Callaway Apex TCB - U.S. Release???

uscgolfguy

Any reason why Callaway would not release the Apex TCB to the U.S. market?  Shows up on their European website. Is Rahm playing these this week at Torrey Pines?

https://eu.callawaygolf.com/en/gb/golf-clubs/iron-sets/irons-2021-apex-tcb-jv.html#product-specs

CA4FD868-FF7F-4B26-A6E0-DD6ABAB0EFD1.jpeg

933409DC-332F-4614-88CC-31F3C19E2F99.jpeg

2F9F2710-6D63-40A0-B3ED-4A96648F8CF4.jpeg

Edited by uscgolfguy
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure they’re just rebadged X Forged CB. 

• Thanks 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

3 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

And I’m pretty sure you’re wrong. TCB have a smaller profile with a narrower sole and less offset compared to X Forged.

Top line is considerably thinner as well. Just less bulky all the way around. 

• Like 4

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

still hideous looking IMO. For a company that can make a perfect looking blade they sure dont know how to make a perfect looking players Cb... BRING BACK THE PROTOS!!!!!

TCB's are NOT what Rahm and Xander are playing BTW...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X  44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

PROV1

7 hours ago, uscgolfguy said:

Any reason why Callaway would not release the Apex TCB to the U.S. market?  Shows up on their European website. Is Rahm playing these this week at Torrey Pines?

https://eu.callawaygolf.com/en/gb/golf-clubs/iron-sets/irons-2021-apex-tcb-jv.html#product-specs

To me the apex looks bigger and has more offset than the x forged CB. 

D4C257D3-1412-4035-9AAC-F699AF725865.jpeg

96610208-4AC7-4B5F-8963-A6A59D178049.jpeg

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

9 hours ago, uscgolfguy said:

All I know is that hosel to leading edge transition is 🤮

• Like 4

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

26 minutes ago, DFS PFD said:

Maybe they can only host 90000 new product lines at once in the US, they need to make room for all 39 Epic driver models and submodels plus the new irons and all of their 27 different iterations all released at different times. LOL 

Callaway is getting wild with as much stuff as they are pumping out.. It is always good to have lots of options but dang it is exhausting telling people about every product. 

As for the TCB. they are basically a more squat version of the X forged. I don't really like how round they are. At least in the picture.. I prefer the shape of the X forged. 

• Like 3

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

7 hours ago, Wardonation said:

still hideous looking IMO. For a company that can make a perfect looking blade they sure dont know how to make a perfect looking players Cb... BRING BACK THE PROTOS!!!!!

https://www.golfwrx.com/638266/xander-schauffele-witb-2020-october/

I think Schauffele is playing those, or some sort of them. 

• Like 1

It’s ridiculous they didn’t bring them out in the US. I don’t understand what Callaway is doing. They sign a new face of their tour staff in Rahm and then don’t release the iron that he and Xander are playing. So stupid. 

I think and I’ve said this in several threads it’s that they don’t know what to do with the X Forged name. They’ve got Apex they’ve had success with and X Forged they’ve had success with but it’s a different market now and people want a clean iron lineup with lots of combo options. Srixon can do it. Titleist can do it. Taylor Made even now can do it. But Callaway still can’t figure it out. 

I think the Callaway TCB looks great! I don’t like the X Forged look that much but I’d really consider an Apex MB, TCB, Apex Pro combo set. 

• Like 3

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

1 hour ago, cmatthews77 said:

Every model they release doesn’t need 4 versions (ie: Apex DCB). I’ll make it simple Callaway. What they should have:

Super GI: Big Bertha - one model 

update every 2-3 years. 

Cast Mass Market - Rogue, Mavrik, etc. Update every other year. Regular and pro model. That’s it. Don’t need a super GI model that’s the Bertha. 

Premium Players line... update every 2-3 years. 

Apex - players distance iron

Apex Pro - above in smaller package with weaker lofts. 
Apex TCB (or ApeX Forged)- forged cavity. No cup face, etc. 

Apex MB - muscle back

Done. Easy to understand. Easy to consume. Easy to test. Easy to combo. 

So you're suggesting if they come up with a new idea that is great they should just sit on it?  

