What changes will you be making to your bag in 2022?

Z1ggy16

I told myself this year I wouldn't tinker - who am I kidding?

I don't know if there is a thread like this already but this could be a cool spot for everyone to talk about what changes they think they want to make this year and why. Maybe some others can read things and apply it to their own bag if they are in a similar position.

Rogue ST Max LS | LAGP AXS Blue 6x

Rogue ST LS | Tensei AV Raw White 70s

Ping G410 3h 19* | Ventus Blue 9x (U505 Smoke Black 90 incoming)

T200/T100 Combo | PX LZ 6.5

Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 58* | S400 Ti

DF 2.1 | L.A.B. Shaft w/ EVNROLL Midlock Grip

Posted (edited)

I'll start:

Driver - G410+ --> ST Max LS or TSi3

Very forgiving but I feel like I'm losing distance with some higher than needed spin. Not that much more accurate than any other driver I've used. Sound is cringe.

4w - TSi3 16.5* --> Tsi3 15* or ST LS or Stealth+

4w flying a little higher than I'd like to see but I love how it sounds/feels. Wouldn't mind a few more yards.

3h - G410 --> U505 or New Level Utility

Really don't like how it looks or feels but it is forgiving. Isn't reliable for me and I need a trusted 230 club for the tee.

Other - --> possibly a 7w if I remove my 54* and go 52,58 in the wedges. 

Edited by Z1ggy16

Rogue ST Max LS | LAGP AXS Blue 6x

Rogue ST LS | Tensei AV Raw White 70s

Ping G410 3h 19* | Ventus Blue 9x (U505 Smoke Black 90 incoming)

T200/T100 Combo | PX LZ 6.5

Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 58* | S400 Ti

DF 2.1 | L.A.B. Shaft w/ EVNROLL Midlock Grip

I’ll play….

Driver head isn’t going anywhere, but when it starts to warm up, I use the Diamana D+ LTD 70s, and it’s a shaft I hit well. Over the winter, I was using a AV Raw Tensei Orange 65s, and I prefer the higher launch I get from it in the same setting of 1 click lower in my Stealth Plus.

I’m tempted to try a heavier AV Raw Orange 75s because of the slightly lower torque than the 65s and see how that goes. I’m going to try the LTD D+ set to standard and give that a real shot first and then make a decision from there.  

As of now, that’s the only real serious change I’m looking at. I’m getting a new C722 19° hybrid from a rep with either a Ventus Blue 8s or Tensei White 90ish gram in stiff. I tried it with the Ventus Blue and really liked it, but don’t know if it’ll knock out my 19° XTD Super Hybrid. That’s a club that always seems to make it back in the bag. 

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth Plus set 1 click lower- Diamana Limited D+ White 70s (Tour sleeve) or AV Raw Orange 65s (non tour sleeve)

Fairways & Hybrids: Callaway 17* UW (AV Raw Orange 75s...for now); 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid (VTS 103s),  23* Adams Super 9031 (DG s300)
Irons: 5-PW Srixon ZX7:  All shafted with DGTI s400
Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore Wedges (All Raw with DGTI s400 shafts) 48* bent to 49*, 52* Mid bent to 53*, 56* Mid bent to 58* 

Putter: White Hot OG 7s or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

I really want some new clubs but I really do not need them. 

I am still playing my Titleist 710MB 4-PW and if anything since I still love these irons will go to a T100 in a 4 and 5. Still have to test this idea out. 

Maybe time for some new wedges as I still playing my SM6. Some new grooves would be nice. 

Messing with the idea of a 5 wood as well to replace my 3 hydrid, maybe a 7 wood. 

In 2022, informed by getting out there a lot more, I’ve made these changes:

Friendlier clubs like 5W and 4H. 

Better gapping where previously had too many clubs around the 19*/20* spot. 

Lightened up the weight of shafts in 3W and hybrid. 

Consistently using a premium ball. 

Running out of stuff to tinker with so I’m actually looking at the grips on some of my clubs. 

Driver: TM SIM Max 10.5° Ventus Red

3 Wood: TM V Steel 15° Helium Black

5 Wood: TM M6 18° Atmos Orange

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 21° TENSEI AV RAW Blue

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP1 24° Recoil 780

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 AMT Red

Wedges: Vokey SM8 48°, 54° Dynamic Gold

Lob Wedge: Vokey SM7 60° N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

So far I've swapped out my irons. Went from a Srixon blade/cb combo set to a Bridgestone full cb set. Iron play hasn't been that great lately and a couple rounds in I can already notice a difference with forgiveness. 

