2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2024 mizuno MP iron range

Stu1987

I tried searching for this but came up empty, does anyone know if the 2024 Fli Hi will be offered in LH?

Ping G400 Max 9 degree - Kuro Kage Dual Core TiNi 60X
Ping G400 3 wood - UST Mamiya VTS Silver SX
TaylorMade UDI 3 iron - GD AD DI 95X
Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52, 56, 60 - DG
Evnroll ER2

4 hours ago, KiawahOceanCourse said:

Keep going back and forth about ordering the 243 from their Japan site….

Do it! They are fabulous!

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

With the sizing down of the blades even more and cavity backs, I don't get who they're trying market these clubs for. An mp5 footprint on the mb's would be a huge seller. A cavity back more inline with the zx7 or ping i210 would be a winner. It seems like they're trying to attract tour pros to the 243 and also more combo sets. Now the 245 I understand and that's been interesting with what they're doing slimming that down and adjusting the tungsten to up spin but I'd much rather pick up an older set of Mizuno mb's that are more forgiving vs the 221 and now even smaller 241. But I digress. 

• Like 1

I think that Mizuno's big selling irons have transitioned over to the JPX world, tour pros have been using the JPX tour models for years instead of MP.  I could be wrong, but it's like they are just continuing with the MP line because they just always have.  Now, of course there will always be pros using whatever MB that they come out with.  But, it is a good point and good question on what they are actually doing.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro 1050GH S
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

37 minutes ago, Lord Viking said:

in my mind i was set on 243's,

I'm currently playing 225's

but now my eye has wandered over to a slimmed down 245

I'm having a heavyweight bout between the 241's and the 245's. I've always been a Mizuno Blade player, but I'm not getting any younger. I want to pull the trigger on the 245's but I keep getting drawn back to the blades. It 'should' be easy to get into the 245 as they're almost exactly 1 club stonger than my MP-5's, so I'm thinking of going 5-GW and ditching my 47º PW (the 245 GW in 48º) but I'm worried about all the usual things like jumpers and sky-high ball flight. 

I'm getting new irons, I just can't decide between the two.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

1 hour ago, pjc said:

I think that Mizuno's big selling irons have transitioned over to the JPX world, tour pros have been using the JPX tour models for years instead of MP.  I could be wrong, but it's like they are just continuing with the MP line because they just always have.  Now, of course there will always be pros using whatever MB that they come out with.  But, it is a good point and good question on what they are actually doing.

I think alot of people still prefer and want the mp line. I myself for whatever reason cannot hit anything in the jpx line well at all and it dont feel quite the same imo. The jpx line is supposed to be more forgiving throughout but to me its just as equal if not the tour side harder to hit the the mp mb side. I dont know thats just me. I like that they offer two lines rotated though. The tour does seem to prefer the jpx line more lately though but not many pga players using mizuno to begin with i think.

I am thinking hard about 243 either 5-GW straight specs or 5-PW 1* weak. 

Personally, I think 'made in Japan' makes a difference in quality so I gravitate towards Mizuno and Srixon, but I'm also looking at T100 and Blueprint S. Absolutely zero wrong with my current set of irons, lol. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

2 hours ago, iNeedMoreGolf said:

I think alot of people still prefer and want the mp line. I myself for whatever reason cannot hit anything in the jpx line well at all and it dont feel quite the same imo. The jpx line is supposed to be more forgiving throughout but to me its just as equal if not the tour side harder to hit the the mp mb side. I dont know thats just me. I like that they offer two lines rotated though. The tour does seem to prefer the jpx line more lately though but not many pga players using mizuno to begin with i think.

I understand this, I was just speaking from a Mizuno point of view.  They are really doing better with the JPX stuff in fittings and so forth.  The LPGA pros that use them are mostly using the JPX Tour as well.  Some MP's still.  Not that that matters, but at retail, the JPX stuff is doing very well.

Edited by pjc
  • Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro 1050GH S
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

7 hours ago, halfsumo said:

Personally, I think 'made in Japan' makes a difference in quality so I gravitate towards Mizuno and Srixon, but I'm also looking at T100 and Blueprint S. Absolutely zero wrong with my current set of irons, lol. 

This is me as well. Bend the PW and GW 1 degree weak

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 23 V 58 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

7 hours ago, halfsumo said:

We are looking at the same things.  I’m still playing MP-64s, but I have the itch for something new.  The T-100s have been a front runner, and the Blueprint S is intriguing based upon everything I’m reading, and the adoption they are getting in tour bags.  Just gotta wait till the MP line comes out to see how they perform.  

The 241s definitely have the cosmetic appeal to me.

8 hours ago, dminn23 said:

We are looking at the same things.  I’m still playing MP-64s, but I have the itch for something new.  The T-100s have been a front runner, and the Blueprint S is intriguing based upon everything I’m reading, and the adoption they are getting in tour bags.  Just gotta wait till the MP line comes out to see how they perform.  

