2023 Driver silly season. What's in consideration to bump your gamer?

My PXG 0311 Gen 5 9* with Tour AD XC has been such a friendly driver. It hasn't been the longest for me but has been the best overall driver I have ever used. It's still good on my bad days and utterly fantastic on my good days.

I may flirt with the G430 LST and I think PXG has new one coming soon too. It will take a good one to kick my current set up out of the bag.

Edited by Aces-6
  • Like 1

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
Vokey SM10 54F/60M Steelfiber i110
Scotty Cameron Timeless TT Circle T

Pro V1

1 hour ago, Fourpar18 said:

I have tried every driver on the market to include the TSRi2 and I cannot get away from my Custom Rogue MAX LS.  I played the TSRi2 and TSRi3 for the past three weeks and I didn’t care for it too much.  

The sound was “tingy” (not as loud as PING) to me.  I like the way the previous years models felt and sounded.  It’s just my opinion but I thought last years TSi2 was more forgiving as well.  I know they wanted to change the look to attract more people the way TSi3 did.  

My last thought, is I see a lot of them on the BST right now.  

Easyyy,

You the man, and I feel like your gamer is the BEST TM driver made and if its working keep it in the bag!

118C6199-77F6-4742-AED2-D80D79D5D087.jpeg

BAD44ACE-BB0E-4B9C-A4C8-74BBD344F924.jpeg

46C72080-9BB3-4270-8FF1-7CD8490FC645.jpeg

Such a solid driver through and through.  Def wanting to try the new Ping LST and new Callaway.  I will surprised if something can knock gamer Rogue Max LS out of the spot.  

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

I moved into the rogue st triple diamond and I absolutely love it!  Was playing the tsi3 last season and had a fantastic season driving the ball with it.  For no reason at all, picked up a triple diamond because I love matte crowns.  Ended up giving me a little more spin and so easy to fade with a little more control.  It’s in the bag for this upcoming season as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

I was trying to build an all Ping bag. Games the G425 Max from the time it came out (was struggling with driver) and before that the G LS for years. Nabbed an LTDx a couple of months ago and it has 15 on the Ping with loads of forgiveness and other such cool stuff. 

So i nabbed a G425LST in an effort to keep that all Ping goal going but the Cobra was noticeably more forgiving and similar spin so that was the end of the Ping theme. At the same time a TSI2 three wood comfortably rolled the G425 Max so I've given up on the all Ping bag.    

So I've needled the Cobra by getting a TSR2 and after one outing what a close race that is. Two fantastic big dogs and both have that older school head weight that i love. 

The only other driver i am interested in at this stage is the ST Rogue LS which, like the Cobra and TSR 2 gets almost all rave reviews. Will grab a bargain on one when it comes along and then it will be a three horse race. 

I will probably sit the G430 LST out as it would likely involve nabbing a lighter weight to get it to my sweetspot and both the drivers i have were comfortably better than the 425LST for me.  

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

TSR2 going straight in the bag. Played TSi3 two years ago, and Stealth+ last year. Stealth gave me one of my best seasons driving the ball ever, but don’t love the feel. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

5 hours ago, easyyy said:

Did the TSR3 go longer than the G430 LST with an apples to apples shot? Honestly... apples to apples if you were on trackman or other.

Haven't hit both on trackman. TSR3 I got fitted at a titleist fitting and had the highest trackman ballspeed I've ever had measured. The highest I had previously was TSi3 at 161 and TSR3 I hit 165 and 279 carry. G30 LST I just picked up while I was on vacation in Japan for fun and because I got a pretty good price on it. I hit it a bunch at different stores on launch monitors but it was a little tough to figure out what the numbers meant in Japanese for ballspeed, and I was never really sure if the carries were in yards or meters. Definitely not apples to apples, sorry.  Hitting them side by side at my home range, they look to be going similar distances, but the range ends at a line of trees at 265.

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I'm confident and content with my SIM MAX D. It would have to be a combination of great deal, funds are there, driver not performing/broke. I would probably be looking at tour edge or maybe Honma.

The other thing that may pop up would be just wanting to tinker and finding a deal I can't pass up.

