you've managed to make this place worse. (Split)

23 hours ago, nsxguy said:

The general consensus seems to be this board is MUCH better than the previous one. I agree.

But nothing like throwing general insults around without ANY specificity.

Not that anyone cares but I know *I* give those sorts of complaints a lot of weight,,,,,,,,:classic_rolleyes::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

Well you felt the need to comment so obviously it had some affect. Why was this split off?

1 hour ago, Evolved said:

Well you felt the need to comment so obviously it had some affect. Why was this split off?

If you looked below my avatar you would see I am "only" a "member" so no, it didn't "obviously have some effect"; at least not to management.

So, to answer YOUR question, even though you didn't do anything to "answer" any of your OWN objections, why should management make ANY attempt to address your vague comment,,,,,,,, OK, vague complaint,,,,,,,,,,,

If you've got a worthwhile/reasonable complaint, MAKE IT.

"This place sucks" is just asking to be ignored (by management). But that appears to be your M.O. If it was *I* making such decisions I'd have just deleted it, not split it off. But then again, you'd just complain louder and longer the next time (before that one would get deleted).

Similar to your snarky "Thanks for not answering my question" on the previous board where you didn't "quote" anybody NOR did you bother re-asking your question,,,,,,, posted at least 2 whole pages prior to your snark basically telling (whoever) to go find your question again and answer it. :classic_rolleyes:

Clearly you're not quite as evolved as you seem to think you are. :classic_laugh:

Now if you'd like to actually register your complaint(s) I expect the board (or maybe someone) will reply. :classic_smile:

BTW, have you figured out how to separate out "BST" from the rest of the site yet ?  You actually CAN do that on this site. :classic_smile:

Edited by nsxguy
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

• 4 weeks later...

This site has almost been unusable the last few days with all the multiple posts clogging up the activity pages. I'll agree with the original post, I don't know how anybody could mess this forum up any worse than it is right now.

• Like 1

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

40 minutes ago, hybrid25 said:

This site has almost been unusable the last few days with all the multiple posts clogging up the activity pages. I'll agree with the original post, I don't know how anybody could mess this forum up any worse than it is right now.

If you recall the Gwrxmod who patrolled the "Feedback" section during the previous disaster often requested a screen shot along with device information. Or at least a complete explanation of exactly what you were clicking one and what results you didn't like.

It is very difficult and time consuming to try to figure out what you're referring to. 

"Activity Pages" ? What are those ? There are multiple sub-tiers to the "Activity" MAIN tier. And what "items" are showing are "clogging up the pages" ?

Titleist Pro V1X

On 8/23/2020 at 7:50 AM, Evolved said:

I don't know how you guys did it but you've managed to make this place worse. So congrats on that.

Completely disagree. The site is far better than the previous version. I would go so far as to say I like it better than the original. 

Edited by Obee
Typos
  • Like 4

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

1 hour ago, b.helts said:

I think he’s talking about “Unread Content” and the fact that, today for example, the 2020 US Open thread at times was somewhere around 25 out of the 30 that are by default displayed. (Numbers are estimates and not exact)

Instead of 2020 US Open just having one entry in the Unread Content query even though there may be multiple unread posts. 

Agree!  Wish there was a way to only see one item per topic in the list.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10 Evenflow Riptide MX 60 6.0
Titleist TSi2 15 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
Titleist TS2 19 Tensei CK Blue 70 S
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-P Modus3 Tour 105 S
Callaway Jaws 50, 54, 58 DG Tour 115
Odyssey 2-ball ten tour lined, Toulon Las Vegas

On 9/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, YMark said:

This is the only forum that I'm a member of that has multiple entries of the same thread for "unread content".  There has to be a way to fix this as it does nothing more than clutter to board.

That said, this "back to the old software" forum is heads a tails better than that useless software it replaced. This board is finally worth visiting again.

Yeah, the unread content thing is a miss.

• Thanks 1

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

What I’m finding out from reading people’s gripes , is that I must be the only one who navigates here manually ? As in I have zero idea what the gripe about unread content is even meaning.     I personally find this version to be much better than v2.  And I didn’t gripe about v2.   I still just click on the thread and read.  

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

10 hours ago, bladehunter said:

What I’m finding out from reading people’s gripes , is that I must be the only one who navigates here manually ? As in I have zero idea what the gripe about unread content is even meaning.     I personally find this version to be much better than v2.  And I didn’t gripe about v2.   I still just click on the thread and read.  

Me, too.

No idea what that means.  I get some notifications I suppose I could turn off, but they don't annoy me.

Otherwise, this place works better than it did and looks great.  So for me, win.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bladehunter said:

And possibly the only one who knows what "navigating manually" even means. :classic_laugh:

There are tabs/links for reading "Content I posted In" (that which many people are most interested in), "Content I started" (presumably if you start a lot of threads), "Content I Follow" (those threads someone "follows" even if they DIDN'T post in them", and "UNREAD CONTENT" which is ALL threads one HASN'T read in order of most recent post first - i.e. what people are talking about "right now".

ALL of which are in drop downs (and/or hovering your mouse) over the tabs/link at the top of every (forum) page.

I'm guessing "manually" means going to the FORUMS listing and picking and choosing the category you want to read next ??? :classic_blink:?

Edited by nsxguy

Titleist Pro V1X

5 hours ago, nsxguy said:

And possibly the only one who knows what "navigating manually" even means. :classic_laugh:

There are tabs/links for reading "Content I posted In" (that which many people are most interested in), "Content I started" (presumably if you start a lot of threads), "Content I Follow" (those threads someone "follows" even if they DIDN'T post in them", and "UNREAD CONTENT" which is ALL threads one HASN'T read in order of most recent post first - i.e. what people are talking about "right now".

ALL of which are in drop downs (and/or hovering your mouse) over the tabs/link at the top of every (forum) page.

I'm guessing "manually" means going to the FORUMS listing and picking and choosing the category you want to read next ??? :classic_blink:?

Yep. That’s exactly how I navigate.  That and replying to notifications like this one of reply’s follows posts I’ve made.    You guys are trying to fly this apple crate to the moon !  Lol. 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Yep. That’s exactly how I navigate.  That and replying to notifications like this one of reply’s follows posts I’ve made.    You guys are trying to fly this apple crate to the moon !  Lol. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Titleist Pro V1X

2 hours ago, nsxguy said:

spacer.png

Hey !  I’ll own that !  I was born old no doubt.    But the KISS method sure does make for less heartaches.  I’ve had no issues with the upgrades.  Low expectations make for no disappointment and all that Jazz.  ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 9/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, bladehunter said:

Hey !  I’ll own that !  I was born old no doubt.    But the KISS method sure does make for less heartaches.  I’ve had no issues with the upgrades.  Low expectations make for no disappointment and all that Jazz.  ?

Let me ask you something my friend.

Doesn't it stand to reason that the things you are most interested in are the same things you'd want to continue reading and posting to ? I mean another word used for "thread" is "Conversation" as that is what the posters are doing - having a conversation.

If you're having an in person conversation with somebody do you walk over to someone else and talk to them instead of answering the person in front of you who just asked you a question ?

Now obviously it's not the same but,,,,,,,,,,,

Point is, you (probably) have set up "Notifications". They either "pop up" at the bottom of your screen OR that little bell in the upper right hand corner has a number within a green background that's pretty noticeable, no ? Don't you look at them pretty quickly ? After all, you "asked" to be notified of some things. :classic_smile:

Many people FIRST go to "Content I posted In", perhaps otherwise known as "Conversations I'm engaged In". Wouldn't that most likely be the stuff you're most interested in reading again ?

How about "Content I Started". Now IIRC you don't start (m)any threads so perhaps that doesn't apply to you but IF you started threads, wouldn't THOSE be high on your list to at least see if any posts have been added to them ? After all, YOU would've started those conversations, no ?

How about "Content I FOLLOW" ? Now perhaps you don't "follow" any topics you don't post in but a lot of people do. It's a topic (conversation ) they're interested in reading about but not one they've posted to (yet ?).

ALL of these and others are available at no cost/effort to you under the heading "My Activity Streams". You can even make your OWN customized stream - but you're probably already tired of reading so I won't bother telling you how - if you want to know, just ask.

And "what's being talked about right now" ? You can always follow what people are posting to most recently by "UNREAD CONTENT".

Now I believe you've mentioned having A.D.D. so you probably haven't gotten this far but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just in case you HAVE, here's a thread I started end of last year. :classic_wink:https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1675966-how-do-you-read-golfwrx/

Not much participation shown, mostly because of the poll itself not being carried over due to the recent board conversion, but if you have the patience to scan through some the responses you will see that most everybody that posted reads the board via some sort of the above. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Titleist Pro V1X

4 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Let me ask you something my friend.

Doesn't it stand to reason that the things you are most interested in are the same things you'd want to continue reading and posting to ? I mean another word used for "thread" is "Conversation" as that is what the posters are doing - having a conversation.

If you're having an in person conversation with somebody do you walk over to someone else and talk to them instead of answering the person in front of you who just asked you a question ?

Now obviously it's not the same but,,,,,,,,,,,

Point is, you (probably) have set up "Notifications". They either "pop up" at the bottom of your screen OR that little bell in the upper right hand corner has a number within a green background that's pretty noticeable, no ? Don't you look at them pretty quickly ? After all, you "asked" to be notified of some things. :classic_smile:

Many people FIRST go to "Content I posted In", perhaps otherwise known as "Conversations I'm engaged In". Wouldn't that most likely be the stuff you're most interested in reading again ?

How about "Content I Started". Now IIRC you don't start (m)any threads so perhaps that doesn't apply to you but IF you started threads, wouldn't THOSE be high on your list to at least see if any posts have been added to them ? After all, YOU would've started those conversations, no ?

