2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Head Cover Drama. Who's the Jerk?

> @Millhill88 said:

> I go out and play 9 last night with a couple of friends. One of them brought a guy I had never met. Note: This guys has an all Titleist bag with the new $430 Scotty Phantom, and is decked out in the newest Titleist swag. Like many of you, I move clubs in and out of my bag, and last night I had my Cobra F9 7 wood in the bag. I do that for this particular course. Being somewhat of an OCD individual who likes things consistent, I had a Titleist head cover on the Cobra wood. #1, because I lost the Cobra cover, and #2, because it matches my 4 Wood.

>

> On the 2nd tee box, this guys starts going through my bag and pulls off my head covers. He see's I have a Cobra wood under a Titleist cover and says, "You're a Poser, trying to make people believe you have quality clubs in your bag". Me being me, I respond with, "What did you call me? This poser would be happy to beat your F-ng Word not allowed right here on the tee box".

> He then challenged me to play him $10 per hole for the remaining holes, and $50 for low total. I proceed to beat him on 5 of the remaining 8 holes and shoot 38 to his 41. When I asked for my money, he walked away to his Prius Yelling...I'm nothing but a poser and he will never play with me again! And... I didn't get paid!

>

> Am I really a poser for having a Titleist cover on a Cobra wood? Is it really that big of a deal to brand loyalists? Or am I misguided? I've never experienced something like this. On the bright side, I held my temper, which is Big for me, and my friend who brought him apologized repeatedly after our round.

Are you kidding? You really have to ask who is the jerk? Both of you kind of had your own jerk moments. I really can't believe a guy in his 50s is patting himself on the back for not losing his temper. Both of you sound like different versions of the same guy.

• Like 2

> @HitEmTrue said:

> > @QEight said:

> > I am slowly losing my faith to the moderation of this forum.

>

> I’m never understand why these threads get moved here.

>

What don't you understand about the word "etiquette"?

I'm never (sic) understand why the same guys type the same complaints over and over and over again when they don't make any sense.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @Bubbtubbs said:

> > @chocolate_rehab said:

> > > @cubanstogie said:

> > > dude drives a prius, its obvious who the ****** is.

> > I know, only douches drive cars that aren't openly horrendous for the environment. I prefer my cars to leave a trail of black smoke behind me and get 6mpg so people know how awesome and non-douchey I am.

> >

>

> It's debatable that factoring in the carbon footprint of the batteries and hybrid drive train paints them as potentially worse for the environment, but that a topic for another discussion.

It certainly is (and I would make an argument about lowering the demand for gas/oil being a much larger factor worldwide) - and I know you don't think that's why he mentioned driving a Prius as being douchey.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Weird story. I guess I am just way more chill than most people here.

If someone took a head cover off my club to look at it, I wouldn't be bothered and might just tell them something about the club and then put the head cover back on.

If some stranger called me a 'poser' - I would laugh and shrug it off. Can't say I really care enough what a stranger thinks to get caught up in his drama.

No chance would I need someone to hold me back from getting physical with the guy, and no way would I challenge him to a match.

Like I say - just a weird story.

But I like to have fun when I golf.

• Like 2

> @tatertot said:

> > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > @QEight said:

> > > I am slowly losing my faith to the moderation of this forum.

> >

> > I’m never understand why these threads get moved here.

> >

>

> What don't you understand about the word "etiquette"?

>

> I'm never (sic) understand why the same guys type the same complaints over and over and over again when they don't make any sense.

My complaint is probably coming from a different angle than what you are thinking. The general forum (this is just a guess) probably has a larger, and to some degree a different, audience than the Rules & Etiquette section.

When someone starts a thread like this in General and it gets moved here, I think it does a disservice to the OP, and alters the discussion that the OP is expecting to have.

> @HitEmTrue said:

> > @tatertot said:

> > > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > > @QEight said:

> > > > I am slowly losing my faith to the moderation of this forum.

> > >

> > > I’m never understand why these threads get moved here.

> > >

> >

> > What don't you understand about the word "etiquette"?

> >

> > I'm never (sic) understand why the same guys type the same complaints over and over and over again when they don't make any sense.

>

> My complaint is probably coming from a different angle than what you are thinking. The general forum (this is just a guess) probably has a larger, and to some degree a different, audience than the Rules & Etiquette section.