I worked for Taylormade for about five years and it was a conscious decision for us to let our Engineers go wild and not limit them with longer product cycles, at least for metal woods, and it's worked pretty well.  The knock is well my product is out of date already but if it works there's no reason why you can't keep using a club that isn't in the current cycle so it's just more options with some of them at a reduced price.

It's a lot to keep up with but I'd rather have options than have to wait longer should they release something I don't like.  

FWIW I personally love the new X Forged irons. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PhlashPhace said:

So you're suggesting if they come up with a new idea that is great they should just sit on it?  

I worked for Taylormade for about five years and it was a conscious decision for us to let our Engineers go wild and not limit them with longer product cycles, at least for metal woods, and it's worked pretty well.  The knock is well my product is out of date already but if it works there's no reason why you can't keep using a club that isn't in the current cycle so it's just more options with some of them at a reduced price.

It's a lot to keep up with but I'd rather have options than have to wait longer should they release something I don't like.  

FWIW I personally love the new X Forged irons. 

I think the theme is K.I.S.S.  Titleist (T100, T200, T300), Mizuno (MP and JPX) and Taylormade (first year with the P7MB, P7MC, P770 and P790) have a clean setup with one or two series that cover low, medium and high handicappers.  I would agree that Callaway seems to be entering old Taylormade territory with mass marketing a bunch of stuff all at once causing confusion.

I’m still trying to understand where the 2021 Apex Pro fits?  Is it because they didn’t want to be left out on the “hollow metal body” marketing?  Or, did they not want to miss the tungsten boom?  

It would be helpful if they could put a cheat sheet together the way Taylormade did with their P-Series.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, uscgolfguy said:

I think the theme is K.I.S.S.  Titleist (T100, T200, T300), Mizuno (MP and JPX) and Taylormade (first year with the P7MB, P7MC, P770 and P790) have a clean setup with one or two series that cover low, medium and high handicappers.  I would agree that Callaway seems to be entering old Taylormade territory with mass marketing a bunch of stuff all at once causing confusion.

I’m still trying to understand where the 2021 Apex Pro fits?  Is it because they didn’t want to be left out on the “hollow metal body” marketing?  Or, did they not want to miss the tungsten boom?  

It would be helpful if they could put a cheat sheet together the way Taylormade did with their P-Series.

I agree with you regarding the releases - but in their defence, if you go the Callaway website, they have different Apex combos they recommend using combinations of their irons.  I think I’ve seen a PDF floating around as well.

It doesn’t take away from the fact that they have too many irons. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, uscgolfguy said:

To me it looks like being able to combo sets well is what drove these product lines.

If you look at their website I think they did kind of answer what Taylormade did by pre-packaging them as combo sets.  

As far as the Apex Pro goes I think they got goated into that one a little bit.  I would've rather seen the TCB irons released in that line and made the X Forged their flagship hollow body iron.

On 1/28/2021 at 5:19 AM, Wardonation said:

Hard agree! The new MBs look amazing but the gap between them and their new CBs is huge.

Srixon ZX5 10.5° - Diamana TB 6TX

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Ping G430 21° - Atmos TS Red 8S

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno T22 50S, 54D - S400 TI

Vokey SM9 60T - S300

Gamer Putters Son of a GOAT - 326g, 34"

Bridgestone Tour B X

Callaway Apex TCB 2021 Golf Irons Steel (Custom)CALLAWAY APEX TCB IRONS The cavity blade has now become the most popular style of golf club for low handicappers and professionals, with their appealing compact heads and buttery forged feel combining perfectly with forgiveness on off-centre strikes. Whilst true bladed irons look absolutely beautiful, the fact remains that for most mere mortals they are just too difficult to use effectively. Callaway have been producing superb cavity blades for many years now and the Apex TCB iron is the latest offering from this iconic golf company. Forged from Mild 1025 carbon steel this tour inspired golf club looks set to be Callaway’s finest cavity blade offering yet. The Apex TCB irons have gone straight into the bags of Tour stars Jon Rahm and Xander Schauffele as well as a host of others. When the best players in the world immediately switch to a new product then it is time to sit up and take notice. The Apex TCB irons has a similar sized footprint to the hugely popular X-Forged iron of 2018 and has been designed following feedback from many of their tour players. A finely tuned Tungsten weight has been cleverly positioned behind the hitting area of the club face and serves to provide more stability and greater speeds on off centre hits. The face itself has a tuned 17-4 insert which provides a little extra ball speed without causing any unwanted fliers. The Callaway Apex TCB irons also benefit from having the superb new Project-X 10/LS shaft installed as standard. This shaft has been specifically created for the TCB and its mid-launch properties allow for complete control of both trajectory and distance and produces a wonderfully penetrating ball-flight. If you are looking for a new set of Tour quality irons this year to help take your game to the next level, then the Callaway Apex TCB irons could well be the clubs to do it. These stunning irons are another superb entry into this year’s Callaway range. FEATURES AT A GLANCE Tour-Inspired Cavity Blades Tungsten Insert Placed Behind Hitting Zone Increases Forgiveness Forged from Mild 1025 Carbon Steel As Used By Jon Rahm & Xander Schauffele

