Need to go back to no fans at tournaments. The idiots are back with a vengeance.

1 hour ago, Big GG said:

You think this dies down?????? It's been going on for years. Years before everything got locked down. This self entitled never heard the word no walking trash behind the ropes has to ruin everything for everybody. This garbage started in the Tiger Woods era. It is not Woods fault. The Tour has done nothing to stop it. Get ready to see far worse over the next few years. 

Yes for golf it seemed to start around the TW era.  Overall it really spiked to epic levels in 2020. Just look at the fan issues of recent at NBA games...it reeks of emboldened entitlement. At some point I fear a player is assaulted on the course by some overzealous, entitled wahoo.

We even see entitlement by some posters here on WRX under the auspices of freedom when in reality it's just plain freedumb. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Creedo77 said:

This is your standard US Mexico atmosphere 

When they play in Mexico City fans have thrown cups of urine down at American players who are taking corner kicks 

Yes I understand that, but the game was in Denver not Mexico city, and the point was to say that golf fans are not like fans in other sports.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:06 AM, makaveli said:

That’s what she said! I had to. But as a lifelong Howard Stern fan the Ba Ba Booey resonates with me so I will always like it. ✌️

This is perfectly acceptable.  Yet, debating certain topics (which I'm afraid to even hint at mentioning for fear of a permanent ban) is not.  I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. *

* Please don't ban me Mr. All Powerful Moderator! 

There is a difference between class and klass.  Just my 2 cents.  

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I'm waiting for the next catch phrase.  Maybe we should start a thread as to what it will be.  My bet is on "Salmon Patty."

• Haha 1

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

On 5/2/2021 at 4:28 AM, bladehunter said:

Agree. Never understood the double standard.  You can get drunk in a bar and get pulled over in the parking  lot.  But for some reason sporting events , or restaurants are off limits.   You can walk out sauced and nobody bats an eye.  Watch the coverage. Every idiot there is holding two beers.  You could write 5k dui s I gaurantee it. 

That formula is pretty straight forward. Large sports entities have deep pockets. Swim in the same "pool" as local politicians. Request politely with a nice "hand shake" that the police ignore the mass exodus of drunk driver's leaving their games within a specified radius. Done and done. Local bar owner has no juice. Police sit right outside the bar about 20 minutes before last call like taxi's in the airport line waiting to grab people as soon as the put the key in the ignition! 😀

On 5/2/2021 at 6:02 AM, stingerfade said:

I mean specifically the “don’t hit it in the water” I’ve never heard that level of idiocy. And I grew up going to the waste management.. haha

Like a lot of things, it's been happening for far longer than just recently. As technology advances tracking/noticing increases awareness and sharpens focus. Mics are good these days and having one on every tee picks it all up better than ever. 30 years ago it just didn't come across on the broadcasts like it does now. Add tge social media thing to increase how often it happens and here we are

On 5/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, bscinstnct said:

Well, I’m a bit of a TW fan so your words aren’t lost on me ; )

But the bottom line is that after the 2013 season, for the five years following, golf viewership dropped 20% abd attendance dropped 11%.

Big numbers but even with TW fading, the TV contracts are just getting bigger and bigger. 

But, as far as majors and events like the WM, they just keep setting records for attendance and majors always get sold out.

TW has a big impact but as far as the discussion at hand...

A bunch of kids who were toddlers in TWs prime yelling bababooey now has nothing to do with Tiger. 

I don't even think increases in TV contracts have anything to do with sport being especially popular or in demand. If it's a live sporting event/league that meets a minimum level of consistent viewership, it's expensive. It's the live unscripted programming that's more desirable than ever and there's a finite amount of it available that meets that minimum level of interest. There's a ton of it that doesn't. I think Tiger had a lot to do with getting golf over that minimum level of interest hump in the TV people's eyes and it's not immune to dropping below that level. The bigger the tv contract the more temptation the tour has to make some really bad changes to keep it

13 minutes ago, OrangeGravy said:

Like a lot of things, it's been happening for far longer than just recently. As technology advances tracking/noticing increases awareness and sharpens focus. Mics are good these days and having one on every tee picks it all up better than ever. 30 years ago it just didn't come across on the broadcasts like it does now. Add tge social media thing to increase how often it happens and here we are

