2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

LIV with some big money announcements (*** TOPIC MODERATED ***)

CCTxGolf

7 hours ago, dalehead said:

Finally someone who understands the YouTube generation. The segment of them that are into golf are not interested in watching tournaments. They like their golf programs in 20-30 minute bites. Attractions for them are club reviews, personalities, so called influencers, trick shots, instruction, etc. They don’t watch PGAT on TV because they find it boring. When you strip away all the hoopla, LIV offers them the same product as the PGAT. 5 hours of guys hitting golf shots. This is LIV’s biggest problem.

I have some experience with this, albeit anecdotal.  I have a teenage son who is a competitive junior golfer with a pretty large circle of golf fanatic friends.  They are all in on Youtube golf content from the likes of GM Golf/Good Good, Foreplay, etc.  They do, however, watch a lot of PGA on TV and it's a common topic on the range, in the car and in the text chats.

I believe you are correct about the LIV product.  The differences are not significant enough.  For this generation, I think the PGAT vs LIV debate comes down to the names and which tour has the players that resonate with them.  If LIV is really going after the YouTube generation, they are going after the wrong players.  Outside of DJ and Brooks, they don't much connect with the other LIV players.  They're more interested in James Piot than they are Sergio, GMac, Poulter, Reed and Na combined.  If LIV signs several budding young stars like Zalatoris and Cam Young and personalities like Homa, they will own that YouTube demographic.  Cam Smith, rumored to LIV eventually, would be significant signing in that regard.

Tiger Woods still carries a lot of weight with the current junior golf generation and Tiger's comments at the Open cooled some of the LIV enthusiasm at the junior end of the range, at my club at least. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NoFancyUsername. said:

Why don't you all ask your juniors at your golf club what golf do they actually watch.......It's all youtube podcasters. I was pointed in the direction of a couple of young golfers who have 686K subscribers...real good content, and it's not all about 72 holes of golf.....they're all using differing formats to keep it alive...and there are many that have over 100K views....it ain't the old brigade watching youtube..it's a majority of all the young ones. The LIV PR team are just following suit. Even The Open starting using youtube for "live at the range" this year. Who knows, the PGAT may even start promoting that they use youtube. World's changing and so will golf. 

This sounds like Good Good Golf but they have 787,000 subscribers and nearly 150 million views on their videos.  They have put out hundreds of videos but just this month they have released 10 that have all exceeded 400,000 views.  They play knockout games, 2v2, or they'll announce a match someplace and hundreds and hundreds of kids will show up just to watch them play.  And of course they sell merchandise on their main site that probably won't appeal to the OEM diehards.  I enjoy the content and have underwear older than most of their crew.

Edited by leezer99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

11 hours ago, NoFancyUsername. said:

Why don't you all ask your juniors at your golf club what golf do they actually watch.......It's all youtube podcasters. I was pointed in the direction of a couple of young golfers who have 686K subscribers...real good content, and it's not all about 72 holes of golf.....they're all using differing formats to keep it alive...and there are many that have over 100K views....it ain't the old brigade watching youtube..it's a majority of all the young ones. The LIV PR team are just following suit. Even The Open starting using youtube for "live at the range" this year. Who knows, the PGAT may even start promoting that they use youtube. World's changing and so will golf. 

My son was a Senior in HS when the dark times of Covid hit. He never went back to school after Spring Break in March. They went to online classes. Well here in their wisdom said they were freezing grades...and said if our grades wouldn't go down but could only go up, so those passing could improve their grade but not make it worse, he was a Honors grad so he pretty much stop going to the online classes as most of the Seniors.

One day I had him pick me up from work and saw a golfbag in the back and asked him what were the clubs doing back there and he said he got tired of sitting around the house and was going to the range hitting balls everyday. I told him well I can give you some YouTubers to watch if you want to get some tips or something and he said He was watching Rich Shiels, Peter Finch and a few other guys. So I was pretty much shocked by all that 

I had taken him a few times as a kid but he never cared for Golf until then so we been going to the range and playing ever since.

