2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

2 hours ago, agood3putt said:

Anyone have any updates on the fairway woods? Im not oblivious to how they will look but curious if anyone has hit them

I’m told they do not have carbon faces but that’s all I know. The Portugal Trade Launch was not so well supported I’m told given virus issues. 

I love the innovation but the face durability scares me. I was a TM loyalist for years but moved away from their woods because twist face accentuated my miss more than Callaway. My strike is now center face rather than towards the toe so Stealth may get a test against Rogue ST and my current gamer. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

18 minutes ago, Jungleland said:

I'm not lying, I'll be bagging it.  I just want to hear more about this high launch to make sure I fit into the right head.

I’m also wanting to hear more input on launch.  I found sim2 to launch much higher than the og sim so if anyone that has hit it can give launch comparisons it would be much appreciated 

personally I’m interested in the plus model 

Edited by mogc60

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

14 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

I wonder how consistent the carbon face will be from club to club? With titanium, it can be cast or forged and then milled to spec at a pretty high tolerance.

On another golf site, one of the higher ups commented TM will not use metal in a driver face ever again. Seems like a pretty brazen statement which I assume was originally made by someone at TM.

Such an interesting time were are embarking on. I’m interested to see where this all leads to.

5 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

My take.....click the upper right arrow below.....

I'd have to imagine that non-metal faces are/will be the future since it feels like no more room is left when it comes to titanium and how thin/strong it can be made. The weight savings and strength are two things basically required to push things any further, and if the Stealth does well at all from a sales standpoint it will only be a matter of time before composite faces become standard, at least on drivers. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 4i-7i 23*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

39 minutes ago, Laznasty said:

I change my driver 2-3 times per year even when things are going well, why the heck is he still playing the OG Sim if he's not happy with it lol?

He's the antithesis of a club ho.  Will only spend money on clubs when he absolutely needs to.  To his credit, he did swap out shafts.  Let's put it this way.  His previous driver was the TM RBZ which is over 10 years old.  He refused to upgrade until he found a crack near the hosel of the head. 

Edited by phizzy30

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Would have been perfect had they not covered up the carbon crown.

The 300 Mini is perfect on top. 

Maybe in person it will look good in a different way.

Edit. You know the more I think and look at it. Its a perfect look for the Stealth concept. The "blacked out" carbon crown look wouldn't fit the stealth aircraft look. The read face I'm convinced is the imitation jet engine flames. Albeit on the wrong end. But its the only logical place for them. And makes no difference to the profile.

Edited by Clubhoe

4 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

I love the innovation but the face durability scares me. I was a TM loyalist for years but moved away from their woods because twist face accentuated my miss more than Callaway. My strike is now center face rather than towards the toe so Stealth may get a test against Rogue ST and my current gamer. 

They use composites in just about every high-strength/low weight applications where Ti and other alloys used to dominate. I am guessing they can actually get away with a face that is thicker than it's Ti equivalent (while being lighter), so it actually might be more durable in the long run. 

9 hours ago, Davidv said:

Lets face it, after all the complaints about looks, sound, gimmicky, etc. it will be a number one seller in 2022.

💯

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Any ideas on price?

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

7 minutes ago, HackerDad78 said:

So… had the chance to see Stealth Plus and both fairways today. 

Things that I noticed:

- Didn’t look cheap at all to me - looks premium, but the crown does lack a little something since you can’t really see the carbon weave anymore 

- Bottom is titanium, not carbon looks REAL close to SIM, inertia generator and all

- Face is zero concern at address and definitely no raised grooves as others have asked

- Like the current sole plate of Ti SIM fwy better, but it’s still good looking

- The guys I was speaking with said the sound is the best they’ve heard from TM in a very long time - kind of a muted thwack

Thanks for the update. Is the sound a 510TP sort of muted thwack? 🤞

Edited by BdaGolfer

25 minutes ago, HackerDad78 said:

So… had the chance to see Stealth Plus and both fairways today. 

Things that I noticed:

- Didn’t look cheap at all to me - looks premium, but the crown does lack a little something since you can’t really see the carbon weave anymore 

- Bottom is titanium, not carbon looks REAL close to SIM, inertia generator and all

- Face is zero concern at address and definitely no raised grooves as others have asked

- Like the current sole plate of Ti SIM fwy better, but it’s still good looking

- The guys I was speaking with said the sound is the best they’ve heard from TM in a very long time - kind of a muted thwack

Any chance to see whats on that face? Sticker or some kind of film?

14 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Any chance to see whats on that face? Sticker or some kind of film?

Not a film or sticker. Actual face is exactly as pictured earlier the thread. Not sure if it’s a sort of urethane or other coating, but the photos we’ve seen are the actual face… confirmed.

• Like 3

Just now, HackerDad78 said:

Not a film or sticker. Actual face is exactly as pictured earlier the thread. Not sure if it’s a sort of urethane or other coating, but the photos we’ve seen are the actual face… confirmed.

