Best modern single brand bag setup....

MidwestHeart

I have been contemplating this very question. I have never had a full bag of anything, but it is getting easier than ever before!

My top three ways to get to a single OEM:

3. Callaway is my third pick. I love the PM grind wedges and the Odyssey putters. The only place they really fall short for me is irons. X-Forged is my favorite but does not make the top 5 for me.

2. Titleist is a solid number 2. SC putters, Vokey wedges, and the new drivers and FW woods are SO good. They only fall short in irons but the AP2 does make top 5.

1. Taylormade, and I just started a quest a few weeks ago to make it a full bag. The P770's are my favorite irons of all time. From the M1 to the M6 line of drivers and FW,....all were/are near top of class for me. HiToe wedges are my favorites all time. The TP5 is my ball of choice. I am only stuck on deciding between the Spider X and the Ardmore 2...then grab a bag and I finally did it.

Hard to go wrong in todays market though.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

> @mogc60 said:

> Odd I don’t have one of their clubs in my bag but I would have to go Ping. Can get custom grinds on darn near everything and everything in there lineup is very solid. Vault putters are fantastic. I think I could Ping with no compromises

Haha I comlpetely agree with you, all I currently own is a PIng glide 2.0 54* wedge but I definitely think Ping is the best answer to the question for me. G400 woods, G410 3 utility, iblades 4-p, Glide 2.0 wedges[stealth], and a PIng Vault Ketsch [stealth] sounds like my dream bag. If they ever decide to do iblades in stealth I might just make it happened.

> @eball33 said:

> > @mogc60 said:

> > Odd I don’t have one of their clubs in my bag but I would have to go Ping. Can get custom grinds on darn near everything and everything in there lineup is very solid. Vault putters are fantastic. I think I could Ping with no compromises

>

> Haha I comlpetely agree with you, all I currently own is a PIng glide 2.0 54* wedge but I definitely think Ping is the best answer to the question for me. G400 woods, G410 3 utility, iblades 4-p, Glide 2.0 wedges[stealth], and a PIng Vault Ketsch [stealth] sounds like my dream bag. If they ever decide to do iblades in stealth I might just make it happened.

For the whole bag...I had to ponder it for a bit but I think I’d be happiest with Ping for all 14. I could easily 410 the woods and hybrid, blueprint irons, glide 2.0 wedges and I’d go the ketsch as well.

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

Well, I came in here hoping to see more specific setups than simply shout outs to your favorite brand.

For me, I’d go Ping:

G400 1W 3W 5W 4Hy

s55 5i-PW

Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 50 54 58

Vault 2.0 ZB 34” Stealth

2nd choice as Callaway:

Epic Flash 1W 5W

Rogue 4Hy

Apex UT 4U

‘18 X-Forged 5i-7i

‘18 Apex MB 8i-PW

MD Forged 52 56

PM Grind 60

Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach H7

Both would be fun setups, but maybe the Callaway set has too much going on.

Spring 2024

Callaway Mavrik Max 1W 10.5° HZRDUS Smoke 60

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W 15° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx LS 5W 17.5° HZRDUS Smoke 70

Cobra LTDx 4Hy 21° HZRDUS Smoke 80

Srixon ZU85 4U 23° / Z585 6i-7i / Z785 8i-AW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56° 60°
SeeMore Mini Giant DF / Piretti Teramo / MannKrafted MA99 Proto

https://www.golfwrx.com/660122/witb-golfwrx-members-edition-jbrunk/

I'd have to say Titliest for me. . . especially now with the TS line.

-TS3

-AP whatever you want

-Can't go wrong with Vokeys

-Some kind of Scotty

Driver: (10.5) Taylormade SIM2 MAX Graphite Design YS-6X

3-Wood: (13) Taylormade V-Steel Grafalloy ProLite 35X

Hybrid: (18) Ping Rapture Aldlia VS By You 80X

Utility: (21) New Level NLU-01 True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Irons: (5-P) New Level 902 PD True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Gap/Sand: (48, 54) New Level SPN Forged S Grind True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 (48), S400 (54)

Lob: (58) Vokey Wedgeworks T Grind True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
Putter: Tad Moore Pro1 Long Neck

Ball: Snell MTB Black

Top to bottom, I'd say Titleist or PING. Incidentally, I don't have clubs from either manufacturer in y bag right now. But I could switch to a full bag of either without really missing anything too much. Every other manufacturer would have a pretty big adjustment in some area.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

For all one brand, I'd go with either Titleist or Ping. Titleist is just solid all around and they have plenty of custom options to fit anyone. Ping is right there too, but I still think Titleist edges them out in terms of custom options.

