What's The Shortest Amount of Time You've Played a Club?

13»

Comments

• robinsrobins Hands of stone SeattleClubWRX  24WRX Points: 12Handicap: 10.5Posts: 24 Bunkers
    Ping I500's - 1 round.
    Posted:
    WITB

Taylor Made M5 Tour, 9* Fuji Ventus 55R
    TM M5 5 wood
    TM M5 Rocket 3
    Ping G410 hybrid, 19*
    TM P790 Black 5-PW, KBS Tour FLT r
    TM 50 Milled grind Gap wedge
    Vokey SM6 56-8 & 60-12 wedges
    Bettinardi Queen Bee Mallet
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Millhill88Millhill88 Members  549WRX Points: 116Posts: 549 Golden Tee
    Years ago I played with a friend who just got the latest Ping irons. The G2's. I hit a few shots with them on the range, off mats, and had to have them. They were big and clunky but I hit them well.....off the mat! When they came in, we went to that same course to play. I hated them. I traded them in at the turn and bought a set of Adams Idea irons off the rack. 9 holes and gone at the turn!!!
    Posted:
    Driver: Srixon 785
    FW: Titleist TS2
    Hybrid: Srixon H65
    Irons: Titleist AP2 718  4-PW
    Wedges: Titleist SM7 @ 54 & 58
    Putter: Cleveland Frontline Elevado
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers  4897WRX Points: 622Posts: 4,897 Titanium Tees
    2 shots with a Taylormade rbz hybrid. Put it back in the spare bag and eventually gave it away to a junior looking to start the game (along with some irons and a putter).
    Posted:
  • Maverick17Maverick17 Members  55WRX Points: 30Handicap: 10Posts: 55 Bunkers
    Easy one. 2005ish. Wilson Staff Di5 or Pi5? Or was it Di6/Pi6? Maroon shaft and black head. Lasted less than 9 holes. Brought it back to GG to trade it back in and the trade value was horrendous. I was a huge club ho back then, so didn’t think twice. No bueno!

As you age, you get wiser.
    Posted:
    Taylormade SLDR 460 Tour Issue 9.5* w/Speeder 661 
    Taylormade Rescue 11' TP 18* w/Aerotech Steelfiber i95
    Taylormade P770 3-PW w/KBS Tour FLT
    Cleveland Tour Action 588 TS 54*
    Cleveland Tour Action 588 TS 58* 
    Taylormade Rossa Daytona Sport 1 35"
  • dunndunn Members  6362WRX Points: 163Handicap: 5Posts: 6,362 Titanium Tees
    1 rd....actually Cpl shots but I stuck it out for whole rd
    Posted:
  • alexdubalexdub Face sends it, path bends it UtahMembers  1133WRX Points: 174Posts: 1,133 Platinum Tees
    There are probably 3 dozen clubs I've bought/sold without ever taking a swing.
    Posted:
    Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Ping i25 5w • Ping i25 4-U • Ping Tour W 54* & 60* • Ping WRX Milled Anser 0
    Shafts: Fuji ATMOS Black 6X • Fuji ATMOS Black 8TX • Nippon Modus 120X
    Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

Advertisement
  • scoop79scoop79 Members  186WRX Points: 62Posts: 186 Fairways
    Had my putter in for a regrip on Friday, so I borrowed an Odyssey Strokelab Tuttle from the pro shop whilst I went out for 9 holes. I was back in the shop after 3 holes handing the Tuttle back in! Not for me!
    Posted:
  • wchahnwchahn BostonClubWRX  141WRX Points: 43Handicap: 9Posts: 141 ClubWRX
    One range session. If we are including shafts, several swings.
    Posted:
  • hm59hm59 MDMembers  326WRX Points: 95Posts: 326 Greens
    Other than a few clubs I've sold before using, a set of Ping S59 irons. Lasted one range session. I've hit a few sets of blades before but those things were the most unforgiving irons I've hit outside of something from the 80s. Weird feeling too and it didn't help the grips that came on them were crap.
    Posted:
    Cobra F8+ 
    Cobra F8+ 3-4 FWY
    Cobra King F6 Baffler
    Cobra King Forged CB
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50-54-60
    Scotty Cameron IBDD
    Titleist ProV1
  • Hougz79Hougz79 Members  393WRX Points: 106Posts: 393 Greens
    6 rounds with a set of factory combo Apex CF/Apex Pro 16s. Great clubs honestly, and a solid set. But the finish they put on them is garbage and they looked 6 years old after 3 rounds. Dang shame, individually the both Apex models had durable finishes when pure set, but the factory combo set was garbage.

Also gamed a set of MP-18 MMCs for about 10 rounds near the end of 2017. I really had a hoing problem before settling on my 718 AP2s.
    Posted:
    Callaway MAVRIK Sub Zero 9*, GD AD-IZ 7X
    Callaway MAVRIK 3w, GD AD-IZ 8X 
    Callaway Apex 19 20*, GD AD-IZ 95S
    Ping i210 4-PW, DG 120 S300
    Callaway MD5 Jaws 50S, 54C, 58C, DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Special Select
  • NoRootsNoRoots ClubWRX  13WRX Points: 29Handicap: 8Posts: 13 ClubWRX
    one bucket of balls
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • fishcakesfishcakes Members  51WRX Points: 55Posts: 51 Bunkers
    Bought a set of DEMO Mp-64s at GG in Virginia Beach on the drive home from Myrtle Beach. Bride received the credit card alert text since CC was used out of state. She gave me an earful....so I stopped at GG in NJ on the same ride home and they wouldn’t let me return them since they had been “hit”....Stopped at USPS on same ride home and shipped them back to GG in Virginia Beach. So the Mp-64s were great company for a long car ride but I never got to hit them.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.