Interesting, thanks. I suspect some kind of coating to protect against scratches from dirt/sand

Two questions: 

Do they typically launch the customizable versions on the same day they launch the driver? Or is there a wait for the customizable options? Not even gonna pretend I’m not going to buy one of these. I’d like to go with a customized version, but also don’t want to wait…

Also, any further info on the Kai’li shaft option? I assume it’s a made-for, but also know Mitsubishi has launched that new line at a lower price point than Diamana … so here’s hoping we get lucky and it’s the real deal. Certainly not betting on it, but just wondering if there’s more info yet.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

11 minutes ago, eric61 said:

Two questions: 

Do they typically launch the customizable versions on the same day they launch the driver? Or is there a wait for the customizable options? Not even gonna pretend I’m not going to buy one of these. I’d like to go with a customized version, but also don’t want to wait…

Also, any further info on the Kai’li shaft option? I assume it’s a made-for, but also know Mitsubishi has launched that new line at a lower price point than Diamana … so here’s hoping we get lucky and it’s the real deal. Certainly not betting on it, but just wondering if there’s more info yet.

With how Mitsubishi has been making the oem stock options available through distribution, it’s as real as you want it to be lol. Like the Tensei shafts that have been available in almost every oem. It will be mass produced vs something like their current Diamana. It won’t be as high end. Doesn’t mean it won’t be a good shaft. But it’s not like it will a high end free offering. I’m guessing we’ll see it pop up in some other drivers too. 

Of course I could be wrong. But, looking at their pat releases I’d bet money on it. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

After gaming 5 other drivers this year, my SIM2 Max I just got a few weeks ago has been a revelation of performance sound and feel. If Stealth is better.....man. Can't wait for the "head only"s to start popping up for sale. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

48 minutes ago, radiman said:

With how Mitsubishi has been making the oem stock options available through distribution, it’s as real as you want it to be lol. Like the Tensei shafts that have been available in almost every oem. It will be mass produced vs something like their current Diamana. It won’t be as high end. Doesn’t mean it won’t be a good shaft. But it’s not like it will a high end free offering. I’m guessing we’ll see it pop up in some other drivers too. 

Of course I could be wrong. But, looking at their pat releases I’d bet money on it. 

You're probably right. 

My hope is that they go something like the route of Titleist or Cobra or Mizuno -- where you're getting real Tensei and Motore X and RDX shafts rather than different-spec'ed versions, just obviously those aren't the top-end lineups. I'm kind of not clear where Mitsubishi is positioning Kai'li. The Kai'li White is listed at $300 aftermarket vs. $250 or whatever for Tensei, but ... is it like Tensei/Motore X/RDX in that they don't expect anybody to ever actually pay anywhere near that for it? Or is it really supposed to be a higher-end but not-quite-Diamana shaft, yet they're willing to drop a turd in the punch bowl by giving TM a made-for version before the full Kai'li lineup is even out? 

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Was introduced to some of the good people that are part of the investment group that purchased TM. Business guys, but very cool to see that they were also avid golfers. He extended an invite to the kingdom but without telling me too much, he said to save my money on buying the Sim2 and wait a year for the next model. He promised noticeable gains and bet that the next dinner would be on him if it didn’t outperform my gamer. Being a wrx’r I ended up bagging a tsi4 (that I love) and can’t wait to put whatever’s coming to the test!

TSR3 8* w Autoflex 505x shaft
Titleist 915fd w Fujikura Speeder Evolution IV 661 shaft
Titleist TSi3 4 hybrid w Fujikura Tour Spec Blue 7 

Miura CB1008 4i-PW w Oban CT-115 S shafts
Miura Tour Wedge HB 48*, Miura K Grind 2.0 54* & 60* w Oban Ct-115 wedge shafts
Scotty Cameron Red X center shafted putter (I love anything CS)
Titleist Prov1x

24 minutes ago, eric61 said:

You're probably right. 

My hope is that they go something like the route of Titleist or Cobra or Mizuno -- where you're getting real Tensei and Motore X and RDX shafts rather than different-spec'ed versions, just obviously those aren't the top-end lineups. I'm kind of not clear where Mitsubishi is positioning Kai'li. The Kai'li White is listed at $300 aftermarket vs. $250 or whatever for Tensei, but ... is it like Tensei/Motore X/RDX in that they don't expect anybody to ever actually pay anywhere near that for it? Or is it really supposed to be a higher-end but not-quite-Diamana shaft, yet they're willing to drop a turd in the punch bowl by giving TM a made-for version before the full Kai'li lineup is even out? 

The only made for that they’re using is their non velocore ventus shafts. Their RDX, Tensei, etc non upcharge shafts will be identical to what everyone else is using.  There is a big difference between the Tensei that comes for free vs the Tensei pro line from a few years ago. Or the 1K that’s out now. 

And if you’re looking to a diamana as a comparison, in don’t know of any shafts offered as stock that would be comparable in quality. Not that they’re bad shafts. But they’ll all be mass produced vs a high end shaft like the diamana lineup. 

Edited by radiman

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

• easyyy unfeatured this topic