KBS Regular Flex Steel Shafts (I keep the 4 iron in the trunk and alternate it with the 4 hybrid depending on which course we are playing or weather conditions)
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM 19 Grind 54/14 & 58/12
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (35")
  • JDFishJDFish Pickerington, OhioMembers  994WRX Points: 206Handicap: 7Posts: 994 Golden Tee

Shot 36-42 in the third day of a member guest a week ago. My brother and his friends have a saying - your handicap will find you :)

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
    Callaway Epic Flash 3+ wood Fujikura Ventus Blue TS 7S
    Callaway XR 5 wood
    Taylormade GAPR 3 Mid KBS 80 S
    Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
    Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Odyssey Stroke Lab #1 33"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.