D-Taylormade SIM MAX D Diamana PD 50r

3w- Honma TW-XP1 

17° Adams XTD Ti super hybrid

4h-5h- Tour Edge Exotics ex9

6-AW- Cleveland Launcher XL Nippon Zelos 7

56°- Cleveland CBX Zipcore

60°- Lazrus

P- Odyssey eleven tour lined stroke lab shaft

Pretty much all of 2022, the mizuno STg 220 has been the top dog for me. I got lucky enough to win a cobra LTDx LS and put that through its extensive testing and comparison with the Mizuno. Initially I thought the cobra was the winner but the Mizuno is just more consistent for me. The cobra may have been 5 to 10 yards longer on perfect shots but the Mizuno stayed in play more often and feel was so much better. I now have a tsr4 that I’m comparing with the STg 220. The tsr4 is a freaking cannon! So far it has been very accurate. I still like the sound and feel of the mizuno better though. Going into 2023 it will be between the TSr4, mizuno STg 220, or the new mizuno STz 230. That 230 looks really promising! 

Edited by jetmech879

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

8 hours ago, easyyy said:

what model?

Triple diamond

9 hours ago, wam78 said:

I moved into the rogue st triple diamond and I absolutely love it!  Was playing the tsi3 last season and had a fantastic season driving the ball with it.  For no reason at all, picked up a triple diamond because I love matte crowns.  Ended up giving me a little more spin and so easy to fade with a little more control.  It’s in the bag for this upcoming season as well.

I agree I switched to a Rogue St Triple Diamond as well…IMO the best driver they ever made it was long and I could control it, but just wait what’s coming is better…

Edited by tmax77
I have hit a friends TSR3 on the Range and on the golf course, it is really, really nice long and controllable for me as well will be interesting head to head but leaning Cally for now

Under construction....

Tsr2 hands down the best I’ve found. Found something in my swing at the golf sim last weekend and reaffirmed it today on the course. Can’t complain about playing Nov 26 in Ontario! 

I am so pumped for next season as I have the Driver and Four wood Dialed in. Just hitting these little Baby Draws all day. Long distance and Predictable ball flight all day. 

I’ve been gaming the Sim2 Max for 2 years which is a long time for me.  10.5 degree set to 9.75 takes away the left miss and is the most consistent driver I’ve ever hit.

The TSR2 and 3 were longer but not more accurate.  I’ll try to dial in a shaft for a TSR  but my gut tells me the Stealth 2 is the only driver that has a chance to win a spot in the bag.  

I like the looks of the Cobra Aerojet. Hopefully it has the performance of the Ltd with a better looking package. I still have the OG Sim Max in the bag cause the damn thing just goes so straight. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

33 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

I like the looks of the Cobra Aerojet. Hopefully it has the performance of the Ltd with a better looking package. I still have the OG Sim Max in the bag cause the damn thing just goes so straight. 

New Aerojet looks good but I can’t for the life of me make a Cobra turn over right to left. I owned the F8+ and the LTDx LS, loved the LS but it eventually lost out to the Red Faced rig🤣

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, boggyman said:

New Aerojet looks good but I can’t for the life of me make a Cobra turn over right to left. I owned the F8+ and the LTDx LS, loved the LS but it eventually lost out to the Red Faced rig🤣

If that’s the case about not being able to turn it over, I’m even more interested. That’s why I like my og Sim Max so much, it doesn’t want to go left.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

If that’s the case about not being able to turn it over, I’m even more interested. That’s why I like my og Sim Max so much, it doesn’t want to go left.

I messed with the settings, bought a heavier weight, AND turned it all way up on draw and still couldn’t draw it🤦‍♂️I eventually got the aforementioned red face at the discretion of our son. 

• Like 1

For my one brand challenge the 22-23 year the clear winner is Titleist and the TSR2 10° with Kiyoshi Gold. Tried Stealth, 0311X&XF, G425 and when we put together this TSR it was odd to see the distance that I'd been leaving out there trying to fit myself. However, I'd love to try an all Cally bag this year so perhaps a Paradigm shift is on the horizon;)

Edited by dhen9

1 hour ago, boggyman said:

I messed with the settings, bought a heavier weight, AND turned it all way up on draw and still couldn’t draw it🤦‍♂️I eventually got the aforementioned red face at the discretion of our son. 

