Ping i59

johngalt312

With the new releases by Mizuno and TM for irons this week, my ability to wait for an i500 update is being tempted. That new TM P770 looks like a direct and serious threat to any updated i500 iron and Ping is choosing to sit it out and let that P770 just tempt me for another 6 months??? I have no chance. None.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Pesce101010 said:

bump....someones must have some details?  I noticed Ping took the i blade off their website.  Must be coming this fall I'm assuming.  

Multiple people on here with knowledge are saying not until next year, and some are saying not until July 2021. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

1 hour ago, halfsumo said:

Multiple people on here with knowledge are saying not until next year, and some are saying not until July 2021. 

Ian mentioned on TXG this week that he has both seen and hit the iBlade replacement. I doubt that would be the case if it wasn't coming soon.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

On 7/27/2020 at 8:06 AM, SvenS3 said:

Just went for a fitting with the I500 and I210 just to see if I buy them now, or wait until the new ones comes out.

The I210 are absolutely perfect, especially on a mishit if its thin. I only have one complain about them.

Did anybody notice that playing a draw is not as easy with the I210 as it is with the i500?

I have absolutely no problems in hitting a draw with my own Set and no problem with the i500 either. But the I210 seems to be hard to draw. Same Shaft, length, Loft and Lie on all 3 Irons.

Could it be the thicker sole on the I210 with more mass to the Toe of the Sole?

Just wondering if someone have the same Problems?

Not for me at all. Mine are upright but I find them quite neutral.

They really are the perfect club. Not the slightest bit tempted to change. 

15 hours ago, Blaiser said:

Lot's of info coming out that makes it seem likely Ping will be releasing at least some products soon.

Have read/heard that multiple people have seen and/or physically hit the iBlade replacement. Have to believe it's just on the horizon?

Given the G425 image dump today I have to imagine we will have pictures of both iBlade replacement and i225 very soon.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

I've heard too many people say not until next summer to get my hopes up. We may get some pics, but remember that we had pics of the Blueprint what seemed like a year before they were released. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Sorry to be a little off topic, but the Iblade is mentioned here, so I thought I’d ask..

Are the lofts jacked in the Iblade ? and does the Iblade feel similar to the I500 and I210?

I currently play Callaway APEX CF 19, like them a lot, but I do get several flyers per round, lofts are jacked, crazy long. BUT… I love the feel

Thanks in advance!

22 minutes ago, Obsessed said:

Sorry to be a little off topic, but the Iblade is mentioned here, so I thought I’d ask..

Are the lofts jacked in the Iblade ? and does the Iblade feel similar to the I500 and I210?

I currently play Callaway APEX CF 19, like them a lot, but I do get several flyers per round, lofts are jacked, crazy long. BUT… I love the feel

Thanks in advance!

Short answer is it depends.  If you get the standard spec iblade, no, the lofts are not jacked.  Very traditional, running off a 46 degree PW.  Ping offers a Power Spec set up that brings the lofts into that lower category, but not nearly to the Apex CF 19 lofts (43 degree PW!?).  The iblades do feel amazing--much more like the i210 than the i500.  For me, the i500 feels/sounds just a little harsh.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:16 PM, jongalt55 said:

Short answer is it depends.  If you get the standard spec iblade, no, the lofts are not jacked.  Very traditional, running off a 46 degree PW.  Ping offers a Power Spec set up that brings the lofts into that lower category, but not nearly to the Apex CF 19 lofts (43 degree PW!?).  The iblades do feel amazing--much more like the i210 than the i500.  For me, the i500 feels/sounds just a little harsh.

Thank you for the input

4 hours ago, BCC1898 said:

Ping is getting hammered by TM with this latest release. Awful decision on Ping’s part. 

Is this your opinion or do you have factual numbers? 2019 Ping stuff is still selling well. 

Edited by braincramp52
  • Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I've been playing Ping Irons for years, even if Taylor Made or any other brand shows me the new candy in the store i'll wait for what Ping will bring to the table, Many of the Ping clients have played their clubs for a lot of time, we are some kind of loyal them.

This doesn't mean that i don't like hitting a Mizuno blade and experience that soft forged feel or a Callaway Apex iron for miles, but we Ping customers somehow come back to the brand and feel of Pings.

So i'll suffer a little bit and wait, if there is something positive in this is that you know that if you like something from other brands it's going to be there in the future and maybe for a better price....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pingplayer said:

I've been playing Ping Irons for years, even if Taylor Made or any other brand shows me the new candy in the store i'll wait for what Ping will bring to the table, Many of the Ping clients have played their clubs for a lot of time, we are some kind of loyal them.

This doesn't mean that i don't like hitting a Mizuno blade and experience that soft forged feel or a Callaway Apex iron for miles, but we Ping customers somehow come back to the brand and feel of Pings.

So i'll suffer a little bit and wait, if there is something positive in this is that you know that if you like something from other brands it's going to be there in the future and maybe for a better price....

Agree. I think Ping will be just fine. I love to look at all the new toys but always seem to comeback to Ping/Mizuno irons, Ping woods and Vokeys. 

I’m planning for another year out of my irons so waiting for the new i210/iblade replacement works fine for me. 

• Like 1

I put in the request with my pro to find out all he can about upcoming iron releases. The rep is supposed to come by in the next few weeks to show the 425 line. I told him to ask when the 500s, 210s and iblades are in line for replacement and if any are going to be discontinued. Hope I can share some good news. 

I agree with pingplayer above. I always come back to Ping. Right now, I can’t find a better driver than the 410. The standard 410 3 wood beat out the Sim. I play and old G hybrid that nothing can beat and the Glide 3.0s are the best wedges around for me as well. In irons I am stuck between 210s and Mizuno. Part of me wants to have a brand agnostic bag but there aren’t many areas that I can find a better product for my game than Ping. It’s funny that Ping made its name with a putter but that’s their worst lineup by far. 

On 9/6/2020 at 3:44 PM, doublehans said:

Ping is a family business. Aren't forced to focus on killing it every quarter. They are in it for the longterm.

I've seen some reports where TM is having issues with their hollow clubs (irons). The face of their irons are caving in and the filling is coming out. 

I too am looking forward to seeing what's next for Ping especially what will replace my i200's. I didn't see much improvement with the i210's for me to replace but I'm hoping the new replacements will not be hollow. Yes the hollow clubs have a higher ball flight and a little more distance, but for me, it's all about feel and the i200's are as close to the original Ping Eye II's, minus the square grooves. To me, the hollow clubs feel clunky and I don't care much for the sound. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BSanko said:

I've seen some reports where TM is having issues with their hollow clubs (irons). The face of their irons are caving in and the filling is coming out. 

I too am looking forward to seeing what's next for Ping especially what will replace my i200's. I didn't see much improvement with the i210's for me to replace but I'm hoping the new replacements will not be hollow. Yes the hollow clubs have a higher ball flight and a little more distance, but for me, it's all about feel and the i200's are as close to the original Ping Eye II's, minus the square grooves. To me, the hollow clubs feel clunky and I don't care much for the sound. 

Given that the "standard" i-series (i25, i200, i210...) is a staple on the PGA tour and even more successfull on the LPGA, I cant imagine they change it too drastical (e.g. make it hollow).

Thats why they introduces the i500, so there is an i-iron for everyone.

So a hollow i225 would be absolutely weird for PING

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

4 hours ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

Given that the "standard" i-series (i25, i200, i210...) is a staple on the PGA tour and even more successfull on the LPGA, I cant imagine they change it too drastical (e.g. make it hollow).

Thats why they introduces the i500, so there is an i-iron for everyone.

So a hollow i225 would be absolutely weird for PING

I think they are going that way or at least use the same tech that they have in blueprints and I500 mixed in a players iron. Let's dream of a S55 with all the new mojo inside.

16 minutes ago, pingplayer said:

I think they are going that way or at least use the same tech that they have in blueprints and I500 mixed in a players iron. Let's dream of a S55 with all the new mojo inside.

What tech from the blueprints do you mean? As far as I know, that is a forged blade with a tungsten screw in the toe

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

12 hours ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

What tech from the blueprints do you mean? As far as I know, that is a forged blade with a tungsten screw in the toe

I think it's PING first forged Blade iron, if they combine and refine the feel of the Blueprints and forgiveness and distance of the i500 they would have a winner in my book, just that.

2 hours ago, pingplayer said:

I think it's PING first forged Blade iron, if they combine and refine the feel of the Blueprints and forgiveness and distance of the i500 they would have a winner in my book, just that.

So you want the feel of a 100% forged blade and the distance and forgiveness of a hollow-bodied iron? Such a club would certainly be a winner. Can’t imagine why nobody has thought of doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

8 hours ago, pingplayer said:

Well got ya. Thought I missed out on something in the Blueprints. I do think its tough to marry the feel of a forged blade with the distance of a hollow-thin faced irons.

E.g. P790, JPX forged (which is not hollow but you get the idea), Forged TEC. They all feel "good" depending on preferences but nothing comes even close to a solid/thick-faced forged iron. No joking here it's not even a fair comparison.

I do agree though, to get the forgiveness of those ones with REALLY good feel, as close to a blade as it gets, that would be like a license to print money

4 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

JPX 921 forged?

It is one piece forged and if its close to 919 forged it feels really good. But whoever says it feels like a blade has never hit a blade in the sweetspot.

Edited by Bunkersarebigcups
Missed another post

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1