I also have some T22 wedges on order to replace my RTX 4s. Still got some life but I could use a new set. Hoping I enjoy those as much as the Clevelands.

Srixon ZX5 10.5° - Diamana TB 6TX

Ping G410 17.5° - Atmos TS Red 7S

Bridgestone J33 CB 3-PW - PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland RTX 4 50° Mid, 54° Mid, 60° Low - S400 TI

Vokey SM8 60° T Grind - KBS Wedge (course dependent)

Gamer Putters Son of a GOAT - 326g, 34", KBS CT Tour

Bridgestone Tour B X

Posted (edited)

No changes so far, but most likely to change is figuring out the gap between 5 wood (SIM Tour Issue V2) and 5 iron (Srixon ZX7)

I currently have a ZX Utility 3 Iron in that slot. While it's probably my favorite driving iron to date, so far it doesn't gap between the two clubs as well as I'd like. I've played it a handful of rounds so far, so that might change, but I'm thinking it might be short lived.

Otherwise, my bag is set. I feel good about everything else, and don't think I'm missing out on much performance wise.

Edited by wsupjs

I started the season with a 4 wood and 2 hybrids.  I’ve dropped the 4 wood and gone to a Sim2 15 degree and am waiting for a 5 wood to arrive now.  I will be dropping a hybrid and going with just a 19 degree hybrid.  I’m trying to rationalize getting a LAB Mezz putter also, but not sure if I’m going to do that or not, or if it would make the bag if I did…

Hopefully my bag will be completely overhauled.  Right now I have a Ping I/3 driver at 9* and Titliest DCI 3-PW.  I swore I wouldn’t touch my putter, but the other day I was messing with a Scotty Phantom 5.5 and really liked it, and normally don’t like mallets.  

Once I move forward, I’m not sure what the exact make up will be, but have some thoughts. 

Maybe new driver and 3 wood. Maybe a new putter. Rest of the bag ain't changing.

Dr. Sim2 8° w/ RDX blue 60 6.5

3 Wood. Sim2 15° w/ RDX blue 70 6.5

Hybrid. Titleist 818H2 w/ Tensei 90x

Utility. PXG X iron 18° w/ Tensei 90x

4 to GW. Mizuno Pro 223 w/ dg120 x100

SW and Lw. 54° and 58° Milled grind raw w/ dg s200

Putter. Taylormade Ardmore 2, 33 inches

Ball. Taylormade TP5x

Probably new irons. Turning 40 later this year and I've already told everyone just to give me gift cards ha. The idea of getting properly fit and buying brand new irons for myself sounds good. And I'll maybe update the driver but been pretty happy with the F8.

Cobra F8 10.5*

Cobra F9 5W 18.5*

Mizuno JPX921 Fli-Hi 4H 20*

Mizuno JPX919 HM 5-PW

Cleveland CBX2 Black Satin 50/54/58

TP Collection Patina Soto

Vice Tour

Posted (edited)

I've made a few changes...

KBS Tour 120S iron shafts -> KBS Tour 130X

52.10 MD5 wedge -> 50.08F SM9

58.10 PM Grind -> 56.08M SM9

64.10 PM Grind -> 62.08M SM9

Edited by steventoo

Titleist TSi3 9*  | HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60/6.5

Titleist U510 16* | Ventus Blue VeloCore 9X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 52.08F | KBS Tour 120S

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom | Accra x LAB

New irons, New putter, shorter driver and 3wd, gotta get in and gap my wedges to to set gw for my irons as well. Gonna be a long summer lol.

Cobra RadSpeed PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue Rdx 60 6.0 9°

Cobra F9 Tour Fujikara Atmos Blue TS 7-S 17.5°

Titleist TS2 Fujikara Motore Speeder HB 8.8 TS S 21°

Titleist TS2 PX Evenflow White 90 6.0 25°

Maltby Sti2 5-gw Dynamic Gold S300

Cleaveland Rtx4 Dynamic Gold TI S400 50°, 56°

Odyssey Toulon Chicago 

Srixon Zstar

Titleist Players 5 Stand bag

Bagboy Nitron 

I plan to upgrade driver and 3w from the 10+ year old models I am currently playing. Looking towards a budget friendly TS or G410 at the moment. 