The 241s definitely have the cosmetic appeal to me.

Don’t sleep on the JPX 923T…

Edited by SBH9458
Typo
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, The Mad Bomber said:

I'm having a heavyweight bout between the 241's and the 245's. I've always been a Mizuno Blade player, but I'm not getting any younger. I want to pull the trigger on the 245's but I keep getting drawn back to the blades. It 'should' be easy to get into the 245 as they're almost exactly 1 club stonger than my MP-5's, so I'm thinking of going 5-GW and ditching my 47º PW (the 245 GW in 48º) but I'm worried about all the usual things like jumpers and sky-high ball flight. 

I'm getting new irons, I just can't decide between the two.

Jumpers are not a thing with 225’s and I doubt they would happen in 245 either.  I go back and forth between playing my MP5’s and 225’s and have zero issues.

As much as I want some 245’s I just don’t see that they’d be demonstrably better than 225’s.  I’m just going to get a set of 243’s so I have a set of cavity backs to cycle in.

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

53 minutes ago, PowerCobra98 said:

Jumpers are not a thing with 225’s and I doubt they would happen in 245 either.  I go back and forth between playing my MP5’s and 225’s and have zero issues.

As much as I want some 245’s I just don’t see that they’d be demonstrably better than 225’s.  I’m just going to get a set of 243’s so I have a set of cavity backs to cycle in.

I'm the same - though a generation back. Been loving MP20 MMCs in my short irons almost since they came out. Tried the 221/223/225 release (especially thought the 223 might be great), but stuck with the MMCs. I'm usually a club ho, but the MMCs sort of stood out as something special (also played the MP32s, my first Mizzy irons, for almost four years). Not special in the objective sense - they are already yesterday's news in the market - but at the personal level, now and then I stumble across a club that just fits my game perfectly. 

Those 241s look gorgeous however. Certainly going to give the 241/243/245 line a try. After they get here, I can swing them, and start seeing reviews (not so eager that I'd pre-order from Japan ... ;)). 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

On 12/20/2023 at 8:12 PM, underwater said:

I'm planning on Mizuno having their 3rd ransomware attack in as many years, and all irons being delayed 2-3 months (again).

You sound curiously certain. Now we know who's been doing it. 🤣

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

I ended up importing a great used set of MP-5s about a month ago and put x100 shafts in it and couldn't be happier especially with the mid-irons to short irons.

Debating what to do with the top of the bag, as I don't think I am going to want to bag the 3 iron/4 iron. Anyone with the MP 221/241, have any good advice on how they blend the top of the bag?

I see that most pros basically don't play as many wedges as I do and usually drop the gap wedge and go PW/SW/LW. I have a 5 wood and 3 wood that I generally like. The challenge is what to play in rough vs the 3 iron/4 iron that are tougher to hit.

I am looking for the club that if i am in trouble in the rough being able to advance easily and take a shot at the green or around the green. Its basically like what to do with 180-205 range.

On 11/12/2023 at 5:26 PM, Lemonde said:

Lol. Thxs.  Btw any new thoughts on potentially having the T24’s in the bag? 

My fav wedge game it right now.. 

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

3 hours ago, PowerCobra98 said:

I don’t know about that regarding jumpers. For sure they happen out of the rough, maybe not fairway pinchers but they do happen with the 225’s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PowerCobra98 said:

25 minutes ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

I don’t know about that regarding jumpers. For sure they happen out of the rough, maybe not fairway pinchers but they do happen with the 225’s.

@PowerCobra98 Yeah, I am with @Brooks_Cupcake here. 225's DEFINITELY jump. They are essentially designed to. Lower spin, high launch monsters. 

@ABOsborn20 has a set of 225s and hes found more jumpers the last 2 years than he cares to admit...

• Like 1

I like golf. A lot.

1 hour ago, TomBomb51 said:

@PowerCobra98 Yeah, I am with @Brooks_Cupcake here. 225's DEFINITELY jump. They are essentially designed to. Lower spin, high launch monsters. 

@ABOsborn20 has a set of 225s and hes found more jumpers the last 2 years than he cares to admit...

We’re all different.  I can only speak from my experience playing the 225’s for over a full season+ that I never had a WTF moment of “how did that ball jump like that”?  

At any rate 225’s are phenomenal irons and I’d wager 245’s will be every bit as good.  (Still buying 243’s this time around though…)

Titleist TSR3 Driver - Fujikura Ventus Black 6
Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 2H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Callaway Apex Pro 3H - Steelfiber FC 75 HY
Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW - Dynamic Gold 105
Mizuno T22 48*, 54*, 60* - Dynamic Gold 105
Byron Morgan 615 - Fujikura MC Firm
Callaway Chrome Tour

11 hours ago, PowerCobra98 said:

This is encouraging to hear. I am leaning towards the 245's so I'm looking for any reasons I shouldn't but them. How high do your 225/s fly compared to your MP-5's?

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x