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8* and 9*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

1 hour ago, BirdieBob said:

Callaway Apex TCB 2021 Golf Irons Steel (Custom)CALLAWAY APEX TCB IRONS The cavity blade has now become the most popular style of golf club for low handicappers and professionals, with their appealing compact heads and buttery forged feel combining perfectly with forgiveness on off-centre strikes. Whilst true bladed irons look absolutely beautiful, the fact remains that for most mere mortals they are just too difficult to use effectively. Callaway have been producing superb cavity blades for many years now and the Apex TCB iron is the latest offering from this iconic golf company. Forged from Mild 1025 carbon steel this tour inspired golf club looks set to be Callaway’s finest cavity blade offering yet. The Apex TCB irons have gone straight into the bags of Tour stars Jon Rahm and Xander Schauffele as well as a host of others. When the best players in the world immediately switch to a new product then it is time to sit up and take notice. The Apex TCB irons has a similar sized footprint to the hugely popular X-Forged iron of 2018 and has been designed following feedback from many of their tour players. A finely tuned Tungsten weight has been cleverly positioned behind the hitting area of the club face and serves to provide more stability and greater speeds on off centre hits. The face itself has a tuned 17-4 insert which provides a little extra ball speed without causing any unwanted fliers. The Callaway Apex TCB irons also benefit from having the superb new Project-X 10/LS shaft installed as standard. This shaft has been specifically created for the TCB and its mid-launch properties allow for complete control of both trajectory and distance and produces a wonderfully penetrating ball-flight. If you are looking for a new set of Tour quality irons this year to help take your game to the next level, then the Callaway Apex TCB irons could well be the clubs to do it. These stunning irons are another superb entry into this year’s Callaway range. FEATURES AT A GLANCE Tour-Inspired Cavity Blades Tungsten Insert Placed Behind Hitting Zone Increases Forgiveness Forged from Mild 1025 Carbon Steel As Used By Jon Rahm & Xander Schauffele

Any reference where this is taken from?  Is this a forthcoming release or from a current publication?

Here’s a link that talks about five (5) irons within the Apex line, the Apex TCB being one:

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/callaway-apex-irons-hybrids-2021/

Edited by uscgolfguy

7 minutes ago, uscgolfguy said:

Any reference where this is taken from?  Is this a forthcoming release or from a current publication?

Here’s a link that talks about five (5) irons within the Apex line, the Apex TCB being one:

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/callaway-apex-irons-hybrids-2021/

https://www.scottsdalegolf.co.uk/shop/callaway-apex-tcb-2021-golf-irons-steel-mens-right-or-left-handed

• Like 2

On 1/31/2021 at 2:45 PM, TheMoneyShot said:

Great find!  Has anyone ever ordered from this company before?

Going to find out....The finance is handled by Global UK Limited and you can pay local taxes, duties/fees and club pricing all in one order.  PayPal is available.

Note:  Keep the amount under a certain amount? and no duties plus free shipping.  Same outcome as buying in the US!

I have an order in for the Callaway Apex TCB in the 7 - PW with Project X LS, 6.5 shafts (no upcharge).

Just minutes after placing the order via the Global UK Limited (on Scottsdale website), I received emails confirming the order from Scottsdale and also that my order had been placed with Callaway Customs.

Orders are expected to ship in 3 - 4 weeks.

So far seems very easy to order with no cons that I can see especially if no duties/fees.

• Like 2

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8* and 9*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope