2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Cobra RadSpeed, RadSpeed XB drivers (in-hand look)

BAlberstadt

16 minutes ago, TravAz said:

When they drop shots from the data, they have a screen at the start of the video stating that. The comparison video did not have that screen.

Fair enough, but its an edited youtube video and thats taking them at their word face value. 

In that video, here is the strikes with the RAD- not really testing the mishits are we?

D666720A-5085-4F13-B39F-B684F15A8E0B.png.7cff16dccdec6d986b5da1e19a9a972c.png

and the Side by side comparison with SZ.

38B0AF0D-1A86-4A4A-BDF4-6DA09A906364.png.b7abc5e2521e920ee559173062537383.png

Ball speed difference is only a result from a faster swing. Efficiency was the same. Launch and spin were different, but nothing about this test really resolves their critique of the speezone being slow off mishits. Thats THEM that said it, not me. I would think they would want to show that in a test if indeed improved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Fair enough, but its an edited youtube video and thats taking them at their word face value. 

In that video, here is the strikes with the RAD- not really testing the mishits are we?

D666720A-5085-4F13-B39F-B684F15A8E0B.png.7cff16dccdec6d986b5da1e19a9a972c.png

and the Side by side comparison with SZ.

38B0AF0D-1A86-4A4A-BDF4-6DA09A906364.png.b7abc5e2521e920ee559173062537383.png

Ball speed difference is only a result from a faster swing. Efficiency was the same. Launch and spin were different, but nothing about this test really resolves their critique of the speezone being slow off mishits. Thats THEM that said it, not me. I would think they would want to show that in a test if indeed improved.

Since they didn’t post strike for the SZ it doesn’t seem fair to compare. 

To your point at txg being sub-par at club testing, by all means, fire up your YouTube channel and show them how it’s done 😂🙄🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

Handicap .5

Current Bag:
Big Dogs: G410 for Fades, G425 for draws

FW: Ole Blue but stays on the porch most rounds

Hybrids: G425, Cobra  King Tec
Irons: Srixon ZX5/7
Wedges: PM Grind 54/58

Moneymaker: Ping Heppler Tyne 3

Rock: Srixon Z-Star Divide

46 minutes ago, TravAz said:

Since they didn’t post strike for the SZ it doesn’t seem fair to compare. 

To your point at txg being sub-par at club testing, by all means, fire up your YouTube channel and show them how it’s done 😂🙄🤷‍♂️

No thanks. They do a good job in certain areas and i watch them, But they also botched a few things and seem to be VERY kind to all products. There are a few more honest reviewers out there, that aren't afraid to say something truthful, even if its negative.

20 hours ago, J_Birdie said:

What color is that, almost like the old F8? F8 had a great paint scheme.

Also is the blue color way a black or blue crown? It is hard for me to tell lol 

Here is a couple pics of the Turbulence color. Also the blue color way is a subtle blue matte finish that looks great as well. 

9EBD259E-2D39-4FC2-AF41-E6939F0C4691.png

3B9A8D16-A6DD-425E-9DF6-C23912D62493.png

• Like 3

image.png.3a492daf30b104e1edf559b55d717e16.png

Looks pretty close to the sole of this club to me lol

• Like 2

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

6 hours ago, nikeblades00 said:

Maybe I will just buy a RAD headcover to put over my SZ. They look similar enough, and play similar enough. And this way I'll save about $450.

Yep. Now, if you add some lead tape on the sole, towards the face and paint it green - WALLAH, you have your own RAD hack 😜

Right now, I own the Speedzone and I don't think it's worth switching. Yeah I may test it at Roger Dunn but doubtful if I'll put skin in the game. Now, if they come out with a white Pars & Stripes, Hmmmmh

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I’ve watched all the Cobra Rad videos and it seems like a lot of guys are leaving balls out to the right and that concerns me a bit.  This is the cycle year I replace my Cobra driver.  

Should I be concerned?  

Taylormade Sim 2 9.0 Project X Hzrdus Blue 60G | Mizuno JPX 919 Forged on KBS T120 | Cobra FlyZ 3W | Cobra FlyZ 5h | Bettinardi Studio Stock 2 Olympic Bronze | Vice Pro |

These look pretty amazing as usual.  I just picked up a sz head for a fantastic price brand new.  Currently getting a spa treatment (hotmelt) to bring head weight up to 200-202 gr for sound, feel and stability. 

However, Cobra is always one of those companies that I pay attention to.  They don’t get nearly enough recognition for their designs.  Very forward thinking and different, which is always a good thing for golf.  Ever since T.O. arrived their designs have made an immediate impact.  Love how they are different.

Driver Searching…

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

DRIVER:  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

At first glance I thought the Radspeed would be the driver I would be taking the closest look at next year. After reading a number of reviews, the Rad XB might be the way to go. If you look at the TXG videos, Matt has done all his testing with the weight back and still getting great spin numbers. By the looks of it, the XB is putting up spin numbers that are close to the weight back setting with the Radspeed. Might as well take the extra forgiveness if the ballspeed and spin numbers are right. Love the F9 and its still as long as anything out there. Just not as forgiving on mishits as I would like and very fade biased. If I can get the Rad XB in the low 2k's with spin and turn the ball over both ways I'm putting one in the bag. 

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

On 12/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, Red4282 said:

No thanks. They do a good job in certain areas and i watch them, But they also botched a few things and seem to be VERY kind to all products. There are a few more honest reviewers out there, that aren't afraid to say something truthful, even if its negative.