Titleist TS4 8.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

I do not have a single Ping or Titleist club in the bag or the "Pro Shop", but I think those would be my answers. But why would anyone want to limit the amount of ho'ing they could do?

F9 9.5* at 8* Hazardous Red 13* F7 19* Callaway XR Hybrid 4-GW Mizuno HM Pros 55* Mizuno S5 60* Mizuno S5 STX Sync 3 45" Snell MTB Yellow

> @ProBlackPingman said:

> In your opinion, what is the best single brand bag setup of the last three-five years. Traditionally, I’ve always thought Titleist was the best year in and year out but the competition is so close now. Which quality control is best? Which perform best (TaylorMade, Titleist, Callaway, Ping)? Which have the most appeal/desire? I’m interested in everyone’s thoughts!

Performance is so individual and depends totally on player needs. Even more so on Tour, players can probably get every single club totally custom to their swing and to their desires. With that said though, considering putter is probably one of the most important clubs, then wedges... I'd have to pick the company that has the best overall putter and wedge selection _for me_.

Seeing as I'm really liking my Ardmore putter (and I'd probably like a Spider X if I had one) and my Hi Toe wedge, I'd pick Taylormade. My bag would likely be something like:

M5 driver

M5 3w

M6 hybrid, maybe a GAPR Lo

P790 4i

P760 5-PW

Milled grind Gap and Sand wedge

Hi Toe lob

Ardmore 2 or Spider X

TP5X

If I had to pick a 2nd OEM as backup, I'd go Ping. 3rd place would be a toss up between Titleist and Callaway.

• Like 1

That's hard to say because all have strengths and weaknesses. I'd probably go with TM first, though and here's why. I love their woods and spider putters. Driver and putter are the two clubs that matter most to me, and their irons and the new MG wedges are solid as well. After that I'd go Ping; I like their drivers, not so much their fairways, love certain irons (s55) but not so much others, wedges are OK (stealths are their best IMO), but I have never loved their putters for some reason. Titleist is a close 3rd maybe tied for second, but I have never gotten along with their woods. Their irons and wedges are awesome, and some of my favorites but I'm also not really a scotty fan--I've tried and I just putt better with the TM Spider tour.

Srixon is underrated, as their irons are some of the best out. Haven't done much testing of their woods. Cobra is underrated as well, but I'm assuming disqualified for this conversation because they don't make putters.

Outside of the MD4 cally does nothing for me.

As for putting together a complete bag, I would say personal preference matters a lot.

As for quality control, I would say that all the majors - Ping, Callaway, TaylorMade, Titleist, Cleveland/Srixon, Mizuno and Wilson - all have solid quality control. Same can be said for quality craft companies - Tour Edge, Cobra, Bridgestone, post-2015 Hogan and certainly the high-end Asian players. Likewise, solid QC for components leaders Wishon and Maltby/GolfWorks.

Note, quality control also figures in the shafts, which more often than not are fabricated by a third party.

Much of this talk of _best_ and _performance_ is personal preference: what works for me may not work for @misterkye. For example, I have hit lots of Titleist clubs before. As for technology and variety, no one beats them. **But...** the AP1 is the only iron that works for me, and it's just so-so. Vokey wedges are tops for technology and variety, but other wedges have better feel. The woods and hybrids are good, but no **wow** factor.

Since 2011 my bag has contained mostly Callaway and Tour Edge. Main reason: The C and TE just seem to "fit my eye" better. I can pick up one of their clubs at a demo, and, if it's a GI with proper shaft, have it under basic control in six shots.

(Note: My backup bag is largely TaylorMade, with the 2014 SLDR irons as the base).

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

If I had to stick with one OEM probably go with Ping. Which is odd since I only use two of their clubs now, but weighing the choices of driver, FW, irons, HB, wedges, putter...that's the one i come up with. 2nd would be TM. Titleist is out as I don't like their wedges, and Callaway as I don't care for their woods.