I'm in my 40's and I'm pretty much to the point I rather watch YT content than regular golf broadcast. I watched gm_golf yesterday play a match against John Daly Jr and his Ark teammate Denver Davis and it was way more enjoyable 

I'm surprised LIV hasn't tried getting Rick or Paige to be on course commentators... I know they flew MrShortGame out to the London event and he blogged about it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gxgolfer said:

It was rejected because you posted the same thing an hour ago. Maybe edit your original post instead of repeatedly posting the same thing. 

Also, anything with 911 families has exhaustively been covered and that topic will not be expanded on. 

Thank you...... using 911 victims in golf is pathetic...!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, CDM said:

Thank you...... using 911 victims in golf is pathetic...!

You and @Gxgolferare making a blatant mischaracterization!

The law firm representing 9-11 families suit against the Saudi's dropped Kokrak for going to LIV. That's the link I tried posting twice once around 130pm EST on 7/23 and again later that evening. Both were denied by mods. The link was finally approved after @Gxgolferscolded me. Yes I posted one without the link and that may have snuck through and @Gxgolferexpects me to edit that one to add the link? Seems like a trap since for some reason you denied the same link to Bloomberg law twice prior. 

@Gxgolfer if you show me the logs that refute what I'm saying I'll apologize. If the logs show otherwise then you can apologize. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Hocus_Pocus said:

LIV will have a highly experienced and well-respected team in the broadcast booth with Jerry Foltz, Arlo White and Dom Boulet and the addition of Gary McCord, with David Feherty's on-course commentary. Gary McCord and David Feherty are valued for their playing experience and tag-team humor while Charles Barkley can add a bit of humor and commentary from an amateur's perspective. Wonderful choices for an excellent team! 👍   

What's the deal with the font change? Where did you copy and paste the Charles Barkley line from?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

54 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Both were denied by mods.

... I wrote a post I thought was clever and for some reason I didn't understand, the Mods denied it. I thought it contained something we probably disagreed as being against the rules so I just moved on. Figured it is like an ump calling a 3rd strike on what I thought was low and away. We may disagree but they are in charge and without them it would be chaos, especially with this subject. 

Edited by chisag
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Snead said:

The comedy of McCord and Feherty is better suited for Wipeout, Dancing with the Stars, or Celebrity Family Feud. 

*In your opinion. 

I don’t see it that way. In my opinion, I think it will be more enjoyable/engaging compared to the 3M broadcast.

That’s the beauty of this, we get to choose what we all like and can voice our opinion by what we choose to tune in to. 

Edited by Tbone107
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Current Setup:

LH

Krank Formula Fire LD 4 degree Paderson Kinetixx Velocity LD30+

Ping G425 Max 12 degree at 11 KBS TD 80 Cat 5 43.75"

3-P Ping i210 LA golf L-Series 6 Flex

50 Ping glide forged 4.0 Lagp L-Series 6

56&60 Ping glide forged pro La golf L series 6 

Taylormade Spider GT Max Garsen quad tour tapered

21 minutes ago, MaineMariner said:

What's the deal with the font change? Where did you copy and paste the Charles Barkley line from?

Clearly they haven't taught the mechanical turks about "rich text!"

Pro-tip: Obtain a plain text editor - there're a lot of them! Just copy/paste your provided talking points out of the .doc into it and it won't translate as rich text when pasted here that needs to be edited later. 😂😂😂

Edited by aenemated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

51 minutes ago, MaineMariner said:

Hmmm ... it was corrected, but no word on what the problem stemmed from.

Driver: Titleist TS3, 8.5°

2 Wood: Adams InSight XTD, 10.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Cleveland UHX, 20°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Bettinardi inovai 6.0 slant neck, 34"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

1 hour ago, Tbone107 said:

*In your opinion. 

I don’t see it that way. In my opinion, I think it will be more enjoyable/engaging compared to the 3M broadcast.

That’s the beauty of this, we get to choose what we all like and can voice our opinion by what we choose to tune in to. 

Enjoy the circus - will it be more enjoyable than some of the PGA Tour's premier events ? 

• Like 1

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini