Cobra fan club

chouls19

The great thing about Cobra is they are one of the least expensive club OEMs on the market right now, but still come with one of the best shaft upgrade programs out there. 

My Forged Tec's were 1399$ Canadian (one of the lowest priced players irons you can buy) yet still were available with Modus 130s at no upcharge. Same with the King MIM wedges, Modus 130 no upcharge. 

The Radspeed driver is 100$ cheaper than almost any other mainstream driver, and comes with ~20+ shafts available including brand new ones like Hzrdus RDX

Not that MtlJeff makes every decision based on money, but a great price with a lot of options is really good at the end of the day

The Forged TECs are awesome too. SUPER easy to hit

• Like 4

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 9:42 PM, MtlJeff said:

The great thing about Cobra is they are one of the least expensive club OEMs on the market right now, but still come with one of the best shaft upgrade programs out there. 

My Forged Tec's were 1399$ Canadian (one of the lowest priced players irons you can buy) yet still were available with Modus 130s at no upcharge. Same with the King MIM wedges, Modus 130 no upcharge. 

The Radspeed driver is 100$ cheaper than almost any other mainstream driver, and comes with ~20+ shafts available including brand new ones like Hzrdus RDX

Not that MtlJeff makes every decision based on money, but a great price with a lot of options is really good at the end of the day

The Forged TECs are awesome too. SUPER easy to hit

@Jack Pearsall approves of you speaking about MtlJeff in the third person

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

I did briefly a couple of years ago. Mostly the same set up I use now but I with a mix of LTD, F8+ drivers and F7, F8+ 3 woods. Performance was up there with anything, just could never get completely used to the feel/shape of the drivers and the sound of the F7 fairway.

TaylorMade M5

Titleist 917F3 15°
Cobra King F6 Baffler
Cobra King Forged CB 4-P

Cobra King Raw 50 • 54 • 58
Scotty Cameron IBDD
Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, n'play said:

Cobra Rad Speed Driver

Cobra Rad Speed 3 Wood 

Cobra Forged Tec Irons 

Cobra Mim Wedges 

Cobra Rad Speed X Vessel Stand Bag

PXG Gunboat putter 

MtlJeff likes your style

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I played the ZL for years. Just recently retired it in favor of a G400 Max. I've played a number of their fairways and hybrids over the years as well. Still game a DWS 4 hybrid that will never leave my bag. Probably be buried with that thing. Also have the F9 one lengths in the bag which I'm enjoying a lot. Cobra makes great stuff that always works better for me than any other OEM across the range of clubs. I'm not brand loyal to any specific manufacturer, but looking at my history, I've played Cobra more than any other.

Quick edit to add that I'm hoping to add the Forged Tec OL irons to the bag in the fall. Great looking irons.

Edited by Spankapotamus redux

Ive been pretty heavy into cobra the last 5 years or so. Started with the fly z+ driver, since had the LTD black, F9, SpeedZone and now the radspeed xb. Irons, tried f7 ol, then forged tec black and now the new forged tec. F6 baffler for a wood that's never going away and in and out of different hybrids, currently have a f8 3h and a sz 4h ol. Wedges have never been on my radar but I'll give the putters a look maybe.

Honestly part of what keeps me locked in with them is the arccos. Love that system and it's nice and easy to have them integrated to the clubs vs attachable sensors or replacing all the grips on another brand

Cobra LtdX LS - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red/Purple 6S

Cobra SZ Tour - 16.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Cobra Radspeed Hybrid - 19 Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699u Pro 4i - Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699 Pro 5-AW - Project X 5.5 Flighted

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54 and RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 - MH insert at 38"

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS - Triple Track

Cobra is very underrated IMO.  Excellent woods, exceptional irons, decent wedges and putters.  I haven't tried the hybrids so I can't really comment there.  As others have said, their marketing campaign needs work.  They are still very niche IMO and always have been.  Their greatest ambassador being Greg Norman.  Bryson is great for their brand, but I think they need more players on staff.  I know it's difficult since they can't offer as much financially as the big boys but still, having maybe 2 more big names and better marketing would help boost sales IMO.  Honestly, I wouldn't be adverse to gaming an entire bag of Cobra clubs. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Currently, I have the SZ xtreme driver the sz 3 wood and 5 wood and the King Forged Tec irons.  My only non cobra clubs are my 53, 58 Ping Glide 3.0 wedges, my TM sim max hybrid and my Cleveland huntington beach soft 11 putter.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

23 minutes ago, Warrick said:

How is everyone liking the rad speed 3w?

I ordered in mid March, still going to be at least 3 more weeks, ugh

I'm loving mine. Right out of the box I was hitting it really solid. Nice flight, good sound.

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

I do have their KING Cobra TOUR MIM irons with Recoil shafts and love them. I even have a KING staff bag and PUMA Ignite shoes as I have played in the past everything from their Driver, fairway woods hybrids and thought they are a very under-rated company. Never had their wedges or putter. Cobra should get more Love then they do

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

• 2 weeks later...

I'm close, but I have a Scotty Cameron Del Mar for the putter. Thinking about the Cobra Snakebite wedges, and at some point, I'll probably try one out.

Otherwise:

F8 driver set to 10.5

Speedline driver (alternative)

Utility 3 iron

Oversize 4-PW

Cobra Fly-Z set up as a 7W

Cobra T-rail 7 iron

Trusty Rusty wedges

Thinking about the Radspeed draw driver too, but I like the feel of the F8.