You have been around here long enough to no it is blasphemy to say anything negative about txg....

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, wobgon said:

You have been around here long enough to no it is blasphemy to say anything negative about txg....

Lol. The thing is i like them and watch them. I just think they put oven mitts on when evaluating new equipment, they dont want to upset any OEM or fanboys. My favorite phrase of theirs is “as good as anything out there” lol...every video

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

I am not the biggest #s guy but I assume if they raised the loft in the RAD a little and got the spin up to where the other 2 were it would add some more yards? 12/2200 like they said 

3 hours ago, TrueWRX said:

I am not the biggest #s guy but I assume if they raised the loft in the RAD a little and got the spin up to where the other 2 were it would add some more yards? 12/2200 like they said 

They could of added loft and shifted the weight forward and Mattyboy would of hit some bombs with the RAD. Instead they set it up so everything came out dead even. Perfect outcome for TXG. All clubs are equally good when fitted. I'm with @Red4282 on this one. Love TXG, tons of great information, very hesitant to make decisive statements about specific products or brands. I chalk it up to being polite Canadians who brandish the mystique of high level fitting quite effectively.

That being said, even after being perfectly fit their bags change every year just like ours....

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

38 minutes ago, cw1209 said:

They could of added loft and shifted the weight forward and Mattyboy would of hit some bombs with the RAD. Instead they set it up so everything came out dead even. Perfect outcome for TXG. All clubs are equally good when fitted. I'm with @Red4282 on this one. Love TXG, tons of great information, very hesitant to make decisive statements about specific products or brands. I chalk it up to being polite Canadians who brandish the mystique of high level fitting quite effectively.

That being said, even after being perfectly fit their bags change every year just like ours....

Solid statement.

I also think Ian has no bias when it comes to brands except when they went on their #Accraboner a few seasons ago.

Srixon continues to be their number 1 combo set but from all indications they help customers dial in their specific brand choices which most have decided prior to going there, in some iteration.

btw #flyeaglesfly

7D2BA1E0-0AC3-40C2-BEFD-A370A39CDF50.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, therealjonzone said:

Solid statement.

I also think Ian has no bias when it comes to brands except when they went on their #Accraboner a few seasons ago.

Srixon continues to be their number 1 combo set but from all indications they help customers dial in their specific brand choices which most have decided prior to going there, in some iteration.

btw #flyeaglesfly

I think the Accra love came from wanting to support a local company. Accra used to be an independent shaft manufacturer based in Kingston, Ontario. Maybe the buyout last year from True Temper changed things. Still a good product. 

Totally understand the Srixon love. They make some of the best irons out there. Always a close second to Mizuno for me. 

Bro.....there are only two seasons. Golf season and eagles season. Hurts just made things veryyyyy interesting. Fly eagles fly! What I would do to get to a game at the Linc....

• Like 1

I'll probably give this a shot. Have owned all Cobra drivers since original King LTD, and still have it. F7 was meh for me, F8+ was solid, F9 set a whole new standard. Picked up a Speedzone late spring and moved it quickly thank goodness. Sound and feel a big step down relative to F8+ and F9. No better performance, probably interior to Fs and LTD for me. Tried 5 shafts in SZ, just wasn't a match. So I'm gun-shy but that blue looks nice 🙂. If I was smart I'd get fit but lucked in to perfect set ups with both F8+ and F9 stock. 

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

How is this not the first RAD reference 

72AB4975-04CA-41DE-8646-88AB9A1E5914.jpeg

• Haha 1

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

The stock shaft offerings are absolutely the most premium I think we have seen in a driver line up?

Do we have any confirmation that this is the case? I just find it incredible you can just get a $275 shaft (Fujikura Motore X) that hasn't been specially created for the product. 

If these are indeed the 'full retail' shafts that you can purchase on the aftermarket - then Cobra have done an amazing job in securing them for the line-up and I am also assuming the driver will be moderately priced. You cannot go wrong from a value perspective looking at the initial testing from a performance standpoint.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SugarPenguin said:

The stock shaft offerings are absolutely the most premium I think we have seen in a driver line up?

Do we have any confirmation that this is the case? I just find it incredible you can just get a $275 shaft (Fujikura Motore X) that hasn't been specially created for the product. 

If these are indeed the 'full retail' shafts that you can purchase on the aftermarket - then Cobra have done an amazing job in securing them for the line-up and I am also assuming the driver will be moderately priced. You cannot go wrong from a value perspective looking at the initial testing from a performance standpoint.

In the Cobra Q and A thread. They stated that the Motore X was the real deal aftermarket shafts. TXG also confirmed during their live stream this past Monday.

• Like 1

So if I remember right Project X Blue is a stock offering. I wonder if it has Hexcel’s HexTow or if it a watered down version with it being left out?

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM10 54° D, 60° D, Mitsubishi MMT 80s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

On 12/17/2020 at 10:52 AM, jas904 said:

So if I remember right Project X Blue is a stock offering. I wonder if it has Hexcel’s HexTow or if it a watered down version with it being left out?

It’s been posted elsewhere it is in fact the real deal RDX Blue with HexTow, just not with the pretty ion finish. 

• Like 1

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

16 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

It’s been posted elsewhere it is in fact the real deal RDX Blue with HexTow, just not with the pretty ion finish. 

Very cool. Thanks for the info. 

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM10 54° D, 60° D, Mitsubishi MMT 80s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra