Tiger Footjoy

That’s awesome.  Congrats.   Literally, once in a lifetime right there. 

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

@hammergolf Man! What a story!  These are the types of post that make GolfWRX so awesome!   From my experience(s) around famous athletes / celebs - the less you treat them like celebs and chat with them like they’re regular people, they are more open to interact.  Sounds like that’s exactly what you did!  Talk about a once in a lifetime event / round of golf! 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Llortamaisey said:

Rumor on Twitter is he missed out on the latest release from Nike online and he refuses to buy from StockX. Nike has got to figure this issue out for sneakerheadz everywhere, including in Augusta. 

The struggle is real. 

• Like 2

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

I love how everyone sees this as a negative when it really isn't.  When they developed the TW shoes for him he blessed off on them as he would be the one wearing them as they fit his needs and I personally think they are one of the most stable golf shoes I've ever worn.  They are very simple aesthetically but I rather like the sole on them and don't find them to be more like tennis shoes at all.  Nike had suited his needs...but did they know that he was going to get in a car accident and damn near lose his foot?  It's not like TW was available to test out a better shoe that would fit his needs better as he is just now starting to test whether or not he can play in the Masters.  An athlete under contract wearing another manufacturer brings light to the issue and the engineers will be hard at work making something that will fit what he needs at some point to get him back into their gear. This is no different than DeChambeau voicing his displeasure at Cobra's drivers.  Engineers will see that as a challenge and not a bad thing.    

I have both the TW's and the same model FJ shoes that he is wearing and honestly I'm not sure what he is actually gaining from wearing them because I don't notice and advantage or disadvantage to either and like them both but I'm sure he has his reasons.  At first I was thinking that all of his had metal spikes in them and the FJs don't but he would have surely been able to get non metal spiked ones at moment's notice.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rackemroller said:

This is a big deal. 

One of Nike motto's is "made to the exact specifications of championship athletes. They should change it to made by the the lazy and unimaginative members of our once creative golf division. 

What would happened in Serena should up at Center Court Wimbledon wearing Under Armor, Ronaldo at the Champions League Final wearing Puma, LeBron at the NBA Finals wearing Adidas. All while under contract to wear Nike footwear. 

Tiger is the greatest champion they have in their stable and they can't get him a shoe he likes???? Nike is a footwear company at its core, come on..... He played in the PNC over the holidays. It would seem to me that 4 months is plenty of time to get arguably the greatest golfer to have ever lived a pair of shoes. by the global leader in footwear. 

Nike doesn't care about Golf. If they did this wouldn't be the first shoe that shoes up on their website and Tiger wouldn't be wearing FJ's.air-max-97-g-nrg-golf-shoes-NmHRpr.png.jpeg.d6fa163ac9ab4fec36e88845720d5c23.jpeg

Truth👍

Simple really….Nike don’t have a shoe currently that is anything like the FJ’s he is wearing….I’m sure TW’s 100% focus over the last few months has been on getting ready to tee it up at the Masters and 0% on working with Nike to get a shoe that may or may not work for him!!

TBH there’s probably no-one at Nike who knows how to make a shoe like the FJ’s anyway!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nickosbad said:

Simple really….Nike don’t have a shoe currently that is anything like the FJ’s he is wearing….I’m sure TW’s 100% focus over the last few months has been on getting ready to tee it up at the Masters and 0% on working with Nike to get a shoe that may or may not work for him!!

TBH there’s probably no-one at Nike who knows how to make a shoe like the FJ’s anyway!

Exactly.  I think they need a premium shoe like that with a classic look.  The Lunar Claytons weren't bad

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, csiachos said:

They will build him whatever he wants.  

You're missing the point. Yes, they will build him anything he wants after he embarrassed the crap out of them on national TV. It shouldn't have been necessary. Tiger knew exactly what he was doing. He tweeted he was going to Augusta to continue his prep. Went to the tournament range during the Drive, Chip & Putt. He knew all eyes would be on him. 

To think he hasn't been in discussions with them over his footwear is laughable. Those FJ's were not new out of the box. 

• Like 1

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

I own a pair of Packards and have never owned a pair of TW's.  Having said that I cant attest to comfort and weight of the TW's, however, I will say that the Packards are the most comfortable and lightweight golf shoe I have ever worn.   While I am very surprised Nike was not prepared with a shoe for him to wear this week (if he plays), I am not surprised at his choice of shoe given his recent leg injury. 

TM Qi10 LS 10.5* Ventus Blue 6x- Velocore
TM Stealth+ 3W- Fuji Speeder Tour X
3-5 TM P7MC  KBS Tour 130 XS

6-9 TM 23' P7MB KBS Tour 130 XS
50* & 58* MG3- Black 
Black Lab BL-1 365G 

15 hours ago, Feelingofgreatness said:

Nike has been making absolutely garbage shoes and golf clothes for many years now. 

This👆🏼 I’ve said the same thing now for the last few years . I’ve wore Nike clothes and shoes for as long as I know. The stuff they have now is pure junk. Shoes have air pockets that bust and they refuse to exchange or refund and the entire golf apparel is awful looking. I hope it’s TW sending a message. I’m not buying anything Nike for awhile. 

Edited by bd59
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

This is what happens when skateboarders are in control.

I agree, the styles and designs are all over the place. Bring it back to the lunar control days and the zonal cooling lines. Like who the heck is going to wear leopard print shoes to the golf course. Seems there focus is directed elsewhere maybe this will be a wakeup call. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rackemroller said:

You're missing the point. Yes, they will build him anything he wants after he embarrassed the crap out of them on national TV. It shouldn't have been necessary.

This happens fairly regularly even with pro's constant input.  Kyrie was not initially happy with his shoes this year and Lebron wouldn't wear a pair of his new shoes a couple years ago.  The difference is they have a lot larger backlog to play-in.  No one's needs has changed more than Tigers from a foot perspective.  He went from the TW 13's to the double strap, to last year's more traditional model, all because of completely different needs due to injuries.

1 minute ago, Black'N'Gold said:

This happens fairly regularly even with pro's constant input.  Kyrie was not initially happy with his shoes this year and Lebron wouldn't wear a pair of his new shoes a couple years ago.  The difference is they have a lot larger backlog to play-in.  No one's needs has changed more than Tigers from a foot perspective.  He went from the TW 13's to the double strap, to last year's more traditional model, all because of completely different needs due to injuries.

And neither showed up to a major event wearing a competitors shoes. They both have seen new releases of their footwear consistently for multiple years. Tiger's been in the same shoe for almost 5 years. 

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

The main thing is, FJ didn’t have to create something for him, they just make a lot of good shoes, just like a few others.

Nike fell on their face here, and have been for a few years, got caught with the pants down.

• Like 4

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

This is a dream scenario for a WRXer. Something to talk about on a Monday morning. Nike has egg all over their face, and if he shows up Thursday in a pair of FJs, this website might explode! 

OG Sim 8* - Diamana ZF 60X 

Callaway Epic Flash 13.5* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70X

Callaway Rogue 18* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70X 

2023 P770 5-PW - MMT 125S - 2023 P790 4i Tour AD

48* SM7 12 F, 56* SM9 08 M, 60* SM9 08 M

PLD Anser D