Edited by ResearchMike

F7 Driver, F6 Fairway, F7 2/3 and 2/4 Hybrids in the bag at the moment.

Had 2016 ForgedTec irons in the bag until this season - am waiting to hit the MIM's when they have a demo day here to see if I want those or the new Forged Tec's. Am testing a new shaft this year to see if I like it or not as then I can order it into the heads.

Cobra Aerojet LS Driver/3 Wood Kai'li Blue/White S

Cobra Aerojet 5W at 19.5 deg - Kai'li Blue S

Srizon ZX 4 iron - Recoil 95 F4

Cobra MIM Tour 5-PW - Recoil 95 F4

Cleveland 50 RTX 6 Zipcore, Callaway Jaws 56

Cleveland 60 CBX Zipcore

Odyssey WhiteHot OG Double Wide/Cleveland Frontline 8

Guys, how many of you are (still) playing the F8 3/4 fairway (or a later Cobra fairway) with the Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 70 shaft?

I have just acquired this club, love the head but just a little worried that the shaft (I have it in S flex) is a little loose for me. I have an Aldila Tour Blue 85 shaft in S flex that I am tossing up as being a better fit for me, I find it maybe just a shade heavy for me but it is a little less loose. I also have the XCaliber shaft in my sig which is my go to.

Torque is 3.9 (NV) vs 3.0 (Tour Blue). Driver SS is 105mph but I have a very quick transition.

I'll do all the range work, Trackman stats etc but just after some player feedback to go with this. Done plenty of googling incl WRX but can't get enough of the info I am after.

Thanks to anyone who can respond with anything.

Edited by Rapidcat

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

Been a Cobra guy for a while now and it all really happened by chance. Picked the game up about 9-10 years ago. When I decided to get serious and step up to forged irons after a couple years tried the AMP Cell Forged out after finding a new set on sale and loved them (except for the orange). Removed the paint on the badge to give them a clean look and still have them in the garage. Fell for the drivers literally due to OCD and loving the color options of the AMP line. Found a good used set of AMP Cell Pros last year and snagged them and swapped out the shafts. Been playing them playing them for over a year now. Had an AMP Cell, AMP Cell Pro, BIo Cell+, and now a King LTD driver. Had the same bio cell 3W for a while now. Mine started for weird reasons (set on sale, OCD to not playing multiple brands) and didn't really know what Cobra was about at the time. 

Oh, and have played 2 Tour Trusty (56/60) wedges now for years. So long they're about ready to be replaced.

Have been a FJ shoe golf for a few years, but tried out the PUMA ignite caged DISC this spring and they may be the most comfortable I've ever worn. Light weight, snug fit, and hate tying shoes....

Joined this fan club, just picked up a Radspeed XB 9* with RDX Blue. Easily beat my Ping G400 MAX, lower spin and longer. 

Cobra Aerojet 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 5S

Callaway Paradym 3 Wood 15* Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Silver 70S

Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 3H 18* and 4H 21* Aerotech Steelfiber FC 75S

Callaway Paradym 5 Hybrid  24* Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Silver 75S

Callaway Apex CF19 Forged 6-AW-SW  Recoil 95S

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 58/10 Mid TT DG Spinner

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One CH

My normal setup has 11 Cobra clubs in the bag. Fairway and hybrid are always the hardest spots for me to fill and right now Ping has a death grip on those spots. 

Used Cobra gear has been the best value in golf for years now. 

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

Unfortunately, i became a victom of Cobra Fanboy club 😞 - 3 Sets, 3 Drivers, 2FW, 2 wedges and some utlities.

I started off with the F9 driver Master's Camo and Forged Tec One size cavities (5-GW). These were brand new and fitted, but i was recommended in regular shaft for some reason. The driver was a 10.5 and regular, way too high launching.

I topped up the long end with the adjustable utility clubs. was playing the Callaway MD4's though for a wedge and Toulon for the putter.

I switched out to blades, the Forged Tec's were launching too high and i do love a blade. Keeping in fashion with the blacked out theme, went for the Forged MBs. (4-GW.) I got them second hand in stiff from E-bay. I added F9 tour fairways 3 and 5.

Later, i thought about completing the full bag and bought 2 MiM wedges, they look really slick all blacked out. However, i didn't like how they felt.

I added a 2 iron, since struggling a bit with my driver and to use from the rough.

I dabbled with the SZ driver, but the sound irritates me, so it's on hold. I went back and bought a 9 degree F9 head.

The advantage with the woods and driver's is that they're all with the same adaptop, so it's cheaper to find a head only second hand 🙂

Then, of course, i just couldn't resist the RF REV33's, because i'm stupid,  so i bought a set of them. I'm going to give the wedges a second chance, so could possibly have a 99% full Cobra bag. That putter they brought out is just laughable, so i'll be sticking with the L.A.B and my Toulon's.

• Like 1

TM Mini Brnr 9.5* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

TM Mini Brnr 11* Oban Kiyoshi Red O5 

Callaway Rogue Max 5W Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4

Edel SMS Pro 5-P, One Length (8i) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

RC SG-10 wedges 50, 54, 58, 62 One Length (PW) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

All sorts of Toulon blade putters.

XXIO premium ball.