GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Do you look like a golfer - off the course?

2bGood ·  
2bGood2bGood Members  5430WRX Points: 637Handicap: 3-8Posts: 5,430 Titanium Tees

I have to admit I own suits and dress clothes for work and golf clothes for golf with little non-golf casual clothes outside a few t-shirts and one pair of jeans.

As a result if I have to wear 'smart casual' I look like I am about to play 18.

Am I the only one?

Now I have to admit, I have recently grabbed a few non golf tops to wear on weekends to switch it up, but I noticed if it is sunny out and I want to wear a hat, I have 20 to choose from, but they are all golf related.

Posted:

Comments

• StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1855WRX Points: 296Handicap: ?Posts: 1,855 Platinum Tees

Flip flops, adidas shorts, tank top, mesh / button back / fitted baseball cap...I look like a local in California. And I play golf like that too.
    The worst thing is when your boss comes in saying he is taking off early when you know he is going to play 18 with the directors and ya in those sheeny collared golf shirts (which look terrible) or his mock turtle neck.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • j.b.newtonj.b.newton Members  675WRX Points: 146Posts: 675 Golden Tee

Outside of my suits/dress clothes, I do look like Im on the way to the course. Even on the more casual days at work, I could easily be at home on the course. It helps/hurts that a lot of brands like Peter Millar, RLX, etc work for the office/dinner/course.

Posted:
  • JJK947JJK947 Southeastern ConnecticutMembers  3242WRX Points: 270Posts: 3,242 Titanium Tees

Never wear any of my golf stuff off the course. Dark jeans and button down casual dress shirt 90% of the time, t-shirt the other 10%. Have dressier stuff and suits for occasions that require it but hate polo's outside of golf.

Posted:

Taylormade SIM (9) - Tensei Pro Orange 60
    Taylormade M3 T3 (14) - Tensei Pro Orange 70
    Taylormade M3 5W (19) - Tensei Pro Orange 80
    Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100
    Taylormade MG2 52.09 - DG Tour X100
    Taylormade MG2 60.08 - DG Tour S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

• BrianMcGBrianMcG Members  2377WRX Points: 670Posts: 2,377 Platinum Tees

If I’m carrying my golf bag with me I do.

Posted:
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  985WRX Points: 362Handicap: 12Posts: 985 ClubWRX

Most of my work/ casual attire looks like what I typically wear on the course... No dress code at work so I can even wear shorts

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2454WRX Points: 965Posts: 2,454 Platinum Tees

I wear polo shirts and slacks to work. I wear polo shirts and slacks or shorts off the course. I wear polo shirts and slacks or shorts to play golf.

About the only time I dress down is to mow the yard, go fishing or work on a vehicle.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4523WRX Points: 312Posts: 4,523 Titanium Tees

Probably. I wear adidas ultimate pants with a golf shirt most days and everyone I come in contact knows I play golf, so most likely.

Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X
  • M44km44kM44km44k MOMembers  205WRX Points: 85Posts: 205 Fairways

Man this couldn't be more true. I have 4 options. Suit and tie, golf shirts, athletic/workout gear, or resort casual. (Wife requires a steady stream of beach vacations to make up for all the golf) I really need to get an in between look in the wardrobe.

Posted:
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers  4945WRX Points: 723Posts: 4,945 Titanium Tees

I used to always wear golf shirts. At one point the only shirts I had that weren’t golf shirts or dress shirts were workout shirts. These days, I rarely wear a golf shirt (or any kind of collared shirt) if I’m not on the course. I very rarely wear dress shirts (only when absolutely necessary). In most situations not involving golf these days, I’m wearing with jeans and a t-shirt or shorts and a t-shirt, including at work (jeans, not shorts unfortunately).

Posted:
  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers  13915WRX Points: 1,485Handicap: 8-ishPosts: 13,915 Titanium Tees

I occasionally wear a golf polo and slacks to the office, but not usually and only during warm weather months.
    I do have some casual cotton non golf style polos I wear as well. I don’t like to look like I am getting ready to play golf even if I am. I keep golf clothes in my car with my clubs if needed.

Posted:
    I pick 14 of the following:
    Ping G400
    Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
    Callaway Apex 23*
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Hoofer
    ProV1x-mostly
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

Advertisement
  • Edward_MajorwinEdward_Majorwin British ColumbiaMembers  343WRX Points: 323Handicap: 13Posts: 343 Greens

When I'm sitting at the desk and conducting sales screen time for the whole day, I wear golf pants always along with golf polos.
    In fact, I wore the same 3 pairs of pants (dark blue, black, grey) on 5 day rotation for 4 years running...golf pants are supreme!!! Only a perma-single man like myself could pull this off without shame.

Posted:

Right-handed Canadian golfer swinging left = bad idea!
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°
    Cobra Speedzone 3H 19°
    Titleist AP2 718 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52° - SM7 56° - SM8 60°
    Odyssey Stroke Lab ONE
    Ball: Callaway Supersoft (yellow)
    Tees: Wood from endangered rainforests

• BaitkillerBaitkiller Members  1831WRX Points: 221Handicap: YesPosts: 1,831 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
    Turn over damnit!
    Krank 9* Formula 5 UST Tour
    Adams 15* wasabi
    XXIO pro 5
    Adams Pro Gold Forged 3-46* / Steelfibers
    Vanilla wedges 53 and 58*
    Betti-1
    K-sig
  • stryperstryper Members  3466WRX Points: 972Posts: 3,466 Titanium Tees

Summertime, when I’m hanging around the house, or running errands, it’s muscle shirts, gym shorts, and flips. More formal events (like a casual lunch date with my wife and kid), it’s usually cotton-poly blend tees and decent shorts. Winter, it’s jeans and a tee shirt, long- or short-sleeved, and a jacket as required.

So I guess I don’t really look like much of a golfer off the course. But then, come to think of it, I don’t really look like much of a golfer on the course either. 🤔

Posted:
    Titleist 917D2, w/UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F4T
    Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
    18* KZG U Iron, w/UST Proforce V2 100-S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-5, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
    Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
    Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
    T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7
  • @_the_crook@_the_crook Members  869WRX Points: 333Posts: 869 Golden Tee

guess I'm fortunate being in the midwest and work in a casual environment.
    from spring to fall, it looks like I'm ready to go hit on any weekday. soft slacks, collared polos, maybe a lightweight pullover.
    winter is when the long sleeves and sweaters come out of hibernation.
    I even wear FJ casuals to the office.

Posted:
    currently playing:
    Steelhead III , FT-5 - D
    Warbirds, 3+, 4
    Hogan BH-5, 3-PW
    Wilson DynaPowered SW
    Ping Anser
    it works

when I need a change, there are 12 bags full to choose from .
  • BrandonDunesBrandonDunes Members  448WRX Points: 137Posts: 448 Greens

I went to the chiropractor some time last year and wasn't wearing any golf related clothing, just gym clothes. The chiro asked if I golfed. So I guess I look like a golfer.

Posted:
    Driver - Callaway Epic SZ 10.5º
    3W - Taylor Made Jetspeed HL º17
    H - Callaway Xhot Pro 23º
    Irons - Mizuno JPX919 Hotmetal 5-GW
    SW - Callaway MD3 (S-52º)
    LW - Callaway MD3 (W-58º)
    Putter - Scotty Cameron

Advertisement
  • BM5DBM5D Members  122WRX Points: 148Handicap: 3.5Posts: 122 Fairways

On -, @j.b.newton said:

Outside of my suits/dress clothes, I do look like Im on the way to the course. Even on the more casual days at work, I could easily be at home on the course. It helps/hurts that a lot of brands like Peter Millar, RLX, etc work for the office/dinner/course.

Those sheeny golf shirts only look good on guys with less than 15% body fat lol. Otherwise every mole, pimple or fat cell you have will be on display.

Posted:
  • rufus manglerrufus mangler Members  1775WRX Points: 189Posts: 1,775 Platinum Tees

other than a copper Sabona on my wrist... no.

Posted:

Titleist 915 8.5 (7.25) / 915 16.5 (17.25) / 910 21 (20.25), 24.0 (24) / Srixon 745 5-PW / Vokey SM6 52f (51), 56f, 60v / SC PP DelMar 3.5 or Cleveland HB 11.

Stiff shafts, GP 360's and Crossline Blacks. No glove.

• North ButteNorth Butte Members  11812WRX Points: 1,608Posts: 11,812 Titanium Tees

Paunch hanging over belt? Check.
    Uneven reddish "tan" which is always worst on Mondays? Check.
    Man ****? Check.
    Callus on last knuckle of ring finger on one hand? Check.
    Stopping to look at reflection in window, then bending over with hands in front of waist? Check.

Bottom line is yes, I do look like a golfer even when I'm at work.

Posted:
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members  2684WRX Points: 285Handicap: +.7Posts: 2,684 Titanium Tees

Im 40 so I think I'm old but guess Im still young?? Grew up a sneaker head but also playing golf so my of off course style is a bit more "urban" I guess you'd say. Skinny jeans, Jordans/Adidas Ultra Boosts or a Nike flyknit of some sort. But usually with a boutique golf T such as Malbon Golf or Electric Golf etc.. I do have a lot of the Nike Golf logo T's I wear and I'm usually wearing some sort of boutique golf brand hat whether it's a flat bill or dad cap. Only time I wear a polo off the course is to work or if I'm going out to dinner and then its usually a slim fit Bonobos polo or something to that effect. I guess eventually I'll start dressing a bit more age appropriate off of the course but I hate flip flops soo.... That seems to be the go to for middle aged men who aren't super trendy ha.

Long story short I don't necessarily look like a golfer off of the course but if you were into the trendy boutique golf brands you'd recognize what I had on and would know I played. Funny thing is on course I'm a bit more traditional. I collect the Jordan Golf shoes but don't wear them except for the trainers and the ADG's. I grew up playing in the late 80's and 90's and I love a pair of FJ Icons. It's hard to argue with the comfort and style of the new Nike crossover stuff though especially the Air Max, Roshe Tour and Premier.

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
    Taylormade M6 Tensei Pro Orange V3 70TX
    Ping G410 19* Hybrid Tensei PO 100TX
    Revolving door
    Honma TW W4 52/56/60 Modus 125 Wedge
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Steath, Stealth shaft. PP58 Black Cord
    Snell MTB X
    Ping Hoofer Multicam
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1518WRX Points: 937Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,518 Platinum Tees

No one in Socal (LA area) looks like a golfer off the course unless they are over 45. On the course, majority looks like tour pros.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                   HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood         whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0          Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                             Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 54.14F                          DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 58.12D                         DG S400                             Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5   34" loft 6.5                          SS Traxion Pistol GT 1.0 CC
    Titleist PROV1                                 ball
    Titleist Player                                   glove 
    FJ rain glove                                    glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/

Advertisement
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members  816WRX Points: 154Posts: 816 Golden Tee

For work - definitely, we used to be "business casual" which would be golf polo's/golf slacks, then moved to jeans allowed, so now golf shirt/pullover/jeans.
    Going out on the town - try to avoid this if possible, but definitely golf attire may be worn depending on where we are going.
    Otherwise - sports attire.
    really don't have any reason to get nattily attired anymore, so I just wear whatever golf stuff I find, since the closest thing I have to going to a clothing store is a pro shop!

Posted:
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada. Members  543WRX Points: 343Posts: 543 Golden Tee

Nope, my golf clothes are really the only name brand/nice clothes I have, otherwise its the typical big guy outfit of shorts and a short sleeve button up shirt (usually a floral print) or jeans and a hoodie in the winter. Most stuff from walmart, cheap junk shoes and a snapback hat. Not a guy to spend money on clothes, and only because I'm a big guy I have to buy my golf stuff from the big mans store, and thats likely the only reason its higher end stuff. I would just look like a big slob to most of you guys hahahaha But I've got no women dressing me or buying me clothes so.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5*
    Cobra Baffler 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5-PW (Mizuno MP-4 for fun)
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    PM Grind 60*
    Cleveland HB #6 center shaft 
  • DFW SnowmanDFW Snowman Members  269WRX Points: 141Posts: 269 Greens

No, but the only real difference between my on course wear vs off course wear is the material of the clothes. Once I entered the professional working world 20 years ago, I began wearing polos with jeans/khakis/shorts 90% of the time but only cotton. Once I got into golf in my 30s, I built up my golf wardrobe which is pretty much the same types of clothing except entirely synthetic materials. I also have a pretty bland style in general, so I don't have to update my wardrobe much since it's never on trend.

Posted:
  • DavidvDavidv Members  1140WRX Points: 294Posts: 1,140 Platinum Tees

On -, @Stanks said:

Flip flops, adidas shorts, tank top, mesh / button back / fitted baseball cap...I look like a local in California. And I play golf like that too.
    The worst thing is when your boss comes in saying he is taking off early when you know he is going to play 18 with the directors and ya in those sheeny collared golf shirts (which look terrible) or his mock turtle neck.

ROFL

Posted:
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25484WRX Points: 2,686Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,484 ClubWRX

Fridays are casual for our office staff. I'll be in a polo and shorts and the first question is what time am I leaving to play...even though I don't leave to play. So I guess that answers the question.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Zen_GolferZen_Golfer Columbus, OHMembers  365WRX Points: 235Handicap: 10Posts: 365 Greens

Id say that I do. My average casual wear is polos and shorts. I could easily wear any of my casual clothes to the course and not look out of place.

Posted:
  • cmagnussoncmagnusson Members  584WRX Points: 183Handicap: 14Posts: 584 Golden Tee

I wear grey Old Navy Go-Dry pants and a black polo to work every single day. Go hit balls on my lunch break probably once a week without needing to change anything but my shoes.

Posted:
    Cobra F8+ 9.5*D, Fujikura Pro XLR8 61X at 44.25"
    Titleist 917F2 16.5*, Diamana Blueboard 73X
    Taylormade PSI Tour 3 iron, DG Pro X100
    Taylormade RBladez 5i-PW
    Taylormade RSI2 AW 50*
    Cobra Trusty Rusty 53*, 59*, DG S200
    Cleveland 588 RTX2.0 64*
    Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Arm-lock conversion at 7*, 42"
  • mankumanku Members  887WRX Points: 293Posts: 887 Golden Tee

On -, @TIM929 said:

No one in Socal (LA area) looks like a golfer off the course unless they are over 45. On the course, majority looks like tour pros.

Where are you golfing? Yesterday, a hot day, I saw a dude playing topless with jean cutoffs!
    Come to think of it, JD does that too...so I guess your right...people in LA do dress like tour pros :)

Posted:

Advertisement
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members  10322WRX Points: 571Handicap: 12Posts: 10,322 Titanium Tees

my __white _______belt is a give away. _____

Posted:
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P stnd. cord
    Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
    Eureka Ca. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.