>

> When someone starts a thread like this in General and it gets moved here, I think it does a disservice to the OP, and alters the discussion that the OP is expecting to have.

>

I can see this point and the difference, even if I don't think anyone has anymore devine right to this subforum than any other user, as sometimes can be the connotations from some comments (but not HitEmTrue).

For example, say a thread like - Terrible person kicked my ball over the OB line and then denied it: WTF?

That would be a general what is wrong with people these days let's have a whinge and some other anecdotes type thread... as opposed to a - what are the rules implications of this terrible person's move thread. Mods should be able to make that quite obvious call, such as in this case here.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

The guy pulls of your head cover then insults you. This sounds a bit strange, I am guessing there was something prior to this or something else said between you two before what was written. (were you giving him s*** about his high $ bag and prius?). If not you handled yourself very well for an insult out of the blue but an insult like that does not usually come out of the blue.

You lost me at 7 wood!

• Like 1

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

> @jut111 said:

> I’m just curious about the venom people have for others touching there clubs. I get it’s rude without asking but some of you act like it’s the same as grabbing your wife’s ..... it’s a golf club man. Relax.

Nope. It’s an extension of personal space. Boundaries man.

Most do it as a form of territory marking anyway. Have to slap that as soon as it happens. Or he will lift his leg on you next.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @chocolate_rehab said:

> > @cubanstogie said:

> > dude drives a prius, its obvious who the ****** is.

> I know, only douches drive cars that aren't openly horrendous for the environment. I prefer my cars to leave a trail of black smoke behind me and get 6mpg so people know how awesome and non-douchey I am.

>

> @chocolate_rehab said:

> > @cubanstogie said:

> > dude drives a prius, its obvious who the ****** is.

> I know, only douches drive cars that aren't openly horrendous for the environment. I prefer my cars to leave a trail of black smoke behind me and get 6mpg so people know how awesome and non-douchey I am.

>

Sound like a big al gore fan. Maybe golf not the right sport for you, Don’t think that golf courses are so great for the environment.

> @duffer987 said:

> > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > I am slowly losing my faith to the moderation of this forum.

> > > >

> > > > I’m never understand why these threads get moved here.

> > > >

> > >

> > > What don't you understand about the word "etiquette"?

> > >

> > > I'm never (sic) understand why the same guys type the same complaints over and over and over again when they don't make any sense.

> >

> > My complaint is probably coming from a different angle than what you are thinking. The general forum (this is just a guess) probably has a larger, and to some degree a different, audience than the Rules & Etiquette section.

> >

> > When someone starts a thread like this in General and it gets moved here, I think it does a disservice to the OP, and alters the discussion that the OP is expecting to have.

> >

>

> I can see this point and the difference, even if I don't think anyone has anymore devine right to this subforum than any other user, as sometimes can be the connotations from some comments (but not HitEmTrue).

>

> For example, say a thread like - Terrible person kicked my ball over the OB line and then denied it: WTF?

> That would be a general what is wrong with people these days let's have a whinge and some other anecdotes type thread... as opposed to a - what are the rules implications of this terrible person's move thread. Mods should be able to make that quite obvious call, such as in this case here.

>

To me, "golf etiquette" that would be in-line with this sub-forum refers to things like where to stand when someone is hitting, taking care of the course, order of play (or how to play ready golf)...things like that. The type of things that I would explain to a beginner who is out on the course with me.

Teaching someone to play the game, it would never occur to me to say, "Oh, don't go to a strangers golf bag, remove some head-covers, and call them a poser." Or, "By the way, if a stranger removes one of your head-covers and calls you a poser, don't threaten to beat him up right there on the spot."

But I can see how it would be difficult to know where to draw the line on threads like this and that it easier to be consistent, and throw them all here.

> @HitEmTrue said:

> > @duffer987 said:

> > > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > @HitEmTrue said:

> > > > > > @QEight said:

> > > > > > I am slowly losing my faith to the moderation of this forum.

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m never understand why these threads get moved here.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What don't you understand about the word "etiquette"?

> > > >

> > > > I'm never (sic) understand why the same guys type the same complaints over and over and over again when they don't make any sense.

> > >

> > > My complaint is probably coming from a different angle than what you are thinking. The general forum (this is just a guess) probably has a larger, and to some degree a different, audience than the Rules & Etiquette section.