Sounds perfect for me.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 9:27 AM, PureDivots said:

TSR line is the only option. It might be an unpopular opinon I do not like the sound and feel of carbon crowned drivers. Now that ping has made the LST a carbon crowned one the TSR is the last of the all metal. 

Ventus Blue will be the shaft. 

This. And come at me as hard as you want, but TSi3 and TSR3 are the same driver, outside a bit of a change in the pitch. But it's $800 CDN to upgrade for virtually zero performance increase. I've hit them side by side in 4 different fittings now and they've consistently been within 8 yards of each other with zero increase in accuracy.

Nope, no new driver for me this year, just Goose the Deuce getting a shaft upgrade will probably be all.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

On 11/25/2022 at 9:50 AM, awtryau89 said:

Was TSi2 for last 2 full years. Went straight to TSr2 for better looks but just didn’t quite sync up with it. Hit my buddies TSr3 and couldn’t believe it. Never much luck with TSi3 so figured the R wouldnt work. TSr3 is in the bag and not much that I would consider to replace it. Not a Callaway fan. Haven’t been able to hit a Taylormade since M2. Ping 430 could challenge but doubt it. The one outlier is the Cobra LTDx. I’ve hit it multiple times out of a friends bag and it seems longer just don’t know about control. 

Funny how that works.  I was in TSi3 then switched to TSR3.  I liked it but when I tried the TSR2 it was a better fit.  

TSR3 for me! Gonna try a different shaft this year though - going with the LA Golf DJ shaft 65TX. Coming from a Ventus black I think it will be a good change late in rounds where I start getting tired and will have a smooth but stable shaft. 

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade QI10 9 degree Ventus TR 6X
Fairway: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Tensei CK White 70TX

Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 18 degree X flex
Irons: New Level 623 CB w/Modus 105X
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zip Core 52, 58 KBS 610 S+ 
Putter: Makefield
Ball: 2024 Chrome Tour X

On 11/25/2022 at 7:44 AM, easyyy said:

I am still playing the original Sim. I went to a few drivers for testing but when I had to preform for a tournament I have been going back to the Sim. 3 generations ago. Cobra LTD LS has been a challenger and Stealth + was trying to make the cut but I couldn't keep it straight for some reason. TSR3 is a cannon but it needs tuning with the Ventus. The shaft/head seems to spin more than the one int he fitting.

Drivers that have my eye for 2023...

1. TSR3- Fix the shaft and try it again. But all testing shows it is a cannon both inertia and ball speed
  2. Ping G430 (LST or Max)-  Excited to try the better sounding heads. Early testing on Youtube looks like it is good.
  3. Stealth 2- Heard better inertia and more carbon and interesting tech for spin adjustability.
  4. SIM Gamer- Still works like a charm. Cant shake it but the WRX ho in me wants to switch.
  5. (EDIT) Cobra LTD LS- Ohh... Might have to test the cannon again. Might have hit the longest drives of my life.

Callaway sent a few lucky WRXers their Great Big Bertha driver in 2015. I was one of the lucky winners. I've tried it against 915, 917, SIM, g400 Max, tsi3, and tsi2. All of those drivers had brief time in the bag but the 2015 GBB is still the benchmark for me. I don't foresee anything beating it in 2023, but I hope I'm wrong!

Right now I'll probably try and get the next Callaway Offering. That or buy a discounted Rogue St Max LS. I've finally (for now) found my preferred shaft, the Tour AD IZ which is currently in the Epic Speed. 

Edited by JourneyToBreak80

Callaway Mavrik 9* Kai'li White 70X

Cobra King LTDx LS 17.5* 5 Wood Motore F1 X-Stiff

Callaway Paradym 18* Hybrid HZRDUS Gen 4 Silver

Callaway Apex 4H 23*

Callaway X Forged CB 5-9 KBS $-Taper Stiff 120g

Jaws Raw 46* S, Vokey 50* F, Vokey 56* D

Odyssey White Hot OG 2 Ball Stroke Lab

Titleist Prov1x

Not even looking this year.   TSR3 firmly in the bag.  Might tinker with a few shaft options if I’m being honest.

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Seven CH