I used to cover the tour for major publications, and I can attest to the fact that it's way worse now than it used to be.
Sure, we hear a lot more of it now on TV much clearer, and there was always seemingly that random guy (that usually got ushered off by tournament officials), but the idiot-yellers have grown ten-fold in numbers compared to back in the day. It's not like they're even bothering to yell on great shots, they're yelling at every shot, and trying to be the first one to do so.
It's like the "mashed pototoes" guy. He was British, and going to attend some tournament, and as the story goes he told his mother what he was going to say while following the leaders so she'd know it was him. And it's as if it's now turned into a sport within the sport, that these nimrods are so desperate for their 3-seconds of fame for bragging rights at the water cooler on Monday morning, that more and more of them are yelling trying to out-do the others.
Add alcohol to the mix, and it just seems to embolden them even more.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, rp4golf said:

I used to cover the tour for major publications, and I can attest to the fact that it's way worse now than it used to be.
Sure, we hear a lot more of it now on TV much clearer, and there was always seemingly that random guy (that usually got ushered off by tournament officials), but the idiot-yellers have grown ten-fold in numbers compared to back in the day. It's not like they're even bothering to yell on great shots, they're yelling at every shot, and trying to be the first one to do so.
It's like the "mashed pototoes" guy. He was British, and going to attend some tournament, and as the story goes he told his mother what he was going to say while following the leaders so she'd know it was him. And it's as if it's now turned into a sport within the sport, that these nimrods are so desperate for their 3-seconds of fame for bragging rights at the water cooler on Monday morning, that more and more of them are yelling trying to out-do the others.

I don't doubt it 

1 hour ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

With the rise of Hipsters a few years ago, I was slightly disappointed that "Mashed Potatoes" didn't morph into "Heirloom Crushed Potatoes Drizzled with Hand-reared Garlic and Rosemary Artisanal Olive-oil!!"

The players could have finished putting out by the time the yeller was finished.

A "few" years ago? That trend was in full swing over a decade ago. 😆

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

4 hours ago, rp4golf said:

Well said my thoughts exactly--- And the last sentence says it all

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

1 hour ago, Ferguson said:

The newest one I heard sounded like a baseball umpire, "STRAIGHT BALL", although at first I thought they said, "STRAY BALL." 

Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

Many moons ago “you’re the man” (way before Tiger) was the stupid phrase of the week, made the guy standing quietly in his John 3:16 t-shirt seem normal. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

Many moons ago “you’re the man” (way before Tiger) was the stupid phrase of the week, made the guy standing quietly in his John 3:16 t-shirt seem normal. 

The yellers; these are people that I firmly believe were dropped as children. 

• Haha 3

I was yelling at Lexi Thompson on Sunday and I'm sure she heard me through the TV.   

Maybe all that red bull is messing with her circuitry? 

"Carbonated Water, Sucrose, Glucose, Citric Acid, Taurine, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine HCI, Vitamin B12, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Colors" 

7 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

With the rise of Hipsters a few years ago, I was slightly disappointed that "Mashed Potatoes" didn't morph into "Heirloom Crushed Potatoes Drizzled with Hand-reared Garlic and Rosemary Artisanal Olive-oil!!"

The players could have finished putting out by the time the yeller was finished.

Artisanal mayonnaise!!!! Oh lord

Real fans would be yelling POW!!- in honor of Jack "The Hammer" Hamm 

• Like 1

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

24 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Or, "you're too low, pull up, pull up" to honor legendary war pilot George Zipp.  

"Some time, when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to get out there and give it all they've got. And win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then Doc, he said. But I won't smell too good, that's for sure."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 driver AV Raw White 65g 

Titleist TSi3 3W AV Raw White 65g

Titleist TSi3 3H  AV Raw HY 75g

PXG Gen 5, 0311T 6-AW, 0311P 4-5

Taylormade MG4 54*

Taylormade MG4 58*

Argolf Putter

Vice Pro-Soft balls

For me it's a better experience to just watch on TV with the sound muted.  It's been 30 years since I attended a tournament.  They were tame galleries compered to current stuff, US Sr Open, Women's US Open, and Sr PGA.  By the time I deal with traffic and parking, crowds, etc. it's just not worth it to me.  And drunks think they are funnier than they are.

Was watching the playoff from this weekend last night, they had a shot of Cantlay and his caddie off to the side of the green, they were chatting. The camera picked up a shot of the gallery behind them, there was a few "kids" behind them, one of them could barely stand on his own...

Limit alcohol sales like they do at baseball and football games.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:06 AM, makaveli said:

That’s what she said! I had to. But as a lifelong Howard Stern fan the Ba Ba Booey resonates with me so I will always like it. ✌️

Spoken like a true horse-tooth jacka--!

Can we get someone yelling, "it's yer daaaad, Richard?"

Or maybe, "1-4-3!!!"

Edited by MelloYello

TSR3 (Dr) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2 (3w / 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-P) (Nippon Modus3)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

• easyyy featured and locked this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic