Your most unpopular Golf opinions?

BarrySanders ·  
BarrySandersBarrySanders Members  100WRX Points: 49Posts: 100 Fairways

If you took a poll, over 50 percent of people would be against your opinion. Mine:
1. There is nothing wrong with courses discriminating on who plays on their courses
2. Fat and non muscular golfers that win are bad for golf
3. There is nothing to be proud of when you shoot well with game improvement or most graphite irons.
4. Every single golf advertisement is worthless. If they affect you purchases, you are naive
5. 99.99 percent of the time you don't average X score, you don't average Y driving distance, and you didn't Pick your head up

Posted:

Comments

• TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1358WRX Points: 809Handicap: 11.1Posts: 1,358 Platinum Tees

Please take lessons, get fit, and feel free to untuck your shirt, but please don’t say try not to hit it so hard.

I know I know, you cringe.

Posted:
    Post edited by TIM929 on
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0         Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood        whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                 HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0         Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                            Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 52.12F (bent to 49.09)DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 56.10S                          DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 60.12D                          DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5  34" loft 6.5                        Pistolini Plus  
    Titleist PROV1                                   ball
    Kirkland sig                                       glove 
    FJ rain glove                                     glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • goheels11goheels11 ClubWRX  525WRX Points: 199Handicap: 2Posts: 525 ClubWRX

The use of the term “golfing” makes you less of a human
    I’d rather walk, thank you. Stop offering the passenger side of the cart. If I wanted a cart, I would be in one.
    Love to compete, but sometimes I’d just like to drink and shoot 80...ish
    The thrill of a new club or set is often times diminished by actually hitting them.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  223WRX Points: 190Handicap: +3Posts: 223 Fairways

The PGA tour does not have a slow play problem. (public golf does though)

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MelloYelloMelloYello Upstate, SCMembers  3771WRX Points: 982Handicap: 8Posts: 3,771 Titanium Tees

On -, @HatsForBats said:
    • The hole should be increased to a size where nearly everyone feels safe leaving the pin in at all times. This could also help with damage to the hole when players retrieve their ball with the pin in.
    • I would say fairway divot relief but you did say where 50% of people would be againt the opinion so I am of the opinion it would not qualify.
    • What tee box a player can play should have nothing to do with age or gender
    • Using descriptions such as 'mens' , 'womens' or 'senior' tees should be abolished

I totally agree with the last couple.

I would only point out that virtually all the courses I've gone to lately use color as a designation for their tees so the players can see which tees correspond to which course/slope ratings on the scorecard.

I can't think of the last time I went to a course and actually saw the words "senior tees" or "ladies tees" printed on the scorecard. I think courses have been very progressive about getting rid of those terms. So technically, the don't really exist in most places (where I've been).

I think it's more an issue with there being a stigma and that fact those phrases are part of the common vernacular of players.

But in spirit, I totally agree. I will sometimes play the red (forward) tees as I walk 9 holes after work just to focus in on my iron game. Sometimes it's better to do that than to go to the range and beat balls.

Posted:
    Driver: M3 w. Tensei CK Pro Org.
    Fairway: Aeroburner 3w HL
    Hybrid: Tour Edge E8 (22)
    Irons: 716 CB (4-Pw)
    Wedges: SM6 52-F / 56-F / 60-S
    Putter: Newport 2 Select
  • jjj912jjj912 Members  1495WRX Points: 73Posts: 1,495 Platinum Tees

Putting is the least important thing to shooting low score. Wedge play is the second least important thing. The most important thing is driving. Iron play is the second most important thing.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • duffer987duffer987 Meh... eh Canadian in CaliforniaMembers  9807WRX Points: 1,060Handicap: ~8Posts: 9,807 Titanium Tees
    • Wearing an OEM's golf hat makes you look like a berk
    • If you wear shorts to golf, you should have to wear knee-high socks
    • The woman golfer in a mixed pair is almost always the nicer person
    • People who say Spyglass is better than Pebble don't really believe it and just want to seem clever
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • StrömsborgStrömsborg StockholmMembers  597WRX Points: 170Handicap: 2.8Posts: 597 Golden Tee

Most of you people have reasonable opinions. Wasn't the point of the thread to have unpopular opinions? Things you are ashamed to say out loud?
    The OP started out well, most people I know dislike discrimination and love it when the fat guy wins, but then he goes on to say that golf equipment ads lies and golfers tend to overestimate their abilities. So? Did anyone ever think otherwise?

Posted:
    Hey chopper, what are you hitting there?

Titleist 910 8.5°
    TM SLDR S 17°
    Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21° and 24°
    Titleist AP2 710 5-pw
    Wilson FG Tour PMP 52, 56, 60­°
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

After how long does being "out of form" turn into "a bad golfer"?
  • iutoddiutodd Members  267WRX Points: 89Posts: 267 Greens

The whole macho “no laying up” bro culture of golf sucks and is bad for growing the game.

The only reason everyone should have a handicap is so courses could enforce playing from the proper tees - playing from the wrong tees is absolutely a cause for slow play.

Just once I’d like to see a dude working the beverage cart and a girl driving the range ball cart or a mower.

Posted:
  • SEP1006SEP1006 Pearland, Tx.ClubWRX  1276WRX Points: 315Handicap: 7.6 and trendingPosts: 1,276 ClubWRX

Just a few for me:
    1. 5-somes should never be allowed at anytime
    2. Walkers shouldn't be allowed to tee off before noon
    3. People who pay more that $350 for 18 holes anywhere are crazy

Posted:

DRIVER -    Taylor Made M6 10.5 * | Ventus 6s
    3 WD -       Taylor Made M6 Rocket | Atmos Orange Stiff 
    HYBRIDS - PXG Gen 2 -  2 / 3 / 4 Hybrids | Accra Tour 90i Stiff
    IRONS -     PXG Gen 3 -  0311P 5 - GW | Accra Tour 100i Stiff
    WEDGES - Ping Stealth Glide 2.0 54-12 / 58-06 Wedges | Wedge Flex
    GRIPS -      JumboMax Ultralight grips on ALL 
    PUTTER -   PXG Gunboat H 
    BAG -         PXG Staff Bag
    BALLS -     Snell MTB Black / Pro V1

• CelebrosCelebros Vandalia, OHMembers  344WRX Points: 234Handicap: 1.5Posts: 344 Greens

On -, @2012BFT said:

Also, the latest trend of Golf companies partnering with celebrities/other sports athletes... who cares about Stephen Curry golfing? Or Tony Romo etc...

I mean, supporting a couple of scratch or better golfers who have more name recognition amongst the general populace than anyone but Tiger seems like a terrible way to support the game of golf...

Posted:
    Cobra King F9 Speedback (9*)
    Cobra King F8+ (4-5, 16.5*)
    Cobra King Utility (3, 20.5*)
    Cobra King Forged Tour (4-GW)
    Cobra King WideLow (56*)
    Cobra King Pūr WideLow (60*)
    Rife Mr. Beasley (Limited First Run)
    Snell MTB Black

Advertisement
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members  10322WRX Points: 569Handicap: 12Posts: 10,322 Titanium Tees

well ya know who your friends are after reading this thread

Posted:
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P stnd. cord
    Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
    Eureka Ca. 
  • FergusonFerguson Members  5791WRX Points: 3,140Handicap: 7.0Posts: 5,791 Titanium Tees

Richard Rawlings does not impact the game.

Posted:

Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.