> > >

> > > When someone starts a thread like this in General and it gets moved here, I think it does a disservice to the OP, and alters the discussion that the OP is expecting to have.

> > >

> >

> > I can see this point and the difference, even if I don't think anyone has anymore devine right to this subforum than any other user, as sometimes can be the connotations from some comments (but not HitEmTrue).

> >

> > For example, say a thread like - Terrible person kicked my ball over the OB line and then denied it: WTF?

> > That would be a general what is wrong with people these days let's have a whinge and some other anecdotes type thread... as opposed to a - what are the rules implications of this terrible person's move thread. Mods should be able to make that quite obvious call, such as in this case here.

> >

>

> To me, "golf etiquette" that would be in-line with this sub-forum refers to things like where to stand when someone is hitting, taking care of the course, order of play (or how to play ready golf)...things like that. The type of things that I would explain to a beginner who is out on the course with me.

>

> Teaching someone to play the game, it would never occur to me to say, "Oh, don't go to a strangers golf bag, remove some head-covers, and call them a poser." Or, "By the way, if a stranger removes one of your head-covers and calls you a poser, don't threaten to beat him up right there on the spot."

>

> But I can see how it would be difficult to know where to draw the line on threads like this and that it easier to be consistent, and throw them all here.

>

Perhaps the moderators thought this place needed some extra spice and a sequel to the "dude touched my golf club" thread.

> @OleVirginia said:

> > @Millhill88 said:

> > > @DavePelz4 said:

> > > Sounds like he's a bit over dramatic. It's a headcover for Pete's sake.

> > >

> > > Also, if you "held your temper after responding with "This poser would be happy to beat your F-ng Word not allowed right here on the tee box" I'd hate to see what you would have done/said if you didn't hold your temper. Just sayin.

> >

> > As soon as I said that, my two buddies stepped in and got between us. I'm older an would prefer not to get physical (53), but I'm not someone who takes crap easily. BTW, I'd say this guy was late 30's.

>

> After reading your original post I would've never guessed you were both over 35...

>

> TBM

Exactly...

> @jut111 said:

> I’m just curious about the venom people have for others touching there clubs. I get it’s rude without asking but some of you act like it’s the same as grabbing your wife’s ..... it’s a golf club man. Relax.

The fact I had to ponder the comparison without an immediate clear winner disturbs me.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

> @gioguy21 said:

> both of yall are idiots imo.

>

> first b/c he went through your clubs...second b/c you handled it like a complete side show.

>

> sorry, just saying.

THIS !!!

Both of them were jerks. "Him" on general principles. The OP because of his temper/response. "He" was a bit bigger jerk if it makes the OP feel better. LOL

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Agreed. And everyone knows this is how to handle that:

![](https://i.redd.it/hbg8z2d42ex21.jpg "")

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Amazed no one has mentioned the gambling/welching - in my 40 years of gambling, there is one constant that is 100% agreed on...whenever a new person is introduced, the person bringing them in is "responsible" for that person's losses until a certain amount of time/trust has developed (including bad checks).

This guy's "friends" should have paid him the $50, but apparently think an apology is ok?!? I hope none of the members of this foursome ever comes to my home poker game!

As for the rest of the story...these guys deserve each other.

And as for the weird prius comment...I've owned two, and miss the 46 mpg every time I fill up my Ford Edge V6 AWD 16 mpg gas eater. Not sure what people have against getting good mileage.

> @"Mr. Hogan" said:

> If anyone started taking the headcovers off my clubs without asking first they'd be unconscious before they would see what clubs I own.

I've had guys look at my clubs, and I've checked out other guys clubs. I've only been playing about 50 years, and didn't realize it was such an issue, or that there were that many tough guys on the course.

• Like 1

> @caniac6 said:

> > @"Mr. Hogan" said:

> > If anyone started taking the headcovers off my clubs without asking first they'd be unconscious before they would see what clubs I own.

>

> I've had guys look at my clubs, and I've checked out other guys clubs. I've only been playing about 50 years, and didn't realize it was such an issue, or that there were that many tough guys on the course.

I encounter more “tough guys” in a week on this forum than I have in decades of playing golf 3-4x a week. That’s a good thing, better than the other way ‘round!

• Like 2