How about "Content I FOLLOW" ? Now perhaps you don't "follow" any topics you don't post in but a lot of people do. It's a topic (conversation ) they're interested in reading about but not one they've posted to (yet ?).

ALL of these and others are available at no cost/effort to you under the heading "My Activity Streams". You can even make your OWN customized stream - but you're probably already tired of reading so I won't bother telling you how - if you want to know, just ask.

And "what's being talked about right now" ? You can always follow what people are posting to most recently by "UNREAD CONTENT".

Now I believe you've mentioned having A.D.D. so you probably haven't gotten this far but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just in case you HAVE, here's a thread I started end of last year. :classic_wink:https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1675966-how-do-you-read-golfwrx/

Not much participation shown, mostly because of the poll itself not being carried over due to the recent board conversion, but if you have the patience to scan through some the responses you will see that most everybody that posted reads the board via some sort of the above. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s true. I did just skim that. It’s a bad habit of mine. But I got the meat I believe.  

notifications.   Nope.  Only one I have setup is a reply to me.  I hate when my phone rings.  I don’t even have it setup to ring if I get an email.  I check it manually.  And keep the ringer off as text message streams drive me nuts.  Sorry.  I am really that uninterested in “ life hacks “ as my 12 year old calls it.  And I don’t even know why.  I just hate machines dictating  what I should do maybe ?  Lol. ( pulling your leg There ). 

I am cool with any of that you describe.  But my brain just doesn’t see info that way. I feel like I’d miss out on something else.  As in how do you get the new info , the obscure topic etc ?  That and I read fast , so it’s not a chore.  It takes me about 20 minutes every morning to scroll each section of the site for new interesting threads.  Easy to do over coffee.  Exception being 19th hole and juniors.  Don’t go in there too much. I’ll see a couple interesting convos and join and carry those on throughout the day.  Or week.  That’s about it.
  But I can remember the last BST ad or thread in each section I read so I know where to stop.    Viewing it out of order or out of its section in a jumbled up list makes my skin crawl. 

as for starting threads. I do at times. But. As you can see. Being an odd ball doesn’t  lend itself to that very often.  You can get some rough treatment around here for asking the most mundane things.  Or more accurately not being able to communicate those things clearly.  
I’ll checkout that thread you linked now ! 

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 9/22/2020 at 10:35 PM, bladehunter said:

That's exactly how I do it now and have done it since day one.  I have notifications turned off.  I pick and choose what I want to look at and also never have any issues with speed.

Greg

• Like 2

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

7 minutes ago, pga43 said:

That's exactly how I do it now and have done it since day one.  I have notifications turned off.  I pick and choose what I want to look at and also never have any issues with speed.

Greg

Lol.  I am not surprised Greg.  And I mean that as a compliment.  

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 9/20/2020 at 9:03 PM, b.helts said:

I think he’s talking about “Unread Content” and the fact that, today for example, the 2020 US Open thread at times was somewhere around 25 out of the 30 that are by default displayed. (Numbers are estimates and not exact)

Instead of 2020 US Open just having one entry in the Unread Content query even though there may be multiple unread posts. 

This, exactly! He explained it very well. By the way I did include an attachment with a description in a previous post.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

•  
  •  
  1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Yesterday

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

Okay, this(above) is what it looks like when I click on the tab "content I posted in".

When the "2020 US Open" was going strong, that's all I got in the "content I posted in" was 2020 US Open thread, just a series of the same thing over and over and over again. Why not just one post stating that there is unread posts to a particular thread, not 30 saying the same thing? I subscribe to the Hackers Paradise forum and their menus are so simple and appropriate as far as being straight forward. I know what you are thinking, why don't you just stay in that forum and not WRX? I like the content posted in these forums, just not the unprofessional approach they have adopted of searching the forums. Besides saying something like that is a cop out. A few years ago, before any changes, it was soooo easy navigating these forums, now, after whoever got a hold of the platform, it is very unpleasant navigating. WTH?

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

We have been on this new platform for about a month.

We are doing another patch upgrade and server move to support the processing power the new platform requires. 

Once we get past that and board stabilized, then we will address feedback but we are waiting for developer to update to 4.5 full compatibility. 

In the meantime we will also work on fixing results by topic instead of reply. 

Change is hard but necessary and we are doing them in frequent and small increments. 

• Like 2

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

5 minutes ago, Gxgolfer said:

We have been on this new platform for about a month.

We are doing another patch upgrade and server move to support the processing power the new platform requires. 

Once we get past that and board stabilized, then we will address feedback but we are waiting for developer to update to 4.5 full compatibility. 

In the meantime we will also work on fixing results by topic instead of reply. 

Change is hard but necessary and we are doing them in frequent and small increments. 

I feel better now. ?

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

After reading this thread, I think I understand what is being said.  Instead of "Unread Content" listed post by post, I believe they are looking for  "Unread Content" listed by topic showing only the topics that have unread posts in them.  Maybe??? 

Edited by crazygolfnut

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12