Also thinking about upgrading the 2017 CBX wedges with newer RTX Zipcores in the 54 and 58, which I hope to lean on from 100 and in. 

My 3i-GW are 20 years old and damn near perfect for me, so that’s the one part of the bag that is set. 

Putter is a putter. I plan to keep smacking mine like the hammer that it is. 

I had my bag pretty well set by last October (see below). I had hoped to have it set by July 4th, but a 16-week shipping delay messed that up.

This is the year of the swing, a swing being reshaped by lumbar spinal injections following an recent MRI.

What's In The Bag (Summary as of October 2021, post-MAX changeover)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5°, set 9.5°; weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

For details see:  Pending (need protocol to embed file list).

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Working with a couple different bags over here…

Bag A - these are the gamers, when I go out to play competitively this is the bag I’m playing. Unless something is super impressive with the tinkering I’m doing then no changes here! Will rotate a 3 iron in and out of the bag with a 3 hybrid depending on course conditions and weather, and then have a few different wedge rotations do this bag as well. Just switched to miura wedges and I’m gonna try a 6 degree gap between my gap and sand wedge, going up from a 4 degree gap. 

Bag B - going graphite through the whole bag. We’re gonna try the MMT in irons and wedges. Rocking the p7mc’s and miura wedges and a Nike lob wedge. Just picked up the Nike lob wedge, grinded the bounce down to 3*. No changes to my woods. Not changing anything in the putter.  

Bag C - this bag I’m going to play steel shafts in everything except my driver. (I’m hitting 80%< fairways with the big stick right now so don’t wanna make changes there.) 3 wood and hybrid are gonna get a steel shaft. Never tried that before it’ll be a fun experiment. Gonna play miura Mc-501’s in this bag with DG x100’s in them. If I love how the steel feels it might go into the gamer bag! 

New driver coming. Max of 45 inch. Needs to be more forgiving but still have the ability to shape shots. 

Sand wedge. 54/09 TM is getting worn. Will relegate to Winter use. SM9 54/10, Mid Bounce Cleveland, or, if I can find a demo, new Glide 4. 

2 hybrid. 17 degree G400 on the naughty step. May swap for 410 at 19 turned to 18 degree flat lie.

Summer shoes. FJ Contours not as comfy as old versions. 

Posted (edited)

Swapped out my irons and woods, dropped my 4 iron for a GW, 

Edited by Tiptx1122

Cobra LTDx Max Black Limited Edition Driver 12* w/UST LINQ White 60

Callaway Epic Max Star 15* 3W w/UST Helium Nanocore 50
PXG 0311 Gen 5 XF 19* 3 Hybrid w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80

PXG 0311 Gen 4 XP 5-GW with MMT 70 

Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52*/58* Dynamic Gold Spinner

Lajosi LP-421 35" with Black shaft and Winn grip

I’ve already had 3 sets of irons, new 2 iron, new wedges and have been a wanting to tinker with a Toulon putter

current bag

Tm sim driver

nike vr pro 3w

mizuno hmb 2 iron tour addi shaft

4-pw srixon z945 raw pjx 6.5

tm mg3 54-60

scotty Cameron studio design 1.5

Driver-TM Sim 9 GD- Tour ADDI 6x

Fairway- Nike VR Pro 15- Fubuki Alpha 70x

Irons- Mizuno MP20 6-PW MMC-4,5- PJX LZ 6.5

Wedges- RTX4  50,56,60- DG s400 

Putter- Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 w/Hula Girl 2006 cover

I'm hitting my driver very well now so don't need to comfort of a 3w off the tee, I can just hit a cut driver. My new iron set came with a super strong 4i that I can rip out to 215-220 off the tee.  So I'd like to combine my 3w/5w into one club I can get up and fly 225 with a stiffer shaft than what is in my 3 or 5w now. Considering a Stealth 16.5 or just go with the 18. 

Changed the driver from a Ping G410 Plus to a Cobra LTDxLS.

Was going to change wedges but the supply chain is so backed up I don't want to pay and wait until August for them to arrive, so during the summer I'm going to do an outdoor wedge fitting with Titleist and see if my indoor fit matches my outdoor fit. Usually I'm pretty agnostic but as a lefty Vokey have the most grind and bounce options so makes sense.

That's really it, putter I'll have my usual rotation but generally stick with whats hot and yeah just play more golf this year, only been out 2x and missed a few rounds due to illness.

Lefty

Driver: 8° Cobra LTDxLS | Mitsubishi C6 Onyx 60X

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST | Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i-PW Srixon 785 | AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 52° MD3 | 56° Glide 2.0 Stealth | 60° Glide 

Putter(s): TP Mills Trad II | Cody James Patriot | Lajosi Sensor | KB-9306 | and more. 

WITB Thread

I think only my putter is safe. Trying a 12 club setup right now as a bit of an experiment coming off and injury and I’m now shooting about what I was before I was hurt. Maybe this is the year I get properly fit and slow the equipment carousel but where’s the fun in that?

Callaway Mavrik 10.5 Project X Even Flow Riptide 60 6.0/Cobra LTDX 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Epic Speed 5W Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 70 6.0

Titleist 818H1 23* - Fuji Atmos Black TS 9s

Callaway Mavrik Pro 6- PW TT Elevate  105s

Callaway JAWS MD5 48.10S , 54.10S, 60.12X - TT Dynamic Gold 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 2-Ball 

Callaway Chrome Soft

3 hours ago, ezra76 said:

I'm hitting my driver very well now so don't need to comfort of a 3w off the tee, I can just hit a cut driver. My new iron set came with a super strong 4i that I can rip out to 215-220 off the tee.  So I'd like to combine my 3w/5w into one club I can get up and fly 225 with a stiffer shaft than what is in my 3 or 5w now. Considering a Stealth 16.5 or just go with the 18. 

Sounds like you need a 4 wood!

Cobra F8 10.5*

Cobra F9 5W 18.5*

Mizuno JPX921 Fli-Hi 4H 20*

Mizuno JPX919 HM 5-PW

Cleveland CBX2 Black Satin 50/54/58

TP Collection Patina Soto

Vice Tour

No new clubs ... but a lot of new shaft action going on.

- Same TSi3 driver but swapped the Diamana D+ out for a Diamana ZF this past week. First results at the range today? DANG. Launch and trajectory with that guy is insane. 

- Same TSi3 3W but waiting on a Ventus 7 Red to go in place of the Diamana D+. Wanting a better launch from this guy off the deck

- Same TS2 5W but, again, swapped a Ventus 7 Blue in this past week. First results at the range today? Easier to launch. My favorite club got more favorite.

- Same TSi2 21° Hybrid but put a MMT 90 Hybrid shaft in there. Gamed it a few rounds and quite liking it so far.

- Same P7TWs but, as has been documented, I moved from the S400s initially to MMT 105s but just put SF i95s in a few weeks ago to try. Loving the stability and weight. Might stick with them. Either way, officially done with steel iron shafts

- Same Bettinardi 52 and 58; also put MMT 105 Wedge shafts in but they were way too head-heavy. Put SF i125 8i shafts in but trimmed to length. Just did some short game work with them today and super spinny and stable. So far so good.

I've got some OG Nike Forged blades being refinished by Flannigan Bilt that I'll likely build out and try. They may wind up as pretty things like my Muirfields or they may go in the bag - WE SHALL SEE. But I really do love the T-Dubs so it's not like I'm actively tryna change 'em out. 

And, uh, yeah ... might be a Shaftapalooza in BST before too long. 

Titleist TSi3 10°

Titleist TSi3 15°

Titleist TS2 18°

Titleist TSi2 21°@20.25°

TM P7TW 4-PW

Bettinardi HLX 52°, 58°

Scotty Cameron Newport 

Not changing. Wife might kill me if a box shows up at the house with all the stuff coming in over the years

Cobra LTDx 9*
Rogue ST LS 3HL

Callaway UW

Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo

RTX ZipCore wedges

PING Anser Milled 

• Like 1

COBRA LTDx BLACK LIMITED EDITION 9°  | TOUR AD UB 6X

PING G425 5W @ 16.5° | DIAMANA TB 60TX

COBRA LTDx 7W @ 21° | DIAMANA TB 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MODUS3 120

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MODUS3 120