WITB........your wife’s clubs

Yuck

My wife WITB:

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 9*, Accra TZ 55 M3 (regular flex) 45 inches

3 Wood: Callaway Rogue 15*, Fujikura Vista Pro 55 (regular flex) 42.5 inches

5 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 18*, Fujikura Vista Pro 55 (regular flex) 42 inches

4 Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 21*, Aldila Synergy 60 (regular flex)

5 Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 24*, Aldila Synergy 60 (regular flex)

6-PW irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Forged, Steelfiber 70CW (regular flex)

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50*-8 F grind, 56*-10 S grind, Steelfiber 70CW (regular flex)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Te I3 Teryllium 33 inch putter

Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Mrs Badger's WITB ...

A complete set of Brosnan Lady Sapphire 2 clubs. Pink, cheap and mighty :)

I tried to get her interested in something a bit less big-box, but these were the hire clubs she used for her first lessons and she didn't want anything else.

In the end it's hard to criticise. She loves the game as a walk with a purpose. Elated when she scores well and doesn't care when it goes to shit.

Oh yes, and she mocks me mercilessly when I get cross about my own failures. Something I richly deserve.

I love her and her rubbish clubs.

bm

• Like 1

My mother (60F) got into golf about ten years ago. She doesn't have allot of speed, but is a consistent striker who hits the ball straight. She can score bogey golf depending on the length of the course. There isn't much information about shafts and clubs for low swing speed players, would like to keep revising her bag this year. Help her maintain distance as she gets older.

Current WITB:

Taylormade Jetspeed Driver D12* with Paderson shaft - unknown flex and weight

Taylormade RBZ stage 2 5 and 7 wood Paderson shaft - unkown flex and weight

Taylormade RBZ stage 2 4 and 5 hybrid - Stock Shaft 60g

Mizuno HMB 6- PW - UST Recoil 45g

(Previously Rocketbladez) 6 - PW - 45g Stock shaft

Taylormade Rockbladez AW GW - Stock Shaft

Vokey SM4 60 - Graphite Design Ladies Wedge Shaft

I think she's leaving distance out there with her hybrid and driver. she hits her 5 wood off the deck as far as her driver 160-175 yd . Maybe, a lighter counterbalanced shaft would help her get more out of her driver .

From the clubs i've seen i think Callaway and Mizuno make the highest quality ladies stuff.

PING G400 10*                                      GD Tour AD DI 5R

Taylormade V-Steel 3WD 15, 5WD 18, GD Tour AD IZ 6R

Taylormade V-Steel 7WD 21, 9WD 24  Fuji Ventus Red 7R

PING i/3OS  6-PW                                  MMT 105S

PING Eye 2 +no+ PW, SW, LW               Fuji MCI Wedge 105 Solid

Cameron Red-X                                      Salty Grip    

Edited by nitram
Updated

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

Cool topic

Driver - Epic Flash 12°, 45", evenflow green 45 5.0

5w - Cobra LTD, 42", Bassara 42g A Flex

4-5 hybrids - Cobra f6 - matrix red tie 70g A flex, cut down some (can't recall)

6-gw - Cobra f6 - matrix red tie 70g A Flex, cut down 1/2 inch

54-58 vokey - ns pro 95, cut down 1/4 inch

Putter - SC Newport 2 Circle t - 33" or 32.5" (can't recall) with extra weight in the head and grip since its so short.

Yes she's way better than me (+2 handicap) even with only 13 clubs and she probably plays more golf than me too.

This is a great topic, thanks for adding. My wife has been playing for years but was not serious about the game. Now that the kids are in college she has a bit more time to devote to lessons and improvement. She also decided to upgrade her bag and go for a proper fitting before the season begins. So getting an idea of what the ladies are playing is helpful.

She has the square two finesse petite box set. Add in an odyssey white hot putter and a tour edge 58 degree wedge. She will get fit at 2nd swing, they seem to have a nice complement of options for her including shafts and heads.

Ping Serene woods and hybrids

ping i3 o-size irons

a very old Spalding blade putter

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

The girlfriend's bag...she is my age (61) a low single digit capper in good shape that competed in state amatuer , and inter-city club events...Driver swing speed about 88mph......this is the bag I have assembled for her....

Driver: 10.5° Exotics XJ1 / Fuji Air Speeder 45 / R flex shortened to 44.5" / hot melted to C-9 swingweight

3wd: Exotics XCGV 15°/ GD DJ 5 / R1 flex untipped

5wd: Exotics XCGV 18°/ GD DJ 6/ SR flex untipped

4hyb: Exotics XCGV 21° / stock GD Tour AD/ R flex

Irons: Calloway RAZR X / 5iron thru AW/ recently reshafted with Recoil Smacwrap ES 760 / F2 flex

Wedges: 52° and 58° Taylormade TP EF R-Series / ATV Grind / Recoil Smacwrap ES 780 /F3 flex// 8iron shafts

Grips on all woods and irons , Iomic Sticky 1.8

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 My Girl Fancy Forever

My wife is 5' 9" tall, but doesn't have swingspeed, doesn't play more than a handful of times each year. Built her a set, largely to the non-existent men's standard length, using Acer clubheads from Hireko. She doesn't like fairway woods, so she's got Acer HT 4-GW, Acer 3 hybrid, Maltby SW, and Acer 14* driver. Used the Acer graphite shafts.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I think the mistake a lot of men have made with their significant others is they need to get them lessons!! Best thing I could have done for my wife!! Started with a box set to see if she would like the game, then moved up to fitted clubs. Along with the lessons, we both couldn't be happier! She has been out of the game for a few years, due to injury, sold everything she had but now she wants to try again. Thinking a set of TM Kaleas might be the ticket?!

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

TP5

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

My wife got an update this week ahead of schedule. CPO is having a killer blowout on MD4 wedges which are pretty much the same as the MD5 so I built her up a custom set.

She moved to 54/58 MD4 from her 52/56 CBX set and I won an auction for a Nike vapor speed approach wedge on eBay to complete her set.

She now has proper gapping. 90yds with PW, 80yds with AW, and 70 and under with the MD4s

I found some stiff Fujikura 160i iron shafts for a steal for her wedges which when trimmed down to the PW spec we’re about the same as the stock Project x catalyst 80 6.0 shaft she liked.

All in all she’s loving her Valentine’s Day gift and has an even cooler bag!

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

According to my significant other, its even better

A driver

An "almost driver"

"Heavy crooked ones"

and putter.

Truth be told its a callaway X driver and a wilson 5w, followed by thrift shop Northwestern ladies irons and a generic blade putter. I asked her the other day if she remembers any of that and she said, 'no, I remember they had blue grips' and I said, "you don't remember I changed all the grips?" To which she responded "then I know nothing at all about the clubs!"

Funny you say that about the irons. I did a fitting once for a lady a couple of years ago who had something called Lady Butterflies. They had heavy steel shafts, and a god-awful blue butterfly in the back of the club. I'm licking my chops on these thinking she's going to see about 45 yards of carry with something new. I'll be darned, she hit the Butterflies better, and she had a know-it-all smirk to her husband who dragged her to get fit as she didn't want to. I'm not sure she even really tried with the new stuff or if she just wasn't any good. Just to test my sanity, I found she carried her 5-7 iron exactly 85 yards. Her hybrid carried 86 yards and her 3 wood carried 87 yards. I knew then that either she was just doing this to make her husband feel better and was just phoning it in, or literally couldn't be fit because she just had no speed to generate any lift below 30* of loft. She changed the grips on her clubs as they were the originals, and when they came to pick them up she forgot what colour they had been changed to hahaha.

Back on topic. My girlfriend just likes to come to the range with me once and a while and seemingly has no interest in actually playing. I have a 907D2 8.5* with a ladies-flex Tensei Blue I cobbled together on the free for her based on stuff lying around the shop at my previous job that was never claimed some 7+ years on and the shaft was a pull from the Nike fit-cart once they went under. She also has a Cobra Bio Cell 8i men's senior flex that she hates that was also left over somehow from a wall set we sold and the person never came back to actually get the 8 iron that they bought and forgot. This was also free. I wasn't completely cheap though, I put some brand new Pure Pro undersizes on them for her that match the colour of the shafts and occasionally her nail polish...she liked that touch. She only hits the driver and will likely never step foot on a golf course, but I'm okay with that. She likes to go out and smack a driver and I'm not going to deny her that.

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Ping G430 Max 9* --- Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 --- set to 7.5* at 45.75"

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 11.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 44"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 42.75"

Callaway Apex UW 21* --- Diamana Thump 80 --- 41" 

Mizuno ST-Max 5H & 6H --- Steelfiber i95 Private Reserve

PXG Gen 5 0311T 7-G Black --- KBS $-Taper 115 

Titleist SM10 54.12D & 58.08M Jet Black --- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black 125

Bettinardi Hive Custom --- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

My wife's bag is in the process of being culled from a cheapo set we got her years ago since we joined a new country club last year. Previously I had just been a member at a golf only club, but she wanted to pick up the game so we made a move to a country club for the whole family.

Driver: PXG 0811XF 14* - Tensei Blue L flex -2"

3W: Srixon Z355

4H: Srixon Z355

Irons: Cheapo Big Box Set

Putter: Ping Rhapsody B60

I'm trying to find a good set of irons for her w/o spending a lot of money as she golfs about once or twice a month at most. I've considered getting her the 0211 irons from PXG in L flex w/ MMT 50g shafts.

GAMER SETUP:

Callaway AiSmoke TD 8* @ 7* | Tour AD HD 7s 

Callaway AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMade SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2020 at 3:50 PM, third-times-a-charm said:

Quite a few of the ladies at the club have neat bags and are quirky about their selection. I've seen PXG stuff and even CF16's (not counting our LPGA members bags) and lots of 'mens' clubs with A/L shafts, but the majority is a mix of old SGI stuff and 'made for women' stuff from PING and Cleveland from the early 2000's.

My wife is one of the most modern and interesting I've seen IMO, mostly from my being on here and playing 'personal clubfitter' for her.

She has:

Mizuno ST190 10.5 Driver / Fujikura Pro XLR8 L Flex Shaft 43" (We just moved to this from the JPX900 440cc driver and she gained almost 20 yds)

Mizuno JPX900 3-wood / Fujikura Pro XLR8 L Flex Shaft 42" (She wont let this go, it's her 'magic' 3 wood)

Mizuno JPX900 4H and 5H / Fujikura Pro L Flex Shafts

Nike Vapor Speed 6-PW (She cycles the 5i in and out of the bag with her 5h depending on conditions, she used to play both of them but I made her take one out as to focus on being good with just one of them)

Cleveland CBX 52 and 56 Wedges with KBS Tour Wedge shafts (She will be switching these out to the Callaway MD5 JAWS wedges w/ Catalyst 6.0 Mens graphite shafts as soon as I can find a deal on them)

PING G Le Oslo Putter

Bridgestone E6 Lady balls

Nike Sport Lite II bag (she walks 9 holes by herself sometimes)

....and she shot her first 95 again (gross) last weekend after our first kid earlier this year.

I was reading that other wife club thread on here so I wanted to update a year later. My wife’s setup has changed quite a bit and she placed 4th in our clubs 9 holers women’s league two day event last month with a 46 and 41.

From the above, she now plays:

Mavrik Max 10.5 (+2deg) 

Mavrik Max 5w

Mavrik Max 7w

Helium Black F1 shafts on the woods above.

Big Bertha 19 5h w/ Recoil 440 F1

Nike Vapor Speed 5-AW

MD4 54 and 58 wedges w/ stiff Fujikura 160i shafts 

PING G Oslo

MCC+4 on all clubs

Titleist stand bag

And yes I make fun of her for it but she likes having the 5i and 5h in the bag 

Edited by third-times-a-charm

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

My wife's clubs are pretty old. She won't let me replace them. But we have only played together a couple times. Now she just want to watch and make fun.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

Drv: Ping Faith, Acer Velocity R

5W: Ping Faith, TFC F

4H: Adams Tight Lies, Supercharged R

6-GW: TaylorMade Burner Plus, TM-TK R

52: Nike SV Milled, S400

56: Slazenger Onyx G

60: Cleveland CG12

64: Acer XB

P: TaylorMade Monte Carlo OS CB

She doesn't play much, but loves chipping with wedges and somehow doesn't flub that 64!  So as long as she enjoys that part of the game all 6 wedges stay in 😂 🤷‍♂️.  Got an uncanny ability to roll the ball with the putter - her best club.  No ladies shafts - doesn't like the flexible-ness.  Can bash the big stick about 220.  Good swing from past sports.  The best I've seen her swing off the turf is with my old Nike GW blade with the heavy S400... (also seen her rip a blade 3 iron with X100).. again 🤷‍♂️.  It works.

The biggest find was switching to big Tacki-Mac arthritic grips.  Small hands but due to a past wrist injury, she can't grip well with ladies grips in her fingers, and would hold them in her palms because it was more secure.  This compromised her swing with little wrist hinge.  **I've seen that takeaway from others swinging a golf club for the first time, and it made so much sense after her telling me why she was gripping that way.**  Night and day difference with big grips.. more secure now that it's more in the fingers, not just the palms.  Do not just assume the normal ladies grips for small ladies hands!!

D Cobra LTDx, OG HZ Black 62 6.5 3W OG Ping Rapture, OG HZ Black 75 6.0 20°H Ping G20, CTLX 4I Mizuno JPX 921 HMP, RIPα105X 5I Cobra F9, CTLX 5I-PW Mizuno MP-54, CTLX GW Nike VPC, V120X 54, 60 CBX Zipcore, V120X Cure RX4. WITB Link. CAD Designs on IG @joostin.golf

My wife and I split up the Ping Rapture irons that I have. We both run more or less a "minimalist" setup.

This is her bag:

- Ping G400 max driver with R flex stock shaft

- Ping G400 5 wood, R flex stock shaft 

- 5,7,9 Ping Raptures, AWT steel stiff shafts 

- Ping Glide 3 wedges (50° and 56°)

- Odyssey putter from her old ladies Callaway set

Edited by kthomas

My wife is 56 and has been playing since she was around 40 and breaks 100 maybe once every other year.  I talked her out of carrying a driver a few years ago

3,4&5 Callaway XR hybrids, the 3 is typically her driver club, hits it about 140.  Stock sr shafts

6-GW Ping G irons which our Pro fit her for a few years ago, Sr flex shafts -.5 inches.

52* TMAG ATV 

56* old Callaway SW

Ping Scottsdale TR putter which she picked out trying all kinds.

She forever talks about getting a Driver, but the extra length and her generally downward contact just produces weak slices and for a lefty our course isn't set up for that, so the hybrid actually ends up going longer because she hits it so straight. 

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

I bought her a set of Adams A20S complete set don't know what year it was. She won't let me up grade them . Loves them . I keep telling her there is much better tech out there now ,, she just gives me that look.. traded them off and you die !! 

I am going to try get her to try a driver at least . I think she would be happily surprised at the improvement in distance. 

My girlfriend has a bag full of Cobra superlite, driver, fairways, hybrid and irons. She has an odyssey white hot pro 2 putter

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 5-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2021 at 7:48 PM, third-times-a-charm said:

I was reading that other wife club thread on here so I wanted to update a year later. My wife’s setup has changed quite a bit and she placed 4th in our clubs 9 holers women’s league two day event last month with a 46 and 41.

From the above, she now plays:

Mavrik Max 10.5 (+2deg) 

Mavrik Max 5w

Mavrik Max 7w

Helium Black F1 shafts on the woods above.

Big Bertha 19 5h w/ Recoil 440 F1

Nike Vapor Speed 5-AW

MD4 54 and 58 wedges w/ stiff Fujikura 160i shafts 

PING G Oslo

MCC+4 on all clubs

Titleist stand bag

And yes I make fun of her for it but she likes having the 5i and 5h in the bag 

Well, a few months later and theres another update.

My wife has decided after much of me making fun of her, she's sticking with her 5i and removing all hybrids from he bag (Shes loving the 5w/7w combo).

Her driver ball flight was super low with the Mav Max/Helium Black even at +2 on the adapter so with CPO's new listing of the 2021 Epic line we've moved her into the Epic Max.

She hates switching equipment, but I've convinced her the Epic Max is the same thing with different paint. Plus I got it for her as a gift. So far so good - and with a shaft change.

We're currently testing both the Graphite Design AD-SLII R2 and the AD-MJ R2 for her (SS and carry is about 80/~200 for her). The Epic Max is set to +1/D and the weight in a neutral position. We may move to +2/N but we'll see how the shafts play for her.

Edited by third-times-a-charm

My wife's clubs are a sad mix of her ex husbands old clubs. I plan to get her some nice clubs for Christmas this year if she plans to play more.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

Also a Club Champion, my wife plays:

PXG Gen4 0811XF 10.5 Driver with Autoflex 305x 

Callaway Mavrik 3, 5, 7 with Aldila A Flex

PXG 0811P with KBS Max 55g A Flex (6-G)

Vokey 56 and 60 

Edel EAS 2.0 putter

Very avid golfer! I taught her to play when we started dating about 30 years ago.

Edited by KensingtonPark

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9deg  Ventus TR Blue 6 S

Callaway  Paradym 💎💎💎 3 wood Ventus TR Blue 7 S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 18 & 24 deg Ventus HB 8 S

Miura KM700 4-P Fujikura Axiom 105S

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52 deg Fujikura Axiom 105S

Callaway JAWS Full Toe 58deg Fujikura Axiom 105S

32.5" LAB Golf DF3 w/BGT Stability One Black | Pistol 2.0 Grip

Custom Vessel Lux Cart Bag