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

I've played almost all brands with the exception of Titleist so I can't really compare them. Oh, I did buy a Vokey wedge to try it out and found that the MD4 was much better for my needs. Couldn't not get the Vokey to perform as well as the MD4.

I would have to pick them in this order...by the way, I'm a senior golfer and been playing less than 5 years.

1. Callaway - love their service and the quality of their products. They are constantly improving what already works to make it better. And they have options for all levels of players.

2. Ping - they remind me of the old accountant wearing an eyeshade and pencil shirt protector. They are not so much innovators as they are responsible designers. I like their products but just couldn't find one that suited me. Just my opinion. Bugs me that I can order direct.

3. Cobra - they remind me of Bryson DeChambeau in that they are pushing the envelope based on science. I've tried some of their clubs and just didn't get the performance or feel that I was looking for.

I've been tempted to try Titleist but I'd have to replace my driver or irons or woods or hybrids and the problem is, they are working for me and they are all Callaway.

For me it has to be titleist or ping - until the TS series i wouldnt have touched a titleist wood, but they hit the mark on this one. Titleist wins for me because....well...i've had nothing but absolute shit experience with ping customer service/reps. Can't get them to commit to demo days, when they do, they are in and out asap, and then backorders for ridiculous amounts of time on new product? Titleist CS experience is much, much cleaner.

one of my friends was going to staff with ping and was told he had to purchase all of his clubs....

I'd probably go;

Driver: TS3

5 wood: TS2/3? don't know - don't play their fairway right now.

TMB 2 or 3 - would have to see some numbers

ap2 4-PW

vokey 50-54-58 - again would have to see gaping, but thats what i've been with on my wedges

some sort of scotty - i should play a mallet since my spider is perfect, but i kinda hate the look of their mallets....could probably come around on them pretty well, though

Great topic - PING for sure. I'm almost there, actually...

Driver: PING G425 7.5*; X-stiff HZRDUS BLACK 75g

Driving Iron: TITLEIST U505 1i; X-stiff HZRDUS Smoke RDX 90g 

Irons: PING i210 3-4, PING BLUEPRINT 5-W; Dynamic Gold X7

Wedges: CLEVELAND RTX4 50, 54, 58; S400

Putter: ODYSSEY WHITE HOT #7 OG

Ball: BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

Grip: WINN Dri Tac Midsize

GHIN: Between my ears... (usually between 1-3)

I have a whole Taylormade bag and I surprisingly like it a lot. Wasn't sure that I would but I'm loving it.

However, I think the best brands to easily make a one-brand bag from would be Titleist and then PING. Both offer great performing clubs at every section:

- Both have great performing drivers and fairway woods with enough lofts to build your long game

- Both have great hybrids with a lot of loft options as well

- Both have great adjustable hosel systems, although Titleist is the standout here with their SureFit setup

- Both have a variety of iron options to blend whatever set you need, although Titleist has more options that blend a lot better (I think)

- Both have great performing wedges in a variety of grinds to suit your game

- Both have great putters with tons of different shapes and options to fit any stroke--I'd give the nod to PING here for price-to-performance.

For me, this is an easy question: PING.

Drivers: If you can't find a PING driver that works for you, I'd be shocked.

Fairways: G410 is the best they've ever made, and great option for better players with the flat setting.

Hybrids: Same response as fairways.

Irons: Unless your a forged fanboy, some of the best irons out there from top to bottom.

Wedges: Glide 2.0 Stealth may be the best ever. Weakest category for PING but I love the Stealth.

Putters: So many options, though that's the one club no major OEM will ever sell me on until someone can out-do what the Axis 1 putters do. They're the best putter I've ever used, hands down. And not even close. Granted, their putters are just my flavor.

PING 430 Max 10.5 
PING G430 Max 18.5 
PING G430 Max 20.5 
PING i230 4-W DGS300 120
PING Glide 4.0, 50SS / 54SS / 58SS
Axis 1 Joey

Titleist All Day

Titleist Scotty mid slant in the bag.Vokeys ready to go.Can find some 620mb soon !!!! 915 series fairways and driver are solid or another 905T yes T love the 400cc ! Lots of Ping and Callaway but not full bag......hope your ok with my ansers!

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

Titleist

Callaway

Ping

Please sign me up as a brand ambassador!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

Mizuno all the way, they did have a series of putters a few years back so that definitely counts. Otherwise I would probably go with Srixon, that XV is